[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

ran around saturday to 3 different kb toys in miami, and 2 of them had the $9.99-$19.99 sale

the dadeland mall store had it ( picked up kung-fu chaos, panzer dragoon orta, the bouncer, clock tower 3, arc the lad, resident evil (the guncon one)).

also, got very lucky at the one located across the street of the falls shopping center. grabbed f-zero (at 9pm, that surprised me), ico, dark cloud 2, and boktai

The Manalapan NJ and Freehold NJ stores both had the 9.99-19.99 sale going on. I managed to pick up Otogi, Rygar, Xenosaga, Amplitude, Arc the Lad 4, Dark Cloud 2, and Boktai. Still pissed that neither store had DDRMAX or F-Zero, though...

Hello everyone,

I wasn't able to find F-Zero GX anywhere in Brooklyn or Manhattan, all sold out.....if anyone picked up an extra copy and wants to swap I can offer Eternal Darkness sealed and some cash, or possibly another trade. Let me know! Thanks.

KB sale, ROUND 2: KBs at Northshore Mall, MA and at Square One Mall, MA

Checked around the KBs near me again today (2 days after the start of the sale), and man... they still have TONS of stuff! I can't believe more people aren't taking advantage of this awesome sale (probably because of the lack of advertising). Here's what I got today:

$10 each
Alien vs. Predator (xbox)
Amplitude (for a gift) (ps2)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (xbox)
Parappa 2 (ps2)

AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE ICO!!!! I swear, god is against me getting Ico for less than $30, or Gitaroo Man AT ALL. But yeah, anyone in MA should check out the SquareOne mall, TONS OF STUFF (they had a few Dark Cloud 2 and Arc the Lad). No NBA street 2 either :?

After 4 days, I got 11 games for less than $120, including 2 xmas gifts. For the CAG awards, this has to take "Best deal of the year".

I know a couple of people have already posted asking for f-zero gx...and I'll just ask along with them. I can PayPal the money if that would make it easier, or any other method you wish. Anyone out there offering? E-mail me at: [email protected]. I'd really appreciate it if someone could pick up a copy for me...thanks

Indeed, the deal of the year.

Redford MI off of telegraph for the natives.

Personally picked up:
Mid town Madness 19.99
Orta 9.99
Otagi 14.99
Inside Pitch 9.99
Alien VS. Predator 9.99
And one more I can't remember, don't make no damn sense I tell ya.
Six games for 72 bones.

Almost wish I had a PS2 and a GC.

Where have I been throughout all of this?

The KB store in North Providence, RI has the $10-$20 deal going on. Scored myself Boktai ($10), Arc the Lad ($15), AvP:Extinction ($10), WSB2k# for Xbox ($10), F-Zero GX ($20), D&D Heroes ($20), and Indiana Jones for Xbox ($15). I had to get the display copies of F-Zero, D&D and Indiana Jones, and I believe I got the last sealed copy of WSB2K3.

[quote name='The Hanged Man']West Covina, CA is having the $10-20 sale.

I'm thinking of going back for DC2, and DW4. Can anyone hook me up with F-Zero or Arc? I'm sure I can pick up copies of stuff for trade.[/quote]

If you want F-Zero GC, I was at the Paseo (Pasadena) Colorado KB and saw 2 copies. It was a mad house. The cashier said it ws 49.99. I should have gotten them to scan it in, but if you don't mind the trouble, it's there. Good luck handling the crowd!

[quote name='serro821']Any one from the Portland, Oregon know if this prices are good there too? :shock:[/quote]

All the KB's I went to had the 20% off signs up, and no $9.99-$19.99 bins. But people have also posted that a lot of KB's are having the sale even though they aren't advertising it, so YMMV.

To anyone that went to the KB stores in the San Francisco/Daly City area, were you able get in on these deals? If so, what games did you get?

I checked Rockaway, NJ yesterday - they had very few games out on the floor, though many of those were marked down (Xenosaga - $10, etc)

They actually had a whole ton of stock behind the cash register. I asked one of the associates if those were on sale too - he didn't know, so he asked his manager - this guy claimed that only the ones out on the floor were part of the sale.

I just called them today though and asked to run a price check on PN 03 - a game stocked behind the register but not on display, which came up as the sale price - $20.

So, maybe everyone should check to see if they are running the sale. I get the feeling that these employees just aren't being well informed about this.

Thanks for the heads-up on the one on Rt. 10, for whom posted that. I hate driving down that way though. If I get the time I might check out Wayne, but probably won't be able to between now and Christmas. Besides, I got most of what I wanted.

i couldnt find anyone in my area that had the 50% off sales but I did get

Silent Hill 2 (last copy/display copy)

everything was in great shape, for 19.99, and since it was the display copy they gave me an extra 10% which i thought was neat.

I'm proud of myself - I actually showed some restraint today.

I passed up Boktai for $10. Why? I realized that I really didn't need it. Beyond that, Michigan weather isn't really a great match with Boktai's sun sensor...

I got Otogi for 14.99...I still can't believe I got it soo cheap @_@ and it was the last one they had in stock.
Game is incredible, best way I can put it is Onimusha and Devil May Cry with Rpg elements.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I'm proud of myself - I actually showed some restraint today.

I passed up Boktai for $10. Why? I realized that I really didn't need it. Beyond that, Michigan weather isn't really a great match with Boktai's sun sensor...[/quote]

Wow that is some restraint...I probably wouldn't have done it...even though I really don't need it either.

[quote name='serro821']Any one from the Portland, Oregon know if this prices are good there too? :shock:[/quote]

I called Beaverton and Clackamas KB Toys and both were having the 20% off sale. I visited the Washington Square store and they, too, were just having a 20% off sale....

I just went to the Southpoint KB in Durham, NC for the third day in a row. Seems like they're getting new games in every day. There was one copy of NBA Street vol. 2 left, but it rang up as $39.99. What's up with that??

Add Emerald Square Mall in N. Attleboro MA as doing the 9.99 - 19.99 sale,

Trouble is, hardly anything is on the shelfs now. Best bet go right up to the counter and ask. I ended up grabbing Arc for 14.99, and they hand plently more.

Though no Silent Hill or ICO.

Will be checking out Silver City Galleria in Taunton MA tomorrow afternoon.

Ok,

Well I cant post from work now for some reason? Weird?!?

Anyway I hit my KB up and picked up Silent Hill 3($19.99) and Clock Tower 3 ($9.99) as well as their last copy of Fzero GX (no shrinkwrap but they allow 30 days still to return it! for $19.99)

Anyway I am going to say it now. I dont need or... well lets just say I dont need these games. SO For whomever wants to email me at [email protected] I can provide feedback from IGN and Tradegames now (same username actually)
I will let my copies go for what I have into them plus shipping.
So for Silent Hill 3 its $21.19 (6% tax in MI ) and whatever method of shipping you choose. Priority is $3.85 plus insurance if you so choose.

FZero same deal $21.19

Clock 3 Same deal but its only $10.59 for it.

Shoot me an email I will be able to go off who asked first and I will in that order.

FYI

Oh yeah and the stoer I hit was the Lansing Mall in Lansing, MI pretty picked over I cleaned the last two Silent Hill 3's and Fzero I am unsure if more Clock Towers were available.

I picked up

Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) $14.99
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2) $19.99
Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) $19.99

I wanted to get Brute Force, Otogi, And Tao Feng, but they were all sold out. I went to the Oakbrook, IL KB Toys. Does anyone know which other Chicagoland KB Toys are running this sale?

also, the cutler ridge mall (now called southland mall, what BS) KB is also having the 9.99-19.99 sale..... and seems to have some good stuff left (f-zero)

Hi Guys,
I just checked back at Arundel Mill Mall, and they still had an Arc the Lad (which I picked up) They are finally labeling all of the games with a green sticker. :) hehe

Anyway, they said they were getting more stock on Friday... So maybe more games?? That is what the lady behind the counter told me anyway...

Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='ted630']I picked up

Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) $14.99
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2) $19.99
Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) $19.99

I wanted to get Brute Force, Otogi, And Tao Feng, but they were all sold out. I went to the Oakbrook, IL KB Toys. Does anyone know which other Chicagoland KB Toys are running this sale?[/quote]

The KB at Harlem and Irving Plaza in Norridge is. They're out of Brute Force and Otogi but I did see a couple of Tao Fengs there today.

Well, the place where it all started, KB Toys in Smtihfield RI is doing it.

As is:
Lincoln, RI
North Providence, RI

I'm back in ohio for the holidays and stopped by a local kay bee, they're running this sale as well. Picked up midnight club 2! 19.99, I thought it was supposed to be 14.99. I asked the lady, she scanned it, yup 20. I asked her if that's what the list had it at and she freaked, how do you know about the list? "uh, my buddy works at a kb and told me about it." My new buddy, jt2k3! You rock man!

Ok, I went to 3 different KB Toys in South Seattle: the one in Southcenter mall had the 9.99-19.99 sale and most of their good games were gone; the one in SeaTac mall only had the 20% off sale; and so did the one in the Auburn SuperMall.

So I thought I missed out on the good sale. I flew into Los Angeles to visit my parents for Xmas and went to the KB Toys in Simi Valley and their selection was almost out until I noticed the display cases. I was able to get the display samples of Otogi, F-Zero GX, and Dark Cloud 2 with an extra 10% off since they were the last ones and they were the display samples. (The discs and instructions were placed in this huge CD case full of their "sample/display" games.) I got all three for just under $50...$48.01 to be exact. I lucked out! :D

Boston area listen up!!
KB in Natick Mall is still stocked with a bunch of games. I went there to go to EB to find out about the trade in deal and just popped in for the hell of it and saw the deals. Its a pain in the ass at this KB (all the games are behind counter but I managed to get
DDRmax and ICO for 9.99each
i forgot my list =( but ill be back there tommorrow

[quote name='m_d_amore']Boston area listen up!!
KB in Natick Mall is still stocked with a bunch of games. I went there to go to EB to find out about the trade in deal and just popped in for the hell of it and saw the deals. Its a pain in the ass at this KB (all the games are behind counter but I managed to get
DDRmax and ICO for 9.99each
i forgot my list =( but ill be back there tommorrow[/quote]

HOW MANY COPIES OF ICO DID THEY HAVE?

I would like to say Thank you to the people of CAG for pointing out this deal.

Just picked up Otogi, Dynasty Warriors 4, D&D Heros, and Amplitude at the KB Toy Works on Kirkwood Highway in Wilmington, DE.

They had a great selection of the sale titles, The thing I noticed was that most wern't marked down to the sale price. I had to get the cashier to scan the prices to make sure they came up the correct sale price. Hope this info helps any gamers in the Delaware area.

I'm in college, so I have my car off the road, but my girlfriend was nice enough to drive an hour both ways to the Natick Mall so I could pick up an Ico. She's the best!

Upon getting there, they were pretty nicely stocked. I ended up with:

Ico (ps2) - $9.99
Contra (ps2) - $19.99 (I was surprised, but what are you gonna do? Either buy now or never.)

I noticed that they had tons of Panzer Dragoons and Tao Fengs (think a few Brute Forces too), but no Fzeros. Definately worth a check if you're in the area though. And they had 1 Ico left!

BTW, the deal with Ico is that it's supposed to be both good and somewhat rare. I've found it at most CCs i've been to, but for $30 (which i wasn't going to pay for a 5 hour game). Getting it for $10 is a nice deal, and it's definately a game i'd want in my collection.

Couldn't have got it without my girlfriend either! Thanks again hun! woo!

They might, but by that time dont expect anything to be left.. they won't be recieving new stock either..

bread's done
Back