(DEAD) Life (BBC version narrated by David Attenborough) Blu-ray $19.99 at BN.com

Use coupon code B7M3X3XRSAP to take 10% off your entire order (today only). Not sure if this is a unique code or if it works for everyone.

[quote name='Shan82']I need a 5$ filler for free shipping! :D Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
i'd suggest the batman anthology for 12.99

or austin powers collection 10.79

[quote name='freshzen']I had to go with the Oprah version of Life, which I can deal with for $20.[/QUOTE]
I hope you know what your getting, IMO Oprah's narration sucks!!!

Ended up grabbing Life, TMNT set, and Batman anthology. Well now that Christmas shopping for myself is done for now... maybe I can start on everyone else.

[quote name='scarface333']I hope you know what your getting, IMO Oprah's narration sucks!!![/QUOTE]

I might try and exchange at Wal-Mart after Xmas without a receipt ;)

[quote name='GCS']Rats all the ones I want are OOS. Late to this deal I guess.

Oh well.

Greg[/QUOTE]

Same here. Looks like Life and the Batman Anthology are both out of stock. Oh well.

Can't believe I missed out on Batman :lol:

But it's all good...I don't need to blow all my money before the week even starts. Although, it would've been hard for me to top that deal.

Does anyone expect these to come back in stock, given previous experience with B&N restocking or something to that effect? I'd love to get in on the Austin Powers bundle.

[quote name='supershammy']Does anyone expect these to come back in stock, given previous experience with B&N restocking or something to that effect? I'd love to get in on the Austin Powers bundle.[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but the Austin Powers collection did come back in stock at least once, because I was able to pick it up after seeing it out of stock to begin with.

Umm guys, you should keep in mind they're intentionally clearing out stock of the older ones. A remastered version of this set was released recently - better encodes, better picture quality. The old set is mediocre.

aw what the hell they just canceled my blu ray order for life, and i got it before it ran out of stock yesterday.

Just ordered it but it says it'll be available in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully they don't cancel the order because of that.

Picked up 2 of these with the Austin Powers set and Dollhouse season 1. Man B&N has been killing me these last couple of weeks, with the Criterion Collection sale, and various member coupons.

Just ordered one. :D

Just a heads up, the Futurama seasons & movies are on sale too!
Seasons are $9.89, movies are $5.99 on DVD and the 3rd & 4th ones are on BluRay for $9.99.
I nabbed the 2nd movie on DVD and the 2 Blus.

[quote name='digital ink']I can only seem to find the DVD format and not a Blu-Ray version of just life on B & N.[/QUOTE]
Add the blu-ray from the original link. minimize that window then use the visa link. check out using the visa link and discount will apply.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Aww how come nobody likes Oprah version?[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand what was so bad about it. I saw the entire run on tv with Oprah's voice and it never distracted or bothered me.

Oprah isn't so bad (I got this set through the Earth day deal on Discovery's website), but for this price I wanted to give this one a shot and will probably sell off the Oprah one.
I just wish they had gotten Sigourney Weaver to do Life, because I prefer her version of Earth.

never seen this before but i bit on the non-oprah version along with Batman Begins Limited Edition blu ray set for $33 shipped

[quote name='Tokyojon']aw what the hell they just canceled my blu ray order for life, and i got it before it ran out of stock yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Mine was cancelled also and I ordered shortly after this was posted

[quote name='fieldkillah']Mine was cancelled also and I ordered shortly after this was posted[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped... seems like a crapshoot. Might be trying to cut down on people abusing coupon codes or something.

[quote name='scarface333']Add the blu-ray from the original link. minimize that window then use the visa link. check out using the visa link and discount will apply.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, that worked like a charm!

I just read that the UK version won't work in a PS3 if you use that as your blu-ray player. Does anyone know if that's true?

I ordered the UK version but I'll have to cancel it if B&N doesn't do it first assuming that's true. Maybe I'll get the US version instead.

[quote name='illmatic21']I just read that the UK version won't work in a PS3 if you use that as your blu-ray player. Does anyone know if that's true?

I ordered the UK version but I'll have to cancel it if B&N doesn't do it first assuming that's true. Maybe I'll get the US version instead.[/QUOTE]

If you mean the UK region discs, I dunno, but if you're just talking about the BBC version without Oprah, 100% false. I've got the BBC version and only have a PS3 to watch blu's.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Just ordered one. :D

Just a heads up, the Futurama seasons & movies are on sale too!
Seasons are $9.89, movies are $5.99 on DVD and the 3rd & 4th ones are on BluRay for $9.99.
I nabbed the 2nd movie on DVD and the 2 Blus.[/QUOTE]

The seasons on Amazon are 8.99, the DVD movies are 5.99 (just like B&N) and the Boo-Boo rays are 8.49 and 7.99. Unless you're a B&N member, sounds like Amazon is the better route.

Couldn't pass it up. I ordered Life as well as the two Futurama movies. I also got the Batman Begins LE to replace my HD-DVD. My wallet is mad at me for taking the week off. I've had nothing better to do today than shop online.

If you are a B&N member, use W7K3B7H to get 15% off the highest priced item in your cart.

Credit and THANKS goes to LASERMOVIES at dvdtalk.com.

Just ordered it, along with one of the wife's wishlist items for Xmas. That way I can justify the purchase.. I was really just adding "Life" to HER 7.99 DVD to get the free shipping. :)

bread's done
Back