(DEAD) LOTR Trilogy Blu-Ray @ Family Video - $24.98 shipped

phishphreak77

CAGiversary!
just posted on blu-ray.com forum @ 12:30AM

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/browse_genre.php?browse_id=159&source=mailer0315

the OP said: "Site says it's OOS(more on the way) but it let me order the LOTR trilogy for $22.99. I got an order confirmation a few minutes later. Total w/ shipping and tax came to $26.82. Hopefully they will honor it."

i placed an order a few minutes ago. we'll see what happens... ::fingers crossed::

***EDIT:AS OF NOON -- PRICE UP TO 45.99+S&H***

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get the shipment email, but it shows as shipped online. No to explain to the wife why I bought the set instead of waiting for the extended edition...

I didn't get the email but I goth the set today.
Bad news is that they have shipped it with absolutely nothing to protect it during shipping and therefore there's a rip in the cover art and case cracked, oh well.
good deal anyway.

holy shit...

so I never got an email but I just checked my account and it says shipped.

I seriously just shit my pants, I never thought this thing would ship.

Ladies, it's been a pleasure.

EDIT:
so for whoever DIDN'T get a shipping confirmation email, check your order status on the site.

Mine arrived today. :)

Without any padding around the package, put in a paper-thin plastic UPS mailer that gave me a dented slipcover. :wall:

Anyone else have their copies packaged in something more protective?

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine arrived today. :)

Without any padding around the package, put in a paper-thin plastic UPS mailer that gave me a dented slipcover. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Same..

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine arrived today. :)

Without any padding around the package, put in a paper-thin plastic UPS mailer that gave me a dented slipcover. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Same thing but it appears I was lucky and only had a few very minor dents around the edges.

arrived today...minimal damage to box i'd say. now...to keep it or turn around and try to sell it for more than 24 bucks?

[quote name='midgat0']arrived today...minimal damage to box i'd say. now...to keep it or turn around and try to sell it for more than 24 bucks?[/QUOTE]

same here...minimal damage.

[quote name='Hostile']Same thing but it appears I was lucky and only had a few very minor dents around the edges.[/QUOTE]Not mine, as the slipcover was damaged as was the BD case.

I called FMV and they're going to replace it, plus pay shipping back to them. Replacement one is coming UPS 2-day, hopefully in a box. They were very apologetic when I complained about it being in a paper-thin plastic mailer.

got mine in today and it was in pristine condition.

moved the discs right to the steelbook case and even got half of return of the king in! looks beautiful!

[quote name='Pookymeister']got mine. Same shoddy packaging job, but it wasn't really damaged so not going to complain.[/QUOTE]

Same.

Mine arrived today. It came slightly damaged, but not enough to complain when it was like $50 cheaper than Amazon.com.

Thanks again to the OP. I'm so happy that they honored this price. I won't have time to watch them until I'm off school Christmas time anyway.

My replacement copy showed up today, also packaged in the same paper-thin UPS plastic envelope that packed my first copy. This one showed up without any damage, thankfully. However, if this is how they're going to package their single-item shipments, I'm going to avoid them like the plague. Even a bubble mailer would give more protection than this plastic bag they shipped it in twice.

Just got mine in yesterday. My sets (bought 3) came in a cardboard box with some light packing. All were in good condition. And no, I did not buy 3 to resell. One for me, the other two were gifts. Thanks OP for the deal!!

bread's done
Back