(DEAD) MadMen Seasons 1-3 $9.99/$7.99 Black Friday Amazon.com Lightning Deal

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!
From Amazon.com Movies & TV on Facebook:

Tell
your friends: If we get 50,000 people to "like" us on Facebook by
Thanksgiving, we’ll run a four-hour Lightning Deal on Black Friday for
"Mad Men" seasons 1-3 at $7.99 each on DVD and at $9.99 each on Blu-ray.
When you follow us on Facebook, you’ll be the first to know about our
...best Movies & TV deals and special offers.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazoncom-Movies-TV/243253990754

I'd love to see this as I just need to get season 3 on Blu-Ray and 9.99 would be a most excellent price!

Please click on the link and "Like" them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Antic']I don't even think it has been posted on IMDB yet.[/QUOTE]

If you see this not posted in other forums go ahead and post something!

[quote name='sangredekrazy']If you see this not posted in other forums go ahead and post something![/QUOTE]

Done. I was hoping someone else would do it since I didn't have an account, but I just did it. Has anyone posted it on the AMC Mad Men page?

[quote name='Antic']Done. I was hoping someone else would do it since I didn't have an account, but I just did it. Has anyone posted it on the AMC Mad Men page?[/QUOTE]

I'll do it now.

[quote name='jling84']I bet they will offer the deal even if we don't reach 50k.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. It would suck if they're like "We didn't reach 50,000, but we'll sell them on Black Friday for $16.99 a piece instead of $9.99 a piece"

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Hopefully. It would suck if they're like "We didn't reach 50,000, but we'll sell them on Black Friday for $16.99 a piece instead of $9.99 a piece"[/QUOTE]

I could totally see amazon doing that.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Hopefully. It would suck if they're like "We didn't reach 50,000, but we'll sell them on Black Friday for $16.99 a piece instead of $9.99 a piece"[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that's exactly what they're planning on doing.. :/

oh man, ive been meaning to re-watch mad men seasons 1 and 2 with season 4 being done and all.

for anyone new to mad men and decides to bite on this deal, be patient and stick with the show. i didnt start to really enjoy season 1 until episode 8 or so. from there it just gets better with season 3 being great and season 4 being amazing.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']oh man, ive been meaning to re-watch mad men seasons 1 and 2 with season 4 being done and all.

for anyone new to mad men and decides to bite on this deal, be patient and stick with the show. i didnt start to really enjoy season 1 until episode 8 or so. from there it just gets better with season 3 being great and season 4 being amazing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The first 4 episodes are nothing special. 5-7 are OK and then it gets really really good. Worth sticking with.

They have Mad Men S1-3 on the Amazon Calender for Black Friday so it appears we'll get some form of a deal on it.

They're only up to 6,000 fans...I just got this in my email. Hopefully it'll be up to 50k by next Friday. I'd really like to get in on S2 and 3.

I got 8 of my friends on Facebook to sign up, it went from 2000 to 6000 in a couple days. Hopefully it keeps this exponential rate and will get to 50K by Thanksgiving.

I hope they set a limit to one of each season per customer.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']oh man, ive been meaning to re-watch mad men seasons 1 and 2 with season 4 being done and all.

for anyone new to mad men and decides to bite on this deal, be patient and stick with the show. i didnt start to really enjoy season 1 until episode 8 or so. from there it just gets better with season 3 being great and season 4 being amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I'll follow it for sure because I haven't watched Mad men yet, but I know what you're talking about. I didn't really even like Lost or The Wire until the like the 4th or 5th episodes, and those are 2 of my favorite shows.

[quote name='Mixer236']I don't see this getting anywhere near 50K[/QUOTE]

Seriously, we're on pace for like what 15,000. Disappointing, maybe Amazon will be good sports and our consolation prize will be $11.99/9.99

best buy in going to have seasons 1-3 in there black friday ad for both blu ray and dvd for $9.99 this weekend so either way they probably will do this whether it makes it or not

[quote name='acaraba2']best buy in going to have seasons 1-3 in there black friday ad for both blu ray and dvd for $9.99 this weekend so either way they probably will do this whether it makes it or not[/QUOTE]

I think what this guy is trying to say is that Seasons 1-3 will be on sale this Friday at Best Buy for $9.99 each (Blu Ray and DVD versions).

I checked the Best Buy ad they had posted on their site, and to my surprise, the Blu Ray and DVD versions will be advertised for $9.99/each.

I'm planning on picking up all three seasons on Blu Ray was well as Saving Private Ryan for $9.99.

Not bad for $40.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']They are currently at 10,500. only 35,500 more followers to go! lol[/QUOTE]
It ain't gonna happen--Mad Men is a show that appeals to older people who 1) aren't on Facebook as much, and 2) can afford to buy the sets as soon as they're released anyways.

I'm hoping that they'll lower the prices to something like $14.99 though.

i hope your right about that cause i just finished season 1 & im dying to get seasons 2 & 3 to know what happens next

[quote name='Antic']I bet they're going to do the price range they listed regardless. They just want to see how far this can go.[/QUOTE]
Yeah especially since, as posted above, Best Buy will have them for 9.99. Sounds like pricematch territory for me.

[quote name='machindo']I think what this guy is trying to say is that Seasons 1-3 will be on sale this Friday at Best Buy for $9.99 each (Blu Ray and DVD versions).

I checked the Best Buy ad they had posted on their site, and to my surprise, the Blu Ray and DVD versions will be advertised for $9.99/each.

I'm planning on picking up all three seasons on Blu Ray was well as Saving Private Ryan for $9.99.

Not bad for $40.[/QUOTE]
Where? I can't find it.

[quote name='moviewizguy']Where? I can't find it.[/QUOTE]
Go to the front page of Bestbuy.com, click on Doorbusters. Then at the top you'll see a link to preview the Thanksgiving ad. When you look at the actual Black Friday ad, it's in there. Mad Men 1-3 and Weeds 1-5 are 9.99 a piece on DVD or Blu Ray.

If Best Buy follows the past couple of years, you should check on BestBuy.com on Thursday morning, as they may post the doorbusters online. I picked up a few of the ones from the past couple of years that way and never made it out to the store.

Turns out I won't get to spend quite as much as I had originally planned. Still though, seasons 2 and 3 are top tier deals this week for me, personally. As is SPR for 9.99.

I really hope that Amazon PMs Mad Men and Saving Private Ryan.

If they do, I have no reason to even attempt to go shopping on Black Friday. Not sure if I would anyways.

"Many thanks to the more than 13,000 people we can now count as "likers" of Amazon.com Movies & TV. We're not quite to the 50,000 that we were hoping to reach by Thanksgiving, but we still want to show how much we appreciate your support. So we will be lowering the price of "Mad Men" Seasons 1,2, and 3 to $9.99 each on DVD and Blu-ray from Nov. 25 through Nov. 27. Have a Happy Thanksgiving."

[quote name='BuckinKaeding']"Many thanks to the more than 13,000 people we can now count as "likers" of Amazon.com Movies & TV. We're not quite to the 50,000 that we were hoping to reach by Thanksgiving, but we still want to show how much we appreciate your support. So we will be lowering the price of "Mad Men" Seasons 1,2, and 3 to $9.99 each on DVD and Blu-ray from Nov. 25 through Nov. 27. Have a Happy Thanksgiving."[/QUOTE]

knew they would do this after I found out BB was going to have them for 9.99 but still good to have it verified

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']So will this start at Midnight? What time zone? I don't wanna hang around my computer all night waiting for this to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it will go on sale tonight at 12 AM Pacific.

They originally had it slated for a time slot, but thats not what their message said on facebook.

im in for each season. i dont know if i should go with blu-ray though. i dont always have my ps3 on me and my friends would be able to borrow the dvd version (if they want)

I might just go with the DVD versions. I considered the Blu-ray partly because I'd like to resell them down the line and figured that'd get more money, but looking at completed auctions DVD sets are getting a good amount too (around $50-60 for all 3).

Just noticed they added It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 4. It'd be epic if they sold it for $10, I'll be all over that one!

I love Amazon. I'll definitely pick up 1-3 on BD of Mad Men. They just added Entourage lightning deals for tomorrow night, so I can finally get Season 6 as well. Too bad the Dexter seasons aren't Blu.

[quote name='joshnorm']Well it looks like I am staying up until 3 tonight.

Thanks for the update.[/QUOTE]

Why stay up till 3? If you put it in your cart now you can pay for it whenever you wake up at the new price.

I've never seen this show before but it seems like plenty of people say good things about it. Can't pass up 3 seasons of a good TV show for only $30.

I'm just wondering if they have enough of these in stock that I'd be able to wait until Friday to buy them in order to get one of the $5 blu-rays along with it for free shipping. Probably not worth the risk though.

[quote name='iceman88']Why stay up till 3? If you put it in your cart now you can pay for it whenever you wake up at the new price.[/QUOTE]

It may take a few days extra if they sell out of stock though.

bread's done
Back