(DEAD) MadMen Seasons 1-3 $9.99/$7.99 Black Friday Amazon.com Lightning Deal

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!
From Amazon.com Movies & TV on Facebook:

Tell
your friends: If we get 50,000 people to "like" us on Facebook by
Thanksgiving, we’ll run a four-hour Lightning Deal on Black Friday for
"Mad Men" seasons 1-3 at $7.99 each on DVD and at $9.99 each on Blu-ray.
When you follow us on Facebook, you’ll be the first to know about our
...best Movies & TV deals and special offers.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazoncom-Movies-TV/243253990754

I'd love to see this as I just need to get season 3 on Blu-Ray and 9.99 would be a most excellent price!

Please click on the link and "Like" them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased these for $9.99 each but are these really going to be on sale as a
"Lightning Deal?" even less than the $29 i already got it for? anyone

it seems to be scheduled as a LD tomorrow

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I just finished watching Season 2 via Netflix and I just ordered all three seasons on blu-ray.

Figured I would re-watch them again, most likely by showing them to friends/family.

Wished Breaking Bad was on sale but time is on my side.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got all 3 seasons on DVD awhile back, should I really justify getting it again on Blu?[/QUOTE]

:D

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought all 3 seasons on DVD awhile ago, but 9.99 a season for watching Don Draper and company in Hi-Def was too hard to pass on and especially since I have Directv and we don't get AMC HD.

Never watched the show, but the price is fantastic. I just bought S1 though...with raving reviews, I think it's safe to just go on and buy the next two.

Bah i went ahead and ordered Season 2 and 3 as well, I've never seen the show but I've only heard superfluous comments for it so i bite.

[quote name='johngonzalo21']I purchased these for $9.99 each but are these really going to be on sale as a
"Lightning Deal?" even less than the $29 i already got it for? anyone

it seems to be scheduled as a LD tomorrow[/QUOTE]
Tomorrow as in Friday, or tomorrow as in Saturday? It's not a lightning deal for Friday.

We watched the first disc of season 1 last week which was the first five episodes I think. Now I can get all three seasons and take Mad Men off our Netflix queue.

Really good deal.

Awesome deal picked up all 3 seasons for $30. Looking forward to checking out the show for the first time, have heard nothing but great things.

Just gave in and bought S2 and S3. For $30, you really, really can't go wrong, especially with the acclaim this show has gotten.

[quote name='abhinav']Bah i went ahead and ordered Season 2 and 3 as well, I've never seen the show but I've only heard superfluous comments for it so i bite.[/QUOTE]

That word does not mean what you think it means.

Is this show as good as Breaking Bad? I watch BB and Walking Dead which are 2 AMC shows.

I watch Boardwalk Empire and True Blood.

Will I like this show?

[quote name='Capocci 007']Is this show as good as Breaking Bad? I watch BB and Walking Dead which are 2 AMC shows.

Will I like this show?[/QUOTE]

Well, (and I like the show), but there is NO 'action' at all in it. I say that because all those shows you mentioned have a bit of the old ultraviolence and nudity etc. Mad Men has none of that. It is people talking, and that's the show. Do not buy it if you're expecting a lot of big thrills and awesome moments. Half the time, the most exciting thing that happens in an episode is someone lighting a cigarette!

Personally I like Breaking Bad a lot more.

so basically, there isn't any "omg" moments? No suspense? I know it's a drama show but dramas do have suspenseful moments. And clifhanger suspense.

I probably won't like it then if all it is, is talking. So what is the point of the show then?

[quote name='Capocci 007']so basically, there isn't any "omg" moments? No suspense? I know it's a drama show but dramas do have suspenseful moments. And clifhanger suspense.

I probably won't like it then if all it is, is talking. So what is the point of the show then?[/QUOTE]

Honestly there's not much suspense. The point? Its basically a classy/slightly pretentious soap opera, men and women cheating and having affairs, people with secrets they don't want getting out, the occasional backstabbing, etc.

I don't remember any true OMG moments in it....whereas Breaking Bad has many :)

[quote name='dinovelvet']Honestly there's not much suspense. The point? Its basically a classy/slightly pretentious soap opera, men and women cheating and having affairs, people with secrets they don't want getting out, the occasional backstabbing, etc.

I don't remember any true OMG moments in it....whereas Breaking Bad has many :)[/QUOTE]this is a good summary. I got season 1 last black friday and have tried to watch it 3 times now. I just can't get into it. No season 2 or 3 for me. To each their own though.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Is this show as good as Breaking Bad? I watch BB and Walking Dead which are 2 AMC shows.

Will I like this show?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, NOTHING is as good as Breaking Bad right now. Not since The Wire or The Sopranos has there been as good of a show. Dexter comes close. I haven't seen all of Mad Men, but I'm sure you'll like it better than True Blood. TB is a fun show but it doesn't really stick with you.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I don't remember any true OMG moments in it....whereas Breaking Bad has many :)[/QUOTE]
I have two words for you: John Deere. OMG! Biggest tv OMG in years in my opinion.

I love Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Breaking Bad has its share of talky episodes as well, and those are usually pretty damn good - Jesse and Walt trapped in the desert comes to mind. Two of the best shows on TV, and I usually find that people who like one like the other.

Lol, I ordered mine Thanksgiving when the deal started at exactly 2am, and they arrived today. However, I ordered Simpsons Season 20 on Wednesday and it's still not here...weird.

[quote name='simmias']I have two words for you: John Deere. OMG! Biggest tv OMG in years in my opinion.

I love Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Breaking Bad has its share of talky episodes as well, and those are usually pretty damn good - Jesse and Walt trapped in the desert comes to mind. Two of the best shows on TV, and I usually find that people who like one like the other.[/QUOTE]

i'm gonna have to check out breaking bad. love your avatar by the way!

I've seen the first four episodes or so of Season 1. It's definitely got my attention, I love the tension between Pete Campbell and Draper.

I was going to get in on this deal, but I've just got too much clutter when it comes to DVDs and Blu-rays. Then, I noticed that Amazon was offering season 1-3 in HD through their VOD service. I had an $8 VOD credit from an earlier purchase, so season 1-3 in HD on VOD ended up costing me $21.97...nice!

I just got my three seasons today and season 1 the cover underneath the plastic looks like it doesn't even fit under there and looks all bent up. Is that normal? seasons 2 and 3 looks perfect though.

[quote name='Aerc']I just got my three seasons today and season 1 the cover underneath the plastic looks like it doesn't even fit under there and looks all bent up. Is that normal? seasons 2 and 3 looks perfect though.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Man I hope mine doesn't come in like that :pray:

[quote name='Aerc']I just got my three seasons today and season 1 the cover underneath the plastic looks like it doesn't even fit under there and looks all bent up. Is that normal? seasons 2 and 3 looks perfect though.[/QUOTE]

That is normal, though some of them do look worse than others. I've got a decent collection of blu's (both movies and TV seasons) and this is the only one I've ever had that's been like that.

For those of you that are worried about that, it isn't too bad. Most of them just look like the insert is a little wrinkled and you can't tell at all when it's on the shelf.

[quote name='shadowkast']this is a good summary. I got season 1 last black friday and have tried to watch it 3 times now. I just can't get into it. No season 2 or 3 for me. To each their own though.[/QUOTE]

Season 1 just starts out slow. Once you get into the later episodes it gets better... Seasons 2 and 3 are phenomenal.

As for any "omg moments", as it's been put, there is an occasion every once in a while when your jaw will drop. But, the show mostly relies on the drama aspects, the nostalgia of the time period as well as brilliant acting and top-notch production with music that is so masterfully paired with it.

[quote name='Mixer236']Season 1 just starts out slow. Once you get into the later episodes it gets better... Seasons 2 and 3 are phenomenal.

As for any "omg moments", as it's been put, there is an occasion every once in a while when your jaw will drop. But, the show mostly relies on the drama aspects, the nostalgia of the time period as well as brilliant acting and top-notch production with music that is so masterfully paired with it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's been stated a number of times (by me) that the series starts slow. The first 4 shows are just OK. 5 through 8 are a little better. Then it just explodes into damn good TV. Just brilliant writing. You're doing yourself a disservice if you dump it midway through the first season.

I am going to rewatch the first season to see if the "slow start" is actually true since a lot of the characters have "changed" for lack of a better word. THe slow start might not be so slow the second time around ;)

Damn, just got mine in the mail and found that I ordered S3 on DVD instead of Blu. I don't suppose there's anyone out there in the opposite position who wants to trade?

[quote name='pete5883']Damn, just got mine in the mail and found that I ordered S3 on DVD instead of Blu. I don't suppose there's anyone out there in the opposite position who wants to trade?[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks.

My blu-rays shipped yesterday. Can't wait, after I finished SPartacus I was looking for a good TV show to watch, here's hoping!

[quote name='xTraPointLess']Agreed. It's been stated a number of times (by me) that the series starts slow. The first 4 shows are just OK. 5 through 8 are a little better. Then it just explodes into damn good TV. Just brilliant writing. You're doing yourself a disservice if you dump it midway through the first season.

I am going to rewatch the first season to see if the "slow start" is actually true since a lot of the characters have "changed" for lack of a better word. THe slow start might not be so slow the second time around ;)[/QUOTE]

As a hater of Mad Men, I have to say, why would anyone waste 8 hours of their life in the hopes that after that, they start liking it? You love Mad Men, yet admit the first "EIGHT" episodes more-or-less suck. I give a TV show up to 5 episodes to prove itself and Mad Men did not at all. God it bored the living hell out of me. Yes, I agree the acting, production values, and music are all phenomenal, but the plot, comedy, and relationships were so drab that I couldn't handle it anymore. I had looked forward to getting to that show (in my backlog) for a long time and was sooooo thoroughly disappointed. Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead > Mad Men

bread's done
Back