[Dead] Mafia PS2 $8 and DragonballZ: Budokai 2 $18 after coupon at FYE

PrinceNeil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just ordered the 2 games at www.fye.com for those prices. I don't know if DBZ is really cheap at $19.99, but its still $39.99 everywhere else. This is online only because I called the store next to me and the prices are $49.99 for both games.

added by cheapd
use code FYEVISA10 to get 10% off (thanks, illennium)

Mafia http://www.fye.com/catalog/gamesProduct.jhtml?itemId=10934767
DBZ 2 http://www.fye.com/catalog/gamesProduct.jhtml?itemId=10986307

Also, I traded in a still-sealed Black & Bruised($5.99 ebgames) yesterday at the FYE store, and the manager took them back as new because it was still wrapped. He gave me $49.99 store credit for it and $19.99 each for sealed Splinter Cell($5 BestBuy) and sealed Rogue Ops($9.99 CircuitCity).

[quote name='PrinceNeil']
Also, I traded in a still-sealed Black & Bruised($5.99 ebgames) yesterday at the FYE store, and the manager took them back as new because it was still wrapped. He gave me $49.99 store credit for it and $19.99 each for sealed Splinter Cell($5 BestBuy) and sealed Rogue Ops($9.99 CircuitCity).[/quote]

was that a PS 2 version of Splinter Cell? I'd love to find it for XBox for $4.99 at BB :)

i picked up mafia, i really dont have any intrest in it, but i figure its worth a shot, if i play it and hate it, im sure i can get my $12.00 back

Thanks for the great deal and 10% off to boot. Yeah! I just placed my order for Mafia. Scary thing is, when I look up my open order history it shows:

Product Title Price Qty Item Subtotal
Mafia $49.99 1 $8.99

They'd better not overcharge me. :?

i just checked my order status and everything seems fine

Order Subtotal: $8.99
Shipping Cost: $2.99
Promotional/Coupon Savings - $1.0
Tax: $0.84
Order Total: $12.82

hope no ones gets charged 40!

My order looks okay, it's just on the item portion that just doesn't add up. I'm thinking somebody goofed bigtime. If they send the PC version I'm going to be mad too. :evil:

Coupon Savings: $0.00
Tax: $1.05
Order Total: $13.03

I found this funny (when I requested printer friendly view to print out a receipt), at the end of it it states:

Estimated total delivery time (processing & shipping) of in-stock items:
Standard: 3-7 business days
Two Day: 3-4 business days
Next Day: 2-3 business days

Nothing nefarious or underhanded in terms of this deal. Just thought it funny.

Probably because it takes them a day or two to process and ship the orders but once it is shipped, it's next day delivery on overnight shipping

Awesome price on Mafia. I hope they honor it

I too have finally gotten in on one of these online deals before it was sold out. Thanks a lot for the deal and same for the person who offered up the coupon. Just ordered Mafia. I figured that I would pickup DBZ: Budokai 2 another time, because its going to be $19.99 at some point over at Best Buy which would make it $14.99 with the GGC. Way cheaper. :D

-Morpheus

GO FYE!!!
Probably the one time, i'll shop online with them.
can't beat mafia ps2 for $10 AND with a coupon to boot. Nice find.

And if you don't like the Mafia game you can trade it in at EBgames.com for $22.00. Around a $10 profit plus full refund of what you spent. Not bad. 8)

-Morpheus

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='PrinceNeil']
Also, I traded in a still-sealed Black & Bruised($5.99 ebgames) yesterday at the FYE store, and the manager took them back as new because it was still wrapped. He gave me $49.99 store credit for it and $19.99 each for sealed Splinter Cell($5 BestBuy) and sealed Rogue Ops($9.99 CircuitCity).[/quote]

was that a PS 2 version of Splinter Cell? I'd love to find it for XBox for $4.99 at BB :)[/quote]

Nope, it was the XBox version of Splinter Cell that I snagged a few months ago when BestBuy had that goof-up of Platinum Hits title showing up $5.00 in your cart when you add Prince of Persia. I opted for the store pick-up and it went through.

Also, I just sold more games at FYE, all sealed(2 Black & Bruised, Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell, Tom & Jerry, Summer Heat Volleyball, and Dynasty Tactics 2) and got me an Online Playstation 2 Bundle(w/ ATV Offroad Fury 2) and $52 in store credit. They gave me $49.99 each for Black & Bruised and Dynasty Tactics 2. Total of all games ~ $65, got back ~ $260. Pretty good deal!

can anyone try and get their local circuit city to match mafia for 9.99 with an internet printout. If no one is successful before tomorrow, ill go give it a try.

My first CAG buying experience besides a couple CC clearence purchases!! I picked one up for my Brother-in-law too! I hope I get the game OK. Thanks!

Got my Mafia order in, whew! $13.01 shipped after coupon + NYC tax (damn that 8.625%!). These deals come and go so fast. Even if I don't like it, figure I can at least get money back at trade-in, if not more!

Mafia is more than worth 10 dollars. If they fixed the driving, then the enjoyment level skyrockets.

The missions in the beginning are much more bland than the ones after chapter 4

Bought two for $22.5 after tax. Already have it for PC. But I hope to trade these two in at Gamestop and get a copy of Disgaea.

One note, the PC version is supposed to be much better. Gamespot said the port was awful to the PS2 and X-Box when compared to the opriginal game. Also it's supposedly buggy. If you have a PC, and can run it, I recommend getting the PC version. I would only get this for trade/ebay value.

[quote name='maxgle']how is this site different from outpost.com?
arent they the same company?[/quote]

Maybe you're thinking of Fry's? This is FYE

over the part where u put in your zip code theres a line that says something like "have a coupon code? click here"

took me a while too

[quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='PrinceNeil']

was that a PS 2 version of Splinter Cell? I'd love to find it for XBox for $4.99 at BB :)[/quote]

Nope, it was the XBox version of Splinter Cell that I snagged a few months ago when BestBuy had that goof-up of Platinum Hits title showing up $5.00 in your cart when you add Prince of Persia. I opted for the store pick-up and it went through.

Also, I just sold more games at FYE, all sealed(2 Black & Bruised, Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell, Tom & Jerry, Summer Heat Volleyball, and Dynasty Tactics 2) and got me an Online Playstation 2 Bundle(w/ ATV Offroad Fury 2) and $52 in store credit. They gave me $49.99 each for Black & Bruised and Dynasty Tactics 2. Total of all games ~ $65, got back ~ $260. Pretty good deal![/quote]

I didn't know FYE had a trade in policy. But I honestly rarel;y go into the FYE at the mall. Maybe once a year. I wonder... If I try to trade these back in to FYE what value I would get. It would be funny, if the stores still value them at a value of say 20-30, if they accepted these.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='PrinceNeil']

Also, I just sold more games at FYE, all sealed(2 Black & Bruised, Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell, Tom & Jerry, Summer Heat Volleyball, and Dynasty Tactics 2) and got me an Online Playstation 2 Bundle(w/ ATV Offroad Fury 2) and $52 in store credit. They gave me $49.99 each for Black & Bruised and Dynasty Tactics 2. Total of all games ~ $65, got back ~ $260. Pretty good deal![/quote]

I didn't know FYE had a trade in policy. But I honestly rarel;y go into the FYE at the mall. Maybe once a year. I wonder... If I try to trade these back in to FYE what value I would get. It would be funny, if the stores still value them at a value of say 20-30, if they accepted these.[/quote]

if i could trade this in for 50 bucks at walmart, id do it.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='PrinceNeil']

I didn't know FYE had a trade in policy. But I honestly rarel;y go into the FYE at the mall. Maybe once a year. I wonder... If I try to trade these back in to FYE what value I would get. It would be funny, if the stores still value them at a value of say 20-30, if they accepted these.[/quote]

if i could trade this in for 50 bucks at walmart, id do it.[/quote]

if you do...do me a favor...dont post here that you did it

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='PrinceNeil']

Trade it in and I bet they'll give you $49.99 if its still sealed. They give you what they're selling them for and its still $49.99 in stores.

something weird is goin on...

[quote name='fye']

Order Placed: April 15, 2004 at5:15PM

Product Title Mafia
Price $49.99
Qty 1
Item Subtotal $8.99

Release Date: 1/27/2004
Format: PlayStation 2
Item Status: In Process
Carrier: Ship viaStandard

Promotional/Coupon Savings - $0.6000000000000001

[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']something weird is goin on...

[quote name='fye']

Order Placed: April 15, 2004 at5:15PM

Product Title Mafia
Price $49.99
Qty 1
Item Subtotal $8.99

Release Date: 1/27/2004
Format: PlayStation 2
Item Status: In Process
Carrier: Ship viaStandard

Promotional/Coupon Savings - $0.6000000000000001

[/quote][/quote]

Mine looks the same (more or less). It hasn't been cancelled yet, but nothing's been charged to my card either (according to FYE). When I checked the Mafia listing this morning, it still showed In Stock and at $9.99. I can't imagine the amount of orders they received overnight for it so it's a little sketchy how through the night they still had stock in the morning.

Edit: Although on the bright side, Budokai 2 is still $19.99!

bread's done
Back