*DEAD* Mountain Dew's Old School/New School Sweepstakes! *DEAD*

Wow nice Chuck.

First time playing today and I went 0/6. Going to buy some Dew tomorrow anyway so its nice to know I can use the code. I have been spreading the tries around.

when playing for the tv/360...I HATE when that douche laughs at me, if I saw that cat on the street I would give him a solid upper cut, then laugh at him....SORRY poor loser some times

[quote name='georox']So far im like 0/70 or so, not counting tonights loses that are coming up.[/quote]
same here bro:bomb:

[quote name='packerfan10']I was thinking do you have to due anything on the taxes if you win a larger ticket item?[/quote]
I know you're required to pay taxes if you happen to win one of the cars.. not sure about the other prizes.

..also, 0/34.

yes any win or wins in total over $600 have to be filed as income at end of year. Pepsi will turn there stuff in as a write off and since they have to keep records of names and winners there will be a trail.

It will be filed as misc. income on your tax return. If you win a bigger prize I would say they will send you a affy to fill out with your SS number so at the end of the year they will send you a 1099 to file it. Make sure to make notes on all the affys you fill out since you can get in deep you know what if you dont file them. Kind of sucks waiting on them most the time I couldnt file my taxes this year cause I was waiting on a 1099 for a puter I won didnt file till late march over it.

congrats chuck. you definitely need to give us the report on the cabinet whenever you get it - i'm looking forward to hearing about it. i'm sure it'll be freakin' awesome.

congrats on the arcade cabinet. gives me hope now to try even more for the xbox/television set. you know what though guys. i honestly think every code that can be found on amp cans can be used by everybody.

if anyone has a new can code. please post it after you enter it yourself to see if we can all use it.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']congrats on the arcade cabinet. gives me hope now to try even more for the xbox/television set. you know what though guys. i honestly think every code that can be found on amp cans can be used by everybody.

if anyone has a new can code. please post it after you enter it yourself to see if we can all use it.[/quote]

This is true. EVERYONE can use the same AMP codes over and over again (3 per day). The list is on page 4 of this thread.

[quote name='cheba63']Just won me some old school kicks! :)[/quote]
Congrats!!!:applause:

I'm 0 for a lot now, but will keep trying. My luck has been good for other contests recently...

Not sure if this has been stated, before.. or if it's just common knowledge, but the codes on page four are pretty versatile.

Pretty much any number between at least 1,000-2,600 (haven't tried further) will work in the following code:
xxxxGC041083
Where the x's are replaced with the four-digit number.

0/6 again today :(

I bought a Dew today since I usually drink it anyway and no code was under the cap, ah well :/

Wish I had more plays haha.

0/6 again. To get more codes, you can enter the Dew ones unlimited times per day right (Rather than only 3 codes for the Amp)? Are there any that everyone can enter so we can get like 100+ tries? Thanks guys

I'm assuming each code on the Dew bottles is unique, which is why there is not a list of them, right? Unique meaning only one person can use it one time, thats it.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']I'm assuming each code on the Dew bottles is unique, which is why there is not a list of them, right? Unique meaning only one person can use it one time, thats it.[/quote]

yeah thats how it is for this one. which sucks, because it would be better if we could actually be guaranteed something. i hate contests like this.

Err, I'm not entirely sure what just happened. I was playing for the old school kicks and MS came up in the URL, but I still got the "maybe next time" message at the end. In my account history, it now shows me as having won the kicks, but it never told me that I did. When you win, do you enter in an email? Or does it just automatically send an email to whichever address you have on file with the yahoo ID? I really hope it's the latter, because it would suck if I just somehow missed my chance.

I'm so confused. :/

Sorry for the double post but for anyone losing hope just moments after I posted that I got a conformation mail X_x. It was exactly 6 days.

[quote name='packerfan10']Sorry for the double post but for anyone losing hope just moments after I posted that I got a conformation mail X_x. It was exactly 6 days.[/QUOTE]

Glad you've gotten yours. What is odd is that they don't even send a confirmation email after you've won. I immediately went to my yahoo address after I won the kicks and there wasn't anything there... I then read through the last few pages of this thread and read that they don't send you anything for a few days.

Although it did take a few days to get the confirmation email, the shipping is great. Seriously, I ordered the old school kicks late on the 11th, and I received them midday the 13th, using the free ground shipping. So, just believe in the Mountain Dew guys.

Besides, beggars can't be choosers and all that. They're doing us a favor.

hi guys i am new, just a cool trick i wanted to share with everyone, say if you already entered 1800gc04108 right you can switch the 2 LETTERS in the middle WITH EITHER FG,GB, OR EA AND IT WILL STLL WORK FOR ALL THE CODES so the same code 4 times but with DIFFFERENT LETTERS EACH TIME

i won the OLD school kicks last night with these free codes WOOT

thanks for your time and good luck everyone :)

yo just saw this forum and signed up. I'm so far 0-24, each time playing for the TV/XBOX. I plan to keep drinking at least one Dew every day, entering the codes indiscriminate of the time of day or how many I have. I personally doubt that any of you losers out there with a stockpile of caps saved up for a big dump will do any better than I will. Remember, the later you enter the codes, the less prizes there will be to play for.

One thing I've thought about that isn't explained anywhere in the rules: You put the code in, and the site gives you a "Game Play." So far, according to my account history, there is no such thing as a winning or losing code. All there is is the time when the codes were entered. But you can keep the game plays, you can stock up on them until the final day if you'd like. But when are you really winning the prize? Do you enter the code, and at that very moment the site goes, "Okay, he wins a _____?" If so, what if you don't play for that prize? Or maybe when you enter the code and win, you will win whatever prize you end up playing for. That would be nice, but it sounds a little too easy. I think the prizes are given away at predetermined times; at any one time, if one person wins shoes, nobody else is winning anything. The trick is to be one of the people to play for the right prize at the right time, and luck decides from there.

This is just plain speculation by me, based on what I've read on the contest website. Anyone ever read anything anywhere else about the mechanics of this contest?

[quote name='CrimsonJet']yo just saw this forum and signed up. I'm so far 0-24, each time playing for the TV/XBOX. I plan to keep drinking at least one Dew every day, entering the codes indiscriminate of the time of day or how many I have. I personally doubt that any of you losers out there with a stockpile of caps saved up for a big dump will do any better than I will. Remember, the later you enter the codes, the less prizes there will be to play for.

One thing I've thought about that isn't explained anywhere in the rules: You put the code in, and the site gives you a "Game Play." So far, according to my account history, there is no such thing as a winning or losing code. All there is is the time when the codes were entered. But you can keep the game plays, you can stock up on them until the final day if you'd like. But when are you really winning the prize? Do you enter the code, and at that very moment the site goes, "Okay, he wins a _____?" If so, what if you don't play for that prize? Or maybe when you enter the code and win, you will win whatever prize you end up playing for. That would be nice, but it sounds a little too easy. I think the prizes are given away at predetermined times; at any one time, if one person wins shoes, nobody else is winning anything. The trick is to be one of the people to play for the right prize at the right time, and luck decides from there.

This is just plain speculation by me, based on what I've read on the contest website. Anyone ever read anything anywhere else about the mechanics of this contest?[/quote]

Wow that post gave me a headache. You are thinking way too hard about it.

I am going to let you in on the secret to this Instant Win Game & every other Instant Win Games... THEY ARE TIMED BASED. The code only gives you a "play" Its up to you when you use your play. If you use your play at the time that the contest has picked to give out a prize, and you are the first one to play at that time... You win.

You should check your wallgreen's for codes. I don't know about other stores, but the one in my area pulls the points codes off after they get the deposit and stacks them up next to the door for people to take.

bread's done
Back