[dead] No More Heroes 2 for $14.99 + FS

I own all three consoles, so there's nothing fanboyish about me saying the Wii is a distant third and there's a reason why there are all those paperweight and doorstop jokes about the Wii. The Wii has some great games -- namely the Nintendo exclusives -- but when it comes to cross-platform games, other than Tiger Woods Golf you'd rather play them on the PS3 or 360.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Hearing fan-boy (-girl?) nonsense like this from a moderator is pretty unsettling. :(
Wii has dozens of GREAT games.

Thanks for the info, OP. I'll be ordering a copy ASAP. :D[/QUOTE]

Her statement is accurate. It is not a fanboy's stance at all. The Wii is far inferior to both the XBox and PS3, both in term of specs as well as library. The Wii only has a handful of truly good games. I own all 3 systems and have tried them all extensively...although over time, the Wii gets played gradually less and less.

To everyone who thinks that Wii only has a "handful" of good games, that's your opinion - not a FACT. We all have different ideas of what constitutes a "good game". For some, it seems that not having HD visuals instantly makes a game "inferior". I hope I'm not the only one who can go back and enjoy classic 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit games without complaining about the graphics.

I only pressed the issue because I believe moderators should STOP fanboy rivalry in inappropriate situations (like in this deal thread!), rather than fan the fire. I have absolutely nothing personal against guinaevere! Until this incident, I thought he/she had been doing a wonderful job! Of course guinaevere is entitled to his/her opinion - we all are - but making blanket statements like "Wii has no good games" without anything to back it up is a bit childish, no?

On another note, just because my screen name is "Gameboy415" doesn't mean I only like Nintendo. Sure, I collect Nintendo games and consoles but I also bought a PS3 at launch and a Japanese 360. Hell, I'm playing Uncharted RIGHT NOW. All three consoles have great games, but for me 360 is a distant 3rd. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games so that cuts the supposed "huge library of amazing games" down quite a bit for me. In fact, I only have 11 XBOX 360 games as opposed to over 100 for Wii and just over 60 for PS3. Do I think XBOX 360 sucks? No, not at all - it has some fantastic exclusives. Do I go into XBOX 360 deal threads and say things like "XBOX only has crappy shooters! Buy a Wii/PS3!" Never.

I'm sorry if I come off as an a-hole, but I'm REALLY tired of hearing/seeing people bash the Wii.
We all like games, so stop worrying so much about what consoles others play on and just have fun!!

Wow. You have a hundred Wii games? There is bound to be, I'd say about, 75% worth of shovelware in there by my calculations. Lol and stating your opinion shouldn't offend anyone, including fanboys like yourself Gameboy.

[quote name='Gameboy415']To everyone who thinks that Wii only has a "handful" of good games, that's your opinion - not a FACT. We all have different ideas of what constitutes a "good game". For some, it seems that not having HD visuals instantly makes a game "inferior". I hope I'm not the only one who can go back and enjoy classic 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit games without complaining about the graphics.

I only pressed the issue because I believe moderators should STOP fanboy rivalry in inappropriate situations (like in this deal thread!), rather than fan the fire. I have absolutely nothing personal against guinaevere! Until this incident, I thought he/she had been doing a wonderful job! Of course guinaevere is entitled to his/her opinion - we all are - but making blanket statements like "Wii has no good games" without anything to back it up is a bit childish, no?

On another note, just because my screen name is "Gameboy415" doesn't mean I only like Nintendo. Sure, I collect Nintendo games and consoles but I also bought a PS3 at launch and a Japanese 360. Hell, I'm playing Uncharted RIGHT NOW. All three consoles have great games, but for me 360 is a distant 3rd. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games so that cuts the supposed "huge library of amazing games" down quite a bit for me. In fact, I only have 11 XBOX 360 games as opposed to over 100 for Wii and just over 60 for PS3. Do I think XBOX 360 sucks? No, not at all - it has some fantastic exclusives. Do I go into XBOX 360 deal threads and say things like "XBOX only has crappy shooters! Buy a Wii/PS3!" Never.

I'm sorry if I come off as an a-hole, but I'm REALLY tired of hearing/seeing people bash the Wii.
We all like games, so stop worrying so much about what consoles others play on and just have fun!![/QUOTE]

I hear ya. It gets annoying hearing the same thing over annd over again. I have close to 40 Wii games and they range from Awesome to solid games and I still haven't picked up some titles from late last year and this year.

People just assume it's only first party games that are good and the rest are trash, when really the Wii has more hidden gems than the 360/PS3 combined. The fact is, the majority of games released on 360/PS3 are big budget games(equivalent to summer movies) and theres nothing wrong with that. Look how awesome Batman:AA was and Uncharted 2, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, the list goes on and on. Amazing games for sure but no hidden gems like the PS2 era had.

Fortunately cause the Wii isn't HD and has a bigger install base, third parties are willing to take more risks and because of that the Wii has some underrated gems that unfortunately sold poorly. I.e: Muramasa, Little King Story, Silent Hill:SH, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Rune Factory Frontier, Klonoa, Dead Space Extraction, A Boy and his Blob and a few others.

The best you can do is not worry about what others say and just enjoy the games you have. Thats what I do :)

[quote name='gantt']I think mods on here are still entitled to express opinions.[/quote]Gad, I hope so. I have no shortage of opinions and I'm pretty vocal about them.

Anyway, I don't think you have to jump to defend the Wii. The market has spoken.
Of course he doesn't. Has anyone on CAG posted this article? Reading example #5:
Nintendo has been so successful that, according to BrandZ, the PS3 has a brand valuation of $426 million compared to the Wii's $10 billion and the Xbox 360's $4.6 billion.
The Wii has been insanely successful in it's marketing and in bringing in millions of customers.

As someone who has been inclined to agree with guinaevere and finally took the plunge, it's not about quantity. A dozen or so very good games (some with unique gameplay) are enough to justify the discounted price I paid for the console. And from what I can tell, this game is one of those.
It is. I have every system and have never limited myself by excluding one system or another from my gaming library. Some games are better ported on system X, some games are exclusive to system Y, et cetera. Nintendo has made some enjoyable games for the Wii, but unfortunately I can only think possibly seven or eight third party titles which have been either exclusive to the Wii but, not one that was better ported to the Wii.

I'm no fangirl or anti fangirl. I'm a gamer, I appreciate good and/or fun games to play and a superior gaming experience. I couldn't care less what system I turn on to play.

[quote name='Gameboy415']but making blanket statements like "Wii has no good games" without anything to back it up is a bit childish, no?
[/QUOTE]
It's a good thing I didn't make a blanket statement then.

[quote name='guinaevere']Just don't trade in a 360 or even a Triple for it if that's all you have. The good games (be they cheap or expensive) on the Wii are far and few between compared to the other two systems.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's only my opinion that the Wii doesn't have many good games. I was replying to musicjunkie, who made the comment that there are tons of cheap games for the wii. Which there are. But there aren't that many games as good as the No More Heroes franchise as there on other systems. (again, my opinion.)

I have nothing against Nintendo. Believe me, I wouldn't have nearly 200 ds games
ace attorney -phoenix wright
ace attorney -justice for all
ace attorney -trials and tribulations
ace attorney -apollo justice
ace attorney -miles edgeworth
advance wars -dual strike
advance wars -days of ruin
again
agatha christie -abc murders
age of empires
air traffic chaos
amazing adventures -forgotten ruins
animal crossing -wild world
atelier annie
avalon code
away shuffle dungeon
b-17 fortress in the sky
big bang mini
blades of thunder II
blue dragon -awakened shadow
blue dragon -plus
bomberman
bomberman land touch
brain age
broken sword shadow of the templars
castlevania -portrait of ruin
cate west -vanishing files
chessmaster
children of mana
chronicles of mystery -curse of ancient temple
chrono trigger
clubhouse games
commando steel disaster
contact
cooking mama
cradle of Rome
crime scene
csi -dark motives
dark spire
deep labyrinth
diddy kong racing
dokapon journey
dragon quest iv
dragon quest v
dream chronicles
drone tactics
dragon quest heroes -rocket slime
dungeon explorer -warriors of ambient arts
dynasty warriors ds
electroplankton
elite beat agents
escape the museum
etrian odyssey
etrian odyssey ii
ff iii
ff iv
ff xii -revenant wings
ff cc -rings of fates
ff cc -echoes of time
ff fables -chocobo tales
ff tactics a2 -grimoire of the rift
fire emblem -shadow dragon
flower sun & rain
game & watch collection
game & watch collection 2
glory of heracles
grand theft auto chinatown wars
gunpey ds
harvest moon ds
harvest moon ds - island of happiness
hello kitty -big city dreams
hello kitty -birthday adventures
hello kitty -daily
hello kitty -party
henry hatsworth
heroes of mana
hero's saga -laevatein tactics
hi! hamtaro -ham-ham challenge
hidden mysteries titanic
hoshigami running blue earth remix
hotel dusk
imagine detective
izuna
izuna 2
jagged alliance
jake hunter -detective chronicles
james patterson -womens murder club -crimes of passion
james patterson -daniel x -the ultimate power
jewel master egypt
jewel quest -mysteries
hardy boys -treasure on the tracks
kingdom hearts -358/2
kirby -canvas course
kirby -squeek squad
kirby- super star ultra
knights in the nightmare
kurupoto cool cool stars
labyrinth
legacy of ys I & II
legend of zelda -phantom hourglass
legend of zelda -spirit tracks
legendary starfy
let's get cooking 2 -america's test kitchen
little red riding hoods zombie bbq
locks quest
lost in blue
lost in blue 2
lunar dragon song
lunar knights
lux pain
magical starsign
mah jong quest expedition
mario kart ds
mario & luigi -bowser's inside story
mario & luigi -partners in time
mario party ds
mario vs donkey kong 2 march of the minis
master of illusion
master of the monster lair
mazes of fate
mechassault phantom war
meteos
metroid prime -hunters
metroid prime -pinball
miami law
miami nights singles in the city
moon
my world my way
mystery case files -millionheir
mystery p.i. -portrait of a thief
nancy drew -deadly secret olde world park
nancy drew - hidden staircase
nancy drew - clue bender society
ninja gaiden dragon sword
ninjatown
orcs & elves
picross ds
picross 3D
planet puzzle league
platinum sudoko
pokemon -dash
pokemon -trozei
pokemon -ranger
pokemon -diamond
pokemon -heart gold
pokemon -pearl
pokemon -platinum
pokemon -soul silver
professor layton -curious village
princess debut
puchi puchi virus
puzzle kingdoms
puzzle quest -challenge warlords
the quest trio
resident evil ds
robocalypse
rondo of swords
rune factory
rune factory 2
scribblenauts
scurge hive
secret files tungaska
settlers, the
shaun the sheep
shepherd's crossing 2 ds
sherlock holmes -mystery mummy
sim city creator
sim city ds
spectrobes -collectors edition
star trek -tactical assault
steal princess
sudoku ball detective
suikoden tierkreis
summon night twin age
super mario 64
tamagotchi connection
tank beat
tetris ds
theresia
time ace
time hollow
tokyo beat down
touch the dead
touch detective
touch detective -2 1/2
trace memory
trauma center -under the knife
trioncube
turn it around
ultimate mortal wombat
uno skip bo
unsolved crimes
wario -master of disguise
wario ware -touched
world ends with you
word jong
ys strategy
yoshi -touch n go
if I did. In my world, they rock the handheld. I simply don't recommend trading in a ps3 or 360 for the Wii. Because compared to the other two tabletop consoles, the Wii's library has tons of filler, but not as much for great games.

I truly was not making a fanboy/girl/whatever statement. I was offering advice. For those who have a Wii, they'd be silly to miss this game at this price. Let's get back on topic with the No More Heroes 2 being a great price.

decided to bite, was waiting til it was cheap...I liked the first one and hear this sequel was better, looking forward to trying it, thanks OP!

for those on the fence, get it. it is a great game in all respects. if u want to get everything, the minigames CAN get tedious (only way to make enough money to buy all the clothes). it took about 15hrs to unlock every outfit (not all the shirts, tho.) & finish the game on normal (mild). this game will not disappoint u (esp if u liked 1st one). i thought id hate it since the free roam aspect was taken out, but i didnt miss it. this game for the price of dlc = GET IT!

The first No More Hero's was a game that I got addicted to quite quickly, though never beat for some reason.

I really want to pick up the 2nd one, but don't know if I should wait until I beat the first one (if I beat the first one) to get it or just add another game to the backlog that grows increasingly longer and longer and now is littered with games that I know I will probably never get around to playing.

Heck, I still have PS2 games that I know I probably won't ever play, but I gots em.

[quote name='grrouchie']

Heck, I still have PS2 games that I know I probably won't ever play, but I gots em.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth:roll:. Yet I still don't want to get rid of them or sell them for pennies.

[quote name='ck76']Still waiting on that PS3 port to come over to North America...[/QUOTE]
Looks like this is happening next year, they announced that Konami was bringing it to the UK, so it should come here also.

[quote name='mitnosi']Looks like this is happening next year, they announced that Konami was bringing it to the UK, so it should come here also.[/QUOTE]

Wish they would port NMH 2 to PS3. I absolutely loved the first game but taking away full camera control ruined Desperate Struggle for me.

I feel stupid. I bought this game after seeing this thread... and I already have it!!!

Damn CAG impulse buys!!! :)

Anyone want to trade for an unopened copy? No money comes out of your pocket... well, except for shipping.

I've done that before since I buy games mainly to collect rather than play, so I don't remember everything I've accumulated previously. I now maintain a list to keep track of things...

[quote name='Scorch']Hearing this from a user that has a Nintendo system as a username is pretty unsurprising.

Her statement is correct. There's only a handful of games on the Wii worth owning. Maybe two dozen games. Maybe. This game is one of them.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was just a rule in general for video-game systems. The Playstation 2, notwithstanding.
The Wii's shovelware-to-worthwhile-game ratio is out of whack.

Re: No More Heroes 2
It is a damn good game. They got rid of the endless grinds before every boss fight (and substituted optional (& fun) 8-bit minigames), the population-less and pointless overworld, and streamlined the whole level selection. It is a unique experience and you will never experience anything like it as a whole.
For $15, it is a damn good deal.

bread's done
Back