Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanks goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

CURRENT SALES - Coupons valid 10/2-10/29
Assassin's Creed Revelations is on the current cover

:360::ps3: NHL12 - $50 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $30 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Deus Ex Human Revolution - $45 after $15 off coupon
:360: Tropico 4 - $40 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: ICO/SOTC OR GOW Origins Collection - $30 after $10 off coupon
:wii::ds: Just Dance Summer Party OR The Smurfs - $20 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT - $30 after $20 off coupon
iconbestbuy.gif
PPK Onyx Mercury - $60 after $20 off coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - you get the current months mag free just have them scan it when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow up to the Levittown NY Ball Busters . They had finally changed the price card on ICO to $24.99 ( still rang up at $39.99 ) . Go to the cashier . Now I have my two little kids with me . She tells me to go back and bring her the card showing the price . Im like ok hold on . Now weve been there for a bit with the cashier ( completely rude , like im taking the discount out of her pocket ! ) . She is reluctant to scan the coupon . Scans it and tells me no-dice . Not going to happen . Im like please get a manager here . I have a reciet from just yesterday buying the other game thats on sale with the coupon discounted . Manager comes over reads the back and says does not combine with sale prices . Understandable . I say to her why is it that the game goes on sale and voids the coupon ? She wondered that too . She gives the green light to over ride the sale . She says that from now on the stores will not honor the coupons . Was happy that she came and helped out . Totally ridiculous to go through this every month .

[quote name='Kagami']So I would have to pay $5 for a magazine, which would make ICO/SOTC cost $20? How do I get around that?[/QUOTE]buy the sub that way you get the 1st issue free in-store now & don't have to keep on doing everytime you want to use a coupon.

[quote name='Kagami']And from reading through the thread, I see that using the book and the sale price doesn't really work for most people.

Should I just buy it for 24.99?[/QUOTE]The issue should be over at this point, the game should be scanning up as $25 in-store & there should also be shelf stickers it too.

I got a copy of ICO today for $15. I tried to sneak a copy of God of War in at $15 as well, but they wouldn't use the coupon twice. I'm going to go back tomorrow to see if I can get GoW for $15. If not, I'll just rent the game. I already played one of the two games on the disc.

[quote name='Hoffer']I got a copy of ICO today for $15. I tried to sneak a copy of God of War in at $15 as well, but they wouldn't use the coupon twice. I'm going to go back tomorrow to see if I can get GoW for $15. If not, I'll just rent the game. I already played one of the two games on the disc.[/QUOTE]

I finished Chains Of Olympus yesterday. It was a blast. I'm going to get all of the trophies before I play Ghost Of Sparta. Definitely worth it!

[quote name='strait edge follower']I still don't understand why they wouldn't use frank west for the original dead rising 2. That's what people wanted originally anyway. Of course milkcom is doing what they do best with this release.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this impulse. Frank and Chuck are practically the same character.

tried to get in on this again mainly for two copies of Origins (one for my PS3 backlog).

went to one BB picked up Ico and other game and looked for Gow Origins.
this store had the smallest PS3 section I've ever seen.

a "gaming supervisor" (as per the blue shirt) walked by and asked if I was looking for something. he spends like a minute looking over the area (I already did) and decides to check in the back. 10 minutes or so later he comes back with 2 copies that aren't in the protective cases (all the other games are). I take a mag for the coupon since I still haven't received my first. I also needed a PM for another game so he did that first but had to call someone over to do an override (not sure of the reason for "supervisor" title then). afterwards I tell him about the coupon and he says it's fine after checking my Unlocked receipt. he tells me the coupon only works on one of the games not both...so I just end up getting my PM and Origins.

I try another BB to see if I can score another Ico and Origins. No Ico to be seen despite seeing dozens (okay maybe 20) of copies being stocked last Friday. I grab the second to last copy of Origins on the shelf and a mag. I'm waiting on line for a few minutes. apparently some kid traded some games in then the other guy in front of me pre-ordered Batman. the guy behind me also was going to pre-order batman and kept asking if Joker came with it after a rep told him BB gets Robin. I had to explain to him that GS was getting Joker maps (didn't bother to mention that these pre-order exclusives were just exclusive pre-orders - not exclusive dlc since Robin will be released later).

I give my story and show my receipt. the guy seems confused and takes my receipt to someone (didn't see where he went). he comes back and says he was told they can't give the mag away and that I would have to buy it and return it when my mag comes in. seriously wtf. I doubt they would allow me to return a mag. I ask can't he just scan the coupon; the coupon is reusable anyway. he says no (or was told). he asks again if I want the mag and I say no. He asks if I want the game and I say no and leave.

these NYC BB have such terrible employees for the most part, especially in gaming... actually most of the people in retail I've dealt with are pretty bad :bomb:

[quote name='RollingSkull']I don't understand this impulse. Frank and Chuck are practically the same character.[/QUOTE]

Frank looks more professional lol oh and he has a camera :)

[quote name='RollingSkull']I don't understand this impulse. Frank and Chuck are practically the same character.[/QUOTE]

Chuck hasn't covered wars.

By the way, not sure if this was an isolated incident but the guy today totally gave me a hard time about stacking the coupon on top of the sale. I just said "uhhh can you just hit total and see if it'll go through."

I knew it was fixed already so I wasn't sure if he was just being dumb or somehow his register was offline. headscratcher.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']
a "gaming supervisor" (as per the blue shirt) walked by and asked if I was looking for something. he spends like a minute looking over the area (I already did) and decides to check in the back. 10 minutes or so later he comes back with 2 copies that aren't in the protective cases (all the other games are). I take a mag for the coupon since I still haven't received my first. I also needed a PM for another game so he did that first but had to call someone over to do an override (not sure of the reason for "supervisor" title then). afterwards I tell him about the coupon and he says it's fine after checking my Unlocked receipt. he tells me the coupon only works on one of the games not both...so I just end up getting my PM and Origins.
[/QUOTE]

I can answer this part directly. Best Buy, in the past, always have authority for sups and managers to do overrides. The exception is that if they are the one doing the transaction, they cannot override it. They are only authorized to overrides transactions by anyone but themself. This is to prevent abuse and fraud.

When should I expect to see the new @Gamer magazine?
On Sep. 12 (the day it started, anyway) I signed up for the Unlocked business. I was trading in some games that day, any ended up with +60% with a Gears of War 3 pre-order.

The day Ico/Shadow came out, I went to the same store, returning 1 game. It took them some time to find me in their system. But I was in there.
By the time they found me, someone else came along to trade in games and an employee signed him up for the @Gamer magazine and gave him a copy of the magazine.
When I signed up for it, I wasn't given the magazine and told it would come in the mail. Tell the employees this, they gave me a copy to keep (Battlefield 3 vs MW3 cover).

At this point, I'm guessing whoever signed me up for it, screwed things up.
When I look up my RewardZone account on their site, I see no mention of Unlocked @Gamer. But I have receipts with that number saying I bought the Unlocked thing, and used it while trading in/buying games.

It's mid-October, and still haven't seen the new issue in the mail yet.
Should I take my receipts down to BB and have Customer Service straighten this out for me, or is there something I can do to correct this on their website?
Thanks for reading and any help you can give me.

Until your mag comes, just take down the receipt that shows you bought Unlocked and hope they give you a mag from the store.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Is anyone having problems checking order status at BestBuy.com?

I also can't seem to log into my Reward Zone.[/QUOTE]

I was, but it's working fine now. For an hour or so, I had the horrible feeling that they terminated my account. LOL.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']When should I expect to see the new @Gamer magazine?
On Sep. 12 (the day it started, anyway) I signed up for the Unlocked business. I was trading in some games that day, any ended up with +60% with a Gears of War 3 pre-order.

The day Ico/Shadow came out, I went to the same store, returning 1 game. It took them some time to find me in their system. But I was in there.
By the time they found me, someone else came along to trade in games and an employee signed him up for the @Gamer magazine and gave him a copy of the magazine.
When I signed up for it, I wasn't given the magazine and told it would come in the mail. Tell the employees this, they gave me a copy to keep (Battlefield 3 vs MW3 cover).

At this point, I'm guessing whoever signed me up for it, screwed things up.
When I look up my RewardZone account on their site, I see no mention of Unlocked @Gamer. But I have receipts with that number saying I bought the Unlocked thing, and used it while trading in/buying games.

It's mid-October, and still haven't seen the new issue in the mail yet.
Should I take my receipts down to BB and have Customer Service straighten this out for me, or is there something I can do to correct this on their website?
Thanks for reading and any help you can give me.[/QUOTE]
I signed up around the same time and didn't get it. From what I have heard, normally you miss the next issue.

When the Ico deal started working, I just went in and told the guy that they didn't send me the issue and told him I signed up the month prior. He verified that I was unlocked. After he talked with the manager, they just gave me the magazine and used the coupon.

Tried again at the Best Buy in Levittown (NY) and it was a no go again. I figured I'll wait a little before trying again since Monday. Yesterday I stopped over there. A sales associate asked if I needed any help and I told him I was looking for God of War Origins. He checked on the computer and informed me they were sold out. I asked if he could by any chance see what the price ICO would ring up. He checked the inventory program and it said 24.99. I brought a copy of ICO up to the front cashiers and handed them the game and coupon. When he scanned the game, it rang up 39.99. I then told him it should have rang up as 24.99. He called the manager; manager came by and gave me a lecture on how and why this coupon wouldn't work. I told him if it rang up as 24.99 like it should have then it'll work. He said no and insisted it was an online only price. I told him to check the inventory price on his computer. He said sure and logged into it. To his surprise it showed the price of 24.99 but he still refused to help. I walked out and went to Westbury. Worked like a charm. The game was scanned for 24.99, handed the coupon, 10 bucks was taken off and then used my RWZ certificates to bring it down to 5.42. Lesson learned, stay away from Levittown. That store needs to learn how to be more understanding. A simple phone call to another store wouldn't have killed.

I'm surprised people are having trouble with various stores. I would PM Mike from the Best Buy forums. He sent an email to my store and it tang up like a charm. I hope they have this issue fixed for the upcoming sales.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Is anyone having problems checking order status at BestBuy.com?

I also can't seem to log into my Reward Zone.[/QUOTE]

It won't let me sign on either. When I put in my email address and password it acts like I put in the wrong password (I tried multiple times).

I just signed up for the magazine subscription to get $10 off God of War Origins. Apparently you can't pick up something purchased online via gift card and apply the coupon the same day (and the coupon can't be applied to online purchases) so I had to go to Best Buy two separate times.

The remaining coupons are all unused. Do folks have any suggestions? Either a place to give and/or sell them?

[quote name='dkl415']I just signed up for the magazine subscription to get $10 off God of War Origins. Apparently you can't pick up something purchased online via gift card and apply the coupon the same day (and the coupon can't be applied to online purchases) so I had to go to Best Buy two separate times.

The remaining coupons are all unused. Do folks have any suggestions? Either a place to give and/or sell them?[/QUOTE]

Most of the time 1 coupon is good for flipping. GoW/Ico was a good flip for a couple of days.

So hold hope that DR2:OTR will be a good flip.

If bot post them in the trading forums here. They'll sell for a couple bucks each.

I ended up going and picking up GoW as well. I didn't bother trying to get a second $10 off. I used the coupon yesterday on Ico.

I beat the first 2 Colossi in SotC last night. I thought I had played some of the game in the past, but I realize now I haven't. Those controls really drove me nuts. I also hated how the camera always rotates to behind the character. First thing I had to do was invert the camera controls as well. I'm not sure I'll finish this game, but I only paid $15 for it. :)

I played Chains of Olympus on PSP. I was thinking I wouldn't replay it on PS3, but I might as well. Get my money's worth.

[quote name='Enuf']This thing is so clear that the coupons should be stacking "with sale prices" it's not even funny. There's no way around it the wording is exact & precise plus it tells the employee to inform the customers that they stack for extra savings.#-o[/QUOTE]
You must live in an alternate reality with all of the positive experiences you've had with BBY. BBY employees are a bunch of dildos who don't know what in the flying fuck they are doing. The fact that their forums are filled with a bunch of threads of how to correctly apply their own policies is laughable. I hate all of their stores and 99.99999% of the workers are ignorant assholes.

[quote name='Hoffer']I ended up going and picking up GoW as well. I didn't bother trying to get a second $10 off. I used the coupon yesterday on Ico.

I beat the first 2 Colossi in SotC last night. I thought I had played some of the game in the past, but I realize now I haven't. Those controls really drove me nuts. I also hated how the camera always rotates to behind the character. First thing I had to do was invert the camera controls as well. I'm not sure I'll finish this game, but I only paid $15 for it. :)

I played Chains of Olympus on PSP. I was thinking I wouldn't replay it on PS3, but I might as well. Get my money's worth.[/QUOTE]
Force yourself to finish SotC. Unlike ico, the ending to SotC wasn't spoiled for me ahead of time. I shat bricks and was filled with the kind of emotions you only get when confronted w/ an artistic masterpiece.

As for GoW, I tried playing Chains at first but didn't really like it so I moved on to Sparta. I'm completely blown away by the graphics, gameplay, and story of Sparta. So far, I love it as much as GoW 3.

how long is ico/sotc colection going to be selling for 24.99? they sold out at my local best buy and im getting conflicting reports on when they will get new ones in. im at the point where id rather at least get it at 24.99 online than hope they get more in store before the price goes up.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']You must live in an alternate reality with all of the positive experiences you've had with BBY. BBY employees are a bunch of dildos who don't know what in the flying fuck they are doing. The fact that their forums are filled with a bunch of threads of how to correctly apply their own policies is laughable. I hate all of their stores and 99.99999% of the workers are ignorant assholes.[/QUOTE]this is the exact text from the 6/1 memo;

@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!

[quote name='lokizz']how long is ico/sotc colection going to be selling for 24.99? they sold out at my local best buy and im getting conflicting reports on when they will get new ones in. im at the point where id rather at least get it at 24.99 online than hope they get more in store before the price goes up.[/QUOTE]the shelf tag stickers said 10/15 this was confirmed by several other CAG's as well. I believe GOW:O was added to help resolve the stacking issue TBH.

thanks for the info i went ahead and got it online since theres no telling when itll be back in stores here. some discount is better than no discount.

Not to belabor this, but I can confirm that the coupon worked without override or objection at the BB in Marysville, Ohio on Ico/SotC. They had several (i.e. more than 10) left. Great deal. As always, thanks to the OP and those who worked to get this deal "right."

I called the 800 678 3643 for the @gamer help line and confirmed that my subscription started mid Oct. I signed up the day the program went live, so they took some time to get my info for the sub turned in. Confirmed that because of the sub date, I would not be getting this month's mag. I will be going in and talking to the gaming supervisor to see what options I have (free mag, use their coupons, etc).

[quote name='nakanenui']I called the 800 678 3643 for the @gamer help line and confirmed that my subscription started mid Oct. I signed up the day the program went live, so they took some time to get my info for the sub turned in. Confirmed that because of the sub date, I would not be getting this month's mag. I will be going in and talking to the gaming supervisor to see what options I have (free mag, use their coupons, etc).[/QUOTE]
I signed up on 9/12 and @Gamer CS told me they didn't receive my info until 10/11. Said my first issue would be 4 - 6 weeks from 10/11.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']So Ico/SotC ends on 10/15; when does GoW sale end? Also, is the GoW sale still online only or is it in store as well now?[/QUOTE]

In store now also. Both signs said 10/15 at my local store

Finally got in on this. Employee didn't think coupon would stack but did no problem. $52 for unlocked, Ico, GOW collection, and a second magazine. He wouldn't scan coupon twice and he laughed when I said I would just buy a second magazine since it would still save me $5.

I bought GoW:O for $15. When I was ringing up the gaming cashier mentioned the stacking problem and said he hoped it would work and it did. On the way out to the car decided to get Ico/SotC so I went back in. He told me he wasn't suppose to, but scanned the coupon again anyways.

Can't wait to dig into them after the weekend. Too bad it's too late to tell my girlfriend I can't come over this weekend.

Snagged 4 awesome titles for $30 and to make it even sweeter they all support 3D. Plus I still have about $80 in credit from the big trade-in I did. Overall a very successful trip to Best Buy.

Ido collection is two completely different game s. Gow is just like the previous 3 games. Good, just more of the same[quote name='GoVols']Which game is better? Ico or GOW???[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rockettorussia']seriously why hasnt my magazine got here yet? anyone else having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm still waiting for my magazine to get here as well. Fortunately for me nothing I want has gone on sale, but still disappointed.

[quote name='rockettorussia']seriously why hasnt my magazine got here yet? anyone else having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

Am in the same boat as you. I still haven't receive the magazine yet. I'll see if I can get a free copy in store on Tuesday.

This magazine is like the opposite of how normal magazines work. Usually I will get an october issue in early september, but @gamer seems to be on a different schedule (a 4 week later schedule...)

[quote name='bnizzle']This magazine is like the opposite of how normal magazines work. Usually I will get an october issue in early september, but @gamer seems to be on a different schedule (a 4 week later schedule...)[/QUOTE]

My magazine better get here this week or BBY is going to have one very upset customer in their store :whistle2:#

The store isn't in charge of subscriptions. So raising hell in there is not going to get you anywhere. Call the 800 number instead, they well most likely tack on some extra months as an apology[quote name='rey6eric']My magazine better get here this week or BBY is going to have one very upset customer in their store :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rey6eric']My magazine better get here this week or BBY is going to have one very upset customer in their store :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Have you called @gamer CS (1-800-678-3643) to see when they received your subscription info from BB? I signed up on 9/12, but @gamer said they didn't get my info until 10/11.

I didn't get mine. I went in-store, explained my situation about not receiving it yet in order to secure a magazine. You might try that. Note being that we are midmonth I doubt anyone will get the magazine via mail until next issue.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']You must live in an alternate reality with all of the positive experiences you've had with BBY. BBY employees are a bunch of dildos who don't know what in the flying fuck they are doing. The fact that their forums are filled with a bunch of threads of how to correctly apply their own policies is laughable. I hate all of their stores and 99.99999% of the workers are ignorant assholes.[/QUOTE]

Your post couldn't have been more right and you posted exactly the way I feel about the company. It's a joke when they can't even get the coupons from " the official games magazine of Best Buy" to work properly. It took them almost a week to straighten out their GoW/Ico coupon mess. I am sure a lot of people, like myself, who were denied the coupon just bought the game anyways. It should have either worked automatically or the manager should have manually taken it off. Instead you get them saying that they can't even match their own site AND use the coupon, or they couldn't use it at all in the case of Ico/SotC because it's on sale. I'm not going to waste more time and gas again to drive out to the store just to try again to use a coupon that should have worked in the first place. Hell for all I know I'd get there and they'd tell me it still couldn't be used even though it's supposedly fixed.

So a week after I buy it a mod from their forums tells me it should be fixed now because he called my store. What fucking good does it do me now?

Very good point. I've had to do this the past two months. Though it is only a temporary solution[quote name='lordopus99']I didn't get mine. I went in-store, explained my situation about not receiving it yet in order to secure a magazine. You might try that. Note being that we are midmonth I doubt anyone will get the magazine via mail until next issue.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Glasscocked']Your post couldn't have been more right and you posted exactly the way I feel about the company. It's a joke when they can't even get the coupons from " the official games magazine of Best Buy" to work properly. It took them almost a week to straighten out their GoW/Ico coupon mess. I am sure a lot of people, like myself, who were denied the coupon just bought the game anyways. It should have either worked automatically or the manager should have manually taken it off. Instead you get them saying that they can't even match their own site AND use the coupon, or they couldn't use it at all in the case of Ico/SotC because it's on sale. I'm not going to waste more time and gas again to drive out to the store just to try again to use a coupon that should have worked in the first place. Hell for all I know I'd get there and they'd tell me it still couldn't be used even though it's supposedly fixed.

So a week after I buy it a mod from their forums tells me it should be fixed now because he called my store. What fucking good does it do me now?[/QUOTE]
You can go to the store and get a refund of 10 dollars.

[quote name='Glasscocked'] It should have either worked automatically or the manager should have manually taken it off. Instead you get them saying that they can't even match their own site AND use the coupon, or they couldn't use it at all in the case of Ico/SotC because it's on sale. [/QUOTE]

I agree with your whole post. I just wanted to point out to others, to make sure that it's widely known, that you can't PM the website AND use the coupon per their policy. Again managers can override this policy, as you have already heard success stories, but aren't supposed to. YMMV at best.

I am not sure if you meant you should be able to in your post or if you meant something else. Or if you are just frustrated because you aren't able to do that.

Today I wen to the RZ website and tried to "Report Missing Points" only to be given the following error:

"You have exceeded the number of missing transactions you can report online"

I didn't even know that was possible... It's not my fault the cashier is completely incompetent and didn't ask me for my RZ card.:roll:

bread's done
Back