Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanks goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

CURRENT SALES - Coupons valid 10/2-10/29
Assassin's Creed Revelations is on the current cover

:360::ps3: NHL12 - $50 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $30 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Deus Ex Human Revolution - $45 after $15 off coupon
:360: Tropico 4 - $40 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: ICO/SOTC OR GOW Origins Collection - $30 after $10 off coupon
:wii::ds: Just Dance Summer Party OR The Smurfs - $20 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT - $30 after $20 off coupon
iconbestbuy.gif
PPK Onyx Mercury - $60 after $20 off coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - you get the current months mag free just have them scan it when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see if this Best Buy rep contacts the dumbasses at my local Best Buy to make them honor their coupon. If they do so, i'll also buy GOW Origins for $15.

[quote name='boneless']Are you talking about Ico only or the GOW origins and other packs also?[/QUOTE]ICO for sure I only saw the signs for GOW:O in 1 store & thought it would be in all/most too boy was I wrong.

[quote name='biggie2123']I did tell him if I call the 888 number and he said they are not his boss and that he could do what he wants and that he was not going to adjust the price further.[/QUOTE]

Don't threaten, just do it. Step off to the side speak to Customer service about a inshore issue. Meant ion the internal memo and go from there. If he knows about the memo and just chooses not to follow it then he is in the wrong and it needs to be corrected

[quote name='biggie2123']I did tell him if I call the 888 number and he said they are not his boss and that he could do what he wants and that he was not going to adjust the price further.[/QUOTE]

Don't threaten, just do it. Step off to the side speak to Customer service about a inshore issue. Meant ion the internal memo and go from there. If he knows about the memo and just chooses not to follow it then he is in the wrong and it needs to be corrected

[quote name='Enuf']I was in 5 stores 3 ICO/SOTC did scan as $24.99 2 didn't on the same day. I did get the $25 pm for both & I'll either force a pm later for the other $20 or $20 back in RZ certs.

As for the memo,
I requested it posted on the forums page link or a stickied thread but was shot down as "it's an internal document" for their eyes only not professional & everybody SHOULD KNOW BY NOW well obviously NOT right. So post #336 I'm trying to get it another way and post it myself that way people can just print it out & keep it for their "fights" that shouldn't even be happening.

Give me sometime(2 days) b/c although I work fast I can't expect the person(s) to help just on the spot you know they kinda would be doin me/us/CAG a HUGE favor.[/QUOTE]

Since it's a internal memo would that be a negative blow for CAG in the eyes of BBY corporite? If Kyle is trying to get that to work then I would hate to see it take a step backwards

Posting an internal corporate memo (or any other document) would not be a good idea, for several reasons. Don't pursue it or it will damage what we're trying to do.

Don't know if anyone has tried yet today, but my store just got ico in stock so I'm going to be heading over there in about 45 minutes to see if the coupon works. I'll report back on what happens.

[quote name='bgame2']Don't know if anyone has tried yet today, but my store just got ico in stock so I'm going to be heading over there in about 45 minutes to see if the coupon works. I'll report back on what happens.[/QUOTE]

I'll be heading out to mine at 3:00 EST -- but can you check to see if GoW rings up as on sale yet also? Thanks.

The coupon worked perfectly fine on Ico for my yesterday (The game rang up as 24.99 with no issues).

Though, God of War still came up as 39.99, and they refused to PM/Use the coupon on it

[quote name='dgwillia006']The coupon worked perfectly fine on Ico for my yesterday (The game rang up as 24.99 with no issues).

Though, God of War still came up as 39.99, and they refused to PM/Use the coupon on it[/QUOTE]

When did you go in out of curiosity? They seem to be correcting shit on the fly lately so people that went in the morning miss out and the evening worked (Same thing happened with Driver I believe)

Last night not too long before closing, either way, i had to go to three different registers for Ico for some reason. (The first guy flat out refused to scan the coupon, second lady couldnt figure it out, and customer service desk made it work instantly)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Last night not too long before closing, either way, i had to go to three different registers for Ico for some reason. (The first guy flat out refused to scan the coupon, second lady couldnt figure it out, and customer service desk made it work instantly)[/QUOTE]

Hot damn, then maybe they fixed it again. Now the bitterness can go away since its working.

Just picked up ICO/SOTC. Rang up $24.99 and coupon worked without override. 4 for 4 on using @Gamer coupons on sale items without any issues. (Taylor, Mi store)

Just tried two different stores in Maryland and both refused the coupon. ICO rang up at 24.99 and would not honor the coupon.

GoW Origins rang up at $39.99. I asked about the online deal and they gladly knocked it down to $24.99, I then subscribed to the Gamer magazine on the spot and used the coupon to get another $10 off. (I figure there's no way NOT to get at least $15 worth of coupons I'd use over the next year). I also used the $5 off coupon for Lion King on Blu-Ray. So, $45 for Lion King Blu-Ray combo pack, God of War Origins collection, and a year of Gamer magazine.

Well, I got the cashier to use the Ico coupon, but she said she couldn't sign me up for the magazine subscription. So I bought the $5 magazine and got the $10 off Ico. Good enough deal for me!

[quote name='joshnorm']

Since it's a internal memo would that be a negative blow for CAG in the eyes of BBY corporite? If Kyle is trying to get that to work then I would hate to see it take a step backwards[/QUOTE]

Agreed with this. I think we have enough fuel without the memo being printed on CAG. Let's keep the relationship healthy and hopefully BB will work with the forums in the future.

still waiting for my mag and will check stores again and beg for one for the coupon.

what are the limits for @Gamer coupons (multiple copies etc)? for example this $10 off ICo/SotC or GOW Origins... is it the "logical OR" or "either or...not both OR"

$10 off coupon is still not working in the Best Buy system. Rolled into my local BB at about 12:15 CST. No dice on getting the $10 off coupon to work with the ICO/SOTC pack. Coupon took off 0.00. Floor supervisor came over and shot down the option of a manual override. This is so frustrating. Manager wasn't there at the time, so I'll have to go back later and talk with her.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']still waiting for my mag and will check stores again and beg for one for the coupon.

what are the limits for @Gamer coupons (multiple copies etc)? for example this $10 off ICo/SotC or GOW Origins... is it the "logical OR" or "either or...not both OR"[/QUOTE]

The technical policy that was posted by bb mods for the brink/hunted coupon was that it was 1 or the other, not both. But if it is a coupon that rings up properly (works by scanning at register) it's not too hard to talk the cashier to just scan it 2ce. Majority of the time they just want to get you out of their face as fast as possible.

[quote name='midloo'][quote name='joshnorm']Since it's a internal memo would that be a negative blow for CAG in the eyes of BBY corporite? If Kyle is trying to get that to work then I would hate to see it take a step backwards[/QUOTE]

Agreed with this. I think we have enough fuel without the memo being printed on CAG. Let's keep the relationship healthy and hopefully BB will work with the forums in the future.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this as well. Posting an internal corporate memo (or any other document) on a public website would not be a good idea, for several reasons. Enuf, PLEASE DO NOT pursue it as it will damage what we're trying to do.

[quote name='nuuuuj']I agree with this as well. Posting an internal corporate memo (or any other document) on a public website would not be a good idea, for several reasons. Enuf, PLEASE DO NOT pursue it or it will damage what we're trying to do.[/QUOTE]

Well I would have to disagree. Most stories I've heard have the manager denying the existence of this memo or saying they never heard of it. Would be nice to show them, otherwise you just look like you are making sh!t up on the fly.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well I would have to disagree. Most stories I've heard have the manager denying the existence of this memo or saying they never heard of it. Would be nice to show them, otherwise you just look like you are making sh!t up on the fly.[/QUOTE]

It may seem like a good idea in the short term for all of our in-store battles. But you have to look at it from the other perspective. First and foremost, it might be considered a breach of security and CAG (the whole website) could suffer the consquences. Second, if we're trying to foster a relationship with the BB forum reps (and even invite one of the BB reps to join CAG) and then we do this, think about how they/corporate would react. Third, think about the reactions that some people will get when they show an internal memo to their store's manager. If I were said manager, I would be asking how the fuck you got the memo, and then throw you out of my store. The list goes on and on.

If you're having problems, use the BB forums and try to build the relationship, not burn it to the ground.

[quote name='nuuuuj']It may seem like a good idea in the short term for all of our in-store battles. But you have to look at it from the other perspective. First and foremost, it might be considered a breach of security and CAG (the whole website) could suffer the consquences. Second, if we're trying to foster a relationship with the forums (and even invite one of the BB reps to join) and then we do this, think about how corporate would react. Third, think about the reactions that some people will get when they show an internal memo to their store manager. If I were the manager, I would be asking how the fuck you got the memo, and then throw you out of the store. The list goes on and on.

If you're having problems, use the BB forums and try to build the relationship, not burn it to the ground.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is going to throw you out of the store for showing a memo on store policy. That's ridiculous. When a company is shutting you down, then you need something to prove your case. Saying " I heard you guys got a memo" holds next to no weight in the matter. It's a fricken' memo on game coupons, not the U.S. missile defense launch codes, so don't try to overblow it. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well I would have to disagree. Most stories I've heard have the manager denying the existence of this memo or saying they never heard of it. Would be nice to show them, otherwise you just look like you are making sh!t up on the fly.[/QUOTE]

I would say bad to post the memo.

But would help is exact directions, simplified so even a trained monkey ( not a farshot from some of the employees), on how to "help" the employee look up the memo. Using the least amount of effort on their end.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I would say bad to post the memo.

But would help is exact directions, simplified so even a trained monkey ( not a farshot from some of the employees), on how to "help" the employee look up the memo. Using the least amount of effort on their end.[/QUOTE]

Well a lot of good that will do you if the manager says there was no memo and shuts you down cold, which is what is happening in most instances. Or they just say if that's the case the system would deduct it off the sale price, which it isn't doing. I would imagine a lot of managers would take offense to you trying to tell them where to look for a memo or what to look for when you are just a customer with no knowledge of their system or business procedures. That would look like you are coming off more informed about "their" business than the manager, which in most instances isn't going to get you very far.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Nobody is going to throw you out of the store for showing a memo on store policy. That's ridiculous. When a company is shutting you down, then you need something to prove your case. Saying " I heard you guys got a memo" holds next to no weight in the matter. It's a fricken' memo on game coupons, not the U.S. missile defense launch codes, so don't try to overblow it. lol[/QUOTE]

You're trying to apply common sense. But based on everything you've read in this thread about all the different reactions that store managers have had, do you honestly believe they won't overreact?

Regardless, that's the least of the problems that posting the memo might cause, its the corporate and BBY forum reps reaction that could be much more damaging.

Lastly, I wonder how CheapyD would feel knowing that members of his website are posting internal corporate documents. Good luck with that one.

It's all moot anyways, because nobody has the actual memo. We're debating based on something we "heard" and really don't know what the supposed memo actually states. Kind of hard to argue something based off something we really don't know the details on, but that's what we're doing.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well a lot of good that will do you if the manager says there was no memo and shuts you down cold, which is what is happening in most instances. Or they just say if that's the case the system would deduct it off the sale price, which it isn't doing. I would imagine a lot of managers would take offense to you trying to tell them where to look for a memo or what to look for when you are just a customer with no knowledge of their system or business procedures. That would look like you are coming off more informed about "their" business than the manager, which in most instances isn't going to get you very far.[/QUOTE]

You have to realize that you going in with a printed memo would hold no weight either to that type of manager.

Responses would vary from that being a fake memo to explaining how you got an internal memo pissing off the manager even more.

If they are going to deny you one way they are going to find another way to deny you.

Right now we have a very small group of people trying to help fix this (the BBY forum people). Pissing off the 1 set of people that are trying to help you by posting something ,that they have already said should not be posted, is a bad idea.

Cause if not for the forum people I don't think that we would have made the small headway we have. I would rather keep in their good graces

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Posting internal documents would breach employee policy, and could potentially be grounds for termination.[/QUOTE]

Well if something appears on the internet, nobody really would know where it came from. It's not like a BB employee would say "hey, here's the memo....and my name is Joe Blow and my Best Buy employee number is xxxxxx." lol

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You have to realize that you going in with a printed memo would hold no weight either to that type of manager.

Responses would vary from that being a fake memo to explaining how you got an internal memo pissing off the manager even more.

If they are going to deny you one way they are going to find another way to deny you.

Right now we have a very small group of people trying to help fix this (the BBY forum people). Pissing off the 1 set of people that are trying to help you by posting something ,that they have already said should not be posted, is a bad idea.

Cause if not for the forum people I don't think that we would have made the small headway we have. I would rather keep in their good graces[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. If anything, if the manager was in the dark on the matter it would show them something tangible to support your case and maybe have them actually research the issue. Most managers just blow you off, because you don't have a leg to stand on....like a one-legged man in an @ss kicking contest.

I'm thinking that their policy may have actually reverted back to the coupon not stacking. Seems like this issue cropped back up as soon as the new Gamer Unlocked program came to pass. That's when the rewards points system changed (for the worse) and coupons started not working on sale items. I used the @gamer coupons prior to this in late July and August and the system automatically took the discount off. Would make since that if the system is no longer deducting the coupon amount off the sale price, that this is obviously by design.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Posting internal documents would breach employee policy, and could potentially be grounds for termination.[/QUOTE]

I can see it now, CAGiLeaks

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I'm thinking that their policy may have actually reverted back to the coupon not stacking. Seems like this issue cropped back up as soon as the new Gamer Unlocked program came to pass. That's when the rewards points system changed (for the worse) and coupons started not working on sale items. I used the @gamer coupons prior to this in late July and August and the system automatically took the discount off. Would make since that if the system is no longer deducting the coupon amount off the sale price, that this is obviously by design.[/QUOTE]
Where are you getting that considering that for both the driver and Ico sales BBY reps have said they should stack. Confirming policy hasn't changed. The people posting this are in contact with the head of the Gaming Club, so it's likely that these are the people that will have first hand info.

If you are saying that maybe some complIcations arose because of that then it's a definite possibilty

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I'm thinking that their policy may have actually reverted back to the coupon not stacking. Seems like this issue cropped back up as soon as the new Gamer Unlocked program came to pass. That's when the rewards points system changed (for the worse) and coupons started not working on sale items. I used the @gamer coupons prior to this in late July and August and the system automatically took the discount off. Would make since that if the system is no longer deducting the coupon amount off the sale price, that this is obviously by design.[/QUOTE]
The only exception is the Driver:SF coupon from the last issue that worked (1 day after the sale) on the $39.99 sale price. This was after Unlocked went live on 9/12. So either it did change and they made an exception (fixed in POS) for Driver or there is still a "glitch". If so, then why not fix it for these 2 game like they did Driver? Maybe they figure $15 is just too low.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Where are you getting that considering that for both the driver and Ico sales BBY reps have said they should stack. Confirming policy hasn't changed. The people posting this are in contact with the head of the Gaming Club, so it's likely that these are the people that will have first hand info.

If you are saying that maybe some complIcations arose because of that then it's a definite possibilty[/QUOTE]

I'm saying these coupons worked previously, with the discount taken off automatically in their system. Now that's not the case. Sounds to me like something changed, obviously. I'm glad a BB forum mod is looking into this, but who's to say he has any pull on this matter? I've already read where people referred store managers to the BB forum, where the new forum mod Mike pointed out the coupon should work on sale items, but the managers don't give a rip about that. They don't get their marching orders from a new forum mod who "says" this is how it should be and the system is wrong.

I certainly hope it does get resolved, but it needs to be resolved in the Best Buy computer system, not by trying to convince each individual store manager that they should manually override the system for this coupon every time the scenario arises.

[quote name='klimb22']The only exception is the Driver:SF coupon from the last issue that worked (1 day after the sale) on the $39.99 sale price. This was after Unlocked went live on 9/12. So either it did change and they made an exception (fixed in POS) for Driver or there is still a "glitch". If so, then why not fix it for these 2 game like they did Driver? Maybe they figure $15 is just too low.[/QUOTE]

Well I believe that Driver:SF was an advertised sale (in their weekly sale ad)...might be wrong on that. I know that the ICO/SOTC pack isn't an advertised sale, so that might possibly be what the hang up is to getting the coupon to stack. For some reason the God of War Collection never did change to reflect the sale price in-store. It's just a big mess by best Buy.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']$10 off coupon is still not working in the Best Buy system. Rolled into my local BB at about 12:15 CST. No dice on getting the $10 off coupon to work with the ICO/SOTC pack. Coupon took off 0.00. Floor supervisor came over and shot down the option of a manual override. This is so frustrating. Manager wasn't there at the time, so I'll have to go back later and talk with her.[/QUOTE]

I got shot down also. But I asked them to talk to the Game department since they were well versed in it; I was able to get a override.

The worst part was I wanted to pre-order Forza 4 CE and get Catherine today too (all bills were finally paid off) and sure enough the 4 day ad bite me in the ass and Forza 4 CE is no longer a Pre-Order item....

My roomate is a @Gamer subscriber. Can i use his coupon without his card? I know he's not going to buy any of the sales this month.

[quote name='leafosaur']My roomate is a @Gamer subscriber. Can i use his coupon without his card? I know he's not going to buy any of the sales this month.[/QUOTE]

Yes it will work without the membership

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I'm saying these coupons worked previously, with the discount taken off automatically in their system. Now that's not the case. Sounds to me like something changed, obviously. I'm glad a BB forum mod is looking into this, but who's to say he has any pull on this matter? I've already read where people referred store managers to the BB forum, where the new forum mod Mike pointed out the coupon should work on sale items, but the managers don't give a rip about that. They don't get their marching orders from a new forum mod who "says" this is how it should be and the system is wrong.

I certainly hope it does get resolved, but it needs to be resolved in the Best Buy computer system, not by trying to convince each individual store manager that they should manually override the system for this coupon every time the scenario arises.[/QUOTE]
Amen to that brother...

The fact that these BBY forum mods are individually calling each store is just plain ridiculous. Nice gesture but what a waste...

[quote name='joshnorm']

The worst part was I wanted to pre-order Forza 4 CE and get Catherine today too (all bills were finally paid off) and sure enough the 4 day ad bite me in the ass and Forza 4 CE is no longer a Pre-Order item....[/QUOTE]

Here is the presale SKU for Forza 4 CE: 2953734. This should allow your store to put in the pre-order.

Why don't I have my October issue yet? Previously I was getting my @Gamer magazine like clockwork just after the first of the month, so what gives now? I checked online and my subscription is good through November 2012....

Come on, Best Buy. I want your magazine to arrive as soon as possible so I can get Ico/SotC for $15 before copies of it run out again at my local store....

[quote name='Japakneez']The fact that these BBY forum mods are individually calling each store is just plain ridiculous. Nice gesture but what a waste...[/QUOTE]
why are they calling each store? Just send out a nation wide memo, wouldn't that be easier and more efficient? It seems like Bestbuy is just dragging their feet and walking in circles, you either tell us outright if you're going to fix it or just say sorry we screwed up the price. My god, how can anyone take this long to fix a coupon problem that they are selling?

[quote name='Bizzquik']Why don't I have my October issue yet? Previously I was getting my @Gamer magazine like clockwork just after the first of the month, so what gives now? I checked online and my subscription is good through November 2012....

Come on, Best Buy. I want your magazine to arrive as soon as possible so I can get Ico/SotC for $15 before copies of it run out again at my local store....[/QUOTE]

So you are jonesin' for the coupon so you can pay $5 more than sale price? lol

bread's done
Back