[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

[quote name='"Galanthas"']Anyone see Otogi 2 there yesterday or today? The 3 closest stores to me haven't received it yet.[/quote]

They didn't have it at the store in milford, ct. Best Buy had many copies in stock, as well as the new small ps2 if anyone is interested.

TRU did put out some more stock since I looked on thursday, but not much. I am not sure if I will go back in a few days to take another look, as I have been spending more than what I should on video games lately and halo 2 is coming out soon.

[quote name='"Milkyman"'][quote name='"Tybee"']\Not as funny as the guy who tried to sell me AA batteries when I got my GBA SP on release day, though.
:D[/quote]

Hehe, did anyone else get asked if they want to buy a 2.99 protection plan for each game today?[/quote]

Yes, as well as if I wanted batteries for the games. I was also told about the warrenty. I'm sure that there is some policy that they have to do this for everyone, regardless if it even makes sense. I don't need batteries for my game disks or my xbox...

[quote name='"vherub"']couldnt bring myself to buy anything (not for lack fo want but by the time i get around to playing these games, would be after christmas and all would have dropped below $35 (except maybe paper mario)

regardless times square tru is stocked well, burnout, pikmin, paper mario, mortal kombat- tho i didnt see midway arcade treasures 2[/quote]

The times square store has the nicest video game selection which I have seen, and the prices are the same as what I would pay in connecticut. I don't go into the city much, though.

bought 3 Donkey Konga at TRU total 106 with tax...took 2 of them back to WM and received 106 in store credit...did my grocery shoppin, filled up my gas tank and some other stuff....my personal definition of "Creative Shopping" ... so basically I got to keep a Donkey Konga for free :)

Went to TRU this am and was pretty surprised to see nop one else there, but it is cool with me because I got the only copy of Shin Megami with soundtrack that they had. The guy said they only got 1 but they still have like 100 Madden 2005 lying around. No one likes interesting games anymore. Also picked up Shadow Hearts Covenant and THUG2( i am bringing this back on Wed to pick DOAU.

I got
Nocturne
Pinmin 2
Paper Mario 2
from toys r us

I went to Circuit City next door and price matched
Animal crossing
Mario golf
Guilty gear for xbox

has anyone been to one in the dallas area? i'll be checking out the one in Frisco and hope that no one's there.

any chance that TRU will still have a lot of the 50% off games. i know that guilty gear x2 isn't on the list for the B2G1, but if they have it, i'll still get it

[quote name='jer0009']I got
Nocturne
Pinmin 2
Paper Mario 2
from toys r us

I went to Circuit City next door and price matched
Animal crossing
Mario golf
Guilty gear for xbox[/quote]

Wait CC will price match BUY2G1????? I always thought retailers won't price match get 1 free or free gift card offers.

[quote name='PrineTime']bought 3 Donkey Konga at TRU total 106 with tax...took 2 of them back to WM and received 106 in store credit...did my grocery shoppin, filled up my gas tank and some other stuff....my personal definition of "Creative Shopping" ... so basically I got to keep a Donkey Konga for free :)[/quote]
Sounds like illegal shopping to me!

Luckily I'm off of work on Tues so I am gonna swing by TRU early and pick up GTA:SA, Donkey Konga for my fiance, and I dunno what the third one is gonna be yet. I was gonna wait for DOA:U but I just remembered I ordered that one off Outpost for $37 so I might as well pick up another $50 game instead..... :)

[quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='PrineTime']bought 3 Donkey Konga at TRU total 106 with tax...took 2 of them back to WM and received 106 in store credit...did my grocery shoppin, filled up my gas tank and some other stuff....my personal definition of "Creative Shopping" ... so basically I got to keep a Donkey Konga for free :)[/quote]
Sounds like illegal shopping to me![/quote]
Sounds like a balls out post on this board. That sort of thing is not locked on highly on this site. I see one PrimeTime extra crispy flame broiled style in the coming posts.

[quote name='TheUnsane1'][quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='PrineTime']bought 3 Donkey Konga at TRU total 106 with tax...took 2 of them back to WM and received 106 in store credit...did my grocery shoppin, filled up my gas tank and some other stuff....my personal definition of "Creative Shopping" ... so basically I got to keep a Donkey Konga for free :)[/quote]
Sounds like illegal shopping to me![/quote]
Sounds like a balls out post on this board. That sort of thing is not locked on highly on this site. I see one PrimeTime extra crispy flame broiled style in the coming posts.[/quote]
I sucks that people can't take a good thing for what it is, people like this are always trying to take advantage of a good thing and I think it really sucks, but who am I to say what is right.

Oh by the way, I picked up:
Starfox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
F Zero GX
Guilty Gear X#2
ESPN NHL 2K5

I love these Toys R Us deals. Will probably go back sometime this week to get my 50 set

Just got back from the local TRU... just picked up Ratchet & Clank : GC, Sims Bustin' Out, and Pikmin.

But here's the interesting part... when I was checking out, the guy in the checkout lane next to me had just rang up $5000 of games! Get to your store before him and other resellers get there first!

[quote name='nryan']But here's the interesting part... when I was checking out, the guy in the checkout lane next to me had just rang up $5000 of games! [/quote]

Damn, that's rediculous!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='nryan']But here's the interesting part... when I was checking out, the guy in the checkout lane next to me had just rang up $5000 of games! [/quote]

Damn, that's rediculous![/quote]
Yea this is a good sale but no where near OMG I GOTTA BUY 1000 GAMES AND SELL THEM TO MORONS ON EBAY AT XMAS TIME!!!!!1!!!!!1!!1

went to 2 TRU's, first got THUG2, WWE:DOR and Spiderman 2, then went out for lunch, then got DDRMAX, DDREXTREME and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, save 70 bucks, not bad, and all these games I was planning on buying anyways

Ah, fooey. My TRU didn't have Otogi 2 or SMT: Nocturne. Still picked up some good stuff.

Went by CC to pricematch, but they didn't have either of them. They said they'd pricematch, but only for games TRU still had in stock (they were going to call and check)

Hmm, maybe a road trip to Joplin...

Just got back. I spent $220 and got:

Fable
X men
Pikmin 2
Sly 2
Gradius 5
BG:DA 2
DW4 Empires
NFL 2k5
Prince of Persia

There are a few older ones in there that I missed last year but Im glad I got them. By the way, There is a 10 off 50 coupon that was mailed out at the first of the month to mailing list customers. It will work fine in this deal. I just wish I had more of them.

Wait a sec, does this seem retarded to anyone else?

Cheap ass link (GC $20 games) RTGGMCBE7999

Sonic DX $19.99
Sonic 2 $19.99
Bomberman Jetters $19.99

! Important Message
We're sorry. We didn't recognize the promotional claim code you entered. Perhaps you typed it in incorrectly? Please double-check for transposed or omitted numbers or letters before re-entering.

Did I miss something? Was there something wrong with this code?

I had planned on not buying anymore after the 3 I got this morning (Fable,THUG 2, and MK:D Collectors Edition). But when I was looking over the $20 games online I said hell with it and ordered Midways Arcade Treasures ( I wanted the 2nd one but it didnt have free shipping), Sims Busting Out (I've been wanting to try this one for a loooong time), and Carmen Sandiago (I know, this will probably be awful, but it'll be interesting to see what its like ) for $42.80. 6 new games should keep me busy for a while =)

Although I wasn't able to be there at TRU, but had my mom go for me, I got three PS2 games:

Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (last copy)
Neo Contra

These were bought at the TRU in Fort Wayne, IN.

[quote name='Levizk']The copies of Shin Megami Tensei you guys are picking up at TRU, do they have the limited edition soundtrack in them or are those gone?[/quote]

Yes, mine has a limited edition soundtrack cd. I didn't bother to check until now.

[quote name='nryan']the guy in the checkout lane next to me had just rang up $5000 of games! Get to your store before him and other resellers get there first![/quote]

:shock: What TRU was this in?!

[quote name='Alpha2']Wait a sec, does this seem retarded to anyone else?

Sonic DX $19.99
Sonic 2 $19.99
Bomberman Jetters $19.99

! Important Message
We're sorry. We didn't recognize the promotional claim code you entered. Perhaps you typed it in incorrectly? Please double-check for transposed or omitted numbers or letters before re-entering.

Did I miss something? Was there something wrong with this code?[/quote]

I just tried it with the same code and it worked fine on those same 3 games. Maybe you did mistype it?? Check for spaces ect. I Just used copy/paste from the front page of CAG.

And I'm spent

Had to go to a few different stores to get all that I wanted. Didn't get all my choices but here is what I got.

Santa Monica, Ca
Crimson Skies
Star Wars KOTOR (non-ph last one)
Jak II (one of the gh with the gh sticker, so a non-gh)

Culver City, Ca on Sepulveda
Spiderman (GCN, #1 not #2, was a non-pc and I am a nerd who likes non-pc versions)
Morrowind GOTY (part of 50% off so it was $14.99)
Brute Force (non-ph, I think this was 50% off, so it ended up being the free one)

Culver City, Ca on La Cienega
Lord of the Rings ROTK (GCN, last one I think)
007 Everything or Nothing (GCN, one more left)
NFL Street (GCN)

Couldn't find Viewtiful Joe (GCN) even though the Santa Monica store had a ton a week ago.

[quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='Tybee']\Not as funny as the guy who tried to sell me AA batteries when I got my GBA SP on release day, though.
:D[/quote]

Hehe, did anyone else get asked if they want to buy a 2.99 protection plan for each game today?[/quote]

I did. Ridiculous trying to sell this on software.

[quote name='PrineTime']bought 3 Donkey Konga at TRU total 106 with tax...took 2 of them back to WM and received 106 in store credit...did my grocery shoppin, filled up my gas tank and some other stuff....my personal definition of "Creative Shopping" ... so basically I got to keep a Donkey Konga for free :)[/quote]

ugh, why did you tell us that.....

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='nryan']the guy in the checkout lane next to me had just rang up $5000 of games! Get to your store before him and other resellers get there first![/quote]

:shock: What TRU was this in?![/quote]

This was in the Fullerton CA store. Didn't really manage to see what games he had though... I saw a small stack of Shreks, not sure if he's going to make much on those though :)

Congratulations. You're a thief. :roll:

Yeah, I like how you can't really resell these games. Anyway, Here's what I got:

Donkey Konga
2x Paper Mario (GC)

Mario Golf (non-pc)
Animal Crossing (PC)
Kirby's Airide (non-pc)

At Bestbuy I got 3 Pokemon Channels for 4.99.

At the Tallahassee TRU, we have the ticket system. There was no tickets left for Donkey Konga left. So I asked for them to check the back. After a few minutes he came out and said it would be at register 1. I'm like cool! When the lady rung it up it was 29.99! I was like cool! Then I noticed it was the bongos only. I said I wanted the game and bongo. So they went to the back and got me one. After everything was done at the register, I went out the door, still in TRU, and checked every game like I always do. The box was ripped and everything inside was used. I went back and they got the display copy for me and yes, it's sealed. Whatever, I'm happy.

The inventory and price at the Tallahassee TRU isn't good. Kirby was still 49.99 on the ticket. I only got 2 paper Mario's b/c there was nothing else to get. Even the employee agreed with me.

If anyone else in Tal. Want Donkey Konga, the only one left I think is that open one. I didn't see Disgaea, Pahntom Brave, Nocturne, nor did I ask for them.

Sorry for this long post.

[quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='Alpha2']Wait a sec, does this seem retarded to anyone else?

Sonic DX $19.99
Sonic 2 $19.99
Bomberman Jetters $19.99

! Important Message

I just tried it with the same code and it worked fine on those same 3 games. Maybe you did mistype it?? Check for spaces ect. I Just used copy/paste from the front page of CAG.[/quote]

But thats what I did too, I don't understand why it dosen't work for me. :evil:

Just got back from my TRU and picked up:

Burnout 3 on xbox,
shadows hearts covenant
and kingdom under fire on xbox as my freebie

was a good day

im probably going to go back and get some more games during the week

I just went back to get my pre-sell for GTA: SA. When I pick it up I'll get another $50 game and a free one. I was thinking of getting Ace Combat 5 and Fable. Does anyone recommend Fable? By Tuesday I would have already spent $200 on this deal but I was also thinking of getting, Gradius V, Street Fighter Collection, and Viewtiful Joe (PS2). I'm hesitant to spend more money...

I remember hearing you cant, but can you get multiples? My friends and I were thinking of just getting like 3 GTA SA for bout 35$ each.

[quote name='Tybee'][quote name='PrineTime']bought 3 Donkey Konga at TRU total 106 with tax...took 2 of them back to WM and received 106 in store credit...did my grocery shoppin, filled up my gas tank and some other stuff....my personal definition of "Creative Shopping" ... so basically I got to keep a Donkey Konga for free :)[/quote]

Congratulations. You're a thief. :roll:[/quote]

:applause: Glad to always see that there are honest CAGs

[quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='PrineTime']bought 3 Donkey Konga at TRU total 106 with tax...took 2 of them back to WM and received 106 in store credit...did my grocery shoppin, filled up my gas tank and some other stuff....my personal definition of "Creative Shopping" ... so basically I got to keep a Donkey Konga for free :)[/quote]

ugh, why did you tell us that.....[/quote]

Because apparently I haven't pissed off enough people this weekend by jumping up on my moral soapbox.

[quote name='Scahom1']You guys are lucky. My local TRS won't let me mix platforms.[/quote]

That's crazy, if they ring them up, no matter what platform the cheapest should ring up 0.00. I would speak to a manager.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Forgive me if this has been asked/answered but has anyone tried to get the Sonic DX/Sonic Adventure 2 or Super Monkey Ball 1/2 Double Pack in this sale?

I'm curious as to if the combo pack is counted as one game.[/quote]

I was wondering about that as well... I wanted to send a friend of mine back in the horse's hometown to go pick up the sonic double pack, zelda ww and midway 2; however, A. I couldn't get ahold of him today, B. I already pestered him enough during the CC and BB sales, C. I ordered midway 2 today, D. I already have Zelda, I just wanted a sealed non-player's choice copy, and E. I already have enough games to play right now. So... I decided against it pretty much.[/quote]

i'm going to try and do this now, i imagine there is no beef with it.[/quote]

I went to TRU in the morning and I was able to get the Double Pack games to count as 1 game for the buy 2 get 1 free special.

OK, TRU has been on my shit list for sometime because of their outragous prices and lack of stock in good games (and you wonder why they can't compete with WalMart?), but I thought this was a good deal and went ahead and tried it.

Going to get:
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia

But when I went to check out the code wouldn't work because they have the price for Pikmin 2 at 45.95!! WTF TRU.

I am officially never going into another TRU or buying something online from them. Everytime I give them another shot I just end up wasting my time.

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='Alpha2']Wait a sec, does this seem retarded to anyone else?

Sonic DX $19.99
Sonic 2 $19.99
Bomberman Jetters $19.99

! Important Message

I just tried it with the same code and it worked fine on those same 3 games. Maybe you did mistype it?? Check for spaces ect. I Just used copy/paste from the front page of CAG.[/quote]

But thats what I did too, I don't understand why it dosen't work for me. :evil:[/quote]

I dont know. I cleaned my cookies and went back to see what message it would give you if you have a space at the begining or end and it wouldn't take the coupon off - even though I cleaned cookies. Maybe Amazon keeps the codes in their database until you actualy use it ? Anyway, if I were in your spot, I would try again and make sure I didnt carry over any spaces in your copy/paste (esp at the begining and end) and make sure that the coupon box is empty (no junk/spaces hidden to the left). If it still doesnt work try to e-mail or call them.

By the way - I would recommend going to the store first if you have one in your area and a way there. Amazon's shipping is terrible (~7 on 3 games).

[quote name='QuickFix']OK, TRU has been on my shit list for sometime because of their outragous prices and lack of stock in good games (and you wonder why they can't compete with WalMart?), but I thought this was a good deal and went ahead and tried it.

Going to get:
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia

But when I went to check out the code wouldn't work because they have the price for Pikmin 2 at 45.95!! WTF TRU.

I am officially never going into another TRU or buying something online from them. Everytime I give them another shot I just end up wasting my time.[/quote]

Did you try ordering those three online? Because Pikmin 2 is still $49.99 online in TRU store. (It's 45.95 through the Office Depot store, so the code obviously wouldn't work.)

Yay my first post!

I picked up:

Tales of Symphonia
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mortal Kombat Deception (Xbox)

Also picked up Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusades and 2 random $50 games so I can exchange them for Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

bread's done
Back