[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

[quote name='Trakan']
Did they have alot of games in stock?[/quote]

My TRU in DE was stacked. They had everything.

The only thing they didn't have was Shin And I asked about it and they never carried it.

As for games, I am done. I just spend too much money and have too much work to play games.

I currently have 8 games I need to finish before I start playing anything else new. I currently have more than enough games to last me three or four years.

[quote name='Milkyman']Does anyone know what the xbox version has going for it over the GC version? I kind of rather have the GC version since I have 4 controllers for GC and only 3 for xbox.[/quote]

XBOX only has a graphics advantage over the GC. From IGN (please don't smite me):

"The Recommendation: If you're a home theater type, go for Xbox. From 720p to the better sound, it just is better on the senses. If you don't have a fancy setup, Xbox is still the best bet, but GameCube isn't a bad choice either. The PlayStation 2 would be the last recommendation, mainly for the texture warping and displacement issues, which draw your eye away from the action occasionally. "

You get the same game and features which I think is how it should be (except for Soul Calibur 2, Link kicks ass!)

I just got Today's paper and they didn't have a TRU ad in it. The Napa Register (bleh) usually has the TRU ad when they print one. Oh well. Best Buy was absent as well. Guess I should leave me neighbor's paper alone while they're out of town..... :twisted:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Forgive me if this has been asked/answered but has anyone tried to get the Sonic DX/Sonic Adventure 2 or Super Monkey Ball 1/2 Double Pack in this sale?

I'm curious as to if the combo pack is counted as one game.[/quote]

I was wondering about that as well... I wanted to send a friend of mine back in the horse's hometown to go pick up the sonic double pack, zelda ww and midway 2; however, A. I couldn't get ahold of him today, B. I already pestered him enough during the CC and BB sales, C. I ordered midway 2 today, D. I already have Zelda, I just wanted a sealed non-player's choice copy, and E. I already have enough games to play right now. So... I decided against it pretty much.[/quote]

i'm going to try and do this now, i imagine there is no beef with it.

[quote name='oxidative']

XBOX only has a graphics advantage over the GC. From IGN (please don't smite me):

"The Recommendation: If you're a home theater type, go for Xbox. From 720p to the better sound, it just is better on the senses. If you don't have a fancy setup, Xbox is still the best bet, but GameCube isn't a bad choice either. The PlayStation 2 would be the last recommendation, mainly for the texture warping and displacement issues, which draw your eye away from the action occasionally. "

You get the same game and features which I think is how it should be (except for Soul Calibur 2, Link kicks ass!)[/quote]

Thanks, Oxi. I guess I'll keep it then. my xbox library could use another game and I have an HDTV though I think it only does 480p and 1020i.

I just picked up

Mortal Kombat Deception (Collectors Edition)
Fable (I've been wanting to play it since it came out)
Tony Hawk's UG 2 (I really like these games:))

Came to $118.22, kinda expensive but I did save about $40.

[quote name='Staind204']I just picked up

Mortal Kombat Deception (Collectors Edition)
Fable (I've been wanting to play it since it came out)
Tony Hawk's UG 2 (I really like these games:))

Came to $118.22, kinda expensive but I did save about $40.[/quote]

How much is the sales tax where you live? My 3 came out to 109 and change and thats including a 1 dollar donation to a children's charity.

Just got back from TRU, I Got...

Paper Mario 2: 1000 Year Door

Mortal Kombat Deception

Star Ocean Till The End of Time

:D What a great day...

I just got:
X-Men Legends
Burnout3
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Also, the clerks said if there's a game I really want buy something that's the same price and exchange it in the 45 day return policy. I'm not sure if it's YMMV but these guys were promoting that we do this so we will buy more games this week.

[quote name='MadFlava']I just got:
X-Men Legends
Burnout3
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Also, the clerks said if there's a game I really want buy something that's the same price and exchange it in the 45 day return policy. I'm not sure if it's YMMV but these guys were promoting that we do this so we will buy more games this week.[/quote]

if you plan to do it, just be sure the one which you plan to return/exchange is not a free one means 0 dlr. If it is the free one it is very difficult to exchange.

Just got back from the Cobb Parkway TRU in GA. Though the shelves were virtually bare (they don't use tickets at this location) when I was there two weeks ago, they were fully stocked today. I picked up Donkey Konga, Pikmin 2, and X-Men Legends.

The kid that checked me out complemented my game selection, deeming Donkey Konga "completely awesome." He then proceeded to rhapsodize about how good a deal the 3 for 2 sale was, the best he'd ever seen since he'd been there (which was less than a year). I told him they ran a similar deal once or twice each year and he seemed surprised. He also assumed I had heard about the sale from someone there and seemed equally astonished when I told him that the info had been floating around the Web for weeks.

He told me about the X-Box deal they're running or will be running soon and he talked really fast so I'm not sure I got all the details right. Apparently you get an X-Box, two free games (NCAA 2005 and something else I can't recall), and a free second controller. "Get that and three X-Box games in this deal and you're SET for Christmas, man!!!"

Nice to see someone working in retail who is actually enthusiastic about their job. Not as funny as the guy who tried to sell me AA batteries when I got my GBA SP on release day, though.
:D

[quote name='Tybee']\Not as funny as the guy who tried to sell me AA batteries when I got my GBA SP on release day, though.
:D[/quote]

Hehe, did anyone else get asked if they want to buy a 2.99 protection plan for each game today?

couldnt bring myself to buy anything (not for lack fo want but by the time i get around to playing these games, would be after christmas and all would have dropped below $35 (except maybe paper mario)

regardless times square tru is stocked well, burnout, pikmin, paper mario, mortal kombat- tho i didnt see midway arcade treasures 2

Came back from TRU. I got myself x-men legend, Phantom brave, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It was great! The guy in front of me brought like 15 games.

[quote name='Milkyman']I just got back from the Ceasar's Bay Toys R Us here in Brooklyn and they still seemed to have plenty of stock of everything, though I didn't look too closely. There weren't many people fighting for the games either which surprised me, Just me and a soccer mom.

I picked up Donkey Konga, Shin Megami Tensei (plenty of copies) and X-men legends for Xbox because they didn't have the Gamecube version of it. Does anyone know what the xbox version has going for it over the GC version? I kind of rather have the GC version since I have 4 controllers for GC and only 3 for xbox.[/quote]

i saw u, i was there too. they kept on transferring u to like 3 diff cash registers. they got some problems are something. im the chinese guy. i forgot how u look like.

i got shin, la pucelle, paper mario. the other set are EoN, socom 2, and lifeline. i know lifeline sucks but i would like to try that out. i was asking for jak 2 and rachet and clank:GC but they dont have it. i want katamari but they dont have it. Megaman:AC for GC dont have. they say katamari they never gotten it. i was talking to the guy about black friday. he said, "oh, its gonna be good, trust me". i was like dayyyymn.

[quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='Tybee']\Not as funny as the guy who tried to sell me AA batteries when I got my GBA SP on release day, though.

Hehe, did anyone else get asked if they want to buy a 2.99 protection plan for each game today?[/quote]

yea... the old lady did. and asking me about shrek 2. the manager came over and told me about the protection crap. i told them i always have my games like brand new. i told them i got super nintendo games thats still in boxes.

The copies of Shin Megami Tensei you guys are picking up at TRU, do they have the limited edition soundtrack in them or are those gone?

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='Tybee']\Not as funny as the guy who tried to sell me AA batteries when I got my GBA SP on release day, though.

Hehe, did anyone else get asked if they want to buy a 2.99 protection plan for each game today?[/quote]

yea... the old lady did. and asking me about shrek 2. the manager came over and told me about the protection crap. i told them i always have my games like brand new. i told them i got super nintendo games thats still in boxes.[/quote]

I got one from the cashier, plus he also ask me if I want to pre-order shrek 2. The guy felt bad and mention that he's force to ask even though he knows I don't want them both.

[quote name='Levizk']The copies of Shin Megami Tensei you guys are picking up at TRU, do they have the limited edition soundtrack in them or are those gone?[/quote]

My copy was not the limited edition

[quote name='Levizk']The copies of Shin Megami Tensei you guys are picking up at TRU, do they have the limited edition soundtrack in them or are those gone?[/quote]

yea they have the soundtrack cd. i checked before i buy.

Just got back from TRU in Jacksonville, FL. Looked like all of the popular recent $50 games were still there for Xbox & Gamecube (don't have PS2, so I wasn't really looking at their games), with the exception of Donkey Konga which only had 3 copies left in the store. So, if this is on your list to pick up, I would go sooner than later.

I picked up Burnout 3, Fable, and Donkey Konga for $96.30 (I had a spend $50, save $10 coupon card). I'm probably going to go back on Tuesday to exchange Fable for DOA Ultimate, but haven't decided yet.

[quote name='kaoticeyes'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='Tybee']\Not as funny as the guy who tried to sell me AA batteries when I got my GBA SP on release day, though.

yea... the old lady did. and asking me about shrek 2. the manager came over and told me about the protection crap. i told them i always have my games like brand new. i told them i got super nintendo games thats still in boxes.[/quote]

I got one from the cashier, plus he also ask me if I want to pre-order shrek 2. The guy felt bad and mention that he's force to ask even though he knows I don't want them both.[/quote]

i know how they feel. they feel stupid. they have to ask for batteries, preordering dvds, protection plan, asking for donations. i dont know what else. the lady asked 3 things but not batteries since games dont use batteries. i remember seeing a tag saying if they didnt ask for batteries i get free soda. thats funny. and ummm.... i shouldnt say old lady. i dont want to be mean or anything. i have to say sorry if the lady is reading this.

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='Milkyman']I just got back from the Ceasar's Bay Toys R Us here in Brooklyn and they still seemed to have plenty of stock of everything, though I didn't look too closely. There weren't many people fighting for the games either which surprised me, Just me and a soccer mom.

I picked up Donkey Konga, Shin Megami Tensei (plenty of copies) and X-men legends for Xbox because they didn't have the Gamecube version of it. Does anyone know what the xbox version has going for it over the GC version? I kind of rather have the GC version since I have 4 controllers for GC and only 3 for xbox.[/quote]

i saw u, i was there too. they kept on transferring u to like 3 diff cash registers. they got some problems are something. im the chinese guy. i forgot how u look like.

i got shin, la pucelle, paper mario. the other set are EoN, socom 2, and lifeline. i know lifeline sucks but i would like to try that out. i was asking for jak 2 and rachet and clank:GC but they dont have it. i want katamari but they dont have it. Megaman:AC for GC dont have. they say katamari they never gotten it. i was talking to the guy about black friday. he said, "oh, its gonna be good, trust me". i was like dayyyymn.[/quote]

Wow I totally didn't even notice another chinese guy there, i remember some little chinese kids, a soccer mom with a shopping cart and a russian dude and his wife/girlfriend who seemed to be picking his games on the spot rather than already knowing what he wanted. Amatures! I'm just glad I walked away before I thought of buying 3 more copies of donkey konga for xmas presents.

Just go back from TRU. Picked up Fable and Paper Mario, and reserved San Andreas. Going back Tuesday to pick it up.

[quote name='mick16']Just got back from TRU in Jacksonville, FL. Looked like all of the popular recent $50 games were still there for Xbox & Gamecube (don't have PS2, so I wasn't really looking at their games), with the exception of Donkey Konga which only had 3 copies left in the store. So, if this is on your list to pick up, I would go sooner than later.

I picked up Burnout 3, Fable, and Donkey Konga for $96.30 (I had a spend $50, save $10 coupon card). I'm probably going to go back on Tuesday to exchange Fable for DOA Ultimate, but haven't decided yet.[/quote]

ahhh.. damn, i forgot to use my 10dollar coupon card. i gotta use it this week for GTA, shadow hearts, and some other 50 dollar game that i dont know what to get. someone help me out picking the third game. i might get xmen legends. it seems that its going to drop soon since they said they going to come out a sequel already.

[quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='Milkyman']I just got back from the Ceasar's Bay Toys R Us here in Brooklyn and they still seemed to have plenty of stock of everything, though I didn't look too closely. There weren't many people fighting for the games either which surprised me, Just me and a soccer mom.

i got shin, la pucelle, paper mario. the other set are EoN, socom 2, and lifeline. i know lifeline sucks but i would like to try that out. i was asking for jak 2 and rachet and clank:GC but they dont have it. i want katamari but they dont have it. Megaman:AC for GC dont have. they say katamari they never gotten it. i was talking to the guy about black friday. he said, "oh, its gonna be good, trust me". i was like dayyyymn.[/quote]

Wow I totally didn't even notice another chinese guy there, i remember some little chinese kids, a soccer mom with a shopping cart and a russian dude and his wife/girlfriend who seemed to be picking his games on the spot rather than already knowing what he wanted. Amatures! I'm just glad I walked away before I thought of buying 3 more copies of donkey konga for xmas presents.[/quote]

i was behind u, waiting in line.

My score: 2 copies of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the Gamecube

Not bad for $60 + tax.

[quote name='hrsh']My score: 2 copies of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the Gamecube

Not bad for $60 + tax.[/quote]

damn i want RE3 so bad. i never play that game. i only tried it out at my friends place on the ps1, long time ago

[quote name='Trakan']Just go back from TRU. Picked up Fable and Paper Mario, and reserved San Andreas. Going back Tuesday to pick it up.[/quote]

What the bloody hell??? They let you do that??!! My Toys R Us won't allow it, so I have to hope that they'll have Donkey Konga in stock when I go Tuesday.

I just got back from a local TRU - scored Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Paper Mario, and Donkey Konga. I considered Phantom Brave and Pikmin 2 but ended up not getting them.

One thing about the blacklist though - the TRU I went to had lowered the prices on most of the games that had a recent drop. For example, they had marked Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, and Mario Sunshine all at 19.99 so you might want to call or check your local TRU.

BTW, for those of you living in Southeast Michigan, the TRUs at Eloise, Ann Arbor, and Novi all had many copies of Nocturne, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle, and other not so common games in stock. Get 'em while they're hot!

One last thing - I was gonna get a second set of bongos at Best Buy with the GGC, but my local BB was all out. Instead, the sales guy told me about the Pelican bongos which many people think are actually better than the Nintendo ones because they have a bigger diameter and more sensitive clap mic, etc. I normally avoid third party stuff like the plague, but this sounded interesting. Has anyone had experience with the Pelican bongos or heard anything about them?

[quote name='HSidwolf']I just got back from a local TRU - scored Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Paper Mario, and Donkey Konga. I considered Phantom Brave and Pikmin 2 but ended up not getting them.

One thing about the blacklist though - the TRU I went to had lowered the prices on most of the games that had a recent drop. For example, they had marked Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, and Mario Sunshine all at 19.99 so you might want to call or check your local TRU.

BTW, for those of you living in Southeast Michigan, the TRUs at Eloise, Ann Arbor, and Novi all had many copies of Nocturne, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle, and other not so common games in stock. Get 'em while they're hot!

One last thing - I was gonna get a second set of bongos at Best Buy with the GGC, but my local BB was all out. Instead, the sales guy told me about the Pelican bongos which many people think are actually better than the Nintendo ones because they have a bigger diameter and more sensitive clap mic, etc. I normally avoid third party stuff like the plague, but this sounded interesting. Has anyone had experience with the Pelican bongos or heard anything about them?[/quote]

Id avoid anything 3rd party like you said. That guy was just trying to make the Pelican bongos look good.

Uh, got a question for all that have went to TRU already... have you seen Taiko Drum Master there?

Nope, no Taiko.

There was a decent supply, but with the amount of game I saw people buying, I have a feeling that everyone may want to get there today if they want RPGs or any game that isn't from a major developer.

I ended up getting Shadow Hearts, Megaman X Command Mission, and Monster Hunter.

I swear, I should know better that to keep buying RPGS...
I'm already about 10 RPGs behind, yet I still keep getting more.

I just got back from a local TRU - scored Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Paper Mario, and Donkey Konga. I considered Phantom Brave and Pikmin 2 but ended up not getting them

Wow, I actually got SMT, PB, and Pikmin 2 but considered getting PM2 and Donkey Konga. I actually own the japanese versions of both so that was why I passed on them but still it's kinda funny.

[quote name='shadow9689']Did anybody here try to pre-order 3 games for the buy 2 get 1 free deal?[/quote]
Is this even possible? I won't even try to get in on this deal if you can't do this, already picked up Paper Mario 2 for $40 on launch.

the sales guy told me about the Pelican bongos which many people think are actually better than the Nintendo ones because they have a bigger diameter and more sensitive clap mic, etc

I would avoid them. I love the bongos and think the clap mic is perfect but is already a bit too sensitive for my tastes. I think a more sensitive mic might make the game hard to play.

the sales guy told me about the Pelican bongos which many people think are actually better than the Nintendo ones because they have a bigger diameter and more sensitive clap mic, etc

I would avoid them. I love the bongos and think the clap mic is perfect but is already a bit too sensitive for my tastes. I think a more sensitive mic might make the game hard to play.

well, i just did the amazon deal, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2, Medal of Honor Frontline and Simpsons Hit and Run. all for $50 shipped. not bad, should keep me busy til xmas

Picked up Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Paper Mario, and set it up to get GTA:SA as my free game when they get it in store. This on top of picking up Ico yesterday at Gamestop, and ordering Ring of Red, Xenosaga, and Shadows of Destiny off of EBGames-- I'm going to have to take a month-long vacation from work and take care of my gaming.

I just called the only TRU in New Orleans, LA, and they said that you can't pre-order at all for the deal or return a game for another game later. They also said GTA: SA will arrive at TRU Tuesday so I guess I'll stop by then.

bread's done
Back