[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

so its from the 27th until when? what are the chances ill be able to get san andreas and smackdown vs raw

edit forget it. its until the 30th

Scorch, here's another one for the "blacklist"

Resident Evil Code Veronica X for GC @ $39.99

Gamerush carries it at $19.99

I think it's findable used for less than $39.99

went to check out my TRU today, to see if they were doing the sale early, the sale begins sunday, they open at 10 oddly, by what i saw the have all the games I want except one, DRR max, but ill ask up front when the time comes, ohhhh i cant wait.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']went to check out my TRU today, to see if they were doing the sale early, the sale begins sunday, they open at 10 oddly, by what i saw the have all the games I want except one, DRR max, but ill ask up front when the time comes, ohhhh i cant wait.[/quote] hey nirvanaguy777 so does that mean you walk in tru to buy two games and get the third one free without ordering online at tru site

Blacklist additions:

Armed & Dangerous (XB) @ $30 - BB has it for $20 B&M, though it's tending to disappear at that price, EBGames (PO) - $17.99, Gamestop new @ $19.99
Wrath Unleashed (XB) @ $30 - BB just blew this out for $9.99, they had it at $19.99 until recently, EB & Gamestop have it for $19.99 new
Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg (GC) - BB had it for $9.99, I saw a bunch of them @ CC for $19.99, EBGames PO @ $14.99, Gamestop PO @ $17.99

Repost of the list.. did not include Billy Hatcher since 20 is MSRP. Add this to the main post, Cheapy, if you want.

Blacklist Titles

At 30 for PS2..

Final Fantasy X-2 - Cheaper at EBgames.com, price depends on how great the sex was that the webmaster got the previous night
NCAA Football 2004 - Easy to find for 14
The Suffering - Retails 19
Max Payne 2 - Are they kiddin' me? 9.99 @ ebgames.com

At 40 for PS2..

007 Everything or Nothing - Retails 19
NFL Street - Retails 19
Hitman Contracts - Retails 29
Kill.Switch - 4.99 @ ebgames.com

At 50 for PS2..
Need For Speed Underground (PS2) -- Drops next month, 19.99 at Sears.com
WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2) - Retails $19.99
Fight Night 2004 - Retails for 29
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - Retails 29
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly - Retails for 19 (Thanks, whoever it was.. can't find the post now)

At 20 for XBox..

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - 9.99 @ CC
Rainbow Six 3 - Usually $15 or less at EB
Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver - 5.99 preplayed at EB
Prisoner of War - Retails for 15, used @ 9
I-Ninja - 4.99 @ CC, BB clearanced them out for 1.99, 9.99 used @ ebworld.com
NFL Blitz Pro - Retails 16.99
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship Of The Rings - 5.99 PO at EB
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - Retails 15.99, used 7.99, ebworld.com clearanced a ton out for 4.99
NBA Live 2002 - 2.99 @ ebworld.com
NFL 2K2 - 3.99 @ ebworld.com
ESPN College Hoops - 9.99 PO @ ebworld.com
Defender - 9.99 PO at EBWorld.com
Circus Maximus - Usually 4.99 or less at any store
Rogue Ops - EB clearanced the hell out of this, I think
Stake: Fortune Fighter - Please don't buy this
Inside Pitch 2003 - 11.99 @ gamestop.com
Minority Report - 9.99 or less
ESPN NBA 2K3 - 9.99 PO @ gamestop
Aggressive Inline - 4.99 or less at many, many places
Corvette - 9.99 @ bb (Thanks epobirs)

At 30 for XBox..

Armed & Dangerous - Retails 19, used can be had for 9 (Shrike)
Wrath Unleashed - BB blew it out for 9.99, retail is 19
Project Gotham Racing 2 - Retails @ 19
Max Payne 2 - 9.99 @ ebgames.com
Rallisport Challenge 2 - Retails @ 19
Alias - 5 @ ebgames.com
The Suffering - Retails for 19

At 40 for XBox..

NFL Street - Retails 19
Kill.Switch - $4.99 @ ebgames.com
Thief - Deadly Shadows - 17 used @ gamefly.com
Fatal Frame - Uh, TRU had this for 25 new the other day..
NBA Ballers - Retails 29, can be gotten for 19
Unreal 2 - $20 or less
Second Sight - Retails 19
Drake - Retails for 19/16.99, saw it used for 9 at local Hastings (Thanks, Lowgear)
Broken Sword, Sleeping Dragon - 9.99 @ outpost.com, 12.99 preplayed at EB (Thanks, Shrike4242)

At 50 for XBox..

Ninja Gaiden - Can be gotten way cheaper
Need for Speed: Underground - Will drop in two or three weeks
Red Dead Revolver - Under 20 used @ gamefly
Sudeki - Retails 29, saw it used today for 15
Star Wars Jedi Outcast - Retails for 29
Shadow Ops - Retails 19
Maximum Chase - ARE THEY fuckING KIDDING ME!? 9.99 or less used!!!

At 20 for GC..

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg - 19 IS MSRP, but it can be had for cheaper

At 30 for GC..

Animal Crossing - Retails 19
Smash Bros Melee - Retails 19
Mario Sunshins - Retails 19
MGS: Twin Snakes - Retails 19
NCAA Football 2004 - 9.99 used @ gamestop.com
Hitman 2 - Retails 19
NCAA Football 2K3 - Hahhahaahahaha!! 8.99 or less

At 40 for GC..

NFL Street - Retails 19
Resident Evil 2 - Most CompUSA's have this for 29

At 50 for GC..

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Retails for 19
Kirby's Airride - Retails 19
Skies of Arcadia: Legends - Retails 19
Need for Speed: Underground - Drops to 19 in two or three weeks
Wave Race - HAHAHA!!! Retails 19, 11.99 used at Gamestop.com
1080 Avalanche - 9.99 @ ebgames.com, 19 used at Gamestop
Gladius - Retails 29 or 19
Ultimate Muscle - Retails 19
Transworld Surf: The Next Wave - 19 used @ gamestop
Virtua Striker 2002 - 17.99 @ gamestop.com used
Army Men: Air Combat - The Elite Missions - 8.99 used @ gamestop.com

Scorch, thanks for the great list.
I will add it to the OP, probably attached as a text file.

sir_ricedom, that is a good question.
The fine print on the EA rebate mentions its not good with any other promotion, so it sounds like EA has grounds to reject your rebate if you decide to give it a shot.

If you do post it, please reword it a little from Scorch's orginal post on the subject.

It's a great idea he had, and telling people about places where the games are drastically less is awesome, but in his original post, there is somewhat of an allegation of malicious intent by TRU,

But other than that, it's a great list and ridiculously helpful.

[quote name='sir_ricedom']Does anyone know if this offer is valid with the Buy 2 get 1 free deal w/ the EA sport rebate offer?[/quote]

It should be.....you will have to cut the UPC out of the games though, thus...you can never trade them in probably

I will pass now....saving money anyways, and there is nothing for XBOX I really want. Maybe if it worked on PRE-ORDERS online....

I'm good for now.

Since you can't pre-order games, can you just, say, get one you don't really want and return it a little later. Or is something like that frowned upon? I figure I can get a friend to partner up with me if GGIsuka is in the equation, but otherwise, 3 games is too much for a guy like me who plays one every several months. Especially when I've got Halo 2 pre-ordered.

Edit: Nm, found my answer in the original thread.

[quote name='heninhingis']Doen anyone know if the prices on Toysrus website are the same as instore. Thanks[/quote]
can't say for sure, but they shouldn't be. I was there yesterday and Zelda: WW was $20, and online it says it's $50 (!!) so unless they RAISED the price in store, it's different. Won't know for sure until tomorrow morning though.

[quote name='shrike4242']Scorch, here's another one for the "blacklist"

I think it's findable used for less than $39.99[/quote]

I disagree. Both gamestop and EB sell this game for $40, and not many people has gamerush near by.

Would it be possible for me to get two copies of GTA:SA and a third game?? Is this allowed? I have asked this before, but unfortunately no replies.

[quote name='shadow711711']Would it be possible for me to get two copies of GTA:SA and a third game?? Is this allowed? I have asked this before, but unfortunately no replies.[/quote]

Shouldn't be a problem if you do it in-store.

hmm, time for the horse to do some online shopping...

well the BB GGC seems to be a slightly better deal in the end, however, the horse bets you won't see certain games at BB in this lifetime. So, away he goes... let's see midway treasures 2, serious sam, and ... ah, the horse doesn't have Vietiful Joe or Prince of Persia yet, decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']hmm, time for the horse to do some online shopping...

well the BB GGC seems to be a slightly better deal in the end, however, the horse bets you won't see certain games at BB in this lifetime. So, away he goes... let's see midway treasures 2, serious sam, and ... ah, the horse doesn't have Vietiful Joe or Prince of Persia yet, decisions, decisions.[/quote]

:grouphug:

ok, we've huddled (..... not hugged... nope, not hugged at all)... we have a question. how would the GGC be a better deal? $5 off right? or is there something I'm missing there. Also odd because my best buy has a better selection than my TRU. FI, my BB had Katamari Damacy and Guilty Gear #Reloaded while TRU had neither.

Hmm horse might just be better off waiting for meijer's next buy 1 get 1 half off sale. Such a fickle horse today. Well only way to go is for the goods, horse needs Prince of Persia and his classic mortal kombat, time to place an order.

I went today and they were doing the sale already... i got:

Men of Valor
GTA: SA
Burnout 3

Donkey konga
SW Battlefront
Paper Mario

Thug
ESPN NHL 2k5
Luigi's Mansion

With my coupon for $20 off a $50 purchase and my gf discount card... i got all that for $220.15

[quote name='onetrackmind']I went today and they were doing the sale already... i got:

Men of Valor
GTA: SA
Burnout 3

Donkey konga
SW Battlefront
Paper Mario

Thug
ESPN NHL 2k5
Luigi's Mansion

With my coupon for $20 off a $50 purchase and my gf discount card... i got all that for $220.15[/quote]

GTA SA? They let you do a pre-order?

I went to my local TRU and the deal was not active yet. Still picked up a good lot of games to exchange for the sale tomorrow. This afternoon, we were out in the country visiting our new homesite and stopped by a TRU in the area. The deal was ON! I bought games there and exchanged the ones I bought earlier for the sale prices. :)

My haul for today:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $49.99
Shadow Hearts Covenant $49.99
Pokemon Colosseum FREE
Donkey Konga w/drums $49.99
Fable $49.99
Burnout 3 Takedown FREE
Sly 2 Band of Thieves $39.99
Outrun 2 $39.99
Bujingai: The Forsaken City FREE
Zoids Battle Legends $29.99
Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay $29.99
Baulder's Gate II FREE
KOTOR (not PH) $19.99
Red Faction II $9.99
Magic Pengel FREE
Stretch Panic $7.49
Metropolismania $7.49
Frequency FREE

Averaged $21.38 per game! Incredible! My kids are going nuts and I'm very happy with the purchase. Yet another huge savings that I owe to the CAG Community.

Thank you CheapyD and the rest of you video game nutjobs. What a great place this is. :)

I don't think they're sold out, there's just something up with the links. Do a search for the games you want, and there's a list of games in the other thread.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I don't think they're sold out, there's just something up with the links. Do a search for the games you want, and there's a list of games in the other thread.[/quote]
I clicked a the links on the main page and it didn't work.. but when I just clicked them in this thread.. it did. @.@ thanks though.

[quote name='hohndog']I went to my local TRU and the deal was not active yet. Still picked up a good lot of games to exchange for the sale tomorrow. This afternoon, we were out in the country visiting our new homesite and stopped by a TRU in the area. The deal was ON! I bought games there and exchanged the ones I bought earlier for the sale prices. :)

My haul for today:

Pokemon Colosseum FREE
Fable $49.99
Burnout 3 Takedown FREE
Outrun 2 $39.99
Baulder's Gate II FREE
KOTOR (not PH) $19.99
Red Faction II $9.99
Magic Pengel FREE
Stretch Panic $7.49
Metropolismania $7.49
Frequency FREE

Averaged $21.38 per game! Incredible! My kids are going nuts and I'm very happy with the purchase. Yet another huge savings that I owe to the CAG Community.

Thank you CheapyD and the rest of you video game nutjobs. What a great place this is. :)[/quote]

Damn, that's a lot of dough....

By the way, yours had Shin? I can't find it at mine./ Went Friday. I'll go tomorrow and if it's there Ill have to choose between it and Phantom Brave.

The way I see it, if they have the Phantom Brave collectors edition I'll get that, if not I'll get Shin if it's there.

[quote name='hohndog']I went to my local TRU and the deal was not active yet. Still picked up a good lot of games to exchange for the sale tomorrow. This afternoon, we were out in the country visiting our new homesite and stopped by a TRU in the area. The deal was ON! I bought games there and exchanged the ones I bought earlier for the sale prices. :)

My haul for today:

Pokemon Colosseum FREE
Fable $49.99
Burnout 3 Takedown FREE
Outrun 2 $39.99
Baulder's Gate II FREE
KOTOR (not PH) $19.99
Red Faction II $9.99
Magic Pengel FREE
Stretch Panic $7.49
Metropolismania $7.49
Frequency FREE

Thank you CheapyD and the rest of you video game nutjobs. What a great place this is. :)[/quote]

jesus, thats still $400 or so on video games, I don't understand how people have enough time to play all these games? and all those games certainly will not encourage the kids to go outside and play like they should be doing!

Anyone want to split this deal with me? I only want one $49.99 game. We can go to the store together or just send games through the mail.

I am located on the south shore of nassau country new york (I also commute to brooklyn every day).

PM me if you want to do this.

I had a few questions about the sale, so I called up TRU. I talked to the guy and he said:

You can buy two games tomorrow or Monday and come back to get the third game that isn't released until Tuesday. (San Andreas, Ace Combat 05)

You can pre-order the third game to make sure you get a copy. (If necessary)

I am going to go to TRU tomorrow morning and pick up Paper Mario and Fable. I am also going to reserve San Andreas for 5 bucks so I'm guaranteed a copy. I will go back on Tuesday to pick it up. Hopefully this helps anyone else who had these questions.

Cool, thanks. It helps. (Might want to get Halo 2 or Dead or Alive Ultimate later on)

Also, is there any exceptions to the rule where we can mix and match systems? Anyone ever see a TRU bend on this particular rule?

[quote name='62t'][quote name='shrike4242']Scorch, here's another one for the "blacklist"

I disagree. Both gamestop and EB sell this game for $40, and not many people has gamerush near by.[/quote]

Gamecrazy also has it for $19.99.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='62t'][quote name='shrike4242']Scorch, here's another one for the "blacklist"

I disagree. Both gamestop and EB sell this game for $40, and not many people has gamerush near by.[/quote]

Gamecrazy also has it for $19.99.[/quote]

so does Best Buy

and I have one in my tradelist!!

[quote name='Trakan']I had a few questions about the sale, so I called up TRU. I talked to the guy and he said:

You can buy two games tomorrow or Monday and come back to get the third game that isn't released until Tuesday. (San Andreas, Ace Combat 05)

You can pre-order the third game to make sure you get a copy. (If necessary)

I am going to go to TRU tomorrow morning and pick up Paper Mario and Fable. I am also going to reserve San Andreas for 5 bucks so I'm guaranteed a copy. I will go back on Tuesday to pick it up. Hopefully this helps anyone else who had these questions.[/quote]

[quote name='Requiem']Cool, thanks. It helps. (Might want to get Halo 2 or Dead or Alive Ultimate later on)

Also, is there any exceptions to the rule where we can mix and match systems? Anyone ever see a TRU bend on this particular rule?[/quote]

Sorry if my post was confusing, but I don't think it will work for Halo 2 or DOA: Ultimate. I meant games being released this week, like San Andreas and Ace Combat 05, so you don't miss out on the other 2 games being out of stock. Again, sorry.

Anyone know if it'll work if the game is coming out 2 days after the sale? I would like to get King Of Fighter 02/03 for free but it comes out on Nov 2

Ok, this is gonna be a huge YMMV, but it seems that TRU is going to allow you to exchange games for games that aren't out yet. It has been left up to the store director to decide, but they want every guest to leave happy. So for those who do want to exchange one of the games for Halo 2, you may get your chance. As long as it's within the 45 day return policy, I expect many stores will let you trade one of the games for any other game if you want. Also, this should actually ring up on the receipt as 2 games at $49.99 and one at $0.00 instead of $33 each.

So if I want to get X-men Legends, Burnout 3, and GTA San Andreas tomorrow, I can put down a full price on the pre-order and get my either X-men or Burnout for free? I'll try it tomorrow and will report back ASAP.

[quote name='Requiem']Also, is there any exceptions to the rule where we can mix and match systems? Anyone ever see a TRU bend on this particular rule?[/quote]

Not online, but you can at B&M. Just separate into groups of 3 by price and pay for them in separate transactions. Otherwise, your cheaper games will be free, vs. on of the more expensive games. I'm going back later in the week to snag a few more. I bought 21 last year when this sale happened, and I'm only up to 18 today. Can't short myself, lol.

bread's done
Back