[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='guerrila_gamer'][quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer'][quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer']Is the B2G1 free deals over at toysrus.com? Seems like it.[/quote]

Nah. Got a while yet. It runs through Saturday (Oct. 30).[/quote]

Hmm. I've been clicking on these links and it all says unavailable.[/quote]

I think the site's just down right now, because the main page isn't loading right now either. Give it a bit.[/quote]

Yeah but I could've sworn I saw 10 minutes earlier that it said all sold out and icurrently unavailable. We shall see though.[/quote]

Their site was being a POS last night for me, when you'd go through the pages for the different groups of games, it would error out and say it wasn't available. Their site is getting hammered, I think, from the people looking on the website for the stuff they can't find, like Shadow Hearts Covenant, Phantom Brave, and so on.[/quote]

Yeah I guess your right. The site is not only being hammered but you can't even enter Amazon without the page not loading.

I picked up Otogi, Robotic Alchemic Drive, and Fatal Frame (XBOX) for $47 and change. It didn't matter in what order she rang up the games, I still got the lowest priced game free. I held onto RAD -- since it was the highest price -- until she rang up the other two. She scanned RAD last and it still gave me Otogi (the cheapest game) free.

The XBOX value games were pretty much gone. I found four total in the store -- there were tons of crappy PS2 values titles though.

[quote name='tubtub']GTA:SA is $49.99 at most stores. I didn't think any of the TRUs would charge $54.99 as they tried doing that last year with some of the games. Madden was $54.99 at a few test stores to see if people would pay more for it, but it didn't work like they hoped.

Funniest thing they've done...they have their new low price signs on items whenever they drop in price. Well, the price change for the Operation board game was $11.95, but it was $9.95 before the price change, yet they want a new low price sign up on it. Hopefully it was a mistake but since it's that time of year I don't think so.[/quote]

Isn't this the same thing that K-Bee toys got busted for a while ago? It led to them having a big sale to offset the "damages" caused by upping their prices and then displaying a sales tag on it.

[quote name='soundwave']I picked up Otogi, Robotic Alchemic Drive, and Fatal Frame (XBOX) for $47 and change. It didn't matter in what order she rang up the games, I still got the lowest priced game free. I held onto RAD -- since it was the highest price -- until she rang up the other two. She scanned RAD last and it still gave me Otogi (the cheapest game) free.

The XBOX value games were pretty much gone. I found four total in the store -- there were tons of crappy PS2 values titles though.[/quote]

what were the prices of the games? also, were any of them green tag games? the only way to get a "discount" using green tag games is to pick one that will be less than the regular price of the other game(s) after the price is halved. ie, if you buy two normal $30 games, get a green tag game at $30, and the total will be (or would've been) $45 + tax.

[quote name='Galanthas'][quote name='rapsodist']Trakan, you've actually gotten your local CC and BB to match the TRU B2G1 sale? I've never heard of that... But I may have misinterpreted what you were saying.[/quote]

My local BB matched the offer for me yesterday morning. The CC I usually go to wouldn't match it because it said "while supplies last" in the ad, which is a crock. If you go to BB just find a drone and ask for the manager, always ask the manager about PM's etc., drones are worthless 99% of the time.[/quote]

Dear lord! If I would have known this was possible I would have gotten GTA:SA, Paper Mario, and DK (free) plus a $5 GH game to boot. As it stands, I only have GTA:SA and THUG. :cry:

I may have to go back and try this again. I just need another game...ah, Phantom Brave!

My wife is going to kill me...

[quote name='lebowsky']Dear lord! If I would have known this was possible I would have gotten GTA:SA, Paper Mario, and DK (free) plus a $5 GH game to boot. As it stands, I only have GTA:SA and THUG. :cry:

I may have to go back and try this again. I just need another game...ah, Phantom Brave!

My wife is going to kill me...[/quote]

BB probably wouldn't let you get the $5 GH game in conjunction with the B2G1 match.

My preference would be to try CC, since they should match it + 10% on the two non-free games.

Went over to the TRU here in fort wayne. Green tags are almost all wipped out (well now) I was able to find some fighter game SNK 2000/2001 something like that and 2 Motor trends for the xbox ... TOTAL 29.96 (after tax) took them over to FYE and got 71.00 not bad for 20 mins of work...

Well, Fry's ad for today has no sale price on GTA, and I don't think I need to bother waiting for Friday's ad. I might as well pick it up at TRU tomorrow when they put it on their shelves.

You guys must have some easygoing BB and CC employees, 'cause when I try that sort of stuff at my local franchises, it's a no-go. They say it's store policy to only match sale prices, not special offers. So the only way that they would price-match B2G1 is if TRU advertised it as being "every $50 game priced at $33.33" and so on.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='soundwave']I picked up Otogi, Robotic Alchemic Drive, and Fatal Frame (XBOX) for $47 and change. It didn't matter in what order she rang up the games, I still got the lowest priced game free. I held onto RAD -- since it was the highest price -- until she rang up the other two. She scanned RAD last and it still gave me Otogi (the cheapest game) free.

The XBOX value games were pretty much gone. I found four total in the store -- there were tons of crappy PS2 values titles though.[/quote]

what were the prices of the games? also, were any of them green tag games? the only way to get a "discount" using green tag games is to pick one that will be less than the regular price of the other game(s) after the price is halved. ie, if you buy two normal $30 games, get a green tag game at $30, and the total will be (or would've been) $45 + tax.[/quote]

All 3 were green tags: Otogi green-tagged at $29.99, RAD was $49.99 and Fatal Frame was $39.95. I was looking for three games at the same price point to maximize savings, but no luck. These are three games that I've had on my must get list for a long time so I was stoked anyway.

I ended up paying $24.99 for RAD, $19.97 for Fatal Frame and Otogi was free. Tax was $2.70. Total = $47.66. Average cost per game = $15.88.

[quote name='soundwave'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='soundwave']I picked up Otogi, Robotic Alchemic Drive, and Fatal Frame (XBOX) for $47 and change. It didn't matter in what order she rang up the games, I still got the lowest priced game free. I held onto RAD -- since it was the highest price -- until she rang up the other two. She scanned RAD last and it still gave me Otogi (the cheapest game) free.

what were the prices of the games? also, were any of them green tag games? the only way to get a "discount" using green tag games is to pick one that will be less than the regular price of the other game(s) after the price is halved. ie, if you buy two normal $30 games, get a green tag game at $30, and the total will be (or would've been) $45 + tax.[/quote]

All 3 were green tags: Otogi green-tagged at $29.99, RAD was $49.99 and Fatal Frame was $39.95. I was looking for three games at the same price point to maximize savings, but no luck. These are three games that I've had on my must get list for a long time so I was stoked anyway.

I ended up paying $24.99 for RAD, $19.97 for Fatal Frame and Otogi was free. Tax was $2.70. Total = $47.66. Average cost per game = $15.88.[/quote]

you got a great deal for those games ;)

Just Got back with another 3 games!

Paper Mario (GC)
GTA: SA(PS2)
Taiko Drum Master (PS2) (TRU just got it in).

Edit: Now my house is full of drums :)

[quote name='rapsodist']Trakan, you've actually gotten your local CC and BB to match the TRU B2G1 sale? I've never heard of that... But I may have misinterpreted what you were saying.[/quote]

I don't know, yet. Look at the past few pages, and some people have gotten their BB and CC's to PM. I figured I'd give it a try.

Just to let you know I hit the TRU in Newark. Mostly they're stacked with stuff still.

They had a table full of Donkey Koonga, plenty of San Andreas. They're a ltitle thin on some titles, but a lot is still there.

No Shin MT :( They never carried it.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Just to let you know I hit the TRU in ENark. Mostly they're stacked with stuff still.

They had a table full of Donkey Koonga, plenty of San Andreas. They're a ltitle thin on some titles, but a lot is still there.

No Shin MT :( They never carried it.[/quote]

That's why I ended up ordering Shin MT, Phantom Brave and Star Ocean from TRU.com, since I was thinking that the only one I'd seen at TRU around here was Star Ocean. And for that, I was right.

I fell short on doing this deal. If my TRU would have had ESPN NBA 2k5 for the XBOX I would have done that NHL 2k5 and a nicktoons eyetoy game for my kids for christmas. There was a decent stock in my store though it seemed NBA 2k5 was th eonly game out of stock that I saw and this was on a Thursday. I almost did manhunt instead but I couldn't bring myself to do it

I just got back from the Porter Ranch TRU where I picked up GTA:SA, Ace Combat 5, and Sly 2. Unfortunately, they were out of Fatal Frame 2, or I would have picked that up instead of Sly 2.

Just came back from Campbell, CA TRU and got Jak II, Ratchet n Clank:GC and ESPN 2K5. Actually saw about 3 copies of Katamari Damacy there and would have picked one up if I didnt already have it...but I have seen a lot of discussion on whether or not TRU is carrying it...and yes, some are but I think it is major YMMV.

[quote name='bigsyxxy']Just came back from Campbell, CA TRU and got Jak II, Ratchet n Clank:GC and ESPN 2K5. Actually saw about 3 copies of Katamari Damacy there and would have picked one up if I didnt already have it...but I have seen a lot of discussion on whether or not TRU is carrying it...and yes, some are but I think it is major YMMV.[/quote]

too bad it's not at the ones I visited.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='bigsyxxy']Just came back from Campbell, CA TRU and got Jak II, Ratchet n Clank:GC and ESPN 2K5. Actually saw about 3 copies of Katamari Damacy there and would have picked one up if I didnt already have it...but I have seen a lot of discussion on whether or not TRU is carrying it...and yes, some are but I think it is major YMMV.[/quote]

too bad it's not at the ones I visited.[/quote]

No kidding, man. Wish mine had it. I'll have to break down and order it at some point.

[quote name='jlarlee']I fell short on doing this deal. If my TRU would have had ESPN NBA 2k5 for the XBOX I would have done that NHL 2k5 and a nicktoons eyetoy game for my kids for christmas. There was a decent stock in my store though it seemed NBA 2k5 was th eonly game out of stock that I saw and this was on a Thursday. I almost did manhunt instead but I couldn't bring myself to do it[/quote]Why do you keep repeating yourself?

I just talked to a guy at my TRU who said he's got a shipment of DOA Ultimate in a box he just needs to unpack and move to stock. Although I never totally believe store employees over the phone anymore, but I'm hopeful. I'm planning to do an exchange as soon as they have it in stock. Has anyone else seen DOA Ultimate in their local TRU?

I called my TRU and they said DoA:U is in limbo. Should have shipped today but didn't, same for EB. EB.com says its shipping though so I'm hopeful it will be out in the next couple of days. Still waiting for it to release so I can get in on this deal.

If DoA: U isn't out by friday I'm screwed in grabbing that game until next year. I'll buy it at 33.33 but I won't at 50 (I have a rule of thumb for my games where they won't be purchased unless 30-35 new or used as a new title...I make out pretty good too :p).

Picked up Ace Combat 5, MegaTen: Nocturne and GTA: San Andreas. If they get DoAU in by friday I'll pick up that along with Shadow Hearts Covenant and either Star Ocean or Paper Mario (probably mario, my GC needs some lubbin).

[quote name='"Benaorn"']Does anyone TRU have Otogi 2?[/quote]

...it is online, however nobody has posted that they saw it in store yet.

DOA will never be released, Team Ninja will claim only true ninja/samurais can understand the complexities of the game, and only sell it to people in Japan/China, Tom Cruise maybe....

I'm going to see about Shadow Hearts Covenant tomorrow but I wanna play the first one first.
I know this is a bit offtopic but I'm buying 2 used games and getting 1 free used at Gamestop tomorrow. Looking at the 20-30 range I'm going to pick up Shadow Hearts, Splint Cell PT, and any suggestions for a third game?

[quote name='masha']Just Got back with another 3 games!

Paper Mario (GC)

Edit: Now my house is full of drums :)[/quote]

how much is taiko over there? they selling it for 65.99 thats so overpriced

Thanks CAG I picked up 6 games from TRU:

Eternal Darkness 49.99-24.99
Waverace Blue Storm 49.9-24.99
Pikmin 2 0.00
Buffy 29.99-14.99
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 8 29.99-14.99
Wario Ware GC 0.00

Total 86.56 for 6 games.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Thanks CAG I picked up 6 games from TRU:

Pikmin 2 0.00
Buffy 29.99-14.99
Wario Ware GC 0.00

Total 86.56 for 6 games.[/quote]

Great score.

I wouldn't be surprised if Team Ninja pushed back the release of DOA Ultimate by another week or two. They did this at the very last minute on their last two releases.

OK my TRU spree ended today:

La Pucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave, Paper Mario - $50 set
Jak, Rachet, Sly - $20 set
Onimusha 3, Riddick, and Sonic Adventure Combo Pack - $30 set

$5 PS2 Sled Storm (canadian version. came bundled with semi-oversized french booklet. weird. "only in NY kids, only in NY") :D

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha']Just Got back with another 3 games!

Paper Mario (GC)

how much is taiko over there? they selling it for 65.99 thats so overpriced[/quote]

It was $59.99. That's a retail price AFAIK.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha']Just Got back with another 3 games!

Paper Mario (GC)

how much is taiko over there? they selling it for 65.99 thats so overpriced[/quote]

It was $59.99. That's a retail price AFAIK.[/quote]

i was at times square and they said its 65.99 even goes for DDR extreme bundle. i asked for the new time crisis, they said they dont carry them. they overpriced many games. i think the platinum pack for MK:Deception costs the same. Megaman command mission costs 54.99. i bought jak2, rachet 2, and kirby air ride. they selling jak 2 for 21.99.

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha']Just Got back with another 3 games!

Paper Mario (GC)

i was at times square and they said its 65.99 even goes for DDR extreme bundle. i asked for the new time crisis, they said they dont carry them. they overpriced many games. i think the platinum pack for MK:Deception costs the same. Megaman command mission costs 54.99. i bought jak2, rachet 2, and kirby air ride. they selling jak 2 for 21.99.[/quote]

I can scan a TRU reciept with Taiko and post it here, so you can have a proof. LMK

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha']Just Got back with another 3 games!

Paper Mario (GC)

i was at times square and they said its 65.99 even goes for DDR extreme bundle. i asked for the new time crisis, they said they dont carry them. they overpriced many games. i think the platinum pack for MK:Deception costs the same. Megaman command mission costs 54.99. i bought jak2, rachet 2, and kirby air ride. they selling jak 2 for 21.99.[/quote]

That's insane. I remember buying Wave Race 64 from TRU at $64.99, but that was a cartridge. Sucks that they raise the price.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Thanks CAG I picked up 6 games from TRU:

Pikmin 2 0.00
Buffy 29.99-14.99
Wario Ware GC 0.00

Total 86.56 for 6 games.[/quote]

Weird... both Wave Race and Eternal Darkness were at least $15 cheaper at my store before the 50% off.

okay here what I got
ratchet and clank going commando
jak 2
ty the tasmanian tiger 2 bush rescue free
btw scahmi what you doing with my game collection
on your post

Great deal here. I went to TRU today and got Romance of the three kingdoms and two more games for a little over 32 dollars. I went and sold Romance for $27 to FYE and got most of my money back. Ended up with two quality games for 4 dollars. Rock on dude!

[quote name='masha'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='masha']Just Got back with another 3 games!

Paper Mario (GC)

I can scan a TRU reciept with Taiko and post it here, so you can have a proof. LMK[/quote]

i believe u, its just that times square always overpriced stuff. some TRU in NYC dont do that.

[quote name='Vicious']Great deal here. I went to TRU today and got Romance of the three kingdoms and two more games for a little over 32 dollars. I went and sold Romance for $27 to FYE and got most of my money back. Ended up with two quality games for 4 dollars. Rock on dude![/quote]

I wish I had a gamerush, I have a lot of old games that need to be traded in so I can make room for the new stuff. Anyway, I should have waited until this sale before buying the green tag items. I got Klonoa GBA a month ago when I could have tried to get it in the BOGO. Although, I think they sold out of it a week ago.

I think I actually went a little overboard on this sale, I'm planning on taking some of the games back today. All I'll probably end up keeping out of the 12 or so games I bought is Paper Mario 2, Shadow Hearts Covenant, and Star Ocean. I realized I'm not going to play more than half of the other games until much later if at all, so by then they'll probably be discounted anyways.

[quote name='icemanjmw13']I think I actually went a little overboard on this sale, I'm planning on taking some of the games back today. All I'll probably end up keeping out of the 12 or so games I bought is Paper Mario 2, Shadow Hearts Covenant, and Star Ocean. I realized I'm not going to play more than half of the other games until much later if at all, so by then they'll probably be discounted anyways.[/quote]

Ah, the cheap ass gamer's remorse. :oops:

Gotta watch that binging and purging.

Well, didn't think I was going to take part in this sale, but picked up a couple games at rock-bottom prices. I grabbed:

PN03 (Gamecube) $19.99
MGS2 Substance (Xbox) $14.99
MDK 2 (PS2) $14.90

All three were green tag games so my total was ~$18 with tax. Not a bad deal -- I figured if I hate any of these, I can trade them in to EB or GameStop during the holiday rush.

[quote name='trunks982']

i believe u, its just that times square always overpriced stuff. some TRU in NYC dont do that.[/quote]

I remember I was at that TRU on the opening day. Man! It hUUUUge! And location is one of the most expensive locations in the world. That's a reason they overprice everything.

[quote name='ToddlerTN']I just talked to a guy at my TRU who said he's got a shipment of DOA Ultimate in a box he just needs to unpack and move to stock. Although I never totally believe store employees over the phone anymore, but I'm hopeful. I'm planning to do an exchange as soon as they have it in stock. Has anyone else seen DOA Ultimate in their local TRU?[/quote]
My TRU stockboy is a liar. So far this game is vaporware.

[quote name='ToddlerTN'][quote name='ToddlerTN']I just talked to a guy at my TRU who said he's got a shipment of DOA Ultimate in a box he just needs to unpack and move to stock. Although I never totally believe store employees over the phone anymore, but I'm hopeful. I'm planning to do an exchange as soon as they have it in stock. Has anyone else seen DOA Ultimate in their local TRU?[/quote]
My TRU stockboy is a liar. So far this game is vaporware.

Wrong.

[quote name='shibby72']Anyone know there date for getting in DOAU ? Im @ work and get placed on hold forever when call[/quote]

I called my TRU today, and the guy said it should hopefully be there at around 12 or 2 when their truck comes and they finish unloading it.

bread's done
Back