[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

[quote name='Indonesia'][quote name='help1']can you buy 2 of the same games? liek if my friend gets GTA SA and NBA live adn he gets GTA as his free game, will that be able to happen[/quote]

yes you can.[/quote]

I've heard some stores won't let you. Some will let you get as many as you want, some have limits of 2 or 3.

2 probably is doable. i managed to get 3 copies of gta 3 seperate times, by luck. they just dont want resellers abusing it. i dont think i did, i just did a bulk buy for a bunch of us who wanted it. but most of the places that have limits have it at 2 or 3, so dont worry unless your trying to get 3+

I was at Toys R Us on Wed. and was in line behind a cop. He had 6 (six) copies of GTA SA for a total of $210. Of course, they didn't stop him from buying multiple copies. For everyone who has vowed to punch out hoarders ... would you have done it? :D

I just thought it was funny that a cop was buying it and probably five other copies for his fellow officers.

[quote name='bradr']I was at Toys R Us on Wed. and was in line behind a cop. He had 6 (six) copies of GTA SA for a total of $210. Of course, they didn't stop him from buying multiple copies. For everyone who has vowed to punch out hoarders ... would you have done it? :D

I just thought it was funny that a cop was buying it and probably five other copies for his fellow officers.[/quote]

Hopefully he wasn't on duty.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Eh? What?']I love how half the games I ordered online on Sunday now have free shipping. The pain, the pain.[/quote]

I sent a email to Amazon about it, told them that what 2 of the three games I bought on Saturday at $29.99 now had free shipping, and I wanted to ask for that part of the shipping back. They sent me an email that said they were giving me the whole shipping back. $6.37 instead of $4.31, but hey, they're the ones who are giving me the money back.

Send them an email through their form, and tell them what you bought, tell them which ones specifically (sending them a URL showing the game with free shipping) have free shipping on them, figure out what the shipping charges would be on those titles, and ask for that amount back.

It only takes the time of the email and you might get something back.[/quote]

I e-mailed them as you suggested, and I must have gotten the same representative you got. He/She (I couldn't tell which from the name) said I'd get a full refund on the shipping. Thanks, shrike4242. :D

I've posted in a couple other threads about this now, but I'm looking for VF4:Evo in a Chicagoland TRU before this sale ends later today. I'll be calling and driving on Saturday soon enough, but any early responses would be appreciated. (I'm trying to add the green-tag VF4 to GG X2 #Reload and another $20 game, though a $5 copy at Target would work, too.)

And, say, does CC accept the GGC for something like GG? (Gotta love the acronymns...) Thanks in advance.

Yes you have to love acronyms that perhaps some people (such as myself) don't understand, therefore making it less likely that people will be able to help answer your question. So keep using acronyms and chatspeak and think how much more help you could get without them.

[quote name='dpac']I've posted in a couple other threads about this now, but I'm looking for VF4:Evo in a Chicagoland TRU before this sale ends later today. I'll be calling and driving on Saturday soon enough, but any early responses would be appreciated. (I'm trying to add the green-tag VF4 to GG X2 #Reload and another $20 game, though a $5 copy at Target would work, too.)

And, say, does CC accept the GGC for something like GG? (Gotta love the acronymns...) Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Can't help you with Chicago TRU, but as for Circuit City accepting a GGC, others have reported it being possible (ymmv). If GGX2 is at the very least a $19.99 game it ideally should work as well.

I bought Mojo and two Namco Museums from the bulk Xbox section for $10 total. I wanted Pac-Man World 2, but it wouldn't work. Has anyone here been able to buy PW2 for $5?

He was probably on a vigilante mission.

[quote name='bradr']I was at Toys R Us on Wed. and was in line behind a cop. He had 6 (six) copies of GTA SA for a total of $210. Of course, they didn't stop him from buying multiple copies. For everyone who has vowed to punch out hoarders ... would you have done it? :D

I just thought it was funny that a cop was buying it and probably five other copies for his fellow officers.[/quote]

Well, I'm done. I've visited two Toys'R'Us in the past day, and they both didn't have the games that I wanted (Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, and Katamari Damacy). The ironic thing was, the first one had a copy of Zelda but no VJ. The second one had Viewtiful Joe but no Zelda. And neither had Katamari in. I thought that was pretty funny. I guess I'll be skipping the TRU deal again this year. I should have gone earlier in the week, but there was just so much schoolword.

Thanks BBB and tubtub, and many others for the heads-up on the sale. I appreciate all that work.

I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread, but all the blue cased X-Box games are 9.99 + 50% green tag + B2G1, making them 3 for 10.

I got Unreal Championship, Namco Muesum, and Rayman Arena. They still had Pac-Man World and Mojo.

You can't pass up 3 dollar games. Has anyone seen other titles in thier stores?

Oh and I would love to go in the game stockroom and start digging. Twice this week I've asked for a game that was not on the shelf or in the case, and waited several minutes while he looked. Yes he did find them but both times complained about the condition of the room.

Makes you wonder what a cheapass could find.

:twisted:

Exchanged my extra Paper Mario 2 for Star Wars Battlefront. Many people had said it's fun so I'm giving it a whirl. Took the exployee a while to find it though.

[quote name='bradr']For everyone who has vowed to punch out hoarders ... would you have done it? :D [/quote]nope, that and the previous 2 GTA are dirt common games

I do believe I just scored a nice haul!!
I had almost gave up on the TRU sale since I didn't go on Sunday, and no TRU had the games I wanted all week. But I gave it 1 last try tonight and found DOA Ultimate, Donkey Konga and Taiko Drum Master!!!

Sorry if this has been asked, but the thread is kinda long and I gotta get off the computer soon. Anyway, is it fairly easy to exchange an unopened game from this sale for something later? I ended up getting a game I didn't want all that much so I could complete the deal, but want to take it back later. I see a few of you guys have returned, so nobody has had any problems?

If I have problems, Wal-Mart would probably take an unopened game without a receipt and give me some store credit wouldn't they?

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='bradr']For everyone who has vowed to punch out hoarders ... would you have done it? :D [/quote]nope, that and the previous 2 GTA are dirt common games[/quote]

Man, it was so rediculously easy to find a copy of whatever new game you were looking for, hoarders or no hoarders. I actually had a tougher time finding certain PS2 Greatest Hits games like Silent Hill 2, Kingdom Hearts or Xenogears.
GTA:SA, Donkey Konga, Shin Megami, DOAU (last day only); these were really easy to score no matter where you went.

Next time one of these sales happen, i'll know damn well how to play my cards. Old games for the first days. Hype games for the last days.

I could go to Best Buy tomorrow and get an price match on buy 2 get 1 free. I asked the girl there today and she said yes and didn't even look at the date of the ad. She just look at the sign on the Ad buy 2 get 1 free.

Here's what I got:

#1 - $40
--
Outlaw Golf 2 (XBX)
Ultra Bust a Move X (XBX)
Whiplash (XBX)

#2 - $60
--
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
Gradius V (PS2)
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)

#3 - $60
--
Apex (XBX)
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (XBX)
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBX)

#4 - $80
--
Rocky: Legends (XBX)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (XBX)
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (XBX)

#5 - $90
--
Kingdom Under Fire (XBX)
Outrun 2 (XBX)
SNK vs Capcom SVC Chaos (XBX)

Any zero hour TRU flying trips under the wire...?

I got there (Toys R Us) at 9:12pm PST, they close at 9:30pm. I got DOA Ultimate (Place holder for Halo 2), AC: Nexxus (PS2), and Red Dead Revolver (Xbox). I just couldn't let the sale pass me buy and not get a free game:) I was going to get 3 more games as place holders for the next wave of new stuff, but I didn't want the hassle. I figured one was enough.

my total haul from the B2G1 sale:

$40:

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
Katamari Damacy (yeah, finally found it!)
Project Gotham Racing 2

$45:

Shinobi
Gradius V
R-Type Final

$50:

Disgaea (x2)
Paper Mario

CAG rocks 8)

as far as under the wire goes, I finished the $40 and $50 sales at roughly 7:30 tonight. close enough to make it exciting and still get to the Halloween party in time.

EDIT:

1000 posts, the heat is on!

Thanks a lot you guys. I went to the local TRU last night right before they closed with 2 of my friends and I ended up getting Tales of Symphonia while both of my friends got the new GTA.

Like most people I went in looking for Katamari Damacy. I had doubts that I would find it. I planned on getting Ratchet & Clank 2, Vice City, and KD.

I go in and the first thing I see is several copies of KD. I happily grab one then look for the other two games. Smile soon turns to a frown as they don't have either of the other games. Ended up not buying anything there.

After that, I went to Gamestop and bought a nice, minty, pre-owned copy of KD. I found it hard to believe that they had a used one already. They told me that someone had actually traded in a PSTwo already as well. WTF?

[quote name='waxHead']my total haul from the B2G1 sale:

$50:

Disgaea (x2)
Paper Mario

CAG rocks 8)

as far as under the wire goes, I finished the $40 and $50 sales at roughly 7:30 tonight. close enough to make it exciting and still get to the Halloween party in time.

EDIT:

1000 posts, the heat is on![/quote]

They moved Disgaea back to $50? :shock: I thought it was green tag game.

BTW. Congrats on your 1000 post..

I really dont get this... People think if you go to STORE A buy a Game 3 Days later go to Store B get it cheaper Take the game back to Store A as ripping off the company and illegal BUT BUYING 3 games in the B2G1 free deal and taking these back 2-4 weeks later to get games that was not part of the deal OKAY.

Either way your ripping the store off but i guess if it works out for that person they dont see what they are doing as WRONG But if someone else does it ILLEGAL

Yesterday I got

Maximo: Ghosts of Glory (non-GH)
Maximo: Army of Zim
Jak II

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Crimson Skies
Luigis Mansion (pc)

added to what i got a Few days ago

GTA: SA
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Tales of Symponia ( Still decdiing weather or not to trade for something else)

Mega Man Collection
Viewtiful Joe (non-PC)
Harvest Moon: A Wondeful Life

Saved about 110 bucks(360 if bought new) overall not to bad. I could have GGC the 20's and came out about the same but that would have been a freakin pain to do and nearly impossable consideing BB's stocking practices.

"I really dont get this... People think"

Yes. That's why we buy a $50 game and then in 2 weeks we will exchange it for a different $50 game. The only reason the games aren't part of the sale is because they aren't out YET. It isn't because TRU doesn't want us to have them for the sale.

I'm exchanging DOA: Ultimate in 2 weeks for Halo 2. They will then sell my copy of DOA for $50 to someone else instead of selling the copy of Halo 2 I exchange it for for $50. Am I moving too fast for you?

If anything it is the buyer who bears the burden; A. I am out $50 right now with no game, B. if I lose the reciept I am stuck with a game I didn't want, C. I have to go back and spend my gas money to exchange it. Plus, I spent $107 I wouldn't have spent otherwise without this process... would they rather I exchange DOA for Halo 2...... or not spend any money in their store? There simply wasn't 3 games I REALLY wanted.

[quote name='slidecage']I really dont get this... People think if you go to STORE A buy a Game 3 Days later go to Store B get it cheaper Take the game back to Store A as ripping off the company and illegal BUT BUYING 3 games in the B2G1 free deal and taking these back 2-4 weeks later to get games that was not part of the deal OKAY.

Either way your ripping the store off but i guess if it works out for that person they dont see what they are doing as WRONG But if someone else does it ILLEGAL[/quote]

Slidecage, there's a huge difference between the crap you pull and what goes on with the B2G1 sale. Try getting your head out of your ass before you open it and toss shite all over the place when you speak.

We've seen you buy games for reduced price and return them elsewhere, such as Walmart, for full price without a receipt. That's fraud, just in case you weren't in the know about it.

Buying a game at TRU, keeping it unopened and returning it within the return period isn't fraud. In fact, three TRU stores I went to told me to do that, and it's official policy for this sale. They told customers, like myself, to do that if there wasn't something that we could get at the time of the sale, due to it being OOS or not available yet. Either way TRU gets the money, and if it's unopened, they don't take a hit on the sale.

Don't compare your fraud activites with that people do under the rules of TRU, as well as under their direction. Don't lump us into the same category as you, jackass.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='waxHead']my total haul from the B2G1 sale:

$50:

Disgaea (x2)
Paper Mario

CAG rocks 8)

EDIT:

BTW. Congrats on your 1000 post..[/quote]

thanks masha ;)

Disgaea still is a green tag game. those numbers of $40, $45, and $50 are the totals for those three sales. I paid a total of $50 for two brand new copies of Disgaea and one Paper Mario.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='slidecage']I really dont get this... People think if you go to STORE A buy a Game 3 Days later go to Store B get it cheaper Take the game back to Store A as ripping off the company and illegal BUT BUYING 3 games in the B2G1 free deal and taking these back 2-4 weeks later to get games that was not part of the deal OKAY.

Either way your ripping the store off but i guess if it works out for that person they dont see what they are doing as WRONG But if someone else does it ILLEGAL[/quote]

Slidecage, there's a huge difference between the crap you pull and what goes on with the B2G1 sale. Try getting your head out of your ass before you open it and toss shite all over the place when you speak.

Buying a game at TRU, keeping it unopened and returning it within the return period isn't fraud. In fact, three TRU stores I went to told me to do that, and it's official policy for this sale. They told customers, like myself, to do that if there wasn't something that we could get at the time of the sale, due to it being OOS or not available yet. Either way TRU gets the money, and if it's unopened, they don't take a hit on the sale.

Don't compare your fraud activites with that people do under the rules of TRU, as well as under their direction. Don't lump us into the same category as you, jackass.[/quote]

you know what SHRIKE4242 You the one who really needs to get your HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS before you open your mouth if you want to use your own words. I HAVE NEVER GOT A GAME CHEAPER AND RETURN IT TO ANOTHER STORE TO GET MORE MONEY THEN I PAID FOR IT. I should slap your ass with SLANDER RIGHT NOW...

MY POINT I Was ASKING (Never did it) was buying a Game from STore 1 and Returing the Game to STore 2 (YOU PAID THE SAME PRICE FOR THE GAME or CHEAPER ) AND I NEVER SAID I DID IT I asked what keeps people from doing it.

get your FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU SAY Something

ALSO
Either way TRU gets the money, and if it's unopened, they don't take a hit on the sale.

WRong games after 10/30 were never to be part of the BUY 2 get 1 free is they were then the B2G1 would never expire.

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='slidecage']I really dont get this... People think if you go to STORE A buy a Game 3 Days later go to Store B get it cheaper Take the game back to Store A as ripping off the company and illegal BUT BUYING 3 games in the B2G1 free deal and taking these back 2-4 weeks later to get games that was not part of the deal OKAY.

Don't compare your fraud activites with that people do under the rules of TRU, as well as under their direction. Don't lump us into the same category as you, jackass.[/quote]

you know what SHRIKE4242 You the one who really needs to get your HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS before you open your mouth if you want to use your own words. I HAVE NEVER GOT A GAME CHEAPER AND RETURN IT TO ANOTHER STORE TO GET MORE MONEY THEN I PAID FOR IT. I should slap your ass with SLANDER RIGHT NOW...

MY POINT I Was ASKING (Never did it) was buying a Game from STore 1 and Returing the Game to STore 2 (YOU PAID THE SAME PRICE FOR THE GAME or CHEAPER ) AND I NEVER SAID I DID IT I asked what keeps people from doing it.

get your FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU SAY Something

ALSO
Either way TRU gets the money, and if it's unopened, they don't take a hit on the sale.

WRong games after 10/30 were never to be part of the BUY 2 get 1 free is they were then the B2G1 would never expire.[/quote]

I always have my fact rights. My English and punctuation as well, though that's another matter for you, it seems. And slander? Damn, that's pretty funny indeed. It's written, so it would be libel, if it was actually lawsuit-worthy. :D

Try looking here for the differences:
http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=libel&x=0&y=0
http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=slander&x=0&y=0

Might do you some good.

I think I made this quote (not by me) on another post:

Arguing with a stranger over the Internet is like winning the Special Olympics - in both cases you're still retarded

I always have my fact rights

so you always have your facts right. Show me where i said im going to go buy a game at a cheaper price and take it back to walmart to get more money then i paid for it. What you said you cant ???? Didnt think so ... case closed

I guess I did miss the posts that explained there was a glitch in the TRU system. I ended up getting two green tagged 50 games, and getting a new release free. Iw as expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90 bucks, but it ended up being $53. I couldn't believe it. If only I ahd known sooner....... :twisted:

I don't get why people even have a big problem with taking to another store, as long as its unopened they can sell it. Its not like you're playing the game and then demanding they give you fifty dollars cash or something. I think the stores as vendors of said games shouldn't have much problem with taking back a product they sell, whether it came from there or not. It's not like they can't send it back.

But who cares anyway, its all capitalism at its finest. :)

[quote name='jaykrue']I think I made this quote (not by me) on another post:

Arguing with a stranger over the Internet is like winning the Special Olympics - in both cases you're still retarded[/quote]

Point well taken. And as I know my IQ is greater than a salad bowl, it's not worth dragging this out further. Slidecage and I agree to disagree. On everything.

Reality's Fringe]I guess I did miss the posts that explained there was a glitch in the TRU system. I ended up getting two green tagged 50 games said:
The TRU system would read the regular price of the green tag game as the starting price, so it would work through it like a "normal" priced game.

I did this for a few games, like KOF 2000/2001, VF:Evo and Sly Cooper.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I don't get why people even have a big problem with taking to another store, as long as its unopened they can sell it. Its not like you're playing the game and then demanding they give you fifty dollars cash or something. I think the stores as vendors of said games shouldn't have much problem with taking back a product they sell, whether it came from there or not. It's not like they can't send it back.

But who cares anyway, its all capitalism at its finest. :)[/quote]

Some stores never update their prices which causes the games at that particular store not to sell. If I bought something for $10 at BB and returned it to Wal-Mart where it still sells for $50, it'd be fraud. While everyone can get the game for $10 at BB there is no reason to buy it for $50 at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart still gives you $50 in credit, and they're stuck with a game they'll never sell. It's wrong, illegal, and fraud.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='masha'][quote name='waxHead']my total haul from the B2G1 sale:

$50:

Disgaea (x2)
Paper Mario

CAG rocks 8)

EDIT:

BTW. Congrats on your 1000 post..[/quote]

thanks masha ;)

Disgaea still is a green tag game. those numbers of $40, $45, and $50 are the totals for those three sales. I paid a total of $50 for two brand new copies of Disgaea and one Paper Mario.[/quote]

Two copies of Disgaea and Paper Mario for $50? I am amazed at TRU's stupidity. :notworth:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I don't get why people even have a big problem with taking to another store, as long as its unopened they can sell it. Its not like you're playing the game and then demanding they give you fifty dollars cash or something. I think the stores as vendors of said games shouldn't have much problem with taking back a product they sell, whether it came from there or not. It's not like they can't send it back.

Some stores never update their prices which causes the games at that particular store not to sell. If I bought something for $10 at BB and returned it to Wal-Mart where it still sells for $50, it'd be fraud. While everyone can get the game for $10 at BB there is no reason to buy it for $50 at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart still gives you $50 in credit, and they're stuck with a game they'll never sell. It's wrong, illegal, and fraud.[/quote]

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

[quote name='Trakan']Thanks Shrike. I can say the same to you for pwning slidecage. :applause:[/quote]

:argue: ](*,) #-o \:D/

I think that sums it up.

Thanks for the props, Trakan. So few times to get away with a pwn without having the wrath of someone on their heads. And sometimes, it's so easy, it's criminal.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I don't get why people even have a big problem with taking to another store, as long as its unopened they can sell it. Its not like you're playing the game and then demanding they give you fifty dollars cash or something. I think the stores as vendors of said games shouldn't have much problem with taking back a product they sell, whether it came from there or not. It's not like they can't send it back.

Some stores never update their prices which causes the games at that particular store not to sell. If I bought something for $10 at BB and returned it to Wal-Mart where it still sells for $50, it'd be fraud. While everyone can get the game for $10 at BB there is no reason to buy it for $50 at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart still gives you $50 in credit, and they're stuck with a game they'll never sell. It's wrong, illegal, and fraud.[/quote]

Not that Id advicating this or trying to prove I have a death wish but...
If the difference is so pronounced between two different stores on the SAME product, arent they kind of "aiding" the frauder? Like wal mart, they never reduce games it seems, never ever. Im not saying this should give us full rights to rape em at the customer service desk, but shouldnt they get a clue and price their product more in line with the market? In which case, their stuff would sell, there'd be little reason to defraud them, and instead of taking tax writes offs, they move and sell product (which is always a good thing in the eyes of a manufacturer (be it a game or towel maker)

Ok bros. Im ready to be burnt up like a weenie now.

[quote name='shrike4242'][If] you buy games for reduced price and return them elsewhere, such as Walmart, for full price without a receipt. That's fraud, just in case you weren't in the know about it.[/quote]
Everyone knows Best Buy will take returns without a receipt for two weeks after Christmas. They even do it most of the time anyway. There are bookstores and other retailers that do the same thing. On the question of fraud, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe it's fraud unless you lie or misrepresent yourself.

I traded twenty used titles to Hastings a few months ago for five brand new games. They didn't have the games I wanted in stock, so I got three copies of NCAA 2005 and two copies of Sudeki. I then took one NCAA and one Sudeki to Best Buy and it went like this:

"I'd like to exchange these for something else."

"No problem, do you know what you're wanting to get instead?"

"Well I'm not sure...."

"I'll give you a store credit then, how's that?"

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

I'm not sure what a lawyer would say, but I don't think that's fraud. Now if they had asked me if I bought them there and I said yes, then that's probably a different story. But if I say no, there's still no fraud.

A few days later, I tried to trade NCAA and Sudeki at EBGames. When they asked me if I bought them there, I said no. They said they couldn't give me full price then, so I said thanks and took them to the same Best Buy I had been at the previous day. This time, I accidentally left a Hastings receipt between the two games, and when the guy behind the counter looked at them, the receipt fell out. If you've ever done a trade at Hastings, you know the receipt clearly states "you traded the following games: xx1, xx2, xx3, xx4 for NCAA 2005" or whatever. So the guy at the returns desk looked it over and laughed and then said "sure, go get whatever you want." Still no fraud there, because I didn't lie to anyone.

I've also bought 7 GGCs, put $1 on each, then rang up 7 different transactions to get $5 off 7 games at BB...all at the same register, same cashier, same time. After each transaction, I would move to the end of the line if there were customers waiting. There's nothing dishonest about doing that, but none of my friends would have the balls to do that, either.

Personally, I don't see much difference in that stuff vs. returning a game 30 days later to TRU so that you can get Halo2 for $33. You're playing a shell game so that you can get Halo2 for 33% off as part of a sale that didn't include Halo2 to begin with. It doesn't make a difference if Halo2 wasn't out when the sale ran, or if you had a TRU employee tell you to do it. So you had someone on the inside who told you how to cheat the system...that doesn't legitimize it at all.

And yes, I may do that also. I'm trying to decide if I keep DOA:U or trade it for Halo2.

As long as you're not lying, I think it's all fair game. It's all a matter of where you draw the line, but I think some of you are fooling yourselves if you think your particular hustle is ethically any different than someone else's.

[quote name='ToddlerTN'][quote name='shrike4242'][If] you buy games for reduced price and return them elsewhere, such as Walmart, for full price without a receipt. That's fraud, just in case you weren't in the know about it.[/quote]
Everyone knows Best Buy will take returns without a receipt for two weeks after Christmas. They even do it most of the time anyway. There are bookstores and other retailers that do the same thing. On the question of fraud, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe it's fraud unless you lie or misrepresent yourself.

I traded twenty used titles to Hastings a few months ago for five brand new games. They didn't have the games I wanted in stock, so I got three copies of NCAA 2005 and two copies of Sudeki. I then took one NCAA and one Sudeki to Best Buy and it went like this:

"I'd like to exchange these for something else."

"No problem, do you know what you're wanting to get instead?"

"Well I'm not sure...."

"I'll give you a store credit then, how's that?"

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

I'm not sure what a lawyer would say, but I don't think that's fraud. Now if they had asked me if I bought them there and I said yes, then that's probably a different story. But if I say no, there's still no fraud.

A few days later, I tried to trade NCAA and Sudeki at EBGames. When they asked me if I bought them there, I said no. They said they couldn't give me full price then, so I said thanks and took them to the same Best Buy I had been at the previous day. This time, I accidentally left a Hastings receipt between the two games, and when the guy behind the counter looked at them, the receipt fell out. If you've ever done a trade at Hastings, you know the receipt clearly states "you traded the following games: xx1, xx2, xx3, xx4 for NCAA 2005" or whatever. So the guy at the returns desk looked it over and laughed and then said "sure, go get whatever you want." Still no fraud there, because I didn't lie to anyone.

I've also bought 7 GGCs, put $1 on each, then rang up 7 different transactions to get $5 off 7 games at BB...all at the same register, same cashier, same time. After each transaction, I would move to the end of the line if there were customers waiting. There's nothing dishonest about doing that, but none of my friends would have the balls to do that, either.

Personally, I don't see much difference in that stuff vs. returning a game 30 days later to TRU so that you can get Halo2 for $33. You're playing a shell game so that you can get Halo2 for 33% off as part of a sale that didn't include Halo2 to begin with. It doesn't make a difference if Halo2 wasn't out when the sale ran, or if you had a TRU employee tell you to do it. So you had someone on the inside who told you how to cheat the system...that doesn't legitimize it at all.

And yes, I may do that also. I'm trying to decide if I keep DOA:U or trade it for Halo2.

As long as you're not lying, I think it's all fair game. It's all a matter of where you draw the line, but I think some of you are fooling yourselves if you think your particular hustle is ethically any different than someone else's.[/quote]

FIVE EFFING STARS

bread's done
Back