[DEAD] PC Sims 2 - JCPenney.com - $21.99 + shipping/tax

e1337gamer

CAG Veteran
Snagged the deal from FatWallet, I think it counts as a cheap ass deal

Price should be $21.99, which is significantly cheaper than retail $49.99. On Pricegrabber, the price is $41.95, link

Quoted from Capulous on FW:
Hi,

I did a search and didn't see a post about Sims 2 at JCPenney.com. As the title indicates JCPenney.com has Sims 2 for $21.99 +shipping/tax. Since I do not see if for anything less than ~$35, I believe this is a hot deal. Don't forget FatCash for an additional 3.3% back. Estimated time is 2 weeks to recieve item from warehouse. There is also no indication if this is the CD or DVD version. I called a rep, but they did not have the information either.

This is my first post so please don't be too brutal if there are any mistakes.

Regards,

linky

$30.04 after tax and shipping. If the picture on the site is anything to go by, it's the CD version. Nice deal, again I'm too broke to do it.

[quote name='galford']use code WELOCT4 to get free shipping.[/quote]

GODDAMIT!! Shut up! I can't afford this! Quit tempting me! :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='galford']use code WELOCT4 to get free shipping.[/quote]

GODDAMIT!! Shut up! I can't afford this! Quit tempting me! :lol:[/quote]

Sims 2 for less than $25 shipped. 89% GameRanking. Get it while you can. This deal can end any minute.

[quote name='galford']Sims 2 for less than $25 shipped. 89% GameRanking. Get it while you can. This deal can end any minute.[/quote]

Oh Galford, does your treachery know no bounds?

now i wish i hadn't bought this a few weeks ago at GS for $44 something (with my employee discount). i would have bought it from this instead... oh well, nice find.

Apparently, they have the new NES Classic Series 2 games for sales too: Zelda II, Dr. Mario, Castlevania, and Metroid for $21.99

I'm assuming the shipping charge is *supposed* to show up at "TBD" on the order summary when using the code for free shipping? If it's supposed to say something else, I'd hate to get slapped with the fee later.

(Amazing, I actually posted for once, instead of just lurking!)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'm assuming the shipping charge is *supposed* to show up at "TBD" on the order summary when using the code for free shipping? If it's supposed to say something else, I'd hate to get slapped with the fee later.

(Amazing, I actually posted for once, instead of just lurking!)[/quote]

I got the TBD as well. I hope that doesnt mean they will determine shipping should be $10.

I ordered one, I'm not a huge Sims fan, but for $21, I can enjoy it. Hopefully this won't become a fiasco like the playstation.com thing

Surprised to find this at JCPenney's. Now I can pick up some high heel pumps, bra and panties, and Sims 2 all at one place!

The coupons don't seem to be working for me. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Never mind, I got it.

just ordered it, sickest deal its a 50 dollar game, only 24 with shipping, I love CAG, the only bad thing is that its factory ship so with will take like 3 weeks too get here

Placed my order @ 1AM last night... I so hope this goes through... I'm just concerned about the TBD portion for shipping... (Tax came in ok)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'm assuming the shipping charge is *supposed* to show up at "TBD" on the order summary when using the code for free shipping? If it's supposed to say something else, I'd hate to get slapped with the fee later.

(Amazing, I actually posted for once, instead of just lurking!)[/quote]

That's what happened to my order when they completed it.

Just extra material and whatnot on the DVD.

That and the fact that the CD version is four CDs while the DVD is one DVD.

I checked my order and it shows shipping is still TBD even though I used that code. Also does anyone have a second order showing up that is just catalogs and doesn't cost anything. I had a second order dated for Nov 11 with catalogs

DVD Extras, ripped from Gamestop.com:

Sims 2 DVD Edition Content:

* Interviews with The Sims 2 Experts - Get secret tips, hints & strategies from the game designers.

* Learn gameplay strategies ranging from fulfilling your Sims' dreams, pushing them to extremes, or mixing their genes. Exclusive tips on evolving their family tree, choosing their aspirations, managing their wants & fears and taking them thru a lifetime.

* The Sims 2 Film School 101 - Learn movie-making tips, tricks & special effects.

* Get the inside scoop on how create your own movies in the Sims 2 from the designer that created the in-game movie-maker. Covers everything you need to know including controlling the camera, tricks for setting up the angles, casting & set development, special effects, editing and more.

* The Sims 2 Movies & Outtakes - Watch films made in-game & hilarious bloopers.

* Check out movies made in The Sims 2 with the new in-game movie-making feature. Then see some hilarious outtakes of the game that never made it into the shipping version. Also includes a selection of vintage commercials of The Sims 1.

* Exclusive Digital Goodies: Includes a variety of exclusive wallpapers for The Sims 2 to decorate your desktop, plus an exclusive instant messaging kit & a fansite kit to create your own website.

This is one interesting thing I noticed on my order:

ITEM NUMBER DESCRIPTION PRICE QTY TOTAL STATUS

IM676-3246FA The SIMS 2 by Electr $21.99 1 $21.99 FS
2 weeks
Discount Type: Does not Qualify for Special Promotion

SubTotal: $21.99
Shipping & Handling: TBD
Tax: TBD
Total: $21.99

This Order Total is an Estimate

Wonder what I'll get charged if it "does not qualify for special promotion". :shock:

[quote name='shrike4242']DVD Extras, ripped from Gamestop.com:

Sims 2 DVD Edition Content:

* Interviews with The Sims 2 Experts - Get secret tips, hints & strategies from the game designers.

* Learn gameplay strategies ranging from fulfilling your Sims' dreams, pushing them to extremes, or mixing their genes. Exclusive tips on evolving their family tree, choosing their aspirations, managing their wants & fears and taking them thru a lifetime.

* The Sims 2 Film School 101 - Learn movie-making tips, tricks & special effects.

* Get the inside scoop on how create your own movies in the Sims 2 from the designer that created the in-game movie-maker. Covers everything you need to know including controlling the camera, tricks for setting up the angles, casting & set development, special effects, editing and more.

* The Sims 2 Movies & Outtakes - Watch films made in-game & hilarious bloopers.

* Check out movies made in The Sims 2 with the new in-game movie-making feature. Then see some hilarious outtakes of the game that never made it into the shipping version. Also includes a selection of vintage commercials of The Sims 1.

* Exclusive Digital Goodies: Includes a variety of exclusive wallpapers for The Sims 2 to decorate your desktop, plus an exclusive instant messaging kit & a fansite kit to create your own website.

This is one interesting thing I noticed on my order:

2 weeks

Wonder what I'll get charged if it "does not qualify for special promotion". :shock:[/quote]

Mine says 0.00 shipping and just Special Promotion, not does not qualify

[quote name='buster90']Is this a new game or something cause I know nothing about PC games.[/quote]

yea it was just released mid september I think. dont remember exact date

Yeah, September 14th. It's a good game, just not sure if it's worth $50 so I picked it up for this price instead. I don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks for a game for less than half price.

On the email confirmation they sent me, it said:

2 weeks
Discount Type: Special Promotion

Total: $23.80

Hope the estimate doesn't go up to $50...
but mine doesn't say anything about not qualitying for the special promotion.

[quote name='shrike4242']This is one interesting thing I noticed on my order:

2 weeks

Wonder what I'll get charged if it "does not qualify for special promotion". :shock:[/quote]

Mine says the exact same thing. Guh.

Edit: I just called their customer service number, and was told that I was indeed charged only $21.99. I feel better now.

Awesome deal! Jump on it (that means you, Ledhed....)!

At least, I would be all over this if my computer could actually run it... My dad offered to get me a new graphics card awhile back, but I turned him down. It would be a waste, since I almost never play on my computer....

Damn...if I had the money and the time to play it...

On the plus side, they'll probably have two or three expansions by the time I can play it. :D

bread's done
Back