[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, it is an import anyway. I do agree about Time of Eve being a really solid entry. That's why I jumped on it as soon as I saw it as part of the wave sales. I noticed the stock counter, and figured that it wouldn't last very long.

The set actually comes with multiple paper covers. And all of them are double-sided. You can basically just pick whichever character from the series that you favor and have them on the front of the case.

I didn't know that it had been discontinued. I thought they had just run out of the stock that they had imported.

Well, they went from OOS to getting more soon to discontinued to getting more soon again.  Soooooooo I have no idea what their game is.

If it was being properly "discontinued," that would mean that the Japanese manufacturer was refusing to produce anymore. This is unlikely, as the series is relatively young. I wouldn't expect it to be fully discontinued for another few years. It's much more likely that they are just having trouble keeping stock in pace with the demand. It's understandable given that it hasn't had a domestic release, and is having to be imported.

Situations like this are not typical. Rightstuf only started carrying imported merchandise about a year ago. Before then it was only material that had been licensed and released here in NA. Stock for imported titles is always going to be harder to come by. It's also usually much more expensive.

Yea, RightStuf and shady do not belong together.
I don't know what to tell you other than people had it canceled from their order after going OOS, it's suddenly discontinued from their site after they listed it as "getting more soon" and then reappears at a higher price. I'll take it all back if the price goes back down to the original sale, IF they even get more in stock.

If you didn't know already, Time of Eve is getting an international release from Studio Rikka with English dub by NYAV Post by next year, in case you might want to wait. This is the movie version instead of the 6 OVA version, which adds new scenes and a new beginning and ending, with an ending song sung by Kalafina. 

I have been buying from RightStuf for close to a decade. Never had a single problem at any point in any of the over 100 orders I've placed with them. As far as customer service and production, they are better than any other store out there, including Amazon. If they're having trouble with imported goods, it's on the Japanese distributor.

There's a reason they make enough cash off of just anime to license their own series and why they partnered up with both FUNimation and Viz. Frankly, I am shocked you never ordered from them before. How you can be an anime fan and NOT have ordered from RightStuf before astounds me.

Frankly, I am shocked you never ordered from them before. How you can be an anime fan and NOT have ordered from RightStuf before astounds me.
That's an easy one: I don't like a majority of anime. Unless it's well done dark fantasy (Berserk/Claymore) or 'smart' sci-fi (GitS), I typically dump a series after the first episode. Rare exceptions are stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Helsing, and obviously 99% of Ghibli films.

And holy shit I just made the connection between ToE and Pale Cocoon. I remember seeing that short god knows how many years ago and loved it as well. Kind of forgot about it because I don't think it ever came out in the states. No wonder I was hooked from the first five minutes.

That's an easy one: I don't like a majority of anime. Unless it's well done dark fantasy (Berserk/Claymore) or 'smart' sci-fi (GitS), I typically dump a series after the first episode. Rare exceptions are stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Helsing, and obviously 99% of Ghibli films.

And holy shit I just made the connection between ToE and Pale Cocoon. I remember seeing that short god knows how many years ago and loved it as well. Kind of forgot about it because I don't think it ever came out in the states. No wonder I was hooked from the first five minutes.
3 episode rule of thumb. you're missing out on allot because of it.

If you didn't know already, Time of Eve is getting an international release from Studio Rikka with English dub by NYAV Post by next year, in case you might want to wait. This is the movie version instead of the 6 OVA version, which adds new scenes and a new beginning and ending, with an ending song sung by Kalafina.
i mentioned it some pages back when it first went up on sale but some one mentioned they wanted the ova version instead(not sure why).

So you guys remember when I said I didn't like Steins;Gate? I marathon'd episodes 11-25 today, and then immediately turned around and bought it off Amazon for $45 with that $5 off $35 promo credit. The first half of the series was incredibly slow, but the second half was pretty amazing. Needless to say I enjoyed it!
Hehe, it starts off weird and then gets ridiculous good. Can't wait for the movie to come out on blu. Pretty solid stuff.

If you feel as though you're being slighted by Right Stuf, open an online chat with their C/S during business hours. You'll be surprised at how helpful they generally are. If nothing else, they can explain what happened.

I like how Time of Eve is $5 more now and listed as not discontinued with more arriving soon again. Never ordered from them before but with such shady dealings like that I probably never will.
Wow. They removed it from one of my orders and haven't responded to two emails I've sent over the past week asking what's the status. I'm kind of pissed since I've dropped over 400 dollars in the past month on sales they've had. They can at least respond to my emails.

Wow. They removed it from one of my orders and haven't responded to two emails I've sent over the past week asking what's the status. I'm kind of pissed since I've dropped over 400 dollars in the past month on sales they've had. They can at least respond to my emails.
Have you tried contacting their Facebook rep?

I actually find them more helpful sometimes since the rep actually responds daily to questions, and inquiries, and if you explain you are not getting any help at all, he may be able to expedite it for you.

Just send him a pm, or post on their page with your issue, and go from there if CS on their site still doesn't respond.

Have you tried contacting their Facebook rep?

I actually find them more helpful sometimes since the rep actually responds daily to questions, and inquiries, and if you explain you are not getting any help at all, he may be able to expedite it for you.

Just send him a pm, or post on their page with your issue, and go from there if CS on their site still doesn't respond.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try reaching their Facebook rep.

You could phone too... I'm not sure why people would email over phone, as you get instant results that way. Might have to stay on hold for a bit (especially with the sale going on), but I got an instant fix to one issue I had a couple months ago.

EDIT: They even have a chat box, too if you don't want to use phone... A couple different options for instant service. I'm sure they are flooded with emails, so it DOES take a while to get through those.

If you didn't know already, Time of Eve is getting an international release from Studio Rikka with English dub by NYAV Post by next year, in case you might want to wait.
That's actually really good news. Of course, now I'm going to need to acquire the NA release as well, especially if it has additional content. Ah well, I enjoyed it enough, I don't really mind. And having an official NA release will make it much more accessible and affordable for the general consumer.

Welp this is it for me. The list was much longer but after sleeping it off and thinking it through all day, this is what I ended up with:

Galaxy Railways DVD Box Set (Hyb) - Viridian Collection - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1 $14.09  

Glass Fleet DVD Box Set (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1 $14.09  

I Shall Never Return DVD (S) (*) 1 $3.49  

Nighthead Genesis DVD Complete Collection (S) - Litebox (*) 1 $8.99  

Samurai Deeper Kyo Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) + Gameboy Advance Game (*) 1 $23.99  

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings the Movie: The Last Party DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb) (*) 1 $16.44  

Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb) (*) 1 $11.74    

It's discontinued again. I've never seen a website have such a bipolar stocking system lol. I'll just wait for the NA release and cut out the middleman.

When I first placed my order on the 15th, only one item said "On order from manufacturer" while all other items state "Reserved for your order". Each day that passes so far has had one more item added to the "On order from manufacturer" status. Come on, RightStuf, get it together! LOL

I have so much more I would like to buy but it'll have to wait until next year. Have tons of stuff saved up in my wishlist and will splurge again in a year. Hopefully, I'll have worked my way through my purchases from this sale.

Edit: Since my entire order is on hold, I added Appleseed DVD for $6.99. Awesome! i just sent an email and thought if they can add it, great. If not, no big loss. They replied within two hours with an update to my order. I might actually add some more... Incredibly fast response during a time when they are probably wishing they had more staff. Love this company.

Since I read this is the last day and I have a new monthly limit again, I'm thinking about picking up Fate/Stay Night and a few things like ToV: The First Strike (and I've played the game).  I'm good with mechas since I have to watch about 8 series of Gundam and Code Geass yet (even though I think I'll skip ZZ Gundam and go into playing DW: Gundam 2 soon), and I'm looking at the Tenchi Muyo episodes if I need something like that series.

If I didn't buy Shuffle earlier and didn't already have a few of the individual volumes of GitS, reaching free shipping would be easier.  Is Fate or the sale prices of the Tenchi sets really worth it at that price or I should wait until next year when I might have a bigger wish list?  I might have to pick a slice-of-life or mecha/action anime out of the hat to get to free shipping LOL.  -_-

Thanks... and sorry again!

The Tenchi OAV boxset is worth it because Amazon doesn't sell it anymore and finding it used is going to be hard.
I missed it then, but that's all right.

Is the price on Gundam 00 Season 2 Part 4 the best anyone has seen it for a while (er, I should say OK at $10 new or $12 new with the manga)? Every other 00 part is not that expensive on Amazon except for that one. I'm going to reach $50 with Clannad DVD, ToV, Code Geass R2 Part 1 (which gives me all of the parts) and something else, it's just a matter of what now. Thanks!

EDIT: It's good now. I'll get Clannad (Blu) and Fate/Stay next holiday season (if I still wish).

I am planning on placing an order later on today but I wondering if I could get some opinions on it to see if I should pass/wait on some things:

I've been out of the anime realm for about two years now so opinions on the shows I picked are welcomed. I just did some light research and a little Youtube trailer watching.

Samurai 7 is awesome, but slow.

Out of GitS, get Solid State only. The other two are bad compilation movies.

Corpse Princess is OK, but nothing special.

K-On is very good, but is a slice-of-life series, which isn't for everyone.

Picked up Cashern SIns Collection 1 & 2 (Blu-ray) $9 Each, Ninja SCroll (Blu-ray) $9, Intrigue Bakumatsu Collection 2 (Blu-ray) $25, Towanoquon (Blu-ray) $15 under $67 shipped.  Trying save few buck but Cashern Sins SAVE cover is pretty ugly. 

Samurai 7 is awesome, but slow.

Out of GitS, get Solid State only. The other two are bad compilation movies.

Corpse Princess is OK, but nothing special.

K-On is very good, but is a slice-of-life series, which isn't for everyone.
Alright, I took out those GitS movies and Corpse Princess as well.

Changed avatar? GESP! ;D
Huh?

Picked up Cashern SIns Collection 1 & 2 (Blu-ray) $9 Each, Ninja SCroll (Blu-ray) $9, Intrigue Bakumatsu Collection 2 (Blu-ray) $25, Towanoquon (Blu-ray) $15 under $67 shipped. Trying save few buck but Cashern Sins SAVE cover is pretty ugly.
You know that the SAVE editions of the blurays have reversible covers right?

Well, I'm going to put this in both threads in case somebody only checks one and not the other.

This is the first time I remember this happening for awhile, the Right Stuf 13 day sale actually ended on Christmas.  Usually since none of the sale items allow coupons they quietly keep those discounted prices until the end of the year.  I just checked You're Under Arrest and it's back to their non-sale price. 

I hope no one was waiting for Christmas money.

bread's done
Back