Dead Space $10 + free shipping at EA Store (expires 6/28/10) DEAD

vipes209

CAGiversary!
Dead Space is $10.
Here the code: fbdeadspace10buxoff at the checkout. Head over to http://eastore.ea.com/ and enjoy!
shipping is $6.99. Use this code for free shipping t8jwp3y4b This code can be use for 20% a game too
20% off EA Games (expires 6/30/10)
100617_PS3_banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dapunisure']is one version better than the other(graphically)? i feel the exact same way as some post said above about playing franchises on one console. I played it for 360 but never finished it because i got over run with finals, nazi zombies, horde mode, & fallout 3 back in '08.[/QUOTE]

I scoured through the HD video comparisons and blogs and (over)heated fanboy discussions on this game solely because when I purchased it I wanted more games on my PS3 since that library is about 1/3 of my others. Needless to say, what I found was basically as follows.

The differences in each versions are minuscule but (albeit a minor butt) the xbox 360 tends to have slightly sharper details whereas the PS3 looked darker and possibly more muddy. There was also a comparison shot set at the beginning of the game where in the Xbox version holograms appeared detailed and vibrant that wasn't present in the PS3 shot. *From what I remember that was only the case at the aforementioned beginning and didn't pop up in other areas.

Hope that helps.

*(I personally still have my copy sealed unfortunately otherwise I would be able to confirm this)

[quote name='LoneGhost']I scoured through the HD video comparisons and blogs and (over)heated fanboy discussions on this game solely because when I purchased it I wanted more games on my PS3 since that library is about 1/3 of my others. Needless to say, what I found was basically as follows.

The differences in each versions are minuscule but (albeit a minor butt) the xbox 360 tends to have slightly sharper details whereas the PS3 looked darker and possibly more muddy. There was also a comparison shot set at the beginning of the game where in the Xbox version holograms appeared detailed and vibrant that wasn't present in the PS3 shot. *From what I remember that was only the case at the aforementioned beginning and didn't pop up in other areas.

Hope that helps.

*(I personally still have my copy sealed unfortunately otherwise I would be able to confirm this)[/QUOTE]

thanx for the info, it does help. i figured it would go in the xb's favor only because "most" multi-platform games look better on the 360. i know most ppl cry foul & say they look the same but there is always a superior version imo. the only time i really had a problem picking the superior title graphically was last yr's arkham asylum. the xbox version looked better but the ps3 had the exclusive joker challenges.

I ordered the PS3 version earlier today, but nothing shows up when I check on my orders from the EA Store. Anybody else have this problem?

[quote name='vicks']Heard wonderful things about the game. For 11 bucks. I cant pass it up, thanks OP and Watcher for the free shipping...

Nice.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome.

I've sort of inadvertently become a master of using/abusing EA coupon codes this year. If you use Recyclebank.com you can actually get coupon codes for EA that are VERY good. Last I checked, there was a $15 off code that worked on ALL 360 and PS3 games in your EA store cart over $15. And there was a $10 off PC games code that did the same. They may stack with the 20% off code (at least for the free shipping). There was much abuse stacking it with the $20 off code earlier this year.

Thanks OP, been looking to pick this one up for a long time (oldest game on my VGreleases.com list)! Can't beat $10.82 for a new copy shipped!

Sometimes I think I get more psyched for the incredible deals than for the games themselves, Viva la CAG!

Wow, thanks a bunch for posting this. Got mine for $10.55, looking forward to the Extraction/Dead Space 2 Edition when its released. Then I'll have them all.

i placed my order yesterday but is not on my orders history, is anyone else having this issue? and the email they send me does not include a tracking number

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i placed my order yesterday but is not on my orders history, is anyone else having this issue? and the email they send me does not include a tracking number[/QUOTE]

It is not showing up in my order history either. I ordered around 4pm yesterday. I haven't looked to see if I was actually charged yet. At least the email has an order number.

[quote name='E_Man']How do we know if it's a Greatest Hits version or not?[/QUOTE]

Last time I ordered from EA I got two copies of the game, both were greatest hits versions. I wouldn't be too surprised if these are too.

Thanks for the deal it came to i think $10.82 with tax to NY. The shipping time frame is not bad with 3-4 days to. This is a totally thumbs up deal if you still never bought this game. I could not even find this for around $10 used shipped for awhile now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember thinking the demo for this game wasn't that great but the trailer for the second one reminds me of Doom 3 a lot so for $10 I'll give this game a second shot.

Thanks OP. Came out to $10.77 after tax for me.

[quote name='Jodou']Man, how many copies of this thing do they have? Really surprised it has lasted this long.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this thread really blew up, surprised how many people didn't have this. It was $10 for black friday at wal mart last year, but only the xbox version, otherwise I would have picked it up back then.

But yeah, ordered yesterday morning, have still yet to receive a second email that my order has shipped. Hoping it doesn't take longer than advertised.

I keep getting "We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again" when I try to order. Oh well.

Nevermind. I signed up for a new account and it went through. Wonder if they flagged my old one for taking advantage of that huge glitch they had back in April.

This will be my third time owning Dead Space. Hopefully I get around to it this time.

Just ordered - $10.62 w/ tax. Previous poster - you might want to make sure that the phone number that you are using matches the one that your Credit Card company has. This deal still worked fine for me a few minutes ago - just got my confirmation email while I was typing this up.

Thanks OP!

I'll say this .. this game in certain parts will scare the shit out of you haha I loved it.. Played it through 3 times to Platinum it and get all trophies. This was definitely a "sleeper" not too many people spoke of this but the storyline, graphics, gameplay .. everything was awesome! I already reserved my dead space 2 with the 20 dollar off deal posted on here a few months ago through EA.

I'm getting some weirdness with the EA site. It shows my order submitted then below it shows it as Unsubmitted. I'm wondering if they canceled it on me. I can't view the invoice, I get a general EA website error.

Sucks, I was hoping for this one to come through.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm going to laugh if they end up canceling all the orders. Has anybody got a shipping confirmation yet?[/QUOTE]

Why would they cancel them?

Sadly, I've had Dead Space since i bought it during release week. I've played about 30 mins of it and not touched it since...but i want to so bad. I just procrastinate out of it and end up playing some other game I have :/

[quote name='jcp42877']Sadly, I've had Dead Space since i bought it during release week. I've played about 30 mins of it and not touched it since...but i want to so bad. I just procrastinate out of it and end up playing some other game I have :/[/QUOTE]

This is what I do. This is why I've now owned this game three times. Third times the charm maybe? (not holding my breath)

[quote name='Jodou']I'm going to laugh if they end up canceling all the orders. Has anybody got a shipping confirmation yet?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm worried about too. I'd love to hear some people getting shipment confirmation. Also if anyone else the the order unsubmitted like I do...?

bread's done
Back