Dead Space 19.99 at Game Crazy New PS3/360 (7/6 - 7/12)

I emailed them as well. Pretty much said that I was pissed, ect ect...

I'm gonna try and get it price matched at best buy as I dont wanna drive down there again, only 6 miles but meh the best buy is under one mile. I'm just afraid that they will call a local gamecrazy and they'll be like "what, I dont know anything about that, its not in our system, blah blah" and it wont work. And I'll feel even more of a failure then normal.

GameCrazy Sucks!!!! Never have anything in stock. The employees never know about any sales, we are more informed than they are.

I'll totally agree with joby27 on that one... mine is now run by a bunch of bro dudes and suspiciously enough a fleet of girls.

As Scorch said, I contacted Customer Relations a few minutes ago and spoke with one of their Reps. They called my local GC and apparently were told the dropped officially occurred today. I assume this will run until the 12th?

Thanks OP, ill go get this and SW:force unleashed. For those who failed to convice the store clerk, try printing up the page and write down the URL so the clerk can check it online on thier computer.

Agreed. Great game. One of the few I've actually taken the time to play through multiple times. After a couple months without playing it, you're drawn back in.

I just bought Dead Space about two weeks ago at Target for $29.99. I'm not going to be one of those people who claim "It was worth every penny!" to make myself feel better because I really wish I waited now. But it is very much worth $19.99.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I just bought Dead Space about two weeks ago at Target for $29.99. I'm not going to be one of those people who claim "It was worth every penny!" to make myself feel better because I really wish I waited now. But it is very much worth $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Check your receipt, see if it's still in the time period you can return it, and if it is buy a copy @ GC and then return to target.

Anyone having any luck with Price Matching in other stores other then Best Buy? They would not honor the price because it was not a local store. Then at my local Walmart I was told they could not honor online ads. No location within 70 miles and I cannot find a single location in my state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Sears. They've honored online ads in the past for me. But remember, most stores will only PM if they have a GC nearby...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Hmm, I wonder if its worth getting the Used version at that price...than I would only have to pay tax.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you have MVP card then it will 1.50 less.

Too bad GC doesn't have online ordering, I hate going to the Game Crazy iin my area, actually, the closest one to me is across the city, and calling them is a nightmare sometimes, I mean I would rather them not answer the phone than to put me on hold for 15 minutes. ANYWAY!! I will check it out since I will be over that way, thanks OP.

[quote name='joby27']GameCrazy Sucks!!!! Never have anything in stock. The employees never know about any sales, we are more informed than they are.[/QUOTE]

they dont all suck. My store is always on top of the deals and we usually have more stock because we are one of the top stores in the company.
Sorry some of you have had bad luck.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Hmm, I wonder if its worth getting the Used version at that price...than I would only have to pay tax.[/QUOTE]

there is no tax on store credit

Just got back from GC, and at first the guy didn't know what I was talking about when I said it was $20 so I went home and printed the ad, he had to call Tech Support to confirm it because I rang up in their system for $30, all in all I had to wait an extra 10 minutes but he ended up price adjusting it.
I recommend anyone going to pick this up print out the ad and take it with you! Apparently Dead Space was the only game in the ad that hadn't been price dropped yet.

If I had not already beaten this, I would be all over this. An amazing title. All of you owe it to yourself to check it out.

I don't go into Gamecrazy often but do like to cherry pick their sales from time to time. What I do not understand is why they never advertise the sales prices. Isn't the point of a sale to get people into the store? Why not put a sign up in front of the game that shows the sales price? Why not have any of the weekly fliers on hand?

It's almost as if they don't want you to buy anything that's on sale.

picked this up along with SW:STFU for under $30 after tax.

The clerk used his mvp I think, or something.

My receipt says SW:STFU was 11.69 and Dead space was 13.49 and then there's a $2 gamegaurd. Whats that?

Well subtotal came out to $27.18 and it says mvp saved you $2.80. Odd, but I'll take it. He might have done it because the box art for SW:STFU was messed up and I asked it there were any other cases and he got all snippy at me.

yeah, but it made my entire payment lower, can he do that? If someone finds out wont he get in trouble? I mean he pretty much took $3.xx off of what it should have been. 14.99 x2

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']picked this up along with SW:STFU for under $30 after tax.

The clerk used his mvp I think, or something.

My receipt says SW:STFU was 11.69 and Dead space was 13.49 and then there's a $2 gamegaurd. Whats that?

Well subtotal came out to $27.18 and it says mvp saved you $2.80. Odd, but I'll take it. He might have done it because the box art for SW:STFU was messed up and I asked it there were any other cases and he got all snippy at me.[/QUOTE]

Well basically you've been kinda scammed. They lowered the price of your game and sold you a game guard (game warranty) to meet their sales quota. So technically you paid the same price you would have if they didnt discount your game and sold it to you straight up. Shitty business practices. If I were you I would be pretty pissed and have a word with someone higher up about that employees shadyness.

[quote name='perdition(troy']So he saved .80, and got two game guards for free? I don't see what he should be complaining about.[/QUOTE]

I would be pissed that the dude treated me like a dumbass thinking I wouldn't know what those extra charges and discounts were. It's just a terrible business practice and it's used in places like GS/GC all the time and usually it involves something way sketchier than what this guy experienced and ends up with the customer being fucked. This guy is lucky the employee didn't say "Oh it's actually 17.99 used" and throw on the 2 dollar game guard.

This is how the video game-only stores operate. How often do the clerks try to hard sell you on game guides, used prices, preorders, game guards, etc.? That's where they get their largest profits. They make very little on the new items, but the markup on used is incredible.

So while technically you saved some change, they can point to how many game guards they've sold. They didn't profit on the two they sold you, but they're now on the quota.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I would be pissed that the dude treated me like a dumbass thinking I wouldn't know what those extra charges and discounts were. It's just a terrible business practice and it's used in places like GS/GC all the time and usually it involves something way sketchier than what this guy experienced and ends up with the customer being fucked. This guy is lucky the employee didn't say "Oh it's actually 17.99 used" and throw on the 2 dollar game guard.[/QUOTE]

I think you're kind of going over the top though. imo, the reason game crazy is run so crappily is because of the crap their employees have to deal with regarding gameguards/pre-orders/mvps. I know of three employees (I'm sure there's more) at my local GC that lost their jobs strictly because their numbers weren't high enough in those three categories. I guess the way I look at it is win win. I would have gotten .80 off my game, he got his numbers up a bit, and I got a free game guard. It's not that big of a deal at all :drool:

[quote name='perdition(troy'] I know of three employees (I'm sure there's more) at my local GC that lost their jobs strictly because their numbers weren't high enough in those three categories. [/QUOTE]

So I could inadvertently get an employee fired for constantly rejecting his or her 10 minute pitch to sell me all that extra stuff?

Good deal.

Picked up Dead Space today... and as per usual at Game Crazy it was still marked at $30 something till they looked it up. Nobody had any idea YET AGAIN. Every GC store in my area has the most misinformed staff you could ever find. For this I award them with the "Least Likely To Tell Store Workers WTF is Going On" award.

b8lj6w.jpg

[quote name='Indiana Jones']So I could inadvertently get an employee fired for constantly rejecting his or her 10 minute pitch to sell me all that extra stuff?[/QUOTE]

If you were the only customer, yes lol.

And no, I'm not a game crazy employee. I refuse to step foot into a GC unless its for guides, seeing as I hate their customer service and the 20 minute long mvp speeches.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I think you're kind of going over the top though. imo, the reason game crazy is run so crappily is because of the crap their employees have to deal with regarding gameguards/pre-orders/mvps. I know of three employees (I'm sure there's more) at my local GC that lost their jobs strictly because their numbers weren't high enough in those three categories. I guess the way I look at it is win win. I would have gotten .80 off my game, he got his numbers up a bit, and I got a free game guard. It's not that big of a deal at all :drool:[/QUOTE]

I have a GameCrazy located a little less than 25 miles away in another town from my Best Buy. Is that close enough for Best Buy to price match? :p

@ricky

I understand what you're saying :)

@indiana jones

I have no idea, I haven't bought a game (other then the two worlds CE when it was $5 a few months ago) for years from GC.

[quote name='jazzman']No worries just go to bestbuy.com and add the receipt to your rewards account. The reward points will take effect 30 days after purchase.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Good call. Just did that, and I'm now a very happy camper. Epic WIN! :)

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Good deal.

Picked up Dead Space today... and as per usual at Game Crazy it was still marked at $30 something till they looked it up. Nobody had any idea YET AGAIN. Every GC store in my area has the most misinformed staff you could ever find. For this I award them with the "Least Likely To Tell Store Workers WTF is Going On" award.

b8lj6w.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ditto on my part too. Asked for the price & they told me it was $29.99.
Asked them again & to double check on the computer & the price came up as $19.99, they were literally shocked.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']At least they don't gut their games like Gamestop... or do they?[/QUOTE]

What exactly is gutting? I've never heard of this until today and I've seen it in a couple threads.

bread's done
Back