Dead Space 19.99 at Game Crazy New PS3/360 (7/6 - 7/12)

I picked it up earlier, as stated, and I've got to say . . . damn, this was well worth it. I've just made it to Chapter 2 (Yes, I like taking my time and exploring every nook and cranny), and it's got a great feel to it :D It probably helps that I'm only playing it while in the dark, which makes it even more fun.

Albeit, I am a bit concerned about the side effects. Last night, I dreamt of dismembering in graphic detail people and monsters that were chasing me, making horrific noises . . . :p

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']This is the email I received in response to my first email in which I wrote this.

I never said what gamecrazy it was. I have no idea how the person who emailed me knew which store it was. But they did get the store right.

The store also called me this morning and said that the game price has been fixed and I can pick it up for $19.99.

I am very put off by Gamecrazy for now. I haven't shopped their since about 3 years ago, before the Hollywood video closed near my house.[/QUOTE]

Go to BB and get a PM. Don't give GC the satisfaction of your business. No offense Scorch, but most GC's in the OC have incompetent and aggressive employees.

Picked mine up, haven't played it yet, but the employee smirked at me and was like you heard that game dropped in price today huh? Thanks once again CAG.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Out of curiosity has anyone been able to print the entire ad successfully on one page?[/QUOTE]

Why not try shrinking it in like paint or something?

Also not sure if you're by a Gamecrazy, but mine had tons of the ads.

[quote name='jazzman']Go to BB and get a PM. Don't give GC the satisfaction of your business. No offense Scorch, but most GC's in the OC have incompetent and aggressive employees.[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy employees have constant pressure to get numbers. Hence, the MVP and Game Guard sales pitches. If you don't like it, then don't go.

I picked up a copy today. The employee there kept on wanting to sell me crap that I didn't want and I had to say no like a million times lol. Getting this for 20bucks was worth it though. On a side note, if you get this used for PS3 at 14.99, you can flip it on amazon today for $22...

[quote name='Rollobobo']Gamecrazy employees have constant pressure to get numbers. Hence, the MVP and Game Guard sales pitches. If you don't like it, then don't go.[/QUOTE]

"Constant pressure" would be a huge understatement. Some days are terrible.. when you don't get numbers, you feel like your job is threatened. I hate that about GC.

On a side note, if you get this used for PS3 at 14.99, you can flip it on amazon today for $22...

Yeah, but after shipping and all that, you only make a profit of a few dollars..

[quote name='Scorch']"Constant pressure" would be a huge understatement. Some days are terrible.. when you don't get numbers, you feel like your job is threatened. I hate that about GC.

Yeah, but after shipping and all that, you only make a profit of a few dollars..[/QUOTE]

Well you wouldn't have to pay for shipping...

Not to mention that if you need a good size amount of money to get in on that $50 trade-in get 50% off next purchase, that's hell of an offer.

Thanks for the heads up, going to have to beat it this week.

I don't have a gamecrazy ANYWHERE near me...can I register on their site and buy it off their site? Is shipping free? someone let me know, please! thanks!

[quote name='IRHari']I don't have a gamecrazy ANYWHERE near me...can I register on their site and buy it off their site? Is shipping free? someone let me know, please! thanks![/QUOTE]

No, you cannot purchase titles from their site, everything is B&M unfortunately.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Can anyone pick an extra copy up and send it to me? I'll pay shipping.[/QUOTE]

Damn, if you would have only posted this 15 mins. sooner. I just got back from my local GC, purchased the last used copy, and they only had one new copy left :(

Note to anyone else in the NOVA area, this was at the Centreville GC ;) - Manassas was sold out of both new and used :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']"Constant pressure" would be a huge understatement. Some days are terrible.. when you don't get numbers, you feel like your job is threatened. I hate that about GC.

Yeah, but after shipping and all that, you only make a profit of a few dollars..[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Scorch. I am not one to hit someone up for an MVP, Reserve, and then a Game Guard, but we have to if we want to keep our jobs.

[quote name='IRHari']I don't have a gamecrazy ANYWHERE near me...can I register on their site and buy it off their site? Is shipping free? someone let me know, please! thanks![/QUOTE]

If I was you, I'd try a price match at somewhere like Best Buy. Worse comes to worse, you lose some time. If you catch the right person (either gullible, stupid, or just nice), you get the deal.

Picked up the last new copy at my GC yesterday afternoon. Been a while since I've been there, good lord were they annoying about extended warranties/pre-orders/etc.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Who the hell buys an extended warranty on a video game...especially when it's new!?!?[/QUOTE]
Here's my sales pitch: If you get the 360 ring scratches, if you have kids that can't take care of their stuff, or if anything happens where the game gets damaged or stops working, you're covered by the game guard.

If you take care of your stuff, then it's cool, but when you work at store dealing with disc media, you see all of this stuff more often than not.

you'd be surprised at the number of parents that shop with us just so they can get the extended warranty for the games.. their kids scratch it up and they have to buy new ones but with the warranty they don't have to worry about it.

most of our customers seem to buy it on new release stuff as well.. just in case. especially sports games that they know they will play a lot like ufc and madden

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Who the hell buys an extended warranty on a video game...especially when it's new!?!?[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I remember when Best Buy was pimping some stupid Game Dr. The employee tried to get me to buy it. I told him no. He then asked what happens if you get a scratch on the game? I told him I take care of my games. He then tried one last time and said what happens if you loan it to a friend and he scratches it? I preceded to tell him, I don't give me games out to other people. He walked away disappointed I wasn't a sucker for the stupid Game Dr.

[quote name='perdition(troy']is there anything decent to flip from GS to GC or GC to GS[/QUOTE]
Only thing I can think of is Bionic Commando for 19.99 from GS to GC. If I remember, base credit for Bionic Commando at GC is either 25 or 22.

My local Hollywood Video (GameCrazy sister) could not verify the price nor would they even try. I tried to price match it at Best Buy and Best Buy refused to sell it to me at that price because it was "below cost" for them. The two stores are 4 blocks away from each other. I called Best Buy corporate and asked them to verify that they wouldn't price match in this situation and they told me the store was wrong but they could not force them to change their stance. They told me my only recourse was to file an official complaint on Monday if I couldn't get it resolved with the manager. Sad really, after I nagged them a bit, they also told me they would only price match big box retailers in the area. The manager gave me the run around for 20 minutes instead of just following company policy. They wouldn't even call to confirm the price (which was wrong anyway.)

Reininop.

I know tomorrow is Sunday, and obviously the last day for this sale. What I would do anyways is send an email to GameCrazy's customer service email (check the site) stating the issue, and specifically identify the particular GC that denied you the game at this price. I made some headway by emailing and contacting them by phone to get the price updated at my local GC (spoke with a woman named Stephanie).

I would also call BB corporate again and demand that they honore the price, as their price matching policy explicity states nothing regarding denying PM's because an item is below cost to them.

That's a lot of BS I will have to say. When I get back home, I'll post the contact info for the woman I've been dealing with over at GC.

Note: Anyone else curious as to why the 360 version nets you $12.50 for Amazon trade-in and the PS3 version gives you $10 more!?!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Note: Anyone else curious as to why the 360 version nets you $12.50 for Amazon trade-in and the PS3 version gives you $10 more!?![/QUOTE]

Maybe they just have more, its not uncommon to see TIV different for the same game on differnet consoles

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Note: Anyone else curious as to why the 360 version nets you $12.50 for Amazon trade-in and the PS3 version gives you $10 more!?![/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is Amazon's trade-in of the day which explains the higher trade-in value.

Thanks, now to find a gamecrazy near me. Loved Dead Space, best game of last year
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

bread's done
Back