Dead Space 19.99 at Game Crazy New PS3/360 (7/6 - 7/12)

It's when they open the case up and take the game out before hand, and when you go to buy it they sell it to you as "new." It's usually this way when you buy the very last copy and you get stuck with the display case. But when Gamestop had their last sale, they opened every single game and threw the empty cases into a bin.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']I have a GameCrazy located a little less than 25 miles away in another town from my Best Buy. Is that close enough for Best Buy to price match? :p[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting to get this game, and was going to get it for $30 but then I saw this. I live in Alaska, and the nearest Game Crazy is in Washington state. I went to Best Buy, where the price was still $40 (while BestBuy.com has it for $30) and gave the cashier this week's add printed from the internet for Game Crazy showing Dead Space at $20. She just did a price match, and the manager came to authorize and he said "Just know for next time we don't price match dot-coms." I explained it's an add for a game store, not a website... I just didn't think we had one in town. And the manager was like "It's usually just for local retailers." He left and I walked out with Dead Space for $20!

Thanks OP!! Like people have said on here before about price matches at BB, it likely just depends on your cashier. Just walk up to the young girl who either doesn't know any better, or just doesn't care. And I would consider within 25 miles close enough to be considered a "local retailer".

Picked this up used directly after work... price was $14.65 after tax with my MVP card

oh, and it rang up at the right price the first time he scanned it... i don't know why their national system isn't in sync, but whatever....

[quote name='johnsdoe00']oh, and it rang up at the right price the first time he scanned it... i don't know why their national system isn't in sync, but whatever....[/QUOTE]

? It is..

[quote name='Scorch']? It is..[/QUOTE]

I said that in response to all the people in this thread that were having problems with convincing their local GC's that there was actually a sale.

About the gamegaurd thing that happened to me today. I dont care. I saw he entered his mvl info once my total went down from $31 to like $27, bu the 2 gamegaurds, meh. I dont have MVP, so like someone said, I saved around $.80 and got 2 gamegaurds free.

I say good deal for me, even if its shady.

gamecrazy is fucking gay! they basically took a used copy of Dead Space but complete and resealed it with some crappy vacuum wrapping machine and sold it to me as new for 19.99 I got home and once I removed the shrink wrap, it was clearly obvious that the game was used because of the case being all scratched up and the manual all wrinkled up as well. thanx gamecrazy I am no longer shopping with you guys ever again. Decided to buy a new game case and artwork sleeve and manual from videogameinstructionbooklets.com for Dead Space cuz I am anal about that type of stuff being like new or new.

I'm going to try to pick this up 2morrow. I have 2 GC stores within 7-10 miles from the house.

Should save an extra buck or two with my MVP card. I hope this game is better than Mass Effect.....I just haven't been able to get into this game like I thought I would.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']gamecrazy is fucking gay! they basically took a used copy of Dead Space but complete and resealed it with some crappy vacuum wrapping machine and sold it to me as new for 19.99 I got home and once I removed the shrink wrap, it was clearly obvious that the game was used because of the case being all scratched up and the manual all wrinkled up as well. thanx gamecrazy I am no longer shopping with you guys ever again. Decided to buy a new game case and artwork sleeve and manual from videogameinstructionbooklets.com for Dead Space cuz I am anal about that type of stuff being like new or new.[/QUOTE]

in all fairness, GC stores don't have shrink wrap machines, so it was somewhere else that did it.

[quote name='freelancer85']Oh, it's synced now that people asked for the $19.99 price. It's not in sync earlier in the week.[/QUOTE]

it's not synced because people asked for it, it's synced because they took a long holiday weekend and didn't update the prices in time for Monday's resend (pricing for the next day is usually sent out to stores the night prior, so they didn't process it in time for Monday's update).

But in all fairness, Lost is advertised at $9.99, and this morning, it went back up to $19.99. So who the fuck knows what's going on anymore.

[quote name='freelancer85']Oh, it's synced now that people asked for the $19.99 price. It's not in sync earlier in the week.[/QUOTE]

it's not synced because people asked for it, it's synced because they took a long holiday weekend and didn't update the prices in time for Monday's resend (pricing for the next day is usually sent out to stores the night prior, so they didn't process it in time for Monday's update).

But in all fairness, Lost is advertised at $9.99, and this morning, it went back up to $19.99. So who the fuck knows what's going on anymore.

[quote name='Scorch']in all fairness, GC stores don't have shrink wrap machines, so it was somewhere else that did it.

[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. One of the 3 GC's I worked at definitively had a shrink wrap machine.

Do they have this ad in the stores? Want to PM at BBY, don't know if I need the ad or can use a printout.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']gamecrazy is fucking gay! they basically took a used copy of Dead Space but complete and resealed it with some crappy vacuum wrapping machine and sold it to me as new for 19.99 I got home and once I removed the shrink wrap, it was clearly obvious that the game was used because of the case being all scratched up and the manual all wrinkled up as well. thanx gamecrazy I am no longer shopping with you guys ever again. Decided to buy a new game case and artwork sleeve and manual from videogameinstructionbooklets.com for Dead Space cuz I am anal about that type of stuff being like new or new.[/QUOTE]

go cry elsewhere. you got an amazing game for $20 and still bitch about it.

[quote name='Scorch']in all fairness, GC stores don't have shrink wrap machines, so it was somewhere else that did it.

But in all fairness, Lost is advertised at $9.99, and this morning, it went back up to $19.99. So who the fuck knows what's going on anymore.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, it sounds like GC is probably one of the worst managed companies out there...no wonder Gamestop gets so much business.

[quote name='J7.']Do they have this ad in the stores?[/QUOTE]

no

To be honest, it sounds like GC is probably one of the worst managed companies out there...no wonder Gamestop gets so much business.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that there's thousands and thousands of GS stores and only about 700 GC stores nationwide. GC being inside Hollywood Video certainly doesn't help. I'd love to see foot traffic data in Gamestops in malls versus standalone Gamestops.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']$18.99, PM'ed @ BB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i PMed mine today also from BB. However they kept on asking me these questions and tried to deny me from getting the deal. I had the print out and every thing. She than said the GC is not close to their area (20 miles away). I then told her its still a drivable distance and she took it the wrong way as me being "defensive".

Story in this lesson is, be nice to the sales clerk. Even though they question you about the PM, don't take it negative. They only do it because its procedures they need to follow. They don't do it to give you a hard time for no reason.

So stay calm and be patient! Also make sure there is a GC close to your area!

P.S. how the heck did you get the deal for $18.99? min was $21.xx including tax.

Price matched a PS3 copy at BB today for around $22 after tax. It took them about 10 mins to verify the price match since I didn't bring in the ad and they had to check online for the price and if there was a store nearby (there's one a few miles away).

Ugh, I want to pick this up because I heard it's freaking awesome, but my backlog seems to be growing by the week with all these sales. I know if I pick it up it'll stay in my collection for about 6 months without even seeing the inside of my console.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Ugh, I want to pick this up because I heard it's freaking awesome, but my backlog seems to be growing by the week with all these sales. I know if I pick it up it'll stay in my collection for about 6 months without even seeing the inside of my console.[/QUOTE]

in all fairness, I don't see this getting below 19.99 new/14.99 used for the forseeable future. This isn't the type of title for a retailer to "clear out" of at $9.99. Definitely bite on this deal. I did :D

I just got this game via Goozex and started to play it last night on a non-hdtv with just component cables.

Has anyone else that's done this experienced really hard to see text/graphics? I understand that there's some games with poor text on standard def tv's (ie Dead Rising) but I may just have to put this on the shelf until I get a better tv.

Anyone have comments for this?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Ugh, I want to pick this up because I heard it's freaking awesome, but my backlog seems to be growing by the week with all these sales. I know if I pick it up it'll stay in my collection for about 6 months without even seeing the inside of my console.[/QUOTE]
Have to agree with Scorch. You should buy @ $20 and move it to the top of your backlog. Especially if you at all liked games like RE4. Or Sci-Fi.

The art direction in it was amazing.

Can't wait for this I've been waiting for the $20 price drop for a long time, I'm going to try to get this today or tomorrow.

[quote name='tinman_licks']Is ps3 or 360 version graphically better? Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

They are the same, trust me, I have played both on my 52' HDTV (I own the PS3 version cause its a single player game, single player games go to PS3, and everything else goes to my 360).

The only real choice would be which system's controller you prefer, I prefer 360, but this controls very well on PS3, you might as well toss a coin up.

Just picked this up and I'm pretty sure this is not a new copy...

The safety seal on the right side of the case was cut open so you could almost open the case, but the sticker on the bottom still kept it sealed. The case also has some wear and tear on it, and the disc is not brand new. Disc is in pretty good shape though so I'll just keep it.

Dear ______,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your recent experience at our ______, CA location.

I would like to apologize for the level of service you experienced from our store in ______. I contacted the store and was informed that at the time you came in to purchase the game the prices had not been updated. The Store Manager has been made aware of this issue and will make sure that the prices are updated in the system on the morning the ad begins.

Please be advised that I have also notified ____ _____, the District Manager of that location so that he is aware of the situation and can address it as a training tool with the store. Again I truly apologize for the frustration this has caused.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so we can notate your feedback. I am unclear if you have purchased the game at this time, however the $19.99 price is valid until 07/12/2009.

I hope this answered your question. If you would like to discuss it further I have enclosed our toll free number for you to call in at your convenience; 1-877-325-8687; 8am-5pm, seven days a week.

We appreciate your membership and if there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to email us at: [email protected] We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
______ _.
Customer Relations Agent
Game Crazy

Game Crazy is dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences delivered with genuine warmth and friendliness.

This is the email I received in response to my first email in which I wrote this.
Today I went to a gamecrazy near my house. it was over 6 miles away but I went because I had seen on your online ad that Dead Space (360 and ps3) was on sale for $19.99

I called ahead and they had it in stock, I drove down there and then when the clerk scans the game it comes up at the regular price, $29.99. I say isn't it $19.99, I saw it on YOUR website. He responds are you sure it wasn't gamestop. I say no, that goes on for a bit. He calls another store's manager and the manager confirms it is not $19.99. I walk out frustrated and without the game. If your stores dont honor what you advertise on your website, how can customer buy said advertised games. I am very angry at the fact that the ad stated valid 7/6 to 7/12 and it is very blatantly advertising that Dead Space is $19.99. I'm not sure who messed up, I dont really care. I just wanted the game for that price. I may just take the ad to Best Buy and have them price match it if the gamecrazy that I went to wont honor the price after I print and bring in the advertisement.

I never said what gamecrazy it was. I have no idea how the person who emailed me knew which store it was. But they did get the store right.

The store also called me this morning and said that the game price has been fixed and I can pick it up for $19.99.

I am very put off by Gamecrazy for now. I haven't shopped their since about 3 years ago, before the Hollywood video closed near my house.

[quote name='Scorch']GC rarely ever lowers the new price without lowering the used.

I'm pretty sure that this will be either $17.99 used or $14.99 used. I'd lean towards $17.99 used.[/QUOTE]

i don't see a wiki so not sure what the used price is for sure...instead of certain person being a duesch maybe someoe could just tell me what the used price is?

i don't want to help you after you start name calling, but if you would pick up a phone and call, you would have an answer already. if you would read the thread (or even ctrl+f and type in used so it will find that phrase in the page), you would see it's 14.99 used. don't name call next time when you won't even put forth an ounce of effort to find the answer on your own.

[quote name='rywateska']I just got this game via Goozex and started to play it last night on a non-hdtv with just component cables.

Has anyone else that's done this experienced really hard to see text/graphics? I understand that there's some games with poor text on standard def tv's (ie Dead Rising) but I may just have to put this on the shelf until I get a better tv.

Anyone have comments for this?[/QUOTE]

Most games are like that. They are mainly designed to go on wide screens, so if you watch it on a normal TV they get cramped up and maybe even cut off.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I am very put off by Gamecrazy for now. I haven't shopped their since about 3 years ago, before the Hollywood video closed near my house.[/QUOTE]

The last couple times I've been there the clerk would not stop trying to pitch me MVP and all that extra crap, no matter how many times I've said no. If it happens again, I may just walk out on them without the game while they're talking.

Went to Best Buy and price matched it. Nobody was really sure if it was OK to do since Gamecrazy is the next town over and they thought it was just a website, but they did it anyway. I think I'll keep this game in the plastic for the month though. I thought the retail price was $60, but isntead it was $30, meaning I "only" saved $10, plus they didn't do the 10% thing since I price matched on the spot (didn't want to deal with the hassle of buying it then immediately taking it to the service desk where they only -might- price match it since Gamecrazy isn't technically a local store here.

bread's done
Back