Dead Space 2 -- Discussion

[quote name='jaredstorm']Haha! We are more excited! I know I am, but many people have been hearing the X360 version is 2 discs. If this is the case I'll be sad, I plan on buying DS2 for both systems... just the 360 first. Controller is better in my opinions.[/QUOTE]

I don't know I dislike the xbox controller.

For anyone wondering, my auction for the Ser Isaac of Clarke Dragon Age armor is currently at $26 with over 4 days left. Seems like a good way to make some money back on this game!

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Dead Space on 360 is two discs......[/QUOTE]

That's terrible news indeed! Its still the system to get it on for me. Probably going to get it on PS3 later though. We shall see.

To answer some of your questions a day or so early Unboxing of the Collectors edition Dead Space 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Arnll8qqS8

the first copies of Dead Space 2 will be limited editions which include Extraction.. which is move compatible. Does not come with the xbox version

Limited Edition and Collectors Edition are two different things

[quote name='Mr Dude65']For anyone wondering, my auction for the Ser Isaac of Clarke Dragon Age armor is currently at $26 with over 4 days left. Seems like a good way to make some money back on this game![/QUOTE]

Jesus, is that included on all new copies, or is it a pre-order exclusive somewhere?

[quote name='drktrpr1']Jesus, is that included on all new copies, or is it a pre-order exclusive somewhere?[/QUOTE]

It probably comes with all copies. My EA store regular edition order came this morning and it was included. It also has an online pass code included so keep that in mind in case anyone was wanting to pick this up used and play it online.

[quote name='TC']It probably comes with all copies. My EA store regular edition order came this morning and it was included. It also has an online pass code included so keep that in mind in case anyone was wanting to pick this up used and play it online.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. What does the pass code include? Is it just a code that unlocks multiplayer?

On a side note, I'll definitely be ebaying the armor code, I made $22 back on a code included in Fallout: New Vegas. Who is buying all of these???

Update!!!!

Code just went from $26.00 to $36.99!!!!!!!!!

Definitely considering buying another copy of the game to sell off in pieces!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Update!!!!

Code just went from $26.00 to $36.99!!!!!!!!!

Definitely considering buying another copy of the game to sell off in pieces!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Proof positive I will never understand the desire to pay THAT much out of pocket for an armor code that isn't even edition exclusive. Granted it has solid all-around stats but come on now. Jesus...

So is that DLC only coming with the Xbox 360 version because I see a few of them on Ebay but none for the PS3

And does this come with the Collectors edition preorder because thats what I bought and I'll be throwing mine up there too haha

[quote name='Pirate331']I have to ask why a 2-disk game is terrible news. ME2 was 2 disks, and I found the transition rather painless.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Still, 2 discs? Thats pretty lame.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Me too! Still, 2 discs? Thats pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

Not really. That just means that there was more Dead Spacey goodness than they could pack into one disc!!!!! Excellent news in my honest opinion!

Ahhhhh I can't wait to be scared out of my mind...Too bad I have to wait until after work :whistle2:(

And my guess is that multiplayer stretched it out past the one-disc limit.

[quote name='theredworm']3 day 1 dlcs $5 each that are all unlocks off the disk (108kb downloads)[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about?

I'm assuming he/she meant there's launch DLC for content that's already on the disc. Pretty shitty practice but unless it's an extra chapter worth playing I will continue tradition by not buying a single piece of it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's just suits and weapons. Meaningless stuff. If people wanna pay $5 for each pack, let 'em.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much but thanks for the confirmation.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm assuming he/she meant there's launch DLC for content that's already on the disc. Pretty shitty practice but unless it's an extra chapter worth playing I will continue tradition by not buying a single piece of it.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok That's like when they put the different suits up on PSN that had different looks and abilities .. just giving you the opportunity to play it from the beginning with it with DLC ..

That's pretty cool I bought Dead Space used in a bundle a while back and had no idea what it was but ended up loving the game. I bought the black suit on PSN for the looks haha

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']haha CAG above who mentioned this ebay listing if this is you.. you're a lucky Motherf@#%% haha this damn Sir Isaac DLC is at $70 already with 2 days left

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Age-2-Is...096?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f83e5188[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I can still feel my face after being bombarded by such utter stupidity. Congratulations are in order to whomever is getting paid off of this nonsense.

[quote name='slickkill77']Oh EA.....

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/25/dead-space-2-dlc-severed-adds-two-single-player-chapters-brin/[/QUOTE]

LOL @ a release date of "soon." I'm glad to see EA is still living up to its "f*ck you - pay me" reputation. Of course the fact we got screwed out of an Extraction port makes the decision to the flip the bird back in their direction all the more satisfying.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm not sure I can still feel my face after being bombarded by such utter stupidity. Congratulations are in order to whomever is getting paid off of this nonsense.

LOL @ a release date of "soon." I'm glad to see EA is still living up to its "f*ck you - pay me" reputation. Of course the fact we got screwed out of an Extraction port makes the decision to the flip the bird back in their direction all the more satisfying.[/QUOTE]
haha yea and there's multiple people bidding that high on it.. I guess pays to be first on there but what I don't get is why they don't do a search and they'd find 11 more for the Xbox with a lot lower price tag.

And I'm guessing you bought the Xbox version .. luckily I got Ps3 version so Extraction came with mine

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm not sure I can still feel my face after being bombarded by such utter stupidity. Congratulations are in order to whomever is getting paid off of this nonsense.

No one will pay for it, its cheaper to just buy the game.

Up to Chapter 3, and I'm...needless to say...enjoying this shit out of this one. I might try out the MP later, but I don't know if I can pull myself away from the campaign.

I have the original sitting in a drawer in it's shrink-wrap. I suppose I ought to finally try it. Now I'm scared of the asteroid bit, though....

[quote name='crunchewy']I have the original sitting in a drawer in it's shrink-wrap. I suppose I ought to finally try it. Now I'm scared of the asteroid bit, though....[/QUOTE]

Don't be, it's not hard... I've beaten the whole game on Insanity mode (or whatever it's called) before.

Can't wait to sink my limbs into DS2 tonighttttt

[quote name='drktrpr1']Don't be, it's not hard... I've beaten the whole game on Insanity mode (or whatever it's called) before.

Can't wait to sink my limbs into DS2 tonighttttt[/QUOTE]

Don't believe him, when he beat it he was on a 36 hour meth high.

It's the controls that make it as terrible as it is. I mean - really? Use the right stick to aim?! Who thought that would be a good idea?!

The difficulty of the ADS canon section in the first game is insanely overblown. It was pretty easy. The real issue, though, is trying to get the achievement for finishing the section with 50% shields. Now, THAT might make you wanna rip your hair out.

[quote name='2DMention']Don't believe him, when he beat it he was on a 36 hour meth high.

It's the controls that make it as terrible as it is. I mean - really? Use the right stick to aim?! Who thought that would be a good idea?![/QUOTE]

Agreed, the controls are absolutely terrible in that section, but it only took me twelve or thirteen tries to do it.

Overall, I think Insanity took about 25 human hours to beat, purely because I died so often. I was drug free for most of it, unless you count a few beers.

You think regular DS1 is scary? Play on insanity, where two hits kills you. Guh. *Pops PTSD pills*

Shit. It is almost 7pm and my copy from Amazon still isn't here. Amazon says it'll be here and UPS says they don't even have the damn package.

PS: After calling Amazon, the order never went out. So they're sending me another copy which I won't get until Thursday and gave me a $15 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back