Dead Space 3 (X360/PS3), Crysis 3 (X360/PS3/PC) $20 each at Best Buy/Amazon

It shows that The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is also $30 on PC at Best Buy, I think it might be a mistake though, since it only shows up if you go to PC Games>On Sale>Show All and then it's in the list there, but when you click on the item it says it's $50 on its own page

Not bad for new pricing. Got both games used on Gamefly (PS3) and in perfect condition.

Thanks for posting OP.

is Dead Space 3 worth it at this price? big fan of 1 and bigger fan of 2, but heard and read enough things that makes me think 3 goes in a different direction (less atmospheric, designed to be played co-op) than the first two. thanks.  

Amazon has the Hunter edition and BB looks like they do not. Is paying for shipping with Amazon worth the upgrade to Hunter edition?

Waiting for Amazon to price match Humblebundle's 10 cent Dead Space 3.......................................

Waiting..........

Good deal.. might pick up a ps3 version of dead space.. trying to hold back from buying games for now though haven't had allot of free time for them...especially with GTA 5 right around the corner :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, so it looks like Amazon has the Hunter's Edition for Crysis 3 and the LE for Dead Space 3...I need each of these games for the collection. I wonder if those are just generic photos on BB's webiste..any indication that this is a week long sale? Might pop into a store rather than chance not getting the better editions if I do an in-store pickup. I have BB credit to burn..

is Dead Space 3 worth it at this price? big fan of 1 and bigger fan of 2, but heard and read enough things that makes me think 3 goes in a different direction (less atmospheric, designed to be played co-op) than the first two. thanks.
I only recently played the Dead Space series. Finished 1 about 3 months ago, and 2 about 1 1/2 months ago, i'm currently in the middle of 3 (somewhere around 50-60% through it I'd guess). I thought they nailed the atmosphere in 1, and 2 was even better with upgraded combat mechanics and whatnot. So far, 3 hasn't been as bad as people made it out to be. There are some changes, namely all the weapons and ammo are resources based. There is less of a "isolated on a spaceship" survival horror vibe, absolutely, but it's still worth playing if you enjoyed the first 2 games. For 20 bucks I would buy it if I didn't already have it, for sure, especially if you have any buddies that would co-op with you, but I've been playing solo and enjoying it.

I'm wondering if console versions of Crysis 3 are worth a damn. I never played 1, and I thought 2 was OK but nothing special really, just another shooting game IMO with some added sci-fi stuff that never really went that deep. I don't have a PC capable of running 3, so I'd have to get it on consoles, but I don't even want it if it's some gimped down version. Don't need to waste $20 when I just dropped $80 on SE version of GTA5 (and I don't even know why I really did that, $20 extra for a f'in map poster, a fancy tin box, and some in-game unlocks that will inevitably be put out for free or very cheap later on down the line)

I agree that DS1 and DS2 were great.  However Dead Space 3 was kinda of a let down...it didn't have that "scary" feel to it...either because they toned it down or we were use to it in the first 2.  I honestly did not feel the need to replay it after I beat it, unlike the first two.

I only recently played the Dead Space series. Finished 1 about 3 months ago, and 2 about 1 1/2 months ago, i'm currently in the middle of 3 (somewhere around 50-60% through it I'd guess). I thought they nailed the atmosphere in 1, and 2 was even better with upgraded combat mechanics and whatnot. So far, 3 hasn't been as bad as people made it out to be. There are some changes, namely all the weapons and ammo are resources based. There is less of a "isolated on a spaceship" survival horror vibe, absolutely, but it's still worth playing if you enjoyed the first 2 games. For 20 bucks I would buy it if I didn't already have it, for sure, especially if you have any buddies that would co-op with you, but I've been playing solo and enjoying it.
thank you.

With BB offering $13 Trade in for Dead Space 3, this makes it a no-brainer purchase IMO.

If u dont end up liking the new play mechanics just trade it in with 50% bonus for around $20 credit.

Crysis 3 I'm tempted to try.

DS3 I didn't care for. It also has a pay to win EA mechanic if you wish.
Considering there's a way to get all the parts you need in weapon crafting without having to buy anything and EA fully acknowledges and doesn't care to patch it, I'd hard call it an EA mechanic.

I ended up ordering on Deadspace 3, I actually really want to play right now. It will be bumped to the front of my backlog when it comes!

Ordered C3: HE for pickup (my friend ordered theirs through Amazon). Can wait on D3 to drop even lower for BF.

Thanks OP.

Any confirmation if amazon actually has the special editions over bestbuy? Or is it just the wrong picture?

Ordered 2 copies (coop with a friend) from Amazon, both Limited Edition. I can also confirm that the online pass is free now (no code necessary).

bread's done
Back