Dead Space & free 1-2 day shipping total - $9.97 on EA.com

Damn. I checked yesterday and was seeing the $19.95. Now the correct price is listed but you have to pay $7 shipping. Guess I'm not getting it yet.

Got my copy earlier today thanks OP! Gonna keep it sealed until opening presents time lol ps3 GH version.

I love when people don't buy games for the case. They don't deserve to play the game let someone who actually cares about playing the game catch the sale not some ocd shit head who is obsessed with the color of their game casing. Its really immature and childish in the end. But then again when i was 16 i was sort of the same way, what was always more important was that the game was complete to me. Sure hope you kids grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='needler420']I love when people don't buy games for the case. They don't deserve to play the game let someone who actually cares about playing the game catch the sale not some ocd shit head who is obsessed with the color of their game casing. Its really immature and childish in the end. But then again when i was 16 i was sort of the same way, what was always more important was that the game was complete to me. Sure hope you kids grow up.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit harsh, no? I see things from your perspective, but to each his own. One has a right to one's personal preferences, and the mere fact that on so trivial an issue you toss around a phrase like "ocd shit head" speaks more to your immaturity, don't you think?

[quote name='Heavyd814life']That's a bit harsh, no? I see things from your perspective, but to each his own. One has a right to one's personal preferences, and the mere fact that on so trivial an issue you toss around a phrase like "ocd shit head" speaks more to your immaturity, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

I admit it was harsh but not playing a game for the case is plain stupid:bomb:.

the key is to get enough platinum hits/greatest hits games so that you can group them together separately and they no longer stand out. ive bought 2 gh titles in 2 weeks (demon souls w/soundtrack and artbook and now dead space), perhaps its time to add to the collection so they dont feel lonely next to all the clear cases :D

Didn't get mine in time for Christmas. No tracking number or order number or anything. But I was charged, though. Pretty weird.

I don't care if they ship it out next week as long as they do.

Damn dudes, if the "OCD shithead" comments are directed at me, I guess you missed the point that it was supposed to be lighthearted. I'm not going to "not play a game because of the color of the case," did you not notice the next fucking sentence where I said I was going to pick it up on eBay? If it was still $10/free ship I would have jumped on it, but at $17+ I don't really need it now.

Wow... :roll:

[quote name='Se7en69']Didn't get mine in time for Christmas. No tracking number or order number or anything. But I was charged, though. Pretty weird.

I don't care if they ship it out next week as long as they do.[/QUOTE]

Same here... If their inventory system is a mess and we ordered it during the time they were sold out then gg...

[quote name='Calinks']Man this game is hard as hell and I just started![/QUOTE]
haha What level are you playing it on? Wait till you try to get the achievement or trophy "beating it on the hardest level" or "the one gun" which you go through the entire game with the original weapon and thats it..

Once you get into it it will suck you in but you just have to get used to his controls and movements and all.. It's a badass game I've been playing the Demo of Dead Space 2 and I, myself had to remember how to do a few things because it's been so long since I played it through.

I played it through 3 times to get every trophy (I'm a trophy whore) but love the game

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']haha What level are you playing it on? Wait till you try to get the achievement or trophy "beating it on the hardest level" or "the one gun" which you go through the entire game with the original weapon and thats it..

Once you get into it it will suck you in but you just have to get used to his controls and movements and all.. It's a badass game I've been playing the Demo of Dead Space 2 and I, myself had to remember how to do a few things because it's been so long since I played it through.

I played it through 3 times to get every trophy (I'm a trophy whore) but love the game[/QUOTE]

I'm playing on hard. This laser gun thing, I'm terrible with it. I can't seem to their limbs for crap lol. I just got done doing a part where I had to get this key. There were about 10 of those "things" and I pretty much just had to run through to succeed in the end. I died like 12 times haha.

[quote name='Calinks']I'm playing on hard. This laser gun thing, I'm terrible with it. I can't seem to their limbs for crap lol. I just got done doing a part where I had to get this key. There were about 10 of those "things" and I pretty much just had to run through to succeed in the end. I died like 12 times haha.[/QUOTE]
Hard is a bitch, especially starting off not playing the game before. My tip would be aim for the neck or head or definitely take out the legs then they can't get to you as fast haha and stomp the shit out of them it gives you items

Thanks for the tips. The freaking game froze after I got out of there so I hope I don't have to do that crap over again. Next time though, I will aim for the legs and crush some domes with my stomp. Sounds like fun. The enemies are crazy but I still feel pretty empowered in that cool looking suit. So far I really dig the atmosphere.

[quote name='Calinks']Thanks for the tips. The freaking game froze after I got out of there so I hope I don't have to do that crap over again. Next time though, I will aim for the legs and crush some domes with my stomp. Sounds like fun. The enemies are crazy but I still feel pretty empowered in that cool looking suit. So far I really dig the atmosphere.[/QUOTE]
Go on the PS store they have a bunch of different suits you can download to play through in. I got the black one I forgot what it was called. Just liked the look of it.

Want to vomit after receiving the red box Greatest Hits version.
Hopefully I can find a regular version out there in retail, so I can swap it with a buy (regular version) & return (ugly red box version). If not I am going to sell it or maybe return it.

[quote name='miriamleo']Want to vomit after receiving the red box Greatest Hits version.
Hopefully I can find a regular version out there in retail, so I can swap it with a buy (regular version) & return (ugly red box version). If not I am going to sell it or maybe return it.[/QUOTE]
That's so focking retarded that you're bitching about the color of the box, you got a tight ass game expedited shipping for $10. GET OVER IT, go to blockbuster and ask them for a clear box whiny ass

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']That's so focking retarded that you're bitching about the color of the box, you got a tight ass game expedited shipping for $10. GET OVER IT, go to blockbuster and ask them for a clear box whiny ass[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I love this game and don't care whether it's PH/GH -- thanks for the great deal, OP!

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']That's so focking retarded that you're bitching about the color of the box, you got a tight ass game expedited shipping for $10. GET OVER IT, go to blockbuster and ask them for a clear box whiny ass[/QUOTE]

Hey "focking retard", there are ton of people who hate the ugly red box, especially game collector. Maybe you will never understand because you are probably the kind that doesn't care when a copy of game is missing manual, horribly scratching disc, or simply come in paper sleeve.

[quote name='miriamleo']Hey "focking retard", there are ton of people who hate the ugly red box, especially game collector. Maybe you will never understand because you are probably the kind that doesn't care when a copy of game is missing manual, horribly scratching disc, or simply come in paper sleeve.[/QUOTE]

Wow -- a bit harsh, doncha think? I mean, the OP provided a great deal on an awesome game -- it was pretty clear this would be a PH/GH version, especially given the game came out 2+ years ago. I mean, did you really think you were getting the non-PH/GH version?

Listen, I won't criticize for the PH/GH hatred, but I think you if you're REALLY big on that kind of stuff, never to order online without checking first. I used to be like you so I always bought from eBay or Half.com where I could ask users whether a game was complete, PH/GH, etc.

I think it's sort of crazy to order a game blind online and then complain it's GH/PH -- again, especially when the game is 2+ years old and practically every retailer (like Amazon) are selling the PH/GH version. Only place you're going to find a non-GH/PH now is through ebay/Half.

And as for being a game collector, let me just add that I always find it sort of funny when so-called game collectors complain about PH/GH versions and are collecting games that have sold gazillions of copies. These titles are NEVER going to be worth much. It's sort of like the guy who collects FF12 or Twisted Metal Black -- I mean, those games will never hold value.

Real game collectors are those who track down and secure copies of Ar Tonelico (LE) or Space Channel 5 Part 2 for Dreamcast from Japan. Now those are for game collectors. Dead Space on 360 or PS3? IMHO, for a real game collector, not at all worth the hassle for a non-GH/PH.

[quote name='miriamleo']Want to vomit after receiving the red box Greatest Hits version.
Hopefully I can find a regular version out there in retail, so I can swap it with a buy (regular version) & return (ugly red box version). If not I am going to sell it or maybe return it.[/QUOTE]
For a member since 2003 i thought you would be more grown up. I mean member since 2003 you have to be at least in your twenties.:applause:

[quote name='miriamleo']Hey "focking retard", there are ton of people who hate the ugly red box, especially game collector. Maybe you will never understand because you are probably the kind that doesn't care when a copy of game is missing manual, horribly scratching disc, or simply come in paper sleeve.[/QUOTE]

That's not the case the game is new sealed not scratched or used and the manual is there at that point you shouldn't care if the case was pink unless your still 16 years old.

[quote name='miriamleo']Hey "focking retard", there are ton of people who hate the ugly red box, especially game collector. Maybe you will never understand because you are probably the kind that doesn't care when a copy of game is missing manual, horribly scratching disc, or simply come in paper sleeve.[/QUOTE]I am much more of a collector than you'll probably ever be. Coming from someone who started on an Atari 2600, then to a 5200..then to nintendo..super nintendo..nintendo 64.. PS2.. now Finally PS3..I have some of the best titles.. an unbelievable selection for my PS3 now, no shit games..I am beyond anal when it comes to my games. There flawless.. not a scratch, they ALL have the manual and they ALL have the original case. There even in order by genre, sports, racing, FPS..etc. I don't like the gaudy red boxes that PS3 uses either but if it's a good deal on the game WHO GIVES A SHIT?? That's a steal for that good of a title and that price as well as free 1-2 day shipping. You're probably one of those people who would find something to bitch about anything.

I on the other hand am crafty .. I've swapped out all of my fugly red boxes for pretty clear ones at Blockbuster. Or swapped them with games I bought with the intent to flip..UFC 2009, Need for Speed Shift..etc.

Just goes to show some people you can never please.
I

I got mine in today. It's the Platinum Hits version. It's not a real big deal or anything, but I would have preferred the original, just for the sake of consistency in my library. I'm a little OCD about it, lol. I'm gonna see if I can't trade it for a normal copy at Gamestop or Gorilla Games, or something.

Still, good shipping, good price. Can't complain.

I understand both sides of the case debacle. I'm oddly OCD about the organization of my games, I'm not really organized in any other facet of my life but if I look at my games or DVD's and they're not neatly lined up it bothers the hell out of me. I ran into a real conundrum when I had to face facts that it just wasn't practical to lug around the cases with me when I went to to school and so I had to pile them all into a CD filer. But yeah since the regular Xbox started the GH with silver cases it irked me, throws off the uniformity of games when they're in different colors. I don't care enough to do anything about it but I understand the frustration. To be fair the more you get the better it looks as the uniformity returns.

Yea, actually, I've been looking at it more, and the Plat Hits looks nice with the Dead Space cover. Still prefer the original, though :p

bread's done
Back