Dead Space Ignition - Free w/ Pre-order of Dead Space 2

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
Dead Space - Ignition hits PSN Oct. 12th and XBL Oct. 13th, it's basically a motion comic with three mini games in it, but it's a prequel to Dead Space 2 (with four unique endings!), and if you complete it you unlock a new outfit for Dead Space 2, the 'Hacker Suit.'

Now Ignition is set to be $4.99 or 400 MS Points, but as the Playstation blog just announced, it's going to be free for anyone who pre-orders Dead Space 2. Amazon, the EA store, and Gamestop will email / print out on the receipt a unique code for you to redeem at http://www.dsignition.com/ which then will give you a unique download code for Dead Space Ignition on your platform of choice.

Dead Space's Facebook page confirmed this deal is applicable to both platforms, sorry for the confusion. - Thanks Crimzun Wolf

As
kidrocklive points out, Dead Space's website lists Amazon and GameStop as their retail partners, so expect at least those two, and EA's store is also a likely candidate.

Producer of Dead Space 2, Rich Briggs, has also responded to a few posts on the PSblog, giving details of "but if you already pre-ordered there will be a rave card with a code on it waiting for you, provided that the retailer is participating in the program." I'm not sure what to think about this, this isn't even applicable to Amazon first off, and GameStop seems to have done away with the voucher cards, and uses codes printed out on receipts of games lately.

This promotion is also bound to the UK. An EA-UK press release just said that GAME and Gamestation will be the participating retailers there.

Will update when more info is available.

Here's a picture of the Hacker Suit unlock.

5070971704_9c38496978_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mxpowar']I'm hoping that another retailer will participate in this, too. Anyone at all besides Gamestop...[/QUOTE]

I heard Amazon was doing it as well...

[quote name='JVorhees#1']I thought this was suppose to be $5, its $10 on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a rep at EA is looking into the price goof-up. It is supposed to be $5.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Gonna call GS tomorrow and hopefully get emailed a code.[/QUOTE]

If you ordered it online that is the way to go. If you ordered in-store it may take a visit (or a phone call if they know you).

Is it just me or does the art in this "game" look like it was done by a 5 year old? For something being called an interactive comic it should have had better art.

[quote name='IB O IR ID O']If you ordered it online that is the way to go. If you ordered in-store it may take a visit (or a phone call if they know you).[/QUOTE]

I just remembered I have this pre-ordered at EA's store and Amazon but not GS lol.... figures

Regardless of what Sony's Twitter account says, it's still listed at $9.99 in the PSN store.

So I now have one 16-digit code from Gamestop that I have to enter on DSIgnition.com tomorrow to redeem for a 12-digit code for the PSN store...can't do it today for some stupid reason.

I went ahead and downloaded the demo. This "game" is utter shit and I really hope no one pays $9.99 for this. I don't even want to pay $4.99 for it...the only way I'm going to play this is if Gamestop follows through and their code works properly.

[quote name='tcatsninfan']I went ahead and downloaded the demo. This "game" is utter shit.[/QUOTE]

IMO, any preview of it would have told you that much. For free I am not gonna complain but much like that fable 2 "arcade game", it should have always been free.

When I heard about Ignition last week I couldn't have cared less about it. EA throws out that it's free for pre-orders and suddenly I want to know when I'll get my code and starting to get annoyed that Amazon hasn't added it to their listing or mentioned sending out codes.

Ignition is correctly listed as $4.99 in the (PSN) store for me right now, not sure if it was $9.99 for me earlier or not. First time I've checked.

There's also a free demo, though, I'd rather just wait to hear back from Gamestop.

Amazon is officially NOT participating in this promotion and will NOT be giving away free codes for ignition.

This was their (customer service) response:
"I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Dead Space 2 we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion."
http://www.amazon.com/Space-Ignitio...ncoding=UTF8&asin=B00309XHD0&store=videogames

Also, the dead space 2 collector's edition was leaked and it apparently comes with a replica plasma cutter:
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-spoil-...ncoding=UTF8&asin=B00309XHD0&store=videogames
and
http://www.devicemag.com/2010/10/12/dead-space-2-collectors-edition-accidentally-revealed-by-amazon/
Dead-Space-2.jpg

[quote name='PublikDefender']Amazon is officially NOT participating in this promotion and will NOT be giving away free codes for ignition.

"I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Dead Space 2 we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion."
http://www.amazon.com/Space-Ignitio...ncoding=UTF8&asin=B00309XHD0&store=videogames

Also, the dead space 2 collector's edition was leaked and it apparently comes with a replica plasma cutter:
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-spoil-...ncoding=UTF8&asin=B00309XHD0&store=videogames
and
http://www.devicemag.com/2010/10/12/dead-space-2-collectors-edition-accidentally-revealed-by-amazon/[/QUOTE]

Hopefully just a misinformed customer service rep. If not, that sucks.

If Amazon doesn't, what is there really to stop you from going into Gamestop, pre-ordering the game for $5 and getting the code. Downloading it. Going back next week sometime and canceling your pre-order?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Amazon is officially NOT participating in this promotion and will NOT be giving away free codes for ignition.

and
http://www.devicemag.com/2010/10/12/dead-space-2-collectors-edition-accidentally-revealed-by-amazon/
Dead-Space-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the plasma cutter will be regular size or if it actually fits on a keychain...

Ah who am I kidding, this thing is going to cost $150 and there's no way I'd pay that much for a game.

I'd buy the collectors edition at $80, I'd buy it at $100 if the 360 version had the free Dead Space: Extraction and comes with Ignition for preordering.

but yeah, most likely it'll be $100 + and the 360 version doesnt have extraction, and i dont have a ps3, so meh

Amazon's product page for Dead Space 2 now lists the offer:

Pre-order Dead Space 2 for PS3 or Xbox 360 and get a free download of Dead Space Ignition on Playstation Network or Xbox Live. Download includes the full Dead Space Ignition downloadable game as well as two unique unlockables for Dead Space 2! Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

I'm glad Amazon is acknowledging the free Ignition but are we really supposed to wait till it ships to get the code? And is it confirmed to have just 2 unlockables for DS2?

and
Dead-Space-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh. Thank you for sharing. This looks quite enticing. $80 enticing.. not $100.

Why isn't this announced yet? It's such a hassle to change preorders from standard to collectors editions. Still waiting on mass effect 2 ps3 collectors edition to be announced, but I don't even know that that's happening for a fact.

[quote name='Sway']I'm glad Amazon is acknowledging the free Ignition but are we really supposed to wait till it ships to get the code? And is it confirmed to have just 2 unlockables for DS2?[/QUOTE]
No idea about Amazon and the code, but two unlockables? I just knew about the one, although I haven't really been paying too close of attention.

[quote name='Sway']I'm glad Amazon is acknowledging the free Ignition but are we really supposed to wait till it ships to get the code?[/QUOTE]

That would be REALLY dumb

[quote name='BudzMcGee']If Amazon doesn't, what is there really to stop you from going into Gamestop, pre-ordering the game for $5 and getting the code. Downloading it. Going back next week sometime and canceling your pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Return fraud police? Seriously, that's no different from stealing.

[quote name='Serpentor']Return fraud police? Seriously, that's no different from stealing.[/QUOTE]

It's not return fraud. The game is free with pre-order, not with purchase. And even then I don't think it would qualify as return fraud. It's not stealing.

[quote name='louiedog']It's not return fraud. The game is free with pre-order, not with purchase. And even then I don't think it would qualify as return fraud. It's not stealing.[/QUOTE]

I'll let someone else argue with your about it being stealing or not.

The reason I wouldn't do it is because I'm lazy and it requires me to make a second trip to Gamestop just to cancel a pre-order.

Hmm, did anybody actually review or play this DLC? As exciting as it sounds to get something free, it looks like a bunch of mini-games wrapped around a comic. If the mini-games aren't fun, it all could just be garbage (free garbage, but garbage).

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, did anybody actually review or play this DLC? As exciting as it sounds to get something free, it looks like a bunch of mini-games wrapped around a comic. If the mini-games aren't fun, it all could just be garbage (free garbage, but garbage).[/QUOTE]

ign gave it a 4.5 lol

Just pre-ordered from Amazon and they sent me the code instantly by email.

-----

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of "Dead Space 2." Now it's time to get you your bonus code.

Here is your bonus code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

This code will give you access to "Dead Space Ignition"

How to Use Your Code:
Step 1: Log on to the web browser of your choice and go to www.dsignition.com.
Step 2: Follow the on-screen instructions, and make sure you select your appropriate platform (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 system) when prompted.
Step 3: You will then be prompted to enter the unique redemption key found above.
Step 4: You will receive a new live code for your selected platform (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3) to download "Dead Space Ignition."
Step 5: Download Dead Space Ignition to your gaming console using the live code you received in step 4.

On XBOX Live press the guide button and go to the marketplace. Select "Redeem Code." Enter code and download. On PlayStation Network sign in and highlight "Account Management" and press the X button. Highlight "Redeem Codes" and press the X button. Enter the code above and download.

Dead Space Ignition will be added to your account and appear in the "download" list for you to download.

Note: each claim code is unique and can't be shared. Redemption codes expire 4/24/2011.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com/games.

~Amazon.com Video Games Editors

Order Id reference: x
Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be a Cheap Ass, but with all the uncertainty and lameness involving information releases on this game, I just outright bought it. It's only $5, and it's Dead Space related. I figure even if it's a bad game, it's probably going to be good story, and for $5, not really losing much. Especially since I bought a ton of the PSN cards when KMart was pretty much giving them away with the coupons.

So I tried to use the chat function to get my DLC code from Amazon. They told me I had to call CS and gave me the #. I called them and was transferred to another department. After they looked into it, the guy said I was at the wrong department that they dealt with actual game downloads from amazon (not DLC) so I was transferred again. Now this guy after figuring out what was going on said I had to be emailed a response due to the fact this was through a vendor that they are offering these codes. They emailed the department directly and said that I should get an email back in 24 hrs but might vary depending on how much research needs to be done on my order to see what is up.

I never realized it would be such an ordeal to be emailed a code lol.

Edit: Just as a note I pre-ordered this last year in December.

[quote name='Cuksis']Just pre-ordered from Amazon and they sent me the code instantly by email.

-----

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of "Dead Space 2." Now it's time to get you your bonus code.

Here is your bonus code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

This code will give you access to "Dead Space Ignition"

How to Use Your Code:
Step 1: Log on to the web browser of your choice and go to www.dsignition.com.
Step 2: Follow the on-screen instructions, and make sure you select your appropriate platform (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 system) when prompted.
Step 3: You will then be prompted to enter the unique redemption key found above.
Step 4: You will receive a new live code for your selected platform (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3) to download "Dead Space Ignition."
Step 5: Download Dead Space Ignition to your gaming console using the live code you received in step 4.

On XBOX Live press the guide button and go to the marketplace. Select "Redeem Code." Enter code and download. On PlayStation Network sign in and highlight "Account Management" and press the X button. Highlight "Redeem Codes" and press the X button. Enter the code above and download.

Dead Space Ignition will be added to your account and appear in the "download" list for you to download.

Note: each claim code is unique and can't be shared. Redemption codes expire 4/24/2011.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com/games.

~Amazon.com Video Games Editors

Order Id reference: x
Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post! Can anyone else confirm?

EA dropped the ball here, why not make it free, a pre-order does not equal a sale once the game comes out, people cancel pre-orders all the time. Make it free for everyone and increase the base of users interested in your game exponentially. Of course if it sucks that might be a bad thing.

[quote name='kidrocklive']So I tried to use the chat function to get my DLC code from Amazon. They told me I had to call CS and gave me the #. I called them and was transferred to another department. After they looked into it, the guy said I was at the wrong department that they dealt with actual game downloads from amazon (not DLC) so I was transferred again. Now this guy after figuring out what was going on said I had to be emailed a response due to the fact this was through a vendor that they are offering these codes. They emailed the department directly and said that I should get an email back in 24 hrs but might vary depending on how much research needs to be done on my order to see what is up.

I never realized it would be such an ordeal to be emailed a code lol.

Edit: Just as a note I pre-ordered this last year in December.[/QUOTE]

I also pre-ordered back in Dec, but rather than jump through all those hoops, I simply pre-ordered it again. I received my code, redeemed it, then canceled my second superfluous pre-order.

[quote name='mkernan']I also pre-ordered back in Dec, but rather than jump through all those hoops, I simply pre-ordered it again. I received my code, redeemed it, then canceled my second superfluous pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yeah I guess that would work too. Since I already have this ball "in motion" I'll wait a day or two and see if I get anything and if not I'll do that.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Thanks for the post! Can anyone else confirm?[/QUOTE]

I can actually confirm my request for confirmation. E-mail was sent instantly.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I can actually confirm my request for confirmation. E-mail was sent instantly.[/QUOTE]
Yup. :) Thanks for the tips.

[quote name='kidrocklive']ign gave it a 4.5 lol[/QUOTE]

This! While I don't trust IGN all that much, that's low enough for me not to even bother with the demo. Wish I didn't waste the bandwidth downloading it. The mini-games just looked boring, and only an excuse not to narrate the entire comic to you in a few seconds.

This morning I pre-ordered it for the PS3 but didn't get a code like the guy above. So just now I canceled that order, instead getting the Xbox 360 version and they sent the code immediately.

[quote name='mkernan']I also pre-ordered back in Dec, but rather than jump through all those hoops, I simply pre-ordered it again. I received my code, redeemed it, then canceled my second superfluous pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I figure I might end up with three of these codes, if they ever actually bother to announce that special edition. Been waiting a while for that announcement. Just hope it's not TOO much money, or that they pack a lot of extras into it to make it worthwhile.

bread's done
Back