[DEAD?] The NEW Circuit City $1.99 Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thanks to CouRageouS for the original list. Newest additions are marked by **.

Playstation 2
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Aqua Aqua
Alter Echo
Auto Modellista
Backyard Basketball
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Blood Omen 2
Bombastic
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Cat in the Hat
Chessmaster
Commandos 2
Disaster Report
Disney's PK out of the shadows
Dynasty Warriors 4 XL **
Escape from Monkey Island
Eve of Extinction
Everquest Online Adventures
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
ESPN X-Games Skateboarding
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Frequency
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Grandia II
Gungrave
Haunted Mansion
Herdy Gerdy
I-Ninja
Jampack Vol. 10
Jampack Vol. 11
Jeopardy
Jet X2O
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix
Kinetica
La Pucelle Tactics
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur
Maximo GH
Men in Black 2 Alien Escape
Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago
Monster Jam Maximum Destruction
My Street
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2002
NCAA March Madness 2003
Oni
Project Eden
Pryzm Chapter One The Dark Unicorn
Rally Fusion PS2
Robot Alchemic Drive
Rygar
Scorpion King
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Silpheed
Smugglers' Run
Spawn: Armageddon
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars : Racer Revenge
State of Emergency
State of Emergency GH
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Taz Wanted
Tekken Tag GH
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Twisted Metal Black
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Wallace and Gromit
Whirl Tour
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks
X-Men: Next Dimension
X-Squad
Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Big Mutha Truckers
Bloodrayne
Circus Maximus
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702)
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha **
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Great Escape
Gunvalkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
I-Ninja
Inside Pitch 2003
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (UPC 047875802513)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Minority Report
Mojo Morrowind XB
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX Superfly
Myst III Exile
Nascar Thunder 2002
New Legends
NHL 2002
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddyssee
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Thing
Transworld Snowboarding
Triple Play 2002
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
X2 Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA

Gamecube
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
I-Ninja
Jeremy Mcragth Racing
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
Prince of Persia Sands of Time **
Smashing Drive
Skies of Arcadia Legends
UFC Throwdown
WWE WrestleMania XIX

GBA
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Cat in the Hat
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
ESPN International Track & Field (GBC)
Earthworm Jim
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
The Incredible Hulk
Legends of Wrestling II
Madden NFL 2004
Metal of Honor : Infiltrator
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits **
(Midway version, not Majesco version, check by looking at the bottom right corner of the front)
Pinball of The Dead
Pinobee
Razor Scooter GBA
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Well, back on topic :D.

I checked out the one CC in my area that ever had any of the $1.99 games - no luck (I never was able to find *any* of the $1.99 GC games - their GC section is pathetic). So then I took one last look through the GBA section. Nothing there of interest except several copies of PoP, tagged $29.99. OK, I thought, worth a shot - so I find an employee, and using my standard I-heard-it-from-CAG line, said "I heard this might be on sale, could you please scan it for me?". He scans it and says I'm right - but it is $14.96. So, anyway, if you were looking for the GameBoy version for relatively cheap, it should be $14.96 at CC...

If only this was posted a day earlier I would of checked out the games at CC when I was there to pick up dvds. O well no big loss if it is just this game. It is just this one, right?

[quote name='Maverick CRV']I got mine from the CC in Beaumont, TX.
[/QUOTE]

You're the first cheapass gamer that I know of here in southeast Texas.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't like you and I hope you're banned from the site.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm all with you on this one Scorch.

Too bad I got PoP back when they were giving away Splinter Cell with it. Seemed like a good deal at the time. Of course, I would have had to wait more than a year to get this deal.

I just got back from CC. They had no record of that SKU in the POS. They had no copies there and when i aked them to look it up they couldn't even find it. WTF. I persisted but to no avail

[quote name='coolpapa']You're the first cheapass gamer that I know of here in southeast Texas.[/QUOTE]

What am I, chopped liver?!

Just kidding. :)

I went to Circuit last night, but couldn't get to the video games section because the store was close to closing already, and they were trying to get everyone to leave. If I go again soon, I'll look and if there are some, I'll try to get a few copies for fellow CAGs.

Yeah. I don't like hoarders. When I was a kid, I used to buy... say three copies of a game. Keep one for myself and sell the other two. Just because I was too young to get a job.
Now I buy one copy, and keep an eye out for friends and CAGers. Get a(another) job if you can't pay the bills. =/

Went in looking for this game. Of course I didn't see any. But I was able to get 2 copies of I-Ninja (GC) for $2 each. They were the only copies on the shelf.

[quote name='Ben']Is there a list of games that are $2, or is it just PoP:Sot and i-Ninja at this point?[/QUOTE]
Well, there is a thread with all the $2 games a few pages back...But it got locked for no reason.

I think a new $1.99 game thread should be started with the old list and it should be noted in the 1st post to keep the thread 100% on topic so it doesn't get locked.

For those lazy to search here is the most recent list, sans PS1. The UPC/Value Sticker thing still applies. Yoshi I agree with a new thread, but alternatively a mod can just rename this thread and add this to the front page.

Print this out and while your looking, scan stuff just to see if its cheap or not. I put ** next to the newest additions.

Playstation 2
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Aqua Aqua
Alter Echo
Auto Modellista
Backyard Basketball
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Blood Omen 2
Bombastic
Big Mutha Truckers
Cat in the Hat
Chessmaster
Commandos 2
Disaster Report
Disney's PK out of the shadows
Dynasty Warriors 4 XL **
Escape from Monkey Island
Eve of Extinction
Everquest Online Adventures
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
ESPN X-Games Skateboarding
Frequency
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Grandia II
Gungrave
Haunted Mansion
Herdy Gerdy
I-Ninja
Jampack Vol. 10
Jampack Vol. 11
Jeopardy
Jet X2O
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix
Kinetica
La Pucelle Tactics
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur
Maximo GH
Men in Black 2 Alien Escape
Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago
Monster Jam Maximum Destruction
My Street
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2002
NCAA March Madness 2003
Oni
Project Eden
Pryzm Chapter One The Dark Unicorn
Rally Fusion PS2
Robot Alchemic Drive
Rygar
Scorpion King
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Silpheed
Smugglers' Run
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars : Racer Revenge
State of Emergency
State of Emergency GH
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Taz Wanted
Tekken Tag GH
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Twisted Metal Black
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Wallace and Gromit
Whirl Tour
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks
X-Men: Next Dimension
X-Squad
Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Big Mutha Truckers
Bloodrayne
Circus Maximus
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702)
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha **
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Great Escape
Gunvalkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
I-Ninja
Inside Pitch 2003
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (UPC 047875802513)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Minority Report
Mojo Morrowind XB
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX Superfly
Myst III Exile
Nascar Thunder 2002
New Legends
NHL 2002
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddyssee
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Thing
Transworld Snowboarding
Triple Play 2002
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
X2 Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA

Gamecube
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
I-Ninja
Jeremy Mcragth Racing
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
Prince of Persia Sands of Time **
Smashing Drive
Skies of Arcadia Legends
UFC Throwdown
WWE WrestleMania XIX

GBA
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Cat in the Hat
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
ESPN International Track & Field (GBC)
Earthworm Jim
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
The Incredible Hulk
Legends of Wrestling II
Madden NFL 2004
Metal of Honor : Infiltrator
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits **
(Midway version, not Majesco version, check by looking at the bottom right corner of the front)
Pinball of The Dead
Pinobee
Razor Scooter GBA
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Games that aren't $1.99 - These are ones that I tried myself, it would be helpful if everyone could add to it.
Monster Rancher 3 PS2 $15
Onimusha 3 PS2 $12.99
Stuntman Non-GH PS2
Unlimited Saga PS2

And as a friendly reminder, be on the look out for are the 'Not for Resale' 1 cent MAT2 for PS2/Xbox.

Also if anyone's interested, my closest CC has had these games still there for awhile not and I'll pick them up for anyone who may want them-
Alter Echo PS2
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse GC
Jeremy Mcragth Racing GC
Looney Tunes: Back in Action GC
MX Superfly GC
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits GC

Also keep in mind most of these games have been known for almost a month now, so don't expect to walk into the store with the list and coming out with dozens of games. Just have a list in your car and whenever you pop into CC, scope out the game section with your list. Personally the most I've come away with on one trip was 8, but that was way in the beginning. The way stock moves around seems to be quite random. I've gone to the same CCs a couple days later and still finding one or two I didn't see the previous visit.

first off.. Boo to the hoarder.. i don't mind picking up say 2 or 3 of a "good deal " game.. but hoarding ALL the copies is not cool. and very rude. and it is probably why you do not work at said store anymore (stores use the sales to get people into their stores... if ALL the cheap games blow no one will by them but if they find some cool game like PoP for 2 bucks they are more likely to come back to the store to look around at games again.) so boo to you for ruining your store for cheap gamers.

now.. that is freaking awesome.. i wish i could get in on the CC deal but not one is near me..

So all the games on Courageous' list are all $1.99? My CC had many of those games on an endcap that were all marked at $10. A sign above the games said something like "All games $10" I know I noticed Silpheed and Project Eden there. Anyone else's CC situated like this and can say they are $1.99?

[quote name='JohnSexton']What's the trick with the value sticker on these games? Don't they have to scan one barcode and not another or something?[/QUOTE]
It isn't really a trick, basically you want the original UPC/Barcode. If it has a value sticker and a sticker over the barcode on the back with a generic UPC, it won't be $1.99. They'll also ring up as 'PS2 Value Game $14.99' or whatever price instead of the games actual title.

[quote name='CouRageouS']It isn't really a trick, basically you want the original UPC/Barcode. If it has a value sticker and a sticker over the barcode on the back with a generic UPC, it won't be $1.99. They'll also ring up as 'PS2 Value Game $14.99' or whatever price instead of the games actual title.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I think you answered my question. All the games at my CC probably have the value barcode on them. If the barcode is on the wrapping, is it possible to tear it off?

[quote name='tcrash247']Ok, I think you answered my question. All the games at my CC probably have the value barcode on them. If the barcode is on the wrapping, is it possible to tear it off?[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt recommend ripping the barcodes off of the packaging, they would probably catch you non video or something, and price tampering is illegal... however, you happen to find one or two copies of games (like I did) amongst the shelves without the value barcode plastered on, then you are good to go...

Also, alot of CC's keep the games in those plastic security cases making removal of stickers impossible

Thanks for posting the updated list, the idea of having a mod updating the thread to make this the new $1.99 game thread is a good idea.

Went to CC, did not find any PP, but I did find a GC Batman Sin Tsu (1.99), and a Zelda Collectors Edition Guide (9.99).

I found Project Eden and Smuggler's Run GH, but they didn't ring up 1.99.:cry:
They acutally had about 10 copies of Project Eden.

PoP not in stock at my local CC. I think my store is devoid of all $1.99 games now (atleast one's that are without the stickers).

I didn't find PoP. I have the game, but I wanted a sealed copy...anyhow, the staffer in the dept. was walking around with a list and a cart...and he was set to reprice them or return them to the hq. I was too lazy to ask. BTW, I hate CC. I don't know why anyone would want to shop there.

aweomse find.. but i dont have a gamecube:whistle2:(...
is it also 1.99 on the ps2 version? if not, can i print that recipet and go with it to bestbuy and show it to them and make a price match for the ps2 version? i called best buy and they told me that they do price matches but im not sure if they will do it with this 1..... but can any one enlighten me? thanks..

I am going to buy 50 copies to sell to the little kiddies. I also am hoarding dead bodies in my basement. I will bury them later after I finish career mode in Forza. Hoarding is fun! Click this link: http://understanding_ocd.tripod.com/index_hoarding.html
Now go out and hoard all the games you can!! Buy them and hoard them before I do.... If you don't hoard them, someone else will. The one with the most video games wins!!!
just kidding

[quote name='Ecofreak']
While at Sears, I bought games for ~$3 and sold them on Ebay for ~$30. It helped me pay my bills.
Just a hint - some people don't take kindly to 1) Bragging hoarders and 2) Bragging hoarders who then sell the games for a profit, thereby denying other CAGers a piece of the deal. [/QUOTE]Did I just break a rule? Am I going to be banned? I'm sorry!

In my defense:

(a) What I did is *exactly* what stores like Wal-Mart, Target, et cetera do: Buy low (Levis jeans = $5 wholesale), and Sell high ($25 customer price). That's capitalism in action, and every store in this nation does it. Why does no one complain about stores earning a $20 profit on each Levis jean, but when I do it at *my store* on ebay, it's wrong? Why the double standard? Why is Walmart/Target/et cetera hoarding Levis at $5 a piece, and then selling them at $25, acceptable behavior? Please explain.

[quote name='somone'] Boo to the hoarder.. very rude. and it is probably why you do not work at said store anymore[/quote] Actually I'm still on sears payroll. However I got a better job working for the defense industry at $40 an hour. I design biological detectors that act as a "first alert" against terrorist attack & protect American citizens and soldiers. So, please, don't just jump to false assumptions about me. Thanks.

(b) I owed $30,000 on my credit card. I needed quick cash to pay it off, and selling those games really helped. Subtracted ~$1000 off my debt.

Anyway, my original message was not to brag. I merely wanted to point out that the Circuit City employees probably bought the games for themselves, as soon as the original poster walked out the door. CC employees like to buy cheap $2 games too.

Troy

[quote name='electrictroy']I bet all the copies were grabbed by the employees (they play games too & love a great deal).

When I worked at Sears, I routinely bought cheap games. Minus my store discount, they came to ~$3.00 each. Also got my hands on several PS1 LCD screens for only $5. Then I turned around and sold the games for $30 each, to help pay my bills.

If I was working at Circuit City, I would have grabbed those games off-the-shelf as soon as I finished handing you the receipt.

Troy[/QUOTE]

I hope you catch herpes

[quote name='electrictroy']Did I just break a rule? Am I going to be banned? I'm sorry!

In my defense:

(a) What I did is *exactly* what stores like Wal-Mart, Target, et cetera do: Buy low (Levis jeans = $5 wholesale), and Sell high ($25 customer price). That's capitalism in action, and every store in this nation does it. Why does no one complain about stores earning a $20 profit on each Levis jean, but when I do it at *my store* on ebay, it's wrong? Why the double standard? Why is Walmart/Target/et cetera hoarding Levis at $5 a piece, and then selling them at $25, acceptable behavior? Please explain.

Actually I'm still on sears payroll. However I got a better job working for the defense industry at $40 an hour. I design biological detectors that act as a "first alert" against terrorist attack & protect American citizens and soldiers. So, please, don't just jump to false assumptions about me. Thanks.

(b) I owed $30,000 on my credit card. I needed quick cash to pay it off, and selling those games really helped. Subtracted ~$1000 off my debt.

Anyway, my original message was not to brag. I merely wanted to point out that the Circuit City employees probably bought the games for themselves, as soon as the original poster walked out the door. CC employees like to buy cheap $2 games too.

Troy[/QUOTE]

You are not a store. You do not have overhead, distributors, or employees to pay. A store is a means of transferring goods from a manufacturer to a consumer. A store, in theory, provides value-added services, such as a display area, pleasant climate-controlled shopping environment, (knowledgeable) staff, customer service, etc.

A hoarder is someone who, posing as a consumer, purchases goods from a store with the intent of re-selling them either to a genuine consumer, or a retailer that deals in used merchandise, at a higher price. With a hoarder, there is no value-added -- in fact, value is removed due to increased cost and delayed ability to purchase. There is a reason why most sales ads state "No dealers".

As someone stated earlier, one or two extras is not a big deal, and I am guessing that is generally what you got, although I could be mistaken. I think a lot of people got the impression that when you found out about a huge price drop, you grabbed 10-20 copies from the shelf (while on duty, which is generally against a company's policies, but that is another issue), but in my experience, Sears doesn't have that many copies of anything worth having in the first place, sale or not.

http://understanding_ocd.tripod.com/hoarding1_what1.html
add video games, jeans, and dead bodies to this list. I think I will keep the skulls and just bury the bodies. I am growing attached to them and I am finding it hard to let go. Now I know how Jeffrey felt. Oh.... I bought 26 Fanatec Speedster 3 Forceshock wheels today to add to my pile. Hoarding is so much fun.

jeffrey.dahmer.jpg

Topic title changed to reflect the new posts. I also added the updated CC list to the first page. I'd appreciate it if new finds were PM'ed to me after being posted in the thread so I'll be able to keep the list updated easily.

I was at CC last night and the kind lady working was just super cool about it. My friend picked up a Rocket Power Bandits and when it rung up $1.99 the cashier asked if we were from corporate or if we work a different CC. She went on to say how her friend works at Macy's and when they have markdowns she prints out a huge list then they both go shopping and score a lot of penny/dollar items. After that, we asked her if they had any promo/penny items, specifically MAT2. Unfortunately for me no MAT2 but we got a bunch of free CDs and that Baseball DVD. I gotta say, the CCs around here have been really great.

Edit: Oh yea and I should also add I tried XGRA PS2 and that didn't work. If anyone's keeping tabs, add that to games that don't work.

you grabbed 10-20 copies from the shelf

what happens if they throw 50 games at you and ask you to take them (this happen to me at TRU) the dude seemed to beg me to take the 50 remaining street racketball for ps1 around the first week of jan) I can now proudly say that those games are coasters and the cases are being used to hold me ps2 games

I like the NO DEALER ADS on games that at 50 bucks i mean what dealer is going to pay 50 bucks for a 50 buck game

[quote name='Goodtone']I am going to buy 50 copies to sell to the little kiddies. I also am hoarding dead bodies in my basement. I will bury them later after I finish career mode in Forza. Hoarding is fun! Click this link: http://understanding_ocd.tripod.com/index_hoarding.html
Now go out and hoard all the games you can!! Buy them and hoard them before I do.... If you don't hoard them, someone else will. The one with the most video games wins!!!
just kidding[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of an ICP song...

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Well, there is a thread with all the $2 games a few pages back...But it got locked for no reason.[/QUOTE]

It was locked because it had ceased to serve its purpose as a valid deals thread, since it had about 5+ continuous pages of useless infighting crap.

I'm glad someone else decided to make a new one, and I'm sure everyone else will make sure it sticks on track.

"Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago"

This is a OLD find. I found this game and posted it in the original thread.

So a new thread has been started. Hopefully it won't escalate into that shannanigan that was the last one because of ToddlerTN. Hopefully even more finds wil be found. Just a suggestion, but the OP might want to find, or have somebody give him if they have it, the lists of other system games that are also part of the sale such as PSone and/or DC (still can't believe taht some CCs still have DC games, but this is CC we're talking about.).

I've already checked on this sale multiple times but every store in my area has been extremely thorough and has those damn stickers on the barcodes.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I was at CC last night and the kind lady working was just super cool about it. My friend picked up a Rocket Power Bandits and when it rung up $1.99 the cashier asked if we were from corporate or if we work a different CC. She went on to say how her friend works at Macy's and when they have markdowns she prints out a huge list then they both go shopping and score a lot of penny/dollar items. After that, we asked her if they had any promo/penny items, specifically MAT2. Unfortunately for me no MAT2 but we got a bunch of free CDs and that Baseball DVD. I gotta say, the CCs around here have been really great.

Edit: Oh yea and I should also add I tried XGRA PS2 and that didn't work. If anyone's keeping tabs, add that to games that don't work.[/QUOTE]

which circuit city did you go to? the new one in hayward, dublin, or emeryville?

[quote name='dude2003']which circuit city did you go to? the new one in hayward, dublin, or emeryville?[/QUOTE]

hayward doesnt have a CC anymore. I went to the new Union City CC and a few games actually have a$1.99 sticker. They had the MAT2 but they are gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back