(DEAD) The Social Network (pre-order) @ Best Buy: $16.99

[quote name='shrike4242']Fixed your link to be a CAG referral link, OP.[/QUOTE]

aww, and here you were just doing your mod duties! I thought you were going to bestow some wisdom on us about what this release might entail..:D

Really interested in seeing this film, as I skipped it in the theatre, so I have no problem buying it if its got some cool stuff, like a combo pack..

Thanks for the heads-up. Had $15 in rewards certificates and Netflix won't have it until February, so I figured I'd snag it for a couple bucks knowing it will be one of the talked about movies in Awards Season.

[quote name='token2k6']aww, and here you were just doing your mod duties! I thought you were going to bestow some wisdom on us about what this release might entail..:D...[/QUOTE]

"Wisdom" heh, more like eliteness.

Anyhow, this movie's got me slightly intrigued. I didn't manage to catch it at theatres so I'll at least give it a rental.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']i'll get it at DD w/ free shipping. i guarantee this will delivered on or by march 2011. no wait...[/QUOTE]

It should be delivered around the time the Twitter movie is released.

Link page says it is for the DVD version but is based off of the Blu-Ray sku (doesnt actually say "blu ray" anywhere in the product page). Hopefully this works. There is a separate version listed for $12.99, but they both say "widescreen DVD".

Ill probably just stick w Amazon for convenience (no tax + prime release day delivery).

[quote name='TheSecretBaldwin']Link page says it is for the DVD version but is based off of the Blu-Ray sku (doesnt actually say "blu ray" anywhere in the product page). Hopefully this works. There is a separate version listed for $12.99, but they both say "widescreen DVD". [/QUOTE]

What? It says Blu-Ray twice

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Soc...network&lp=1&cp=1&ref=39&CJPID=3594900&loc=01

The Social Network[Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3] - Blu-ray Disc
Format Blu-ray Disc

Weird, i'm viewing the page through my iPhone and BBs mobile site doesnt mention the format. It only says "blu ray" under "other available formats". Again, weird :/

In for one! Thanks OP!

[quote name='MSUHitman']So does one store in particular get BR/DVD/DC combo for this movie or are all versions the same?[/QUOTE]Checking Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com and Target.com makes it appear that they're all non-DC/non-DVD release, just on BD.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm seems like a good price...didn't see the movie but not sure if it warrants a purchase yet.[/QUOTE]

yes.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']This or Jackass 3D [/quote]

You can't be serious.

Question...I hadn't seen this in the theater...no doubt I'm going to like it, but is it really a movie you would rewatch? I could easily just rent this than buy it...However, $16.99 is less than two tickets to the movies, so the buy is justified regardless. I tend to shy away from the brand new Blu-ray releases anymore since often times movies I have bought have dropped later in price...sometimes those movies are still in shrink wrap on my shelf when the price dropped.

I think TSN is absolutely worth re-watching. I loved in in the theatre, and even listening to the soundtrack this morning gave me the itch to see it again. Highly entertaining and fast-paced, even though it's really a movie with just a bunch of people talking.

Also, Fincher's movies tend to be very re-watchable anyways (Zodiac, Fight Club, Seven, etc.).

At $16.99 it's a no-brainer.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Question...I hadn't seen this in the theater...no doubt I'm going to like it, but is it really a movie you would rewatch? I could easily just rent this than buy it...However, $16.99 is less than two tickets to the movies, so the buy is justified regardless. I tend to shy away from the brand new Blu-ray releases anymore since often times movies I have bought have dropped later in price...sometimes those movies are still in shrink wrap on my shelf when the price dropped.[/QUOTE]

You know I'm debating this very same thing. I saw the movie in theaters and I thought it was great, but I'm not sure how often I see myself sitting down and watching it. As others have said, it's essentially a movie about a bunch of fast-talking college kids. But the performances are great and the story is incredibly interesting. Basically if you don't mind watching a movie that's more about performances than things actually happening, I'd say buy it.

[quote name='Ed_']Anyhow, this movie's got me slightly intrigued. I didn't manage to catch it at theatres so I'll at least give it a rental.[/QUOTE]

Thats my suggestion personally.

Great price for such a fantastic film. But I can't see myself rewatching this film anytime soon to warrant the price. Kudos to those that can.

Thanks OP and everyone who pointed out that Amazon matched. Had $14 of leftover giftcard money to use, so I got this for $3. Awesome deal!

[quote name='dino88']Amazon just matched.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, was going to go through BB, now amazon, also added in the cart "Once Upon a Time in America" on BR with Robert DeNiro with the same release date
Thx
JJ :lol:

FYI as of this time, it's 12.99 on amazon for the 2-disc edition. If you haven't seen it, it's worth it for that to chance it. Heck it'd cost $6 to rent the blu-ray or on HD from DirecTV.

[quote name='mr_bungle']FYI as of this time, it's 12.99 on amazon for the 2-disc edition. If you haven't seen it, it's worth it for that to chance it. Heck it'd cost $6 to rent the blu-ray or on HD from DirecTV.[/QUOTE]
Is that the DVD version you are talking about?

Currently watching right now, this movie is great so far. It's a blind buy for me so I'm very happy about. As others have mentioned, the packaging is pretty nice.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Currently watching right now, this movie is great so far. It's a blind buy for me so I'm very happy about. As others have mentioned, the packaging is pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

People post on messageboards while watching movies? Man, I want to stay as far away from other media when I'm trying to enjoy a movie, game, or album.

The packaging confuses me... am I supposed to keep the slip cover? It doesn't have a bottom to it so it doesn't stay over the black case.

I kept my slipcover, i have a movie rack though..so it wasn't hanging off or anything. However, that little cover was a bit odd.

[quote name='Transformah']The packaging confuses me... am I supposed to keep the slip cover? It doesn't have a bottom to it so it doesn't stay over the black case.[/QUOTE]

I kept the slip cover. Though I think it's easily thrown away. I kind of wish it was the actual cover to the blu ray, but the packaging (what is that stuff, velvet-y) is pretty neat. I like the insert photograph for the Disc 1 tray and the Disc 2 tray (director on set) as well. Very appropriate :bouncy:

I know right? What is that material, it feels so smooth. Usually when a movie comes out in this nice of packaging it's 25-30 bucks lol.

yeah, all the excitement for seeing the packaging quickly faded away when I unwrapped it and noticed the slip-cover 'hat'. Not like me to throw it away, so now I have to be extra careful with it! argghh! Not even a place to store it the way the inside of the case is..oh well.

bread's done
Back