[DEAD] The WAR goes on Demon's Souls 33$+10GC at Amazon

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']If i go through the backway now for the $32.99 price will I still get the $10 credit?[/QUOTE]
As long as its sold by amazon I think you should be fine, take a screen shot of the promo and shoot them a email if you dont get your credit. Amazons CS will do you right, they always do.

OMFG this all out war between Gamestop and Amazon is ridiculous. I got a clearance copy for $14.98 at Target finally, but still this deal is insanely good. If you can still get it, jump on it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']If i go through the backway now for the $32.99 price will I still get the $10 credit?[/QUOTE]

yes you will, at the final checkout screen it will say "your item has qualified for the $10 credit"

[quote name='buckythekat']price looks to actually be back up to $49.99 now :whistle2:( I waited too long[/QUOTE]

I guess amazon caught onto the backdoor price and adjusted it accordingly. I guess deal is now dead.

I ordered some games too, but GS's codes gave them the edge. I know the credit doesn't stack and that sucks but I'm still earning $40 and there are plenty of games coming this year.

[quote name='United_Korea']and i thought i was getting a good deal when i bought it for $40 a month ago :([/QUOTE]

Just do what I did, call back and say how you missed the deal. They gave me a $20 promo code for my next order:D

I'm still waiting for mine to ship. :/ ETA is May 17-May 24. Maybe Gamestop's shipping has spoiled me, but waiting more than a couple weeks to add a game to my backlog bugs me too much. :p

[quote name='neonglow']Has anyone got their promotional credit for this game yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't.

Received the game today and I also got the credit. After several emails with no replies, decided to go thru the Live Chat support a couple of hours ago and they fixed it.

Sent an email in this morning, still waiting for a response. May try the chat route tomorrow after work if I don't hear anything - really want to order RDR w/ this coupon.

I sent them an e-mail, and I'm pretty sure the person doesn't know how to read. This is the response I got.

"Hello,

I looked into your order (# here) and can confirm the $10 of promotional funds was already applied to this order. So it has already been used.

The remaining $22.99 was charged to your Visa card."

While this was my original e-mail..

"Hello, I was just wondering when I will be credited my $10 Video Game Credit from this game. I qualified for it, and have an e-mail stating such (if any proof is needed), and it's been more than 2 business days since the game was delivered.

If at all possible, instead of sending it to me, if you could just apply it to Order #(number here), that would be even better. Thanks!".

Just sent in another e-mail. I hate when I get a stupid rep. that doesn't read what I actually wrote.

Got the game today and no credit for me yet. I emailed them but no response yet.

Can someone give me a link to their live chat? I can't find it on their website.

Thanks

Go to Help, then Contact Us. You should be able to see a Chat tab over there. Try during the morning (it should be up all day, but sometimes it doesn't show up because it's a new feature).

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Just use live chat.[/QUOTE]

I probably will. Now, they just refunded me $10. I didn't even ask for a refund of any sort, I just want my $10 VGC, haha. I hope they know that refunding me that $10 still doesn't take away from the fact that I want my $10 credit. I'm really starting to think they hired a whole new CSR team, since I never had this kind of problem before.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I probably will. Now, they just refunded me $10. I didn't even ask for a refund of any sort, I just want my $10 VGC, haha. I hope they know that refunding me that $10 still doesn't take away from the fact that I want my $10 credit. I'm really starting to think they hired a whole new CSR team, since I never had this kind of problem before.[/QUOTE]

I personally think your wording was a bit vague and I myself would have asked for clarification. I have dealt with amazon CS MANY MANY TIMES (all resulting in me getting what I want the first time I ask).

In your case I would have said
"I purchased Demon's Souls from amazon while a $10 off a future video game promotion was offered, Order#xxx. I have yet to reciever that credit and as per the information of that promotion I am supposed to get it 2 days after the game ships, the game shipped out on xxxx.

Thank you for any and all help you can provide for me with this,
NAME"

If they can't figure it out from that then I would call in or do the live chat.

Also, you're saying they refunded you $10 in lieu of giving you the $10 promo and you STILL want it because it's not the original form of the $10 you were going to get originally? That seems overly greedy and wrong. $10 off Demon's Souls for ordering Demon's Souls is a MUCH better deal. I wish all of the future video game promos were deducted from the order of the game I got the promo from.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I personally think your wording was a bit vague and I myself would have asked for clarification. I have dealt with amazon CS MANY MANY TIMES (all resulting in me getting what I want the first time I ask).

In your case I would have said
"I purchased Demon's Souls from amazon while a $10 off a future video game promotion was offered, Order#xxx. I have yet to reciever that credit and as per the information of that promotion I am supposed to get it 2 days after the game ships, the game shipped out on xxxx.

Thank you for any and all help you can provide for me with this,
NAME"

If they can't figure it out from that then I would call in or do the live chat.

Also, you're saying they refunded you $10 in lieu of giving you the $10 promo and you STILL want it because it's not the original form of the $10 you were going to get originally? That seems overly greedy and wrong. $10 off Demon's Souls for ordering Demon's Souls is a MUCH better deal. I wish all of the future video game promos were deducted from the order of the game I got the promo from.[/QUOTE]

I've dealt with Amazon CS many times as well, and have only had a problem maybe once or twice. My second e-mail, in response to the first, was as follows:

"There seems to have been a misunderstanding with the last e-mail I sent. I'm supposed to receive a $10 promotional VGC with my order of Demon Souls. I'm aware I applied a $10 credit on this order; however, I'm still supposed to receive a $10 video game credit for ordering it (as stated in the products description upon the time of order). I have an e-mail stating such, and my order even shows "Promotion Applied: -$0.00", which is what shows up when there is a promotional offer applied, such as a VGC, with the games purchase (as there was in this case, since Amazon was "matching" GameStop's deal).

I haven't received that credit yet, and would either like it sent to my e-mail (as usual) or would like it applied to my order of Alan Wake (Order #here). Doing option #2 would be the preferred method, since I'll have to contact you again anyway once I get my credit to have it applied.

If you need further proof of this offer being present, or just any proof at all regarding this, please refer to this e-mail I received from Amazon regarding my order, which states that I am supposed to receive this promotion credit.

http://images.gatesofsurvival.com/email_proof.png

Hopefully, you'll understand what I meant better this time; as opposed to my last e-mail.

Thank you."

I'm not being "overly greedy" either. If they want the $10 they refunded me for no reason back, they can take it. I just want my damned VGC. I admit the first e-mail could have confused some one as to what I initially wanted, but the second e-mail is hard to misunderstand, especially since I sent them proof in the form of my e-mail. They clearly just did not understand what I wanted, even with a full explanation of the situation.

As I said, if they want the $10 they refunded me for no reason at all, it's theirs. I didn't ask for a refund, I just asked for my credit; and I want my credit.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I've dealt with Amazon CS many times as well, and have only had a problem maybe once or twice. My second e-mail, in response to the first, was as follows:

"There seems to have been a misunderstanding with the last e-mail I sent. I'm supposed to receive a $10 promotional VGC with my order of Demon Souls. I'm aware I applied a $10 credit on this order; however, I'm still supposed to receive a $10 video game credit for ordering it (as stated in the products description upon the time of order). I have an e-mail stating such, and my order even shows "Promotion Applied: -$0.00", which is what shows up when there is a promotional offer applied, such as a VGC, with the games purchase (as there was in this case, since Amazon was "matching" GameStop's deal).

I haven't received that credit yet, and would either like it sent to my e-mail (as usual) or would like it applied to my order of Alan Wake (Order #here). Doing option #2 would be the preferred method, since I'll have to contact you again anyway once I get my credit to have it applied.

If you need further proof of this offer being present, or just any proof at all regarding this, please refer to this e-mail I received from Amazon regarding my order, which states that I am supposed to receive this promotion credit.

http://images.gatesofsurvival.com/email_proof.png

Hopefully, you'll understand what I meant better this time; as opposed to my last e-mail.

Thank you."

I'm not being "overly greedy" either. If they want the $10 they refunded me for no reason back, they can take it. I just want my damned VGC. I admit the first e-mail could have confused some one as to what I initially wanted, but the second e-mail is hard to misunderstand, especially since I sent them proof in the form of my e-mail. They clearly just did not understand what I wanted, even with a full explanation of the situation.

As I said, if they want the $10 they refunded me for no reason at all, it's theirs. I didn't ask for a refund, I just asked for my credit; and I want my credit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that 2nd email is much better and if they have any confusion over it then I think you have a valid reason to be annoyed.

In terms of the $10 I understand you never asked for it and just wanted the VG credit, but to me this is a case of going above and beyond the call of duty. You asked for a $10 off coupon and were instead just given a $10 bill. I personally would see this as a positive thing and let it go. Also, the fact that you don't tell them that you received a $10 refund in either of your email to them makes me wonder if you hope to keep the $10 and get the $10 promo.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah that 2nd email is much better and if they have any confusion over it then I think you have a valid reason to be annoyed.

In terms of the $10 I understand you never asked for it and just wanted the VG credit, but to me this is a case of going above and beyond the call of duty. You asked for a $10 off coupon and were instead just given a $10 bill. I personally would see this as a positive thing and let it go. Also, the fact that you don't tell them that you received a $10 refund in either of your email to them makes me wonder if you hope to keep the $10 and get the $10 promo.[/QUOTE]

No, this second e-mail is why I received the $10 refund. That's what I'm saying, they still did not understand what I wanted, even with that great of an explanation. I just had to send them a third e-mail, informing them of the $10 refund I did not want (and to charge it back, by all means), and that I just wanted my VGC.

It's easily the biggest misunderstanding I've ever had with Amazon so-far. I don't see how they screwed it up so much, especially after my second e-mail (once again, e-mail #1 and #2 were sent before I got anything back, including the refund I did not want).

[quote name='jacknicklson']
You got $10, stop being greedy
[/quote]

No, because I didn't want the $10, I wanted my VGC. As I stated above, I even told them to take the $10 back in a third, and hopefully final e-mail I sent to them regarding this. It's just getting annoying, now.

I've had the same problem with receiving the new $10 promotional credit. Of course I don't get the option for live chat /f support on amazon so I sent an CS email to amazon. When I get a response I'll make sure to post it here. I also purchased Demon's Souls though this deal.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']No, this second e-mail is why I received the $10 refund. That's what I'm saying, they still did not understand what I wanted, even with that great of an explanation. I just had to send them a third e-mail, informing them of the $10 refund I did not want (and to charge it back, by all means), and that I just wanted my VGC.

It's easily the biggest misunderstanding I've ever had with Amazon so-far. I don't see how they screwed it up so much, especially after my second e-mail (once again, e-mail #1 and #2 were sent before I got anything back, including the refund I did not want).

No, because I didn't want the $10, I wanted my VGC. As I stated above, I even told them to take the $10 back in a third, and hopefully final e-mail I sent to them regarding this. It's just getting annoying, now.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what the problem is. You got $10 back, so just take that $10 and put it towards Alan Wake yourself, if that's what you want to do. Why get hung up on the semantics of the issue and waste your own time and Amazon CS time with extra emails?

[quote name='worshipsf']I don't understand what the problem is. You got $10 back, so just take that $10 and put it towards Alan Wake yourself, if that's what you want to do. Why get hung up on the semantics of the issue and waste your own time and Amazon CS time with extra emails?[/QUOTE]

My guess is it's the sense of entitlement. He purchased the game with the promise of a $10 promotion and didn't get it. It's stupid to say the least and I along with everyone else who has commented on his situation thinks he should just accept getting Demon's Souls for $22 and move on, but I guess they don't agree.

[quote name='worshipsf']I don't understand what the problem is. You got $10 back, so just take that $10 and put it towards Alan Wake yourself, if that's what you want to do. Why get hung up on the semantics of the issue and waste your own time and Amazon CS time with extra emails?[/QUOTE]

Because the $10 in video game credit is instant. A refund can take up to 10 days or more to process. By then, I'll have forgotten about it. I don't have much money to screw around with, so I can't have money going in and out, and then not account for it. That's why. It's annoying, and might screw me up financially.

That's why I would prefer my credit, as opposed to $10 in cash. My Visa card is my Debit Card, by the way, so it takes it in and out directly from my bank account. I love how I seemingly have to justify why I don't want a $10 refund and instead want my instantly apply-able credit.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Because the $10 in video game credit is instant. A refund can take up to 10 days or more to process. By then, I'll have forgotten about it. I don't have much money to screw around with, so I can't have money going in and out, and then not account for it. That's why. It's annoying, and might screw me up financially.

That's why I would prefer my credit, as opposed to $10 in cash. My Visa card is my Debit Card, by the way, so it takes it in and out directly from my bank account. I love how I seemingly have to justify why I don't want a $10 refund and instead want my instantly apply-able credit.[/QUOTE]

Those credits usually take 2 days. And if you're really hurting financially, maybe you should get your priorities straight, and not buy 2 games in such a short period...seriously

heres a little story...

My initial order of Demon's Souls and Bioshock 2 was lost in shipping, but a replacement order could not be placed because supposedly I changed my billing address since placing my order (I did not). A refund was given and I opened a new order and the CS rep adjusted the prices back to 36 and put an email through to marketing for the $10 vgc's. Few days later I receive $10 credit for Demon's Souls along with a message saying I did not qualify for the Feb. 9th preorder bonus for Bioshock 2. I wrote an email explaining that on April 29th there was a credit associated with the game that was not the preorder boinus similiar to Demon's Souls credit, which was obviously not a preorder bonus either, and I state that it was slightly insulting for them to assume that I was trying to weasel my way into some 3 month old credit or something. I receive an email back saying sorry, but you do not qualify for the preorder bonus on Bioshock 2!!!!!*(#&@(^$@&$@_$*(&#! I call the hotline and ask the CS rep to read my email response stating I wasn't talking about the preorder bonus but the new one on April 29th and she completely understood... called a supervisor while putting me on hold for about 10 minutes and comes back to tell me that nothing can be done because the 2nd email telling me I didn't qualify for the preorder bonus was some sort of final ruling and nothing could be done. Even after insisting and pointing out the idiocy of the situation, which she understood, I gave up. 30 minutes later, I called back hoping to get another rep and supervisor with more stones. Aleasha from Washington, the greatest amazon customer service representative ever, understood the situation and was slickdeal/fatwallet savy. She forwarded another email to the marketing department for me with proof from various deal sites verifying the offer, which was better than me sending some raging hate mail only to be written off as some loon. Now I wait... I predict I will hear back from the marketing department stating that I am not eligible because I received a refund... then I will have to explain that it was lost in shipping and a replacement could not be done and a new order in which I was assured would receive the $10 gc for both games was placed. Then I have to hope that the person reading that isn't one of the first two morons at the marketing department who read my first emails....

It's not even about the damn money, it's the principle.

For everyone saying it's hard, it isn't. Actually it's not hard for the sake of hard, it just punishes stupidity. Along with everyone being spoiled by games these days with rebounding health & checkpoints every 3 seconds.

Now, is it worth the price? Silly people, it was worth $70 at release (deluxe edition) & I would have paid double right thenh & there.

I emailed Amazon about my promo credit and they ended up just reducing the price of the game by $10 which is even better.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Those credits usually take 2 days. And if you're really hurting financially, maybe you should get your priorities straight, and not buy 2 games in such a short period...seriously[/QUOTE]

Not for my bank, they usually take twice as long to credit. I'm not hurting financially, I just have my spending money, and my bills money. I catalog every purchase, so it's quite annoying to not only have to wait, but to have to re-catalog and make sure everything is fine and dandy. I even sent them another e-mail, telling them to just forget it all, and I'll just accept the $10 refund; since it's too much of a hassle now, and it's just better to do that and deal with the small pain and hassle, rather than deal with even more frivolous hassles that this will unleash.

I also like how I'm getting so many people not only calling me greedy, but also people giving me financial advice now. You got me, I'm incredibly greedy, and incredibly poor; so poor, it's why I would refute a $10 refund. You may just be trying to be helpful, but it really just comes off as insulting.

bread's done
Back