[DEAD] The Witch and the Hundred Knights NIS PS3 $19.99 Pre-Order Amazon & Target

flount

CAGiversary!
Just noticed a pre-order for a game I don't recognize made by NIS America.

The Witch and the Hundred Knights PS3 - $19.99 SHIPS FREE @ Target.com

http://www.target.com/p/witch-and-the-hundred-knights-playstation-3/-/A-14122338

UPDATE

Amazon now also has it for $19.99.  Well done those who submitted this for price match!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007PNBU0Y/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Update 2

Looks like at least for the moment Amazon has disabled pre-ordering this game.

Update 3

Target is now also not taking pre-orders.

Looks like SD saw my post and copied it fairly quickly, putting it on their front page.  Both Target and Amazon probably got bombarded.  Hopefully orders go through.

Update 4

All sites including Amazon and Target are showing a pre-order price of $49.99.  This was definitely a good deal if your order goes through.  I doubt this pre-order deal will be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my copy preordered since august and the chat rep said that she didnt see any price drop so she couldnt drop the price. this looks like its hit or miss to get that adjustment.

Sent an email last night.  Checked this morning and the price is adjusted.  Anyone getting declined should ask Eldritch for a screenshot of his as I sent Amazon a link to it as proof.

I just chatted with a rep and he told me that there was no price drop on 11/7  :dunce:

I wrote an email, hope this time they do it right.

I just got on a live-chat with an Amazon Representative about this and they said they would be making a change. For other people that have had it pre-ordered, this part would be of interest to you:

I see that there are various similar orders pending with the same status. I hope this will be done soon and sent to you soon.
Your order will soon changed and you'll receive an e-mail confirmation.

I received this email response a few minutes ago:

Hello, 

I understand you want to adjust the price. 

I've checked your order, and the current Amazon.com price for The Witch and the Hundred Knights is $39.96. Because this item is eligible for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, rest assured that you will be charged by the lowest amount, charged either $39.96 or, if the price decreases between now and the release date, the lowest price. 

If the Amazon.com price should increase between now and the release date, you'll still be charged $20.00. 

The actual price you're charged will be displayed in the shipment confirmation e-mail you receive, as well as in Your Account. 

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Enrique A.

Just checked my bank account.  Target charged me for the game yesterday.  Anyone else already got charged for it?

On another note, I just noticed that my old Amazon Pre-order went down to the $19.99 price without me having to nag CS to do it.  Huzzah!  Time to cancel Target (if It hasn't been charged yet).

I just notice that this game was $20 on amazon and I am having serious trouble to get someone who can understand english to change my order.

Need some help on this. 4 reponses already and nothing been done. two were auto crap and one of them had nothing to do with what I'm asking. the other two were nothing. I already sent in a 5th. I even demand some contact info on whoever higher in charge.

Anyone got a snap shot of the price to help this crap go smoothly?

I just notice that this game was $20 on amazon and I am having serious trouble to get someone who can understand english to change my order.

Need some help on this. 4 reponses already and nothing been done. two were auto crap and one of them had nothing to do with what I'm asking. the other two were nothing. I already sent in a 5th. I even demand some contact info on whoever higher in charge.

Anyone got a snap shot of the price to help this crap go smoothly?
When did you place your order originally? You have almost no chance of getting them to PM the $20 price at this point. Especially if you are only just now placing the order.

When did you place your order originally? You have almost no chance of getting them to PM the $20 price at this point. Especially if you are only just now placing the order.
a year ago. Just cause price drop was a month ago doesn't give them the right to not drop the price on my order since they have that preorder pirce guaranteed policy which right now, I don't get why they have it if they are not following it.

a year ago. Just cause price drop was a month ago doesn't give them the right to not drop the price on my order since they have that preorder pirce guaranteed policy which right now, I don't get why they have it if they are not following it.
Ah ok, you should be fine then. I thought you might have seen the thread and were trying to get it retroactively added to a new order. I wouldn't argue with them about the price showing incorrectly. When it releases they will drop the price to the lowest before release. If it doesn't then you have a problem. Seeing as how you almost assuredly used the same link as everyone else did to preorder when the deal was active you shouldn't have any problem. If you look at camelcamelcamel you should see the price drop and as long as you ordered before that you'll be fine.

Ah ok, you should be fine then. I thought you might have seen the thread and were trying to get it retroactively added to a new order. I wouldn't argue with them about the price showing incorrectly. When it releases they will drop the price to the lowest before release. If it doesn't then you have a problem. Seeing as how you almost assuredly used the same link as everyone else did to preorder when the deal was active you shouldn't have any problem. If you look at camelcamelcamel you should see the price drop and as long as you ordered before that you'll be fine.
I don't trust them lowering my order to 19.99 at release. If they didn't lower it now, I pretty sure they won't when it release and probably would have even more trouble trying to prove it. What you mean by same link? I pre order a YEAR ago. I didn't use no link, just whatever was in my quick picks doing that time. Saw that camel site and don't think amazon would see that as proof. A snapshot of their own website would work a whole lot better.

Damn i had it preordered and decided the price at the time was too high since i wouldnt play it right away. Shouldve just left it and waited til like a week before. Lame

Edit: for me amazon never tells me the preorder price guarantee til my order goes out. Itll say my initial amount and then a day after the item ships theyll email me the price adjustment. So if it dropped to $19.99 even for 1 day you will get it. I got ssfiv for like $29.99 cuz it dtopped once and after coupon codes and credits i paid $1.98 lol

I don't trust them lowering my order to 19.99 at release. If they didn't lower it now, I pretty sure they won't when it release and probably would have even more trouble trying to prove it.
FYI whether it's 3 cents or $40 they don't do the price adjustment until they ship you the game.

I don't trust them lowering my order to 19.99 at release. If they didn't lower it now, I pretty sure they won't when it release and probably would have even more trouble trying to prove it. What you mean by same link? I pre order a YEAR ago. I didn't use no link, just whatever was in my quick picks doing that time. Saw that camel site and don't think amazon would see that as proof. A snapshot of their own website would work a whole lot better.
Amazon in the past, when these kinds of pricing errors occurred (assuming it was a pricing error?), has taken the listing down and put up a new one with a new link so you can't track the old pricing. It seems this time they kept it the same. They are well aware of their own pricing history so again it shouldn't be an issue. I can't screen cap for you as I missed out but was lucky enough to snag one at Target. Hoping they don't cancel on me of course. Especially since I used some Groupon credit I had on it.

WOOHOO!!! Since I've had this pre-ordered for months on Amazon, it means I will now get it for the lowest price it was ever listed at, $19.99.    AWW YS!

You don't understand how it works. Its fully automatic. This happened to another Amazon game I had preordered and when it shipped I was charged the lowest price it has ever been.

WAKE UP! The computers do all the work noawadays, its 2013! Humans only intervene when something goes horribly wrong!!

You don't understand how it works. Its fully automatic. This happened to another Amazon game I had preordered and when it shipped I was charged the lowest price it has ever been.

WAKE UP! The computers do all the work noawadays, its 2013! Humans only intervene when something goes horribly wrong!!
In the last couple years I've had situations in which the price was not automatically adjusted after my items shipped. I also had the same thing happen to me with various preorder bonuses and I had to contact CS to get them.

Amazon.com probably did fix the problem by now though.

On a side note with this I'm annoyed with Target. I ordered with the red card but with all the buying from blackfriday my red card was almost full and there was no room for the floating charge. It cancelled my order.

I'm now trying to get it reinstated, but having a hard hard time.

They just keep telling me it was a Black Friday deal. I tried telling them it wasn't, but nobody emailed me back.

On a side note with this I'm annoyed with Target. I ordered with the red card but with all the buying from blackfriday my red card was almost full and there was no room for the floating charge. It cancelled my order.

I'm now trying to get it reinstated, but having a hard hard time.

They just keep telling me it was a Black Friday deal. I tried telling them it wasn't, but nobody emailed me back.
Did you try calling them or pointing out the order was placed weeks before BF even started? If you call you can ask to speak with a supervisor. I have no experience dealing with Target CS, but have a lot of experience with both BBY and Amazon.

In the last couple years I've had situations in which the price was not automatically adjusted after my items shipped. I also had the same thing happen to me with various preorder bonuses and I had to contact CS to get them.

Amazon.com probably did fix the problem by now though.
with my luck this will happen. Can CS ignore you after you contact them multiple times?

with my luck this will happen. Can CS ignore you after you contact them multiple times?
I normally give up after 3 or 4 times. I heard that if you contact CS too much in a short time regarding the same issue , your account can get banned or flagged.

Most of the time I got the price adjustment after I contacted them but sometimes the CS rep would claim that they can't do anything about it. They would state something like this : "Prices fluctuate and the only price that can be honored is the original price that you bought the item at" (even if it was a preorder). I would end up getting that response like four times in a row and those are the situations in which I just give up. I did point out the "preorder price guarantee" to some reps but I'm not sure if they understand what it is or they just don't like me.

Keep mind my big problems with the CS reps were from 2011-2012. I haven't preordered any items whose prices have changed on or before the release date in 2013 yet (besides this Witch game).

Funny its already showing up as $19.99 in my order history and I placed my order back in February.
That means Amazon probably fixed their system.

It's almost 2014 so I would assume Amazon would have fixed some issues from the previous years.

The real question is, who the hell would waste money on a console with no library that will drop in price within a year (my guess is the same type of idiots who max out PC hardware when all they do is game)? As far as I'm concerned, Xbox One and PS4 are late 2014 to early 2015 consoles.
Another good is why the hell would you care what someone else buys? How does it effect you personally?

I got a ps4 and im glad I did. I got metal gear ground zeroes because its smoother running than last gen versions, killzone looks nice and its a solid shooter, knack while basic was fun to play through once, and I want to play infamous second son. Then there are a lot of cross gen games coming out id rather have on ps4 because it will be a better experince like evil within. Then you have the ps4 games I got with ps+ like outlast I enjoyed.

Then you have the fact that Sony has always had the deepest bench for exclusive games with the largest variety of game types that will be coming out.

And no the ps4 wont be seeing a price drop anytime soon because it is a reasonable price now and selling really damn well.

So I bought one and I am enjoying it and I will continue to enjoy it for quite awhile.

Another good is why the hell would you care what someone else buys? How does it effect you personally?

I got a ps4 and im glad I did. I got metal gear ground zeroes because its smoother running than last gen versions, killzone looks nice and its a solid shooter, knack while basic was fun to play through once, and I want to play infamous second son. Then there are a lot of cross gen games coming out id rather have on ps4 because it will be a better experince like evil within. Then you have the ps4 games I got with ps+ like outlast I enjoyed.

Then you have the fact that Sony has always had the deepest bench for exclusive games with the largest variety of game types that will be coming out.

And no the ps4 wont be seeing a price drop anytime soon because it is a reasonable price now and selling really damn well.

So I bought one and I am enjoying it and I will continue to enjoy it for quite awhile.
The world revolves around you and we're all supposed to think exactly as you do. I get it, forum troll.

Mine shipped today.  Supposed to get it Thursday.... that works for me, I'll probably see if i can flip it since I'm not really into action RPGs

Just received shipping confirmation for my $20 order from Target. Thought this would be dead since it sounded like a lot of people got their orders cancelled.

I got mines today. Although I completely forgot about it.
Is there some kind of registration for acquiring mines? Or is it all black market?

My order tried to ship but my payment was declined. I don't know what happened. It's not a bad thing because it was charging me full price.

bread's done
Back