*Dead* Tron: Legacy $5 DMR Coupon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/tron-couponTron: Legacy

The coupon is stated to be for the 4-disc or 5-disc set, but has been proven to work with 2-disc as well. The Target ad states this coupon may not be combined with the $8 off (when buying Legacy and Classic together) promo, but the register WILL combine them if the cashier is clueless.

If you're experiencing issues printing, try using IE or Chrome as FF may conflict with the coupon printer app.

Coupon is now dead; leaving open for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I neglected to mention earlier, the cashier scanned the Bunny Munny coupon two times, and it did say there were no items that qualified. When I showed her on the register than Tron Legacy 3-D was $24.99, I guess she did an override and the coupon applied the third time she scanned it.

I got the 4 Disc and OG Tron for $28.xx at Target. I was able to use the $5 DMR (scanned and it worked), and the Bunny Money. She scanned it like 3 times before it worked.

I was going to try and use TWO Bunny Money, but I noticed it was for $24.99 or more.

Oh yeah....I got the LAST Tron 3D also.

SUCCESS!!! Just left the North Seattle Target with the 4 disc Tron Legacy Blu-Ray & 2 disc Tron Classic Blu-Ray for $30.02 with tax! All of my coupons worked! I used both the $5 off DMR coupon & $5 off Target Spring Mailer "Bunny Money" print off along with the $8 instant savings! Receipt shows I saved $38.00! The cashier lady did have trouble scanning the "Bunny Money" but she rescanned both coupons in a different order (sorry, don't remember the order) & it worked! She was super nice the whole time. Looks like they tax you on the subtotal before taking off one of the $5 coupons. Good luck everyone! :)

4h9lx6.jpg

[quote name='capcaveman19']All good here in California

DMR coupon worked fine with the 8 dollars off

My cashier didn't seem too willing to apply the coupon till I told her it was the 3D version and she scanned it

Word of warning to late shoppers though

My store only had about 10 copies of the OG TRON and 3D combo
Only about 5 of the 2D combo and only 3 of the collector's edition!

Good luck![/QUOTE]For some reason, Target doesn't seem to stock a lot of Disney movies when they're not "big name" releases like Tangled.

When I picked up Nausciaa with that coupon, there were only four copies, and it was the end of the day on release day.

This time around, my Target had only 3-4 copies of the 4-disc pack and 3-4 copies of the 2-disc pack for Legacy, and about the same number or a couple more for Tron Classic 2-disc.

I know when I went in there to see how many copies Tangled had last week, there were a couple dozen of them, mostly 2-disc, though some 4-disc combo packs. Certainly a lot more copies of Tangled than either Tron movie.

[quote name='biglew']SUCCESS!!! Just left the North Seattle Target with the 4 disc Tron Legacy Blu-Ray & 2 disc Tron Classic Blu-Ray for $30.02 with tax! All of my coupons worked! I used both the $5 off DMR coupon & $5 off Target Spring Mailer "Bunny Money" print off along with the $8 instant savings! Receipt shows I saved $38.00! The cashier lady did have trouble scanning the "Bunny Money" but she rescanned both coupons in a different order (sorry, don't remember the order) & it worked! She was super nice the whole time. Looks like they tax you on the subtotal before taking off one of the $5 coupons. Good luck everyone! :)

4h9lx6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think the sequence that would make the most sense to get them all to work would be the following:

1) Scan Tron Legacy, which is at the $24.99 price.
2) Scan the Bunny Munny coupon, which will have it work at the $24.99 price.
3) Scan Tron Classic, which will apply the $8 combo discount and drop the price of Tron Legacy down to $20.54.
4) Scan the DMR coupon, which knocks $5 off Tron Legacy.

Having the Bunny Munny coupon scanned after you scan either the DMR coupon or Tron Classic will drop the price of Tron Legacy 4-disc lower than $24.99, which may invalidate the coupon. The register shouldn't care either way, though it might in this case with the multiple discounts. I'm surprised that the Bunny Munny coupon even works with the $8 combo discount, since it's a Target coupon. It must be working because you have two items, one manufacturer coupon and two Target coupons.

For the Bunny Money coupon, just search for disneycoupon.jpg and you'll find it.

I just got back from Target and since I'm a Target Team Member with a Red Card I was able to get both movies for an after tax total of $23.64... super awesome deal!!!

I'm only hoping that next week's Cars and Incredibles combo packs will have a similar "buy both and get a $x off"... since both combo's will likely be under $24.99 and, therefore, make the Bunny Money coupon useless for them. That reminds me, I still have yet to find any posts about the DMR coupons for either of those releases!

Well... after Tangled for less than $15 and two more Disney Blu titles for under $25, it's a good time to be a Target employee.... :D

BTW... I see that some Targets may not have a lot of copies of the Legacy 3D combo pack, so if you're in the Milwaukee area and having trouble, make sure to check out the West Milwaukee/Miller Park Target... they must have had at least 20 copies as of 9:30 am

[quote name='biglew']Looks like they tax you on the subtotal before taking off one of the $5 coupons. Good luck everyone! :)[/QUOTE]

For manufacturer's coupons, tax is applied before the coupon amount is deducted. I guess this is since the manufacturer is going to reimburse Target the face value of the coupon, versus a store coupon, which is basically just a discount on the price from Target.

[quote name='shrike4242']When I picked up Nausciaa with that coupon, there were only four copies, and it was the end of the day on release day.

This time around, my Target had only 3-4 copies of the 4-disc pack and 3-4 copies of the 2-disc pack for Legacy, and about the same number or a couple more for Tron Classic 2-disc.[/QUOTE]

It must vary by store, probably based on demographics of the region or somesuch. The store that I went to this morning had probably 15-20 copies of the 4-disc pack, probably about an equal number of the 2-disc Legacy pack, and probably around 25-30 copies of Tron Classic. I was actually surprised to see so many copies of the 4-disc pack, I didn't think that 3D was that popular yet.

Though I had the same experience with Nausicaa -- I went first thing in the morning for that one too, and I was glad that I did, because they only had four copies.

[quote name='shrike4242']If they do another BD player offer or something else like that around the holiday season, I'm sure there will be lots of titles to pick from for the movies that will get you into the program for the item.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, but last time I already had (and had already redeemed the codes from) all of the titles on the list that I wanted. I'm hoping to avoid that happening again.

Bought the regular 2 disc Blu-ray of Tron Legacy and the original Tron Blu-ray...got the $8 discount and the DMR coupon worked fine.

[quote name='nintendolink007']Is there anything special if i picked up the 5 disc blu-ray verison over purchasing them separately?[/QUOTE]

650 disney movie reward points if you redeem it today only

Got to Target early in case they got anal about the coupons but thankfully no problems. Tron was going fast. The check out girl told me she'd sold five sets in the first 15 minutes of store opening.

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']650 disney movie reward points if you redeem it today only[/QUOTE]

i dont really patricapate in that since i dont own alot of disney movies or its very very rare i purchase one. But im talking about special feature or anything bonus thats i cant if i buy them seperately?

wow, I can't believe it was that easy, handed bunny money 1st scanned, handed disney coupon, scanned, -8 for both. $29 OTD. Thanks.

I noticed my Target only had 4 3D Tron Legacy copies on the shelf. Not sure if they have more in the back. They had the big ugly round security tag on them. The straps damaged some of the sleeves.

[quote name='nintendolink007']Is there anything special if i picked up the 5 disc blu-ray verison over purchasing them separately?[/QUOTE]
You will get less with the 5-disc set but pay more. It's missing the DVD for the original Tron.

Saw this worked for some so I tried it and it worked for me....

From target
3d Tron ~ scanned dmr coupon
Classic Tron ~ scanned dmr coupon
8 dollars off when you get both
Scanned bunny movie coupon

Total was 25 and change for everything. Great deal. Just kinda ticked I forgot my bag to save 5 more cents and my redcard to save another 5%.. oh well.

[quote name='basketb']You will get less with the 5-disc set but pay more. It's missing the DVD for the original Tron.[/QUOTE]

ah ok thank you very much. So many freakin' sets out there i want to make sure im getting the right one. As much as i dont care for the DVD verison nor Digital Copies, the nice thing about these combos is knowing how popular this movie is, i could get some money back to save more.

awesome day! Ran up to the movie section, no 4-disc 3D sets available. Grabbed the 2-disc of each film and went up to the front. Figured checking out in electronics would only raise eyes. Profiled a clerk who I thought wouldn't read the coupon (based on age (the youngest) and visible tattoos) She scanned one movie but then took the gun and scanned some sort of placard thing I couldn't see. I got nervous. Even more crazy was after she scanned that barcode, both films appeared as packaged out w/o touch the second one. She looked back and forth at both..but then hit total. Handed her my coupon, she just scanned it in, $29.21 with tax out the door! Can't wait to enjoy this in its 7.1 glory tonight, and I haven't even seen the film yet, so its even better!!

You pay more, get a digital copy, and no DVD of the original Tron.

I just used the coupon at BB to get the standard blu + dvd combo. No issues there, the girl didn't even look at it, just entered 5 bucks off.

just got back from Union, NJ target where DMR worked with $8 discount, i choose not to push my luck with bunny money coup but it seems like it will work if u hand it to them before DMR coup

$34 after tax for Tron legacy (4disc) + Tron

I too was able to use the Bunny+DMR+$8 to get the 4 disc Legacy and 2 Disc Classic.

I just let the girl scan the items and handed her the coupons with the Bunny one first. Worked without a hitch.

I was able to get the sweet deal with bunny+DMR+8. Handed the bunny one first and it beeped. Cashier quickly pressed the F1 so all worked out after that. Got my lenticular Tron 3D and Tron Original.

Thing is I still don't get the 200 double points thing. I thought that Disney usually gives out 125 points for combo packs so wouldn't it be 250 if it was really doubled?

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Thing is I still don't get the 200 double points thing. I thought that Disney usually gives out 125 points for combo packs so wouldn't it be 250 if it was really doubled?[/QUOTE]

They give 200 points for the 4-disc 3D combo packs (they have done so for at least this and Tangled now), so it's 400 points when doubled for those.

My Target was sold out of the original Tron. Have to try another one on the way home from work. This is the second time they've got me with the 'buy 2 movies and save' and having one out of stock. Hope the coupon still works by the end of the day.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I only got 200 points.[/QUOTE]

For some reason the bonus doesn't show up on the "my recent codes" list on the main page. Go to "My DMR" and then "My Points" (if you don't land there automatically), and you should see the bonus points, listed as a separate line item.

Was able to get the 3D and original with $8 savings and DMR coupon. Didn't have Bunny coupon, but I was out the door for less than $35 so I am cool with that!! Haven't seen the original Tron in a LONG time!

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I do see them there but I don't think they have actually added to my account yet. As I was tracking my amount.[/QUOTE]

Huh, weird -- they were definitely added to mine. I just went through the "show all points earned" and totaled everything to be certain, and my total points definitely includes them.

No issues in CA although I didn't even bother with the Bunny Money coupon, I figured it might be pushing it enough as it is. When I went to checkout the cashier looked INCREDIBLY close at the coupon and read it 2-3 times; being as the store management hierarchy was standing about 10 feet away talking about something (this was the only open register this morning so I couldn't escape them) I was sure I was dead in the water for the coupon. but she eventually read whatever made her convinced it was real, and after about 10 attempts to scan the coupon (she was scanning everything except the UPC) walked out the door with the movies for under $35ish after tax. Not bad at all, especially considering I originally had the awful CE at $65 from Amazon.

Really looking forward to seeing the original again in HD (and demoing Legacy although I didn't really think it was all that great). Got the 4-disc set mostly to have 3D for sometime in the future, I will say the 3D was pretty good in theatres so it'd be a good disc to have if a 3d setup fell into my apartment or something.

The store I went to was surprisingly well stocked; at first I didn't see the 3D set but they had about 10 or so, another 10ish of the "normal" version, and maybe 5-10 copies of the original movie. Given how low stock movies have been in this store the last few go rounds (Fantasia and Nausicaa were both gone before the end of the day on release) I was a bit surprised.

Went perfectly. Was worried the target coupon was printing at the wrong size and looked all weird. Lady at the counter looked at it kind of suspiciously. But it worked fine, $30 for both movies in CA.

Anyway, saw a poster claim to use 2 DMR coupons.... plus bunny coupon? Please re-explain this. You can use 2 $5 ones plus where the bunny coupon from?

Used the DMR and Bunny Money coupon along with the 8 off for buying both. Only the Bunny Money caused a problem but she overrode it. 29.70 with tax in Warrenville, IL.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']What Bunny Money?[/QUOTE]

Its a coupon for Target, see slickdeals for the PDF

Thanks to the people who let us know about Target, after reading I went in and got the 3D Set and the OG Tron BD for $31 after coupons/discount in IA

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Anyway, saw a poster claim to use 2 DMR coupons.... plus bunny coupon? Please re-explain this. You can use 2 $5 ones plus where the bunny coupon from?[/QUOTE]
I believe the DMR coupon either works on Classic as well or cashiers are accidentally doubling up on Legacy thinking the coupons are separate. Many people have been able to use two DMR coupons, the bunny money, and get the $8 promo in one sale. Your cashier has to be pretty braindead or not care at all for this to work, though.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Anyway, saw a poster claim to use 2 DMR coupons.... plus bunny coupon? Please re-explain this. You can use 2 $5 ones plus where the bunny coupon from?[/QUOTE]

I posted I used two dmr coupons plus the bunny coupon. Both scanned no problem so if you can get your cashier to try it then it should work. I paid 25 after CA sales tax for the 3D and classic movie.

[quote name='biglew']SUCCESS!!! Just left the North Seattle Target with the 4 disc Tron Legacy Blu-Ray & 2 disc Tron Classic Blu-Ray for $30.02 with tax! All of my coupons worked! I used both the $5 off DMR coupon & $5 off Target Spring Mailer "Bunny Money" print off along with the $8 instant savings! Receipt shows I saved $38.00! The cashier lady did have trouble scanning the "Bunny Money" but she rescanned both coupons in a different order (sorry, don't remember the order) & it worked! She was super nice the whole time. Looks like they tax you on the subtotal before taking off one of the $5 coupons. Good luck everyone! :)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your heads up. I didn't have Bunny Munny, but I used the $5 coupon at Northgate Target without a hitch. I was already heading there, but when I saw your post I printed out the coupon. :D

[quote name='Jodou']I believe the DMR coupon either works on Classic as well or cashiers are accidentally doubling up on Legacy thinking the coupons are separate. Many people have been able to use two DMR coupons, the bunny money, and get the $8 promo in one sale. Your cashier has to be pretty braindead or not care at all for this to work, though.[/QUOTE]

For this to work, all the cashier has to do is scan 2 DMR coupons (one applies to each of the Trons, you couldn't use two of those coupons on just one Tron movie), the $8 savings are automatic, and the $5 bunny munny coupon usually needs a manual overwrite (if the cashier were to read the DMR coupon and/or knew Target's restriction stated in the ad, then this obviously wouldn't work).

bread's done
Back