*Dead* Tron: Legacy $5 DMR Coupon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/tron-couponTron: Legacy

The coupon is stated to be for the 4-disc or 5-disc set, but has been proven to work with 2-disc as well. The Target ad states this coupon may not be combined with the $8 off (when buying Legacy and Classic together) promo, but the register WILL combine them if the cashier is clueless.

If you're experiencing issues printing, try using IE or Chrome as FF may conflict with the coupon printer app.

Coupon is now dead; leaving open for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to wish I would have done what some of you did. I got the 5 disc set off amazon however would rather have the 3d, tron legacy, tron, the DVD of both than the digital copy.

Didnt want to chance 2 DMR coupons. But did do the Bunny coupon and 1 DMR coupon and got the $8 off on top of that for buying both the 4 dich version of LEgacy and the Original. $27...not bad. Just wish I bought these on Tuesday so I could have got double disney rewards points for Legacy. Ah well.

I have yet to find a Target that has both the 3D and original Tron. They either have one or the other, or once they finally get the other the one they had is no longer there. I think they're getting wise to the coups and are stashing them away until Sunday.

[quote name='Finch106']I have yet to find a Target that has both the 3D and original Tron. They either have one or the other, or once they finally get the other the one they had is no longer there. I think they're getting wise to the coups and are stashing them away until Sunday.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that Disney grossly underestimated the demand for the original Tron Blu-Ray, and didn't ship enough, so it's pretty much OOS everywhere now, even Amazon has it back ordered. I saw one copy today at FYE which was priced almost as much as what I paid for both movies at Amazon on Tuesday, but both Target and Wal-Mart had no copies of the original on Blu.

every store ive been to has both but my dang problem is not being able to print the stupid coupon!! College computers cant use the coupon printer and so i have to wait till at least tomorrow to find a printer!!!

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Didnt want to chance 2 DMR coupons. But did do the Bunny coupon and 1 DMR coupon and got the $8 off on top of that for buying both the 4 dich version of LEgacy and the Original. $27...not bad. Just wish I bought these on Tuesday so I could have got double disney rewards points for Legacy. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Same here, $27 + tax for both movies. High five!

[quote name='Finch106']I have yet to find a Target that has both the 3D and original Tron. They either have one or the other, or once they finally get the other the one they had is no longer there. I think they're getting wise to the coups and are stashing them away until Sunday.[/QUOTE]

yeah me too. It's not looking good for me to get in on this one. I'll give it one more shot tomorrow.

[quote name='eastx']Same here, $27 + tax for both movies. High five![/QUOTE]

(High fives Eastx)

As for you guys not finding both do you guys live on the East Coast or West Coast? Wondering if more got shipped to East coasters. Or Maybe there's just a ton of TRON fanboys where you live.

anyone not get the digital copy code sheet in Tron Legacy 4 disc version?
I did not and Amazon said this is a known issue and is re-sending another copy.

So I tried it at my local target.

The bunny money gave me so much trouble. As soon as the coupon failed to scan...2 employees came over to crawl all over the situation. Eventually they manually put in the barcode and it said 5 dollars off but then they called another manager who asked where I got the coupon from and I said online ...then the dick head made up some shit saying it's only for Easter items....and I so I made up some shit saying it was for a coupon for 19.99 or higher blu rays/dvd's.... he finally let it slide since the system took it.
Didn't help that my printer printed it out in pink instead of green.

[IMG-L=6968]22097[/IMG-L]

so I saved only 9 dollars per movie?:whistle2:s (from 19.99)

[quote name='spmahn']The problem is that Disney grossly underestimated the demand for the original Tron Blu-Ray, and didn't ship enough, so it's pretty much OOS everywhere now, even Amazon has it back ordered. I saw one copy today at FYE which was priced almost as much as what I paid for both movies at Amazon on Tuesday, but both Target and Wal-Mart had no copies of the original on Blu.[/QUOTE]

Yea it was Disney's fuck up last year that made the people who had the original 2 disc dvd release to make a profit...god damn 100 dollars for a movie I paid 20 bucks for back in the day................only to pay around 10 bucks to get both BR/DVD!

[quote name='ITDEFX']So I tried it at my local target.

The bunny money gave me so much trouble. As soon as the coupon failed to scan...2 employees came over to crawl all over the situation. Eventually they manually put in the barcode and it said 5 dollars off but then they called another manager who asked where I got the coupon from and I said online ...then the dick head made up some shit saying it's only for Easter items....and I so I made up some shit saying it was for a coupon for 19.99 or higher blu rays/dvd's.... he finally let it slide since the system took it.

so I saved only 9 dollars per movie?:whistle2:s (from 19.99)[/QUOTE]

That manager is a dumbass then. The coupon clearly states save $5 on Disney Blush $24.99 and up. Easter items my ass. Hell doesn't the coupon expire before Easter? Lol

And yes you would have saved $18 all together. $8 for buying both, $5 for DMR coupon, and $5 for Bunny coupon

[quote name='ITDEFX']So I tried it at my local target.

so I saved only 9 dollars per movie?:whistle2:s (from 19.99)[/QUOTE]Be glad you managed to get away with using the coupon in the first place.

Unless you had an original of the coupon, it shouldn't have been accepted in the first place, since the scanned and printed version isn't legitimate.

[quote name='king9x']My original Tron Blu-ray didn't come with the DMR flyer. I lost 125 points. :([/QUOTE]

If you've got the receipt, you can take a pic of the movie and receipt and email to it DMR-- they'll verify and give you the points. (Had that happen to me with Muppets Season 2 set that I'd purchased from Amazon. I contacted DMR, they told me to send them a picture of the receipt (with item circled) and the movie. Took about three days to get the points.)

Can't believe I just now noticed this , but I never got my $5 off Tron Legacy when I bought it last week. I gave the cashier the coupon and it rang up , but I'm sitting here looking at the receipt now and the $5 is never taken off:

Tron Legacy $24.99
MFR Coupon -$5.00
Tron Original $19.99
--------------------
Package Subtotal $44.98
Tron Original Promo -$8.00
--------------------
Package Total $36.98

I guess I didn't notice it before since I also got Kung Fu Panda at the time , otherwise I probably would've noticed the $37 vs the $32 it should have been. Now I don't know whether I should bother going back there to try and get the $5 and whether they might cause a problem because of the promo stacking.

bread's done
Back