*DEAD* X Marks the Spot Scavenger Hunt - Official Xbox 360 contest with daily prizes

[quote name='ahou']yep experimental is it but where was this word? I didn't care long enough to navigate through the dew site[/quote]

It's a video in the MISC section of Moutain Dew Video pages. It wasn't there for me earlier (even when other people apparently had found the answer), so it was either a staggered rollout or some people guessed well. It does make me wonder how early in the day I should attempt doing these things. It upsets me to have wasted a good amount of time looking for something that wasn't there.

Strangely enough this game also makes me mad at some of these brands which I'm guessing is the opposite of the intended effect. If I have to spend more than a few minutes looking for the green X on your web page you have gone from positive advertising to an unexplainable hatred of your product.

well if you hit 20 guesses you can't get the answer at all for this clue. which is really stupid. it should reset over time.

considering i tried entering exceptions about 15 of those times.

AFTER 20 INCORRECT ATTEMPTS TO ANSWER ANY INDIVIDUAL CLUE, THE CLUE WILL BE LOCKED AND THE USER WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR A CORRECT ANSWER.

This sucks now im in 408th place and i was in 25th : ( and i cant recive credit for that dumbass 31

that's messed up, that video definitely wasn't there. i had even fully cleared my internet files, cookies, etc. to see if anything different came up and it didn't. so was it just an incredibly lucky guess by that first player at 40? sorry to those of you that got locked out.

what i also don't get is
1. why isn't the X green
2. why isn't this "video" listed in the newest category

Ok, yeah, this is driving me insane. Every time a new set of clues is posted, I get as many as I can on my own. But I swear to God, I can never seem to find the words, and sometimes when I do find what turns out to be the answer, I -never- see a green 'x.'

*eyetwitch*

[quote name='Ha429rout']AFTER 20 INCORRECT ATTEMPTS TO ANSWER ANY INDIVIDUAL CLUE, THE CLUE WILL BE LOCKED AND THE USER WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR A CORRECT ANSWER.

This sucks now im in 408th place and i was in 25th : ( and i cant recive credit for that dumbass 31[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. Its all random anyway.

Thanks for the answers CAG. If I win something, I will give it away.

[quote name='ananag112']Don't worry about it. Its all random anyway.

Thanks for the answers CAG. If I win something, I will give it away.[/quote]

So...if you win the car....can i have it?

i cant belive you guys all found it out. i guess i don't get to win everything. :bomb:

lol i thought the answer was ironic thought. think about it.

[quote name='xGLOBAL THREATx']i cant belive you guys all found it out. i guess i don't get to win everything. :bomb:

lol i thought the answer was ironic thought. think about it.[/quote]

So you're the guy that was #1 and everyone was talking about last night...did you just guess?

yes and no. i did find the word experimental on the site but there was no green x in the word, and it was in fine print. which i can understand why it took an army of 11,000 people to figure out in 7 hours. it was at the end of the longboarding video. i guessed the word extreme first didnt work, then i guessed experimental then boom i was number 1. bitchin.

you realize now there is a completely new "video" in the misc category with experimental right across the banner? i doubt anybody else figured it out your way.

[quote name='joe2187']So...if you win the car....can i have it?[/QUOTE]

Whats the fun in that? If I do win the car (which I won't) I will probably auction it on ebay for charity or something and just keep only the money needed pay off taxes. If I win something smaller which I won't get much off of anyway, I will give it away here to a random person.

yea thats gay. lol cool im just happy i had that 7 hour spotlight when no one else could find it. the thing im not all that happy about was the fact that is till have over 30 message to delete in my xbl inbox.

There's one thing i don't get about this friggin raffle. Why does the ranking system suck and move your ranks around, i mean shouldn't it have kept me as rank #1 since i was 7 hrs. ahead of everyone? i don't get that it's retarded

[quote name='xGLOBAL THREATx']There's one thing i don't get about this friggin raffle. Why does the ranking system suck and move your ranks around, i mean shouldn't it have kept me as rank #1 since i was 7 hrs. ahead of everyone? i don't get that it's retarded[/quote]

dont get too cocky, we dont like that shit around here

if you're gonna be one of us, then start acting like it

[quote name='becuzimbrown']dont get too cocky, we dont like that shit around here

if you're gonna be one of us, then start acting like it[/quote]

One of us?.....

Say do we get members jackets? that would be sweet!, all the chicks dig guys with Tight wallets.

[quote name='xGLOBAL THREATx']There's one thing i don't get about this friggin raffle. Why does the ranking system suck and move your ranks around, i mean shouldn't it have kept me as rank #1 since i was 7 hrs. ahead of everyone? i don't get that it's retarded[/quote]

The rankings shouldn't matter. The contest isn't "Top rank gets picked first for prizes", the number of X's you have pertains to the number of entries into the contest. The more X's you find the more entries you get. As far as anyone is concerned everyone who has found 40 X's right now is in the number 1 spot. Everyone who has found 39 is in the number 2 spot, et cetera. There's no real ranking system, just an invalid system attempting to rank people based on their chances to win a prize.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']The rankings shouldn't matter. The contest isn't "Top rank gets picked first for prizes", the number of X's you have pertains to the number of entries into the contest. The more X's you find the more entries you get. As far as anyone is concerned everyone who has found 40 X's right now is in the number 1 spot. Everyone who has found 39 is in the number 2 spot, et cetera. There's no real ranking system, just an invalid system attempting to rank people based on their chances to win a prize.[/QUOTE]

Well said man.

Instead of putting a leaderboard list, they should put a winners list.

[quote name='J train86']stupid 20 tries crap......[/quote] Haha same here, I used to be rank 11 but now I'm rank 900. Doesn't matter though, only one entry less than everyone above me.

bread's done
Back