*DEAD* X Marks the Spot Scavenger Hunt - Official Xbox 360 contest with daily prizes

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Have we had any winners on the West Coast yet...particularly SoCal?[/quote]

West Coast should be getting their letters today or tomorrow. Letters were sent from NY so East Coast got them first.

Well, I had 340 entries, and I still didn't get a letter today.
I'll give it to the end of this week, if I don't get it by then, I'll drop all my hopes.

I am still wondering if they would be willing you substitute a different prize pack to me instead of the trip because of my situation and how the trip would be basically useless to me. Then again I am the only one trying to figure this out since everyone on here only won games and stuff.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']I am still wondering if they would be willing you substitute a different prize pack to me instead of the trip because of my situation and how the trip would be basically useless to me. Then again I am the only one trying to figure this out since everyone on here only won games and stuff.[/quote] Maybe you can sell it.

I live in Los Angeles and got my letter on monday. Won the domino's card. Had all 360 entires and was ranked 199. was hoping for something better. Oh wells.

m

[quote name='Halo3Champ']I am still wondering if they would be willing you substitute a different prize pack to me instead of the trip because of my situation and how the trip would be basically useless to me. Then again I am the only one trying to figure this out since everyone on here only won games and stuff.[/quote]

I am pretty sure they will give you a chance to take just the cash when you have to send in the affidativ. Most big contests give cash out options.

[quote name='vx3']I live in Los Angeles and got my letter on monday. Won the domino's card. Had all 360 entires and was ranked 199. was hoping for something better. Oh wells.

m[/quote]

Thanks for the update...here's hoping for the fridge :pray:

CAG winners so far:

Daily Prize Drawings:

1st prize (Mt. Dew mini-fridge): 2
2nd prize (SCH-I760 phone): 1
3rd prize (Xbox 360 game): 12
4th prize (Activision sweatshirt): 0
5th prize ($20 Dominos GC): 6
6th prize (Big Red gum): 0

Weekly Prize Drawings:

Grand prize (Xbox 360 Elite): 1
1st prize (Zune): 0

Grand Prize Drawing:

Grand prize (Pontiac G6 Coupe + gum): 0
1st prize (Ultimate Home Entertainment & Gaming System + gum): 0
2nd prize (5 day/4 night trip for 4 to any Beaches Resort): 1
3rd prize: (Adidas "Game On" Package): 0

Think I got everyone. Merry Christmas to the 23 CAG winners!

Updated for Charron.

i won a Samsung SCH-i760 [the bad thing is that i didn't use Verizon Wireless, i use Nextel Hybrid]

thank you all you guys that helped finding those words, especially the ones from mountain dew. 360/360 rank less than 100

also i received a Xbox 360 Spartan Controller from Mountain Dew (the contest of september) and 10 T-Shirts

i feel lucky :), specially because i didn't receive too much things on Christmas (only a jacket, and 100 dlls from my mother, and i have to pay a watch with that money and a external hard drive) only bills.

Happy Holidays CAG Community :)

Congrats Davefer.
That sucks about the phone though.
Verizon does have good phone service, but when it comes to wireless internet, they SUCK!
But they have a monopoly on this area......so I have no choice.

yeah, i'm kinda mexican american, so we usually use Nextel to talk with friends on US and Mexico, here where i live Nextel rocks, it sucks only in the Mall and in the South Padre Island in Vacations..

well, i have to decide if i keep the phone for personal use, or sell it because like everybody, i think that the most we need is money

I'm trying to decide whether or not to sell the fridge and get another 360 for my brand spankin new entertainment center.

46" TV and Surround Sound galore :D

[quote name='Dem Pyros']I'm trying to decide whether or not to sell the fridge and get another 360 for my brand spankin new entertainment center.

46" TV and Surround Sound galore :D[/quote]

I'm definitely selling mine. Already have a minifridge I don't use.

Sheesh, how much are all you guys selling these fridges for?!
I'm definitly in for one of em, and once yours arrives at my house, I'll get a letter notifying me that I won a fridge.

The ARP is only $250 though, so when I throw mine up on eBay I'll only start it at $200. No idea how high it'll go, but I'd be happy with just that much.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Nobody answers the phone at Marden Kane![/quote]

Maybe they're closed for the holidays.

[quote name='Charron']The ARP is only $250 though, so when I throw mine up on eBay I'll only start it at $200. No idea how high it'll go, but I'd be happy with just that much.[/quote]
Don't know if the Halo themed one will sell for more but I just searched ebay for "dew fridge" and this is all it came up with...with no bids:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=dew+fridge&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&ebaytag1=ebayreg&srchdesc=n&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Don't know if the Halo themed one will sell for more but I just searched ebay for "dew fridge" and this is all it came up with...with no bids:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=dew+fridge&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&ebaytag1=ebayreg&srchdesc=n&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort
[/quote]

Those ones only have a MSRP of $99, for what it's worth. (I know - I have two of those, including my false alarm for this contest the other week.) Last summer, I think they were fetching up to $150, IIRC.

I don't know why the Halo-theme one is more than twice the value, though.

[quote name='wheelsee']You can add me to the list of Daily 3rd Place winners...

-wC[/quote]

Did you get your letter today?

Well, no letter today, so I'm giving up all hope.
Sheesh, 340 entries and still not even a pack of gum. I must be one unlucky son of a gun.

[quote name='SpectralGerm']Well, no letter today, so I'm giving up all hope.
Sheesh, 340 entries and still not even a pack of gum. I must be one unlucky son of a gun.[/QUOTE]
Same here, oh well...

Honestly archangel, unless you live in a remote island in the pacific where mail takes months to arrive, I'd abandon all hope
But thats just me....damn snail mail USPS

[quote name='SpectralGerm']Honestly archangel, unless you live in a remote island in the pacific where mail takes months to arrive, I'd abandon all hope
But thats just me....damn snail mail USPS[/quote]

I'm 360 for 360 (final ranking 235) and haven't gotten any letters.

I may hold out hope for tomorrow, because I spoke to my aunt in Texas today and she mailed a letter two weeks ago that just arrived today.

Of course, 1 out of every third EGM or other mag I subscribe to never arrives either. I'm starting to really dislike USPS now that I think about it.

Well, remember, the letter's not what's important, it's the prize itself. You don't have to do anything with the letter, so if you never get one, it's no biggie.

[quote name='Charron']Well, remember, the letter's not what's important, it's the prize itself. You don't have to do anything with the letter, so if you never get one, it's no biggie.[/quote]
True. But I wouldn't mind the letter to provide a little peace of mind.

[quote name='Kryptinite']Did you get your letter today?[/QUOTE]

No I got it on Xmas Eve...along with my free copy of Vista Ultimate I got for doing the Microsoft User Panel...

-wC

Hmm.....J7 we need to try something new.
Next contest, we'll only put 1 entry, and maybe we'll win.
Because apparently, more than 300 entries only ensures that you LOSE!!

[quote name='SpectralGerm']Hmm.....J7 we need to try something new.
Next contest, we'll only put 1 entry, and maybe we'll win.
Because apparently, more than 300 entries only ensures that you LOSE!![/quote]

I had 360/360 and I won a game.

[quote name='DJSteel']this contest sucked balls... 360/360.. and got nothing...[/quote]

I think once the entries get high enough, it turns your chances to crap.
And makes the entire contest depend entirely on chance and luck.

wow whats all this complaining and grumbling for. Entries into a contest merely guarantee a chance at winning something. Whats more is that none of us paid anything to enter so its not like were losing anything other than 5 minutes because most of you guys just came here, stole them, and entered them. How ridiculus do you guys appear to be? Please God, make me win something so I can worship videogames instead of you. Pssht, congrats to all who have win and Happy Hollidays.

[quote name='xtremedum']wow whats all this complaining and grumbling for. Entries into a contest merely guarantee a chance at winning something. Whats more is that none of us paid anything to enter so its not like were losing anything other than 5 minutes because most of you guys just came here, stole them, and entered them. How ridiculus do you guys appear to be? Please God, make me win something so I can worship videogames instead of you. Pssht, congrats to all who have win and Happy Hollidays.[/quote]

:applause: amazing analysis.. I didn't cheat.. I wasted sleep on this crap and for nothing..

[quote name='xtremedum']wow whats all this complaining and grumbling for. Entries into a contest merely guarantee a chance at winning something. Whats more is that none of us paid anything to enter so its not like were losing anything other than 5 minutes because most of you guys just came here, stole them, and entered them. How ridiculus do you guys appear to be? Please God, make me win something so I can worship videogames instead of you. Pssht, congrats to all who have win and Happy Hollidays.[/quote]

Did anyone ask your opinion?
I don't think so. If you have no positive addage to this thread
Then don't post

[quote name='SpectralGerm']Did anyone ask your opinion?
I don't think so. If you have no positive addage to this thread
Then don't post[/QUOTE]
Well, it is an open forum and people are welcomed to an opinion here.
I semi agree with him, it is a contest .. congrats to winners and happy holidays!

bread's done
Back