Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, it looks like it is from everything I can find.

Also this isn't working with DS games yet. >_<

Oh well, got a used copy of Arkham free because we don't have a best buy anywhere near here anyway. If anyone has an extra Catwoman code, and wouldn't mind tossing it my way, I would soooo appreciate it. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LongshotJohnson']using the ipod shuffles as fillers to get more expensive preowned games works in this deal like the previous sale.[/QUOTE]

Want to fill me in on this?

[quote name='luan87us']Want to fill me in on this?[/QUOTE]

Ipod shuffles are considered "systems". You can include systems in a B2G1, but they can't be the free item. So, you buy two Ipod Shuffles for ~$22, and you get any used game free, even skyrim or Mass effect 3. Add all three to your cart and it should work, as long as you are a PUR member and your PUR code has been applied. it should work for everyone else tomorrow.

Looking at Dead Island and Dead Rising OTR. Was hoping for Mortal Kombat, but the Kollectors Edition isn't available used, and standard edition is priced stupid high. Time to find a different third game...

My email said I had 24 in credi, but when I checked online it showed the full 54 that I thought I had. I don't know where they got that number from either since I went from 0 credit to 54 in one day of trades. Who knows.

[quote name='ironmenpb']Does anyone have the new weekly ad for target?[/QUOTE]

Well, this is the best place to ask. In a gamestop B2G1 thread.

But seriously, I have no idea. Usually the new add will get posted around Thursday or Friday.

Thanks for the in-store checker for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning! Guess I can probably cross that one off my list...

Does anyone have a in-store checker for MW3 (both systems) and SSX (xbox 360)?

I tried just editing the URL and replacing the SKU, but I guess I'm doing it wrong...

Does Gamestop still guarantee used games to have a case and instructions (for PS3 and Wii) or is that long gone?

[quote name='V3rtigo']Does Gamestop still guarantee used games to have a case and instructions (for PS3 and Wii) or is that long gone?[/QUOTE]

lol, that's funny

[quote name='V3rtigo']Does Gamestop still guarantee used games to have a case and instructions (for PS3 and Wii) or is that long gone?[/QUOTE]

Loooong gone

[quote name='V3rtigo']aaaannnnnndddd cart is empty.[/QUOTE]

I have been able to exchange anything I receive w/o case/instructions in store without a problem. If I get the manager, they are bitter about it because they know it is policy, but it is harder for them to sell a used game w/o being complete - but they do it. The worst situation was when a manager said he wouldn't do it (not couldn't) because of this and I reminded him of the policy. He handed over the case and instructions and said "take it". When I was going to hand him the generic case from .com, he said "don't bother" and I left with both cases.

Just be sure to bring in your receipt, and if needed, point out where it shows you can exchange it for "any reason".

I thought it was just the opposite - they guarantee that games will work but not that you'll get an original case and/or instruction manual.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Just be sure to bring in your receipt, and if needed, point out where it shows you can exchange it for "any reason".[/QUOTE]

It's not worth the hassle for me. I'll just buy them on amazon.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I have been able to exchange anything I receive w/o case/instructions in store without a problem. If I get the manager, they are bitter about it because they know it is policy, but it is harder for them to sell a used game w/o being complete - but they do it. The worst situation was when a manager said he wouldn't do it (not couldn't) because of this and I reminded him of the policy. He handed over the case and instructions and said "take it". When I was going to hand him the generic case from .com, he said "don't bother" and I left with both cases.

Just be sure to bring in your receipt, and if needed, point out where it shows you can exchange it for "any reason".[/QUOTE]

Did not know they HAD to do it. Got some fucking managers denying having cases when I could see them when they open the drawers... Is that on the receipt ? Or somewhere in their pages.

Got my Metal Gear Solid HD on hold at my local store. When I go there, now I'll have to find two others, which I'm sure I can do!

Going to get Pokemon White or Black for my fiancee.....now I want to find 2 games in the $20 range for me for the 360....I've heard Darksiders is pretty good.

[quote name='TeamSwish']Going to get Pokemon White or Black for my fiancee.....now I want to find 2 games in the $20 range for me for the 360....I've heard Darksiders is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is an excellent game. Still trying to figure out a third game. I may cave in and grab ncaa basketball or something

[quote name='TeamSwish']Going to get Pokemon White or Black for my fiancee.....now I want to find 2 games in the $20 range for me for the 360....I've heard Darksiders is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

You can't go wrong with Lost Odyssey. It's on sale for $12.99 if you can't find anything else that's worth it.

And I recommend Darksiders. People call it Zelda-meets-God of War for good reason.

Regarding the wrong trade-in credit balance, my email told me I had $99, when I have about $180. Logging into my PUR account, it shows the correct balance of $186. Weird.

[quote name='Caoz']Did not know they HAD to do it. Got some fucking managers denying having cases when I could see them when they open the drawers... Is that on the receipt ? Or somewhere in their pages.[/QUOTE]

Technically, every return is subject to manager approval. Before the first time I exchanged cases a couple of years ago, I emailed GS.com about it and they said I could either return it or exchange it in store. I printed the email and did not need to use it. Since it did not contain any order number or specific game listed, I continued to carry it with any time I had to exchange the case or ask for a book. Never actually needed to show it.

Then, 2010 holiday season, when I didn't have the email anymore is when I got the minor resistance. I did mention one time that GS.com told me I could exchange it in store, and he did.

Overall, I would say I have done this between 5-10 times total at 4 different GS's. Was never actually denied. The nearest store was eager to help me out, since I used to be a frequent customer. Best Buy has been knocking it out of the park for me over the last year - so that is my preferred store of choice now.

[quote name='Tsel']Regarding the wrong trade-in credit balance, my email told me I had $99, when I have about $180. Logging into my PUR account, it shows the correct balance of $186. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my email shows the balance of my account from over a week ago before I made multiple trade in's and purchases.

[quote name='Byakurai']You can't go wrong with Lost Odyssey. It's on sale for $12.99 if you can't find anything else that's worth it.

And I recommend Darksiders. People call it Zelda-meets-God of War for good reason.[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is one of the best 10 games of this generation, and I'll stick to that statement.

Lost Odyssey - one of the games that always seems to make the cut to stay in my collection when I go to trade games in. I could revisit that game over and over again, especially since you get to NG+ again at Level 50. One of the best JRPGs ever. I'm probably one of the few that wishes they would still make turn-based RPGs. FFXIII was an enjoyable battle system for me, but I otherwise can't get into these real-time RPGS like Star Ocean/Vesperia/etc... If I want an action game, there are about a hundred more that have better combat controls. For JRPGs, give me Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon anyday.

[quote name='cmackchase']Darksiders is an excellent game. Still trying to figure out a third game. I may cave in and grab ncaa basketball or something[/QUOTE]

I think Dead Island is on sale for $18.99 used right now. I just finished that on the PS3 but am considering getting it again on the 360 because it's just so much damn fun to play and I want the achievements.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Yeah, my email shows the balance of my account from over a week ago before I made multiple trade in's and purchases.[/QUOTE]

Says I have 90 something dollars in my PUR account.

Logged into account and I have 0.

I knew I didn't had any balance but it's weird how I had none since I blew it all on the Vita...and that was back in February.

Why is everyone so surprised that their e-mail doesn't show the correct trade-in balance? It's not real time folks. Just like the weekly ad and other promo e-mails from GS with the "XXX points as of xx/xx/xx" they are never right. Use your receipts, PUR site and your brains people. :}

I went to the Gamestop for the Buy 2 get one free sale right by my house but they pretty much had nothing I was interested in...well actually they had one game I wanted...Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne but it was $29.99 which is a little steep for me... I still considered buying it but there wasen't two other games I wanted. So I went to another Gamestop where they had SMT: Nocturne but for $17.99...was very happy when I saw that...so I scooped that up along with Dead Space 2 and Dead Island.

[quote name='klimb22']Why is everyone so surprised that their e-mail doesn't show the correct trade-in balance? It's not real time folks. Just like the weekly ad and other promo e-mails from GS with the "XXX points as of xx/xx/xx" they are never right. Use your receipts, PUR site and your brains people. :}[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a balance of $99 in well over a month. I've been over $100 for quite some time now.

[quote name='Tsel']I haven't had a balance of $99 in well over a month. I've been over $100 for quite some time now.[/QUOTE]
Me email gave me a balance that I haven't had in about 4 months.

Went to a couple gamestops to mix and match ended up with
Borderlands ps3
Dead island Xbox
Tales of the abyss ps2
Crimson gem saga psp
Disgaea ps2
Rogue galaxy ps2

All for 66 before tax. Pretty good I would say.

[quote name='letskissthesky']Went to a couple gamestops to mix and match ended up with
Borderlands ps3
Dead island Xbox
Tales of the abyss ps2
Crimson gem saga psp
Disgaea ps2
Rogue galaxy ps2

All for 66 before tax. Pretty good I would say.[/QUOTE]

Nice pickups...I wanted to get Rogue Galaxy but the Gamestops I went to didn't have it.

Made a return and rebuy of Dead Island, Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition, and Ghostbusters, but found Ghostbusters for cheaper on eBay last night (and had some Paypal credit) and decided I'd take advantage of GS's $20 Dead Island price. So got Jak and Daxter Collection, MGS HD Collection, and Dead Rising 2 along with a new Dead Island. After GS credit, all for $10 out of pocket.

Pretty happy right now.

[quote name='letskissthesky']Went to a couple gamestops to mix and match ended up with
Borderlands ps3
Dead island Xbox
Tales of the abyss ps2
Crimson gem saga psp
Disgaea ps2
Rogue galaxy ps2

All for 66 before tax. Pretty good I would say.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I keep trying 3 ps2 games, but I have yet got the b2g1 discount...

Is this a problem for anyone else? (I am a PUR Pro member)

[quote name='mr_top_hat']Ugh, I keep trying 3 ps2 games, but I have yet got the b2g1 discount...

Is this a problem for anyone else? (I am a PUR Pro member)[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem until I actually logged into Gamestop.com with my email and password. That might work for you.

Wait...I thought the Spring Sale prices are reflected on the used price (Just got B: AC for $27.99 in store yesterday)? It is showing that the used prices for them are more (Catherine is showing in store for $34.99 used)

Hopefully they didn't raise the prices for them.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I had the same problem until I actually logged into Gamestop.com with my email and password. That might work for you.[/QUOTE]

Just tried that, still getting the same 10% discount, but no b2g1. I'm gonna try a different system and see if that's the issue.

Grabbed
-Catherine(Edited cover unfortunately)
-Disney Universe(For the wife)
-Halo CE Anniversary
-Reserved Far Cry 3

Total-61.68

Catherine is on sale in store, $25.19 final price

[quote name='ironmenpb']Would A PUR $15 off coupon stack with the buy 2 get one free??[/QUOTE]

Yes, but on your free game (so no).

[quote name='mr_top_hat']Just tried that, still getting the same 10% discount, but no b2g1. I'm gonna try a different system and see if that's the issue.[/QUOTE]

make sure you enter the right code for your power up rewards, top numbers on the back of card

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back