Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Schildkrote']Oh man, I love these! I've been wanting a copy of Tales of Vesperia for awhile, this is probably a good chance to spring for it. Not sure what else I'd want though.[/QUOTE]

Tales of Vesperia was $15.99 dlvd from Newegg for a while. Gamestop still charges $40 for it used. Even with a B2G1 discount I'd just wait for another NewEgg sale on it new. On another note, I found it be a pretty generic, overrated JRPG. I know people swear by it, but after trying 3 times to get into the game I finally gave up and sold it.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Tales of Vesperia was $15.99 dlvd from Newegg for a while. Gamestop still charges $40 for it used. Even with a B2G1 discount I'd just wait for another NewEgg sale on it new. On another note, I found it be a pretty generic, overrated JRPG. I know people swear by it, but after trying 3 times to get into the game I finally gave up and sold it.[/QUOTE]

See, I know in my heart of hearts that I shouldn't like JRPGs, given how the genre's stagnated for the past decade or so, but I grew up playing them and they're a weakness of mine. :(

Not a $40 weakness though. I'll hold off - thanks for the info!

GameStop is the biggest pile of shit company.
selling opened games as new and not allowing coupons we have to buy with points to stack with deal prices.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']On another note, I found it be a pretty generic, overrated JRPG. I know people swear by it, but after trying 3 times to get into the game I finally gave up and sold it.[/QUOTE]

This was painful to read. It's still one of the best games on the 360.

Don't bother if you don't like jrpg's.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The system itself won't allow PUR coupons to stack. So if the store allows it by a manual override then that means your PUR coupon is still valid and can be used again. As such I would think it is very against procedure to manually lower the price to reflect a PUR coupon since it allows customers to basically double-use a coupon.

EDIT: Was just told by a friend of mine that PUR coupons do work with B2G1 the thing is it applies to the free game, making it useless. So if you have a $10 coupon and get three $55 games it'll apply to one of them, making it $45, then because B2G1 makes the cheapest game free it then takes $45 off the $45 game that was originally $55. So either way it becomes useless, but technically it does stack, just in a way that makes it useless.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. As CAGs, we normally buy three of the same priced games to maximize the discount from the sale. However, if you buy 1 $55 game and 2 $30 games and use the coupon, it'll bring the $55 game down to $45, and one $30 game will still be free. Not the best way to use it, but an option for someone who has two cheaper games and one more expensive one they're on the fence about.

Not 100% sure it will work this way when rung up, but I have confirmed in the past you are correct with the coupon applying before the B2G1, thereby usually making the couponed game free. In that situation, it would only make sense it would apply as described above.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Yes and no. As CAGs, we normally buy three of the same priced games to maximize the discount from the sale. However, if you buy 1 $55 game and 2 $30 games and use the coupon, it'll bring the $55 game down to $45, and one $30 game will still be free. Not the best way to use it, but an option for someone who has two cheaper games and one more expensive one they're on the fence about.

Not 100% sure it will work this way when rung up, but I have confirmed in the past you are correct with the coupon applying before the B2G1, thereby usually making the couponed game free. In that situation, it would only make sense it would apply as described above.[/QUOTE]

Not true based on my experience. Gamestop being the honest and consumer friendly company they are always takes the coupon from the cheapest game in the order. One scenario I am unsure about is if I get two games, one $20 and one $8, I am unsure if it'll take $10 off a $8 game making it free, or be nice and make the $20 game $10, thus saving me another $2.

I bought New copies for LA Noire - Complete Edition and GTA IV - Complete on Monday (both PS3). I am now thinking if I should return those and get the used copies to take advantage of B2G1.

However, I want to ensure that there are no Online activation codes or DLCs (which are not on disc) that I may need to purchase for used copies. Can anyone here confirm this?

Thanks in advance!!

I think I'm going to pick up Splinter Cell Trilogy and Metal Gear Solid HD tomorrow. I will grab another equally priced game to flip to make my purchase a better deal, since I only want two games at the moment. I was going to do the Pick Up @ Store feature since one of my store shows all three games I would get in stock, but I called and the girl said they only hold them until the end of business day. However, I checked an old email from a previous pick up request and the email says they hold it for two days. Anyone have issues with this?

[quote name='mightymek']I think I'm going to pick up Splinter Cell Trilogy and Metal Gear Solid HD tomorrow. I will grab another equally priced game to flip to make my purchase a better deal, since I only want two games at the moment. I was going to do the Pick Up @ Store feature since one of my store shows all three games I would get in stock, but I called and the girl said they only hold them until the end of business day. However, I checked an old email from a previous pick up request and the email says they hold it for two days. Anyone have issues with this?[/QUOTE]

Newegg currently has splinter cell trilogy HD on sale for $15.99

[quote name='mewman13']Newegg currently has splinter cell trilogy HD on sale for $15.99[/QUOTE]

Oh they do? I have been looking everyday for that sale again. Maybe I'll do that and pick up Metal Gear with the Best Buy $10 off coupon. Might be a couple bucks more, but I'll get one of them new and save time and not have to flip. Something to think about for sure. Thanks!

I know someone already mention it, bit is there confirmation that GS runs B2G1 promotion nationwide for PUR members today. Is Anyone could confirm?

[quote name='ivos']I know someone already mention it, bit is there confirmation that GS runs B2G1 promotion nationwide for PUR members today. Is Anyone could confirm?[/QUOTE]

I called all the GS's in my area, and according to them, b2g1 starts wednesday for PUR, thursday for everyone else. So if you're hoping to make a trip today, I'd suggest calling first.

I can confirm this starts tomorrow for PUR members only. I went ahead and picked up copies of Metal Gear Solid 3D and Resident Evil: Revelations, and will be return/rebuying them to pick up my free copy of Mario Kart 7 tomorrow. :D Thanks OP!

Could someone explain to me how the inventory checker works? What does "Low Stock" mean, does that mean there definitely is at least 1 copy at a particular store? Also, some games don't have a "Pick up at store" link, does that mean there are 0 copies everywhere?

quick question, i could get a 20$ off a pre owned game coupon from my power rewards, now would that game i use it on become the free game?

[quote name='phoenixlau']Could someone explain to me how the inventory checker works? What does "Low Stock" mean, does that mean there definitely is at least 1 copy at a particular store? Also, some games don't have a "Pick up at store" link, does that mean there are 0 copies everywhere?[/QUOTE]

It's what the store has as of 10am (opening that morning/day). It means it can have anywhere from 1-4 copies of that game in stock. If the store sells that game after opening, the system will still show it still has it because the inventory doesnt update until the next day. That's why it's better to call your store to confirm they have the game or do the in-store pickup, which is the same thing.

Pick up at store is not available for all products. If it does not have pick up at store, it sometimes means there is a special sale on that game.

[quote name='RoylAsult']quick question, i could get a 20$ off a pre owned game coupon from my power rewards, now would that game i use it on become the free game?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='sasukekun']It's what the store has as of 10am (opening that morning/day). It means it can have anywhere from 1-4 copies of that game in stock. If the store sells that game after opening, the system will still show it still has it because the inventory doesnt update until the next day.[/QUOTE]

I have found that this is not usually the case. There have been many times when I have bought the last copy of a game at a store, and by the time I got home and checked the website again (~10-15 minutes later), that store no longer shows it as being available. I know there used to be a disclaimer on the GS website about how inventory status only updates once a day, but in my experience, it is surprisingly near real-time.

Picked up koa amalur, mw3 and skyrim today. Will do a return and rebuy tomorrow. Anyone know if the sale price will go back up for this b2g1?

[quote name='darrenaw9']Picked up koa amalur, mw3 and skyrim today. Will do a return and rebuy tomorrow. Anyone know if the sale price will go back up for this b2g1?[/QUOTE]

I got Battlefield 3 and they told me to bring the game in tomorrow incase the sale price doesn't apply I could exchange it. They said in the past it has applied, but they aren't 100% sure.

everytime this deal comes up, there is like nothing I know I should buy with my backlog, but I always feel like I'm missing out not getting it! (It's a problem I know...)

Though sometimes I just use this to pick up the

Placed an in-store pickup for Jak HD Collection, Resident Evil Revelations and Tales of the Abyss 3DS for tomorrow. So about $63 for 3 quality games seems great to me.

Hmm...Jak & Daxter Collection, RE:R, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked? If I could find all three complete, this might be a good purchase... :whistle2:k

But only if it lasts through Sunday, since I won't be able to get all three before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Do you have to be a PRO PUR member or can regular free members get the deal tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you have to be pro which they will gladly sell you for 14.99.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hmm...Jak & Daxter Collection, RE:R, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked? If I could find all three complete, this might be a good purchase... :whistle2:k

But only if it lasts through Sunday, since I won't be able to get all three before then.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, it lasts until Sunday at close!

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Do you have to be a PRO PUR member or can regular free members get the deal tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

My manager just said PowerUP Rewards member, so you might be good.

[quote name='sgr76']Did Saix just swagger jack me? LOL[/QUOTE]

Um I've had that avatar for at least 2 weeks, with that background itself. But overall I've had an avatar like that with a different background for months now.

Got email for b2g1 tomorrow for PUR.

Also, the inventory checker is updated simultaneously. I went to buy a game that said "available" i came back and the store said "low stock".

[quote name='nas6034']Any good games that are $17.99 or less worth getting?[/QUOTE]

dead island, borderlands 2 game of the year edition and _____. cant think of another good one .

I'm going for Street fighter x tekken,BF3,and a new COD:MW3 and hoping to pickup a WWE Allstars fight stick that is in "low stock" at a local store.

[quote name='ironmenpb']dead island, borderlands 2 game of the year edition and _____. cant think of another good one .[/QUOTE]

I think you meant Borderlands 1 GOTY edition. ;)

cant check ME 3 stock online....boo.

With 2 days off in a row and my new xbox coming tomorrow, might need me some adult diapers for a FIFA 12 all day session

[quote name='merchie89']cant check ME 3 stock online....boo.

With 2 days off in a row and my new xbox coming tomorrow, might need me some adult diapers for a FIFA 12 all day session[/QUOTE]

I usually just go with a bucket.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']So this will or will not stack with the spring sale prices???[/QUOTE]
Spring Sale prices are for brand new games.
Don't know if pre-owned games have been adjusted with the spring sale prices.

The prices for pre-owned games online are usually an indication of how much it'll be in-store.

I wonder if the B2G1 free will be applicable to online purchases?
>_>

NBA 2k12, MGS HD, and hopefully MK:KE if I can find it since there's no link for Pick up @ store on the website. I'll call around the time they open to try and locate one and save gas in the process :)

My game list for 17.99 would be naughty bear gold edition, trinity: souls of zill o'll, and oblivion goty edition. Possibly swap out one of those for the cursed crusade. Cant go wrong with getting rpg's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back