Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dustdust']I trust peeps on CAG more than Gamestop employees. One time, employees at my local store didn't even know that a B2G1 sale was going on that same day.[/QUOTE]

But what about me? I'm a CAG and a GS employee :whistle2:\"

[quote name='gabolous']I asked my GameStop and they said they didn't know of any buy 2 get 1 coming this week besides the ds one.[/QUOTE]

I will confirm that there is a B2G1 sale starting Wednesday, but I'm not sure on what system(s). I will find out tomorrow night after work. Might be able to find out around noon (PST).

[quote name='maxiell']Pretty sure this is legit. Had a Gamestop manager mention it to me and it's not like I brought it up.

Planning on canceling my Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order (lack of art book killed my dream) and picking up

:ps3:Heavy Rain $20
:ps3:Killzone 3 $25

Can't find a third game around that price. Resistance 3 pre-owned is an insane $35. I need a good DS rpg, so maybe I'll just see what they have.[/QUOTE]

i'd get xenoblade. that game might be getting a limited print and therefore be an arm and a leg later.

[quote name='kayne2000']i'd get xenoblade. that game might be getting a limited print and therefore be an arm and a leg later.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you make a good point. Supposedly it's going to be on Wii-U, but you never know.

[quote name='maxiell']Hmm, you make a good point. Supposedly it's going to be on Wii-U, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

wii-u plays wii games if thats what you mean but ive heard nothing of a wii-u print???

[quote name='winterlane']GS is no longer showing it on the website, so I'm guessing they have run out based on the number of preorders they have already taken.[/QUOTE]

Did you pre order before they ran out of art books?

[quote name='icarwngs55']Any chance on a game cube clearance like the n64 one[/QUOTE]

I can safely say that GS is going to have a B2G1 free on Gamecube games. Not sure if this is the same B2G1 that the OP posted. However, I did see plenty of B2G1 advertisements for GC games.

My local GS had a big "B2G1" sign outside their store. Without even asking about it, the manager inside told me she was irritated because their B2G1 is only on DS/PSP games, but they don't have a sign for just those. So a lot of customers are complaining. But - and again, without me pressing the issue - she told me that a true B2G1 is coming on Wednesday. So, yeah, I'm thinking this is legit.

Employees at mine knew about it too, but not the start date. So it definitely is happening. Now just hoping my Neptunia and Amalur transfers come in on time.

xenoblade artbook? does that come with the game for preorders or given out when you preorder? might get this.

as for b2g1, I'll see what's around

can't wait for wednesday... might finally pick up super mario galaxy and zelda twilight princess. hopefully they have the original game and cases. i don't like the nintendo select cases and disks/ Feels like the GH versions for PS3 and Platinum Hits for 360 which are less in value as compared to the original versions!

Went to one of my local GS's today and they already had the B2G1 sale going. I asked if it'll be starting nationwide on Wednesday and he pulled out what looked like a layout document and smirked and said it looks like he started the sale a bit early. He confirmed the Wednesday start and then stated that he would honor the B2G1 today if I wanted anything. Can't wait for Wednesday. Going to buy some games tomorrow night if I can find the ones I want.

[quote name='3mocryz']I can confirm this, the BUY 2 GET 1 FREE IS DS & PSP ONLY!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Have you read the thread at all? The DS and PSP sale is for the Spring Sale, not the weekly sale that starts Wednesday.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Did you pre order before they ran out of art books?[/QUOTE]

I preordered well before the artbook bonus was removed from the website. Supposedly, 3/26 was the cutoff date to get the artbook, but everyone knows how variable the shipments of preorder bonuses to the stores are.

[quote name='SynGamer']Went to one of my local GS's today and they already had the B2G1 sale going. I asked if it'll be starting nationwide on Wednesday and he pulled out what looked like a layout document and smirked and said it looks like he started the sale a bit early. He confirmed the Wednesday start and then stated that he would honor the B2G1 today if I wanted anything. [/QUOTE]

Alright, convinced this is real now. So without further ado...

2005849-fe2dc_ORIG-my_body_is_ready.jpg

I just bought KOF 13 and Soul Calibur V used copy for PS3 today. Do you guys think they will let me return and rebuy this two games with a free game if I go there wednesday?

[quote name='kooliokool']I can safely say that GS is going to have a B2G1 free on Gamecube games. Not sure if this is the same B2G1 that the OP posted. However, I did see plenty of B2G1 advertisements for GC games.[/QUOTE]

Decided to call my GS and see if they knew when the GC B2G1 free started. He said he didn't know anything about it (even though I just saw the advertisements in 2 different GS today). However, he did say there was a B2G1 free starting later this week for PUR members.

[quote name='sjc1279']I just bought KOF 13 and Soul Calibur V used copy for PS3 today. Do you guys think they will let me return and rebuy this two games with a free game if I go there wednesday?[/QUOTE]
yeah, you can return used games for a full refund within 7 days.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Alright, convinced this is real now. So without further ado...

2005849-fe2dc_ORIG-my_body_is_ready.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't get this meme. Can someone enlighten me

I was just in the Madison westside GameStop this afternoon and they had already started the B2G1 sale, but it is only for DS, PSP, and GameCube. Picked up Persona 2 :psp:, Knights in the Nightmare :psp:, Devil Survivor 2 :ds:, Ikaruga :gc:, Zelda Ocarina of Time :gc:, and Zelda WindWaker :gc: all complete as part of the deal.

I forgot this was going on and bought Borderlands GOTY today. Eh, I guess I'll go back Wednesday and see if I can find 2 more cheap games.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I forgot this was going on and bought Borderlands GOTY today. Eh, I guess I'll go back Wednesday and see if I can find 2 more cheap games.[/QUOTE]

Does the GOTY Borderlands has DLC on disc? I can access the DLC if I buy a used one?

[quote name='jonathanp']Does the GOTY Borderlands has DLC on disc? I can access the DLC if I buy a used one?[/QUOTE]

For :360: there's a version with DLC vouchers and a version with it on the disc, so just be sure of what you're buying.

If this is true... I was thinking about returning my White Knight Chronicles 2 (assuming the used price gets reduced under the spring sale price), but was wondering if the online pass would be printed on the receipt if bought used?

gamestop is no longer accepting trades for gamecube games and accessories, so i imagine a sale on those is coming for sure

[quote name='KtMack23']This will work on pre owned accessories right?[/QUOTE]

Most of the B2G1 sales do include accessories, so I would assume so.

[quote name='weeman43302']Most of the B2G1 sales do include accessories, so I would assume so.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping so, I could use some new (to me) Wii remotes!

[quote name='KtMack23']Ya I need a classic controller for Xenoblade lol[/QUOTE]

Remember to check TRU for their $10 Goldeneye game w/ classic controller :)

[quote name='chuckywang']Does anybody know why I can't check in-store stock for Fifa Street preowned online?[/QUOTE]

Its like that for all the new sales for the week. I think a couple people have said its done on purpose.

[quote name='KtMack23']This will work on pre owned accessories right?[/QUOTE]

Actually works on pre-owned systems as well, but it can not be the free item.

[quote name='sasukekun']Actually works on pre-owned systems as well, but it can not be the free item.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, really? I never knew that. Might have to get a pre-owned PSP and some games then.

[quote name='weeman43302']Oh snap, really? I never knew that. Might have to get a pre-owned PSP and some games then.[/QUOTE]

Ya, so if you bought a pre-owned PSP system, and 2 pre-owned games, you'd get a free game (whichever is the cheapest).

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If any other games are missing a store checker, let me know and I will find their SKU and make a link.[/QUOTE]

If you could find Gears of War 3 and Battlefield 3 that would be awesome. Its hard enough browsing in online in my ipod, having to mess around with everything would be too complicated.

I just got a new TV and would like to have the best looking games on the 360 to show off. I have about $120.00 in credit, come Wednesday all that will be used.

[quote name='sasukekun']But what about me? I'm a CAG and a GS employee :whistle2:\"

I will confirm that there is a B2G1 sale starting Wednesday, but I'm not sure on what system(s). I will find out tomorrow night after work. Might be able to find out around noon (PST).[/QUOTE]
So...can you confirm or deny anything yet?

[quote name='klimb22']So...can you confirm or deny anything yet?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, it's just DS/PSP games. I'm opening tomorrow with the SM, so I'll ask then to see if it covers any other systems.

When people are saying Gamestop adjusts used prices, I assume they mean based off of new games that have dropped so the used price drops as well. Because other than that my experience with Gamestop and B2G1 has always been they jack up the prices of used games because of the sale, so I usually don't get anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back