Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm in for AC: revelations for $20. almost got it at target for $30 yesterday. buy 2 get 1.. not so much, maybe if their used games were $10-15 less than a new copy instead of $5 maybe i'd be more inclined to buy games from there. lol half the time the Amazon new price is cheaper than their used price

[quote name='mightymek']Picked up my Metal Gear Solid HD PS3 during my lunch break. It looked brand new. Very happy about that. I was going to get Splinter Cell HD too, but I bought it at Newegg for $16 new instead. So I picked up a couple random games to flip, since all I wanted to MGSHD. Now I need to find 200 hours to play all of the MGS games...[/QUOTE]

You'll need 200 hours just to watch the cutscenes. ;)

[quote name='rapturestar']Was going to get the CoD MW3 preowned for the B2G1. Found out that the price would be about $55. Instead I went for the spring break deal on it, and brought 9 other games. :)[/QUOTE]

Are you saying MW3 used was $55 by itself? It shows $37.99 on the website.

[quote name='rapturestar']Was going to get the CoD MW3 preowned for the B2G1. Found out that the price would be about $55. Instead I went for the spring break deal on it, and brought 9 other games. :)[/QUOTE]

unless gamestop suddenly changed the way their sales work you just pissed away some money. Should stack fine.

I was able to get 3 MW3's for 74.02 after PUR. Kept 1, traded two (Xbox/PS3) to BBY for 77.xx in credit with a pre order. Your GS might not have changed the labels on the MW3?

I'm still undecided on what I want to couple with my Mario Party 9. Choices are:

- NBA 2K12
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Devil May Cry HD Collection (although very unlikely I'll find it)
- Kingdoms of Amalur

[quote name='Tsel']I'm still undecided on what I want to couple with my Mario Party 9.[/QUOTE]
the HD collections. especially MGS

general question:
should I expect the used price for Ass. Creed Rev. to drop below $20 eventually due to the sale? or is there no chance this will happen?

[quote name='gospelman']the HD collections. especially MGS

general question:
should I expect the used price for Ass. Creed Rev. to drop below $20 eventually due to the sale? or is there no chance this will happen?[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been thinking, but I'm afraid they'll go into the backlog for quite a while and I've had a really strong urge to play NBA 2K12.

[quote name='gospelman']general question:
should I expect the used price for Ass. Creed Rev. to drop below $20 eventually due to the sale? or is there no chance this will happen?[/QUOTE]

It won't happen. They decided to only have a sale on new copies of the game.

[quote name='Tsel']That's what I've been thinking, but I'm afraid they'll go into the backlog for quite a while and I've had a really strong urge to play NBA 2K12.[/QUOTE]

good list there, honestly though if you like NBA games, 2k12 you will not be disappointed. Its the most replayable sports game ive had.

try for DMC too though :)

[quote name='merchie89']good list there, honestly though if you like NBA games, 2k12 you will not be disappointed. Its the most replayable sports game ive had.

try for DMC too though :)[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely gonna look for DMC. Is 2K12 a big improvement over 2K11? I feel like if I really wanted to play a basketball game, I could just play that if it's not much of a difference.

Ugh I wanted to pick up Gears of War 3 but my GS doesn't follow online pricing so they were trying to sell it for 37.99 (34.99 for PUR Pro) instead of the online 27.99 price.

I would order online but shipping makes me go over my current GS credit limit and not really keen on paying out of pocket to cover shipping.

didn't know you could trade in an ipod nano. I'll trade my sisters in (that she gave me, it's pink!) and add some monies to my $27 arkham city credit. what if i don't have the charger?

[quote name='Tsel']I'm definitely gonna look for DMC. Is 2K12 a big improvement over 2K11? I feel like if I really wanted to play a basketball game, I could just play that if it's not much of a difference.[/QUOTE]

well if you have 2k11, id just stick with that. but if you dont and are going to buy one get 2k12. The legends mode is kinda cool, my player is a little harder which is good (i was like a 90 after first season in 2k11, and an 80 in 2k12) more polished game

and im going out for a second round of games this evening. Found the only DMC HD in the omaha area and have it reserved. Wanted to get a Jak and MGS collection as well but those arent anywhere nearby

yeah i noticed that when i went to get 2 mw3's. gears rang up as 34.99, i was upset at first but realized it was the same price as mw3 so it was thankfully still free.

[quote name='iduncurr']Ugh I wanted to pick up Gears of War 3 but my GS doesn't follow online pricing so they were trying to sell it for 37.99 (34.99 for PUR Pro) instead of the online 27.99 price.

I would order online but shipping makes me go over my current GS credit limit and not really keen on paying out of pocket to cover shipping.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iduncurr']Ugh I wanted to pick up Gears of War 3 but my GS doesn't follow online pricing so they were trying to sell it for 37.99 (34.99 for PUR Pro) instead of the online 27.99 price.

I would order online but shipping makes me go over my current GS credit limit and not really keen on paying out of pocket to cover shipping.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure all Gamestops in store have exact same prices on games. It is all computer based. If a price is different online, it is just an online special. No store would have it.

Could be wrong though.

[quote name='Linkgx1']didn't know you could trade in an ipod nano. I'll trade my sisters in (that she gave me, it's pink!) and add some monies to my $27 arkham city credit. what if i don't have the charger?[/QUOTE]

I traded in my iPod video a few weeks back, and they didn't take anything else besides the iPod itself.

Traded in a iPod Nano 5g 8GB today, got $60 for it, supposed to be $50 but the receipt listed some kind of $10 promo, only had to have the iPod itself, the girl just took the screen protector off, didn't even check to see if it worked

how do i search for use available games by area if the pre-owned button is disable.

Looking for Kingdom of Armalur and SSX both used for ps3.

[quote name='Daring']how do i search for use available games by area if the pre-owned button is disable.

Looking for Kingdom of Armalur and SSX both used for ps3.[/QUOTE]

think those have links in a previous page of the thread, or download the Gamestop phone app, it lets you check the availability of them all

[quote name='LongshotJohnson']adding two ipod shuffles and then adding any preowned game will result in you getting the preowned game free regardless of the price[/QUOTE]

what would the point that be? why not just get 3 games?

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']what would the point that be? why not just get 3 games?[/QUOTE]

Is it really that hard to figure out?

Yep. Looks like I'll just order Mario Party 9 on the website. Two iPod Shuffles and Mario Party 9 for $25.98 before tax and shipping.

[quote name='Tsel']Yep. Looks like I'll just order Mario Party 9 on the website. Two iPod Shuffles and Mario Party 9 for $25.98 before tax and shipping.[/QUOTE]

but tax and shipping raises it to like 39, and for an extra like 20 you could get 2 more games...

[quote name='merchie89']but tax and shipping raises it to like 39, and for an extra like 20 you could get 2 more games...[/QUOTE]

Total comes out to $34.

I was able to get the following 3 games for $35, plus I found a copy of AC Rev SE for PS3 for $20.

:360: El Shaddai
:360: Dead Island
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2

[quote name='merchie89']ok decision: keep kingdoms of amalur and buy another b2g1 with DMC HD, or just return KOA and get DMC.

very undecided[/QUOTE]
KoA is fucking AWESOME!

[quote name='fortunado']I was able to get the following 3 games for $35, plus I found a copy of AC Rev SE for PS3 for $20.

:360: El Shaddai
:360: Dead Island
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2[/QUOTE]

Save that receipt. I think you're going to be disappointed in El Shaddai and WKC2. Dead Island is worth that price alone, though.

question on coupons: can I use a $20 off a pre owned coupon, saw pages ago it was yes.

but would it still be a good deal?

like would it be: $35 game (-20 coupon) and 2x $15 games would =$30?

[quote name='merchie89']question on coupons: can I use a $20 off a pre owned coupon, saw pages ago it was yes.

but would it still be a good deal?

like would it be: $35 game (-20 coupon) and 2x $15 games would =$30?[/QUOTE]

It's my understanding from the previous posts is that the coupon will automatically apply to the cheapest game. So one of the $15 games would come off and you'd be wasting $5.

In the B2G1F scenario, the coupon would get applied to the free (i.e. third) game therefore, negating any coupon benefit.

Went in to GS looking for some cheap thrills, and then I saw Tales of Graces F used. For my wallet, it was downhill from there.
Tales of Graces
Asura's Wrath
KOA

[quote name='Linkgx1']Wondering if 3DS gamws are worth buying used.[/QUOTE]

Besides Mercenaries, why wouldn't they be?

some games won't work, other games will, try a common used game, like black ops for ps3, if it works, it means the problem is with the game you are trying to buy
could probably place the order over the phone or email gs csr to get the b2g1 discount

[quote name='mrclutch']I can't get the b2g1 to work online even after i put in my pur number. Anybody else having this problem.[/QUOTE]

again make sure you're putting the right numbers in, the bottom numbers on your card don't do it, its the smaller numbers on top, happened to me and people on previous pages

Picked up SSX, Mario Party 9 and Kinect Star Wars (bought it new yesterday, but did not open it). Not sure about keeping SSX or swapping it for another game. Excited to get Kinect Star Wars despite the reviews. The manager at the store bought The Star Wars bundle and traded the game in. He was also nice enough to hold it for me. Now to return my copy for a refund.

Picked up:
MLB The Show 12
Skyrim
LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition

Amazingly enough The Show was a copy from Wal-Mart that came with 7k Dynasty points and the code hadn't been used. I was betting everything that it had. Also, Skyrim came with that cool map.

picked up:

Dead island (special edition case, don't think its any different then the regular though)
grand theft auto complete
lord of the rings: war in the north

all for xbox, all for $34.xx after discounts/tax. a little more then $11 per game, so not too bad.

Picked up Pokemon Plat. for my fiancee and got Catherine and Darksiders for me. Not bad. Catherine was marked down to $27.99 used. I was going to wait for it to drop for $20 but oh well. I didn't see anything else in the $20ish price range. The girl at the counter was SUPER excited to sell me Catherine.

Thanks. And how much is Skyrim (ps3)? Website says $44.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
My store considers gamestop.com as a separate identity and doesn't adhere to online prices.

My GS has a scanner, so you can check store prices which may or may not match online prices.

Halo Reach rang up as 29.99 (26.99 PUR) in-store but online prices are 34.99.
Although Gears of War 3 rings up 37.99 (34.99 PUR) instead of 27.99 online. So it's kind of a double edge sword.
Prices may be higher or lower then what's listed online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back