Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xskaxninjax']I found a Metroid Prime Trilogy at one of my local Gamestops yesterday. I bought it, just because I would kick myself if I didn't.

Now, to find two more $70 games to pair with it in a return-rebuy... ;)[/QUOTE]

You know bestbuy has the trilogy used for 29.99 if you can find one. Its even better as the april mag has a coupon for 10$ off any used game 29.99 or more. I would never pay 70 or more bucks for a game even if its not easy to find

[quote name='strait edge follower']You know bestbuy has the trilogy used for 29.99 if you can find one. Its even better as the april mag has a coupon for 10$ off any used game 29.99 or more. I would never pay 70 or more bucks for a game even if its not easy to find[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Now, to find two more $70 games to pair with it in a return-rebuy... ;)[/QUOTE]

I would get two mlb2k12/nba2k12 combo packs and sell off the games individually. It's a lot of hassle but you could probably get close to what you paid for all 3 items

I finally caved and listed my sealed Trilogy CE on ebay this week. Needing to declutter.

[quote name='Jagster']I'm considering picking up Hot Shot Golf World invitational for the Vita today and two other Vita games. My one concern is the online pass. I've heard that some games a online pass will print on the GS receipt. Has anyone purchased Hot Shot Golf to know if this is one of the games that gives you an online pass? What I'm considering doing is taking my 3g Vita to the store and go to the PS store and enter the online pass that is in the used game. If it works I'll buy the game. If not I would need to still purchase it to see if an online codes is provided on the receipt (doubtful). Can always return it right there to the store if there is no online code.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a used Hot Shots for the Vita yesterday at Gamestop and I did receive the online pass on my receipt.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You know bestbuy has the trilogy used for 29.99 if you can find one. Its even better as the april mag has a coupon for 10$ off any used game 29.99 or more. I would never pay 70 or more bucks for a game even if its not easy to find[/QUOTE]

Seeing those occasionally at Gamestop makes me thankful that I found one when they were selling them for $45 used a couple years back.

My haul so far has been: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Catherine (They had a "new" copy but didn't care about the CD/art book so bought it used for B2G1) Prince Of Persia: Trilogy HD Lego Star Wars III Lego Indiana Jones II Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 White Knight Chronicles II Having a hard time finding a used copy of Just Cause 2. CSR said they got 2 in Monday and they were both gone by Wednesday morning.

Went to my other Gamestop and grabbed

-Sonic Generations
-Tetris Evolution
-NCIS(another game for the wife)

Then some cheapo games
-The Club
-Beowulf
-GH: Aerosmith

Asked if two transactions was cool and he said yes, but tried to tell me it would still take 2 off if I was doing the B2G1, and I was like yeah but it's gonna take off the 2 lowest games which of course were like $3 and $4, and he was just like, "True"

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Went to my other Gamestop and grabbed

-Sonic Generations
-Tetris Evolution
-NCIS(another game for the wife)

Then some cheapo games
-The Club
-Beowulf
-GH: Aerosmith

Asked if two transactions was cool and he said yes, but tried to tell me it would still take 2 off if I was doing the B2G1, and I was like yeah but it's gonna take off the 2 lowest games which of course were like $3 and $4, and he was just like, "True"[/QUOTE]

As a business Gamestop might suck at times, but their computers are quite solid. You could buy 12 games and their system will give you the 3rd most expensive game free, then the 6th, then the 9th, and finally the cheapest. The only time you need to ever do multiple transactions is when combining multiple promos as those do not stack and the computer will choose the best of the set.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']As a business Gamestop might suck at times, but their computers are quite solid. You could buy 12 games and their system will give you the 3rd most expensive game free, then the 6th, then the 9th, and finally the cheapest. The only time you need to ever do multiple transactions is when combining multiple promos as those do not stack and the computer will choose the best of the set.[/QUOTE]

not true, not only would that not make sense on Gamestop's business end, (you're saying Gamestop is going to choose to give you a $54.99 free over a $4.99, don't think so)

Plus, just tried it online, doesn't work, knocks off the two cheapest games

Unspoken your wrong their computers are pretty good where you would not have to do multiple transactions say you bought 3 games at 49.99 and 3 at 9.99 it would make one 49.99 game free and one 9.99 game free. I know because I've tried it at my local GameStop and it worked and it's how all stores computers work. You can't base it off what you did online because that can be different.

[quote name='TwistedOwnz']Unspoken your wrong their computers are pretty good where you would not have to do multiple transactions say you bought 3 games at 49.99 and 3 at 9.99 it would make one 49.99 game free and one 9.99 game free. I know because I've tried it at my local GameStop and it worked and it's how all stores computers work. You can't base it off what you did online because that can be different.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

With 100% certainty, gamestop's computers do "smart arranging" of b2g1 free. Obviously you can't buy two 3 dollar games and get a 50 dollar game free, but if you buy three fifty dollar games and a 4 dollar game, one of the 50 dollar games will be free, etc.

If they didn't do it this way, everyone would do what you did and ring up every group of 3 as a separate transaction, so, logically, its actually more of a benefit for gamestop to do it this way to save themselves the hassle, and the HUGE waste of time.

[quote name='TwistedOwnz']Unspoken your wrong their computers are pretty good where you would not have to do multiple transactions say you bought 3 games at 49.99 and 3 at 9.99 it would make one 49.99 game free and one 9.99 game free. I know because I've tried it at my local GameStop and it worked and it's how all stores computers work. You can't base it off what you did online because that can be different.[/QUOTE]

not going to argue, if you're right you're right, I just highly doubt that's the case, again it makes no sense if that's the case, Gamestop would be allow themselves to lose money, plus that wouldn't be buying 3, get the lowest one free, why would the computer group them separately?

I thank the employee that checked you out must have done it for you manually

[quote name='savagepastry']Yes.

With 100% certainty, gamestop's computers do "smart arranging" of b2g1 free. Obviously you can't buy two 3 dollar games and get a 50 dollar game free, but if you buy three fifty dollar games and a 4 dollar game, one of the 50 dollar games will be free, etc.

If they didn't do it this way, everyone would do what you did and ring up every group of 3 as a separate transaction, so, logically, its actually more of a benefit for gamestop to do it this way to save themselves the hassle, and the HUGE waste of time.[/QUOTE]

so why wouldn't it do this online then?

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']not going to argue, if you're right you're right, I just highly doubt that's the case, again it makes no sense if that's the case, Gamestop would be allow themselves to lose money, plus that wouldn't be buying 3, get the lowest one free, why would the computer group them separately?

I thank the employee that checked you out must have done it for you manually[/QUOTE]

He's right.

What they're saying isn't that they take the highest price off, it's that it's smart enough not to take the two lowest games off.

For example, let's say you hand the cashier a stack of six games in this order.
$40
$40
$20 **
$30
$30
$25 **

Other retailers would give you the $20 and the $25 one free because it's the third in each set. Gamestop will give you the $30 and $20 one off.

No one is claiming you get the higher priced game free. That is never going to happen (outside a glitch). They're saying the GS computers will arrange it into two groups
$40/$40/$30 (giving you $30 free)
$30/$25/$20 (giving you the 20 free)

[quote name='confoosious']He's right.

What they're saying isn't that they take the highest price off, it's that it's smart enough not to take the two lowest games off.

For example
$40
$40
$20
$30
$30
$25

Other retailers would give you the $20 and the $25 one free because it's the third in each set. Gamestop will give you the $30 and $20 one off.

No one is claiming you get the higher priced game free. That is never going to happen (outside a glitch). They're saying the GS computers will arrange it into two groups
$40/$40/$30 (giving you $30 free)
$30/$25/$20 (giving you the 20 free)[/QUOTE]

yeah, and I'm saying it's going to arrange it into groups making you get the cheapest games for free, out of everything gamestop does to rip off it's customers, you're saying they're going to be generous enough to let you get something worth more for free?

If it would have done a 'smart' grouping online I would have agreed with you, but since it didn't, I have no reason to believe it would have worked any different, plus the dude working there said it would have done the same thing

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']yeah, and I'm saying it's going to arrange it into groups making you get the cheapest games for free, out of everything gamestop does to rip off it's customers, you're saying they're going to be generous enough to let you get something worth more for free?[/QUOTE]

:roll:

fine, don't believe it. I don't give a rat's ass. we're just telling you how the GS computers work.

[quote name='confoosious']:roll:

fine, don't believe it. I don't give a rat's ass. we're just telling you how the GS computers work.[/QUOTE]

you work for Gamestop?

[quote name='Jagster']I'm considering picking up Hot Shot Golf World invitational for the Vita today and two other Vita games. My one concern is the online pass. I've heard that some games a online pass will print on the GS receipt. Has anyone purchased Hot Shot Golf to know if this is one of the games that gives you an online pass? What I'm considering doing is taking my 3g Vita to the store and go to the PS store and enter the online pass that is in the used game. If it works I'll buy the game. If not I would need to still purchase it to see if an online codes is provided on the receipt (doubtful). Can always return it right there to the store if there is no online code.[/QUOTE]

I believe any used Vita game(s), GS will give you a online pass printed on your receipt. The only exception is to if they were priced differently ($10 less on preowned than usual). That's why games like Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 are $10 cheaper ($40-45) instead of $50-55) before PUR Pro card.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']you work for Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I do. I can find out today how it rings up the free games in a stack like that. Usually whenever I ring the games, I do seperate transactions for people so they can maximize their savings.

[quote name='sasukekun']

I do. I can find out today how it rings up the free games in a stack like that. Usually whenever I ring the games, I do seperate transactions for people so they can maximize their savings.[/QUOTE]

I've always been given the best deal at GS. like when you have one of those trade 3 get $10 running concurrently with another bonus, the computer always gives you the best deal.

Looking forward to your test.

Just to chime in, the online system has worked that way for quite some time. As far back as i can remember, it is always wise to make separate orders for when doing B2G1 online. Perhaps it was us stacking multiple coupons over the years that made the system this way lol

See, the guy that works there says he does different transactions for the people, hope to hear about the test as well, personally I hope it works so that I'll know for next time

[quote name='TheLongshot']Seeing those occasionally at Gamestop makes me thankful that I found one when they were selling them for $45 used a couple years back.[/QUOTE]

I'm kicking myself for opening up mine when I bought it day 1. Man, I miss the Amazon 10% off codes EFF used to have....

[quote name='TheLongshot']Seeing those occasionally at Gamestop makes me thankful that I found one when they were selling them for $45 used a couple years back.[/QUOTE]

I almost passed on MP trilogy a couple of years back, mint case and slip cover with the artwork included. It sat on the shelf for a week before I got it, was only $17.99 and I got it with a B2G1 sale. So glad it waited for me, now I just need to get it off of my backlog.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']If it would have done a 'smart' grouping online I would have agreed with you, but since it didn't, I have no reason to believe it would have worked any different, plus the dude working there said it would have done the same thing[/QUOTE]

Dear genius,

Many people have tried to explain how it works to you. You are more than welcome to insist that 2+2 = 5, the sky is purple, etc, as long as you like. I understand that some people prefer to believe their own version of reality, and nothing anyone ever says to them, regardless of logic or fact, will change that perception.

I honestly have not purchased online in a long time, so I do not have any idea if the "smart" groupings occur online. If you tried it and it did not, then, logically, I would assume that it does not.

I can, as previously mentioned, state, with 100% certainty, after having purchased 100's of b2g1 free games from gamestop over the past few years, that everything that has been said to the contrary of your belief is true.

Any employee who may have told you otherwise is ignorant of his own store's policy/system. I realize that is hard to believe as it has never been known to happen (sarcasm), but it is the truth.

Still, as previously stated, you are free to believe what you like. We are all gamestop employees, out to get you and every unwary consumer! All hail our mighty lord and savior, Gamestop!

Sincerely,

-the undersigned.

In the many years and many b2g1 transactions I've had at Gamestop, I can confirm with 100% certainty the order ALWAYS automatically totals the best pairings for the free games. Sorry Unspoken, your argument of "Gamestop making themselves lose money" is completely inaccurate. I've never done it online, but in store, it works exactly as everyone else in this thread is saying.

Furthermore, it's not that Gamestop is "letting" you get something worth more for free, or "making themselves lose money", it's simply how the promo works. They advertise it, the computers recognize it. If they didn't, they could get in some serious trouble.

It was Best Buy's system who I was worried about, but theirs actually surprised me when they worked correctly also in last week's B2G1 preowned as well (even used an @gamer coupon in the same transaction).

Nevertheless, yeah... I'm probably going to return-rebuy MP Trilogy with a couple other games just to sell them off to make some of the credit back.

[quote name='confoosious']I've always been given the best deal at GS. like when you have one of those trade 3 get $10 running concurrently with another bonus, the computer always gives you the best deal.

Looking forward to your test.[/QUOTE]

I've actually see that happen. Were someone traded in 6 games, but they were just slightly over $2 TiV and it gave them the Trade 3/+$10 bonus rather than the 50% bonus because the better deal was the Trade 3/+$10 on the 6 games.

The Club
Too Human
Shadowrun
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Warhawk

Seemed like a good time to stock up on some $5 games (after tax and shipping and the b2g1, comes out to less than $4 a game).

[quote name='HydroX']Anyone have the sku for either platform of Mass Effect 3?[/QUOTE]

For anyone looking for sku numbers, you can find them on the source code for the page of the item you want.

For example, go to Mass Effect 3's info page and right click and go to page source. Then use ctrl+f (or whatever your browser's find option is) and type in the letters s k u. The 6 digit number that starts with a 9 is the used sku.

I got a nice deal today !

umvc3 vita
Ass creed: brotherhood (for my father :))
Batman arkham city (this I got for free)
Total = 56.68

I then flipped batman back for 20.90 so I got the other two games for 35.78. Getting both games for 17.89 each is pretty sweet (especially umvc3). I think I made out good :)

[quote name='BattlehunterAlex']For anyone looking for sku numbers, you can find them on the source code for the page of the item you want.

For example, go to Mass Effect 3's info page and right click and go to page source. Then use ctrl+f (or whatever your browser's find option is) and type in the letters s k u. The 6 digit number that starts with a 9 is the used sku.[/QUOTE]

:360: ME3 SKU# 952968
:ps3: ME3 SKU# 930766

Preowned SKUs:
:360: 952xxx
:ps3: 930xxx
:wii: 917xxx
:psp: 935xxx
:ds: 919xxx
Vita 936xxx

When do PUR points for on-line orders show up in your account? Do the games have to ship first, or will they start the process after the order is confirmed? I normally buy in store and it takes 1-2 days, but I placed an on-line order today and I'm really hoping the points hit by Sunday so I can get the steal of the week.

I would really appreciate any information - otherwise I may have to buy some games and then return them later.

Geez, talk about people not being nice, like I said all I was going on was what would make common sense, plus what the employee told me, PLUS me trying the same thing online and it not working.

That's like me having 3 reasons to believe the sky is blue but instead I'm supposed to go on your word of it being green.

Like I even said if you're right that's great but from my experiences thus far, until I personally try it I haven't had a reason to believe otherwise

Actually common sense would mean that the transactions ring up the way we say it does. Because otherwise, every 6 game purchase would have to be rung up as 2 transactions and every transaction costs money, whether in employee time or credit card fees, etc.

Unfortunately, you have a view of the world where Gamestop is out to rip you off and so you proceeded to argue with everyone just because you wanted a version of reality where gamestop never does anything right.

You also seem to think that the logic built into an ecommerce website has to be EXACTLY the same as the logic built into a POS system. Clearly this is not the case.

Everyone makes a mistake now and then about how things work based on bad information or misunderstanding. However, everyone is "not nice" to you because you refuse to listen and just became more argumentative.

(Now watch sasukekun tell us we're all wrong. :lol: )

My 3 games:

Dead Island (360)
Just Cause 2 (PS3)
Prototype (360)

Came out to be around $36. Now they'll just collect dust in my backlog. :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']Actually common sense would mean that the transactions ring up the way we say it does. Because otherwise, every 6 game purchase would have to be rung up as 2 transactions and every transaction costs money, whether in employee time or credit card fees, etc.

Unfortunately, you have a view of the world where Gamestop is out to rip you off and so you proceeded to argue with everyone just because you wanted a version of reality where gamestop never does anything right.

You also seem to think that the logic built into an ecommerce website has to be EXACTLY the same as the logic built into a POS system. Clearly this is not the case.

Everyone makes a mistake now and then about how things work based on bad information or misunderstanding. However, everyone is "not nice" to you because you refuse to listen and just became more argumentative.

(Now watch sasukekun tell us we're all wrong. :lol: )[/QUOTE]

Dude, fine your right, god. And now the only thing I care about is that common sense would be to give you the cheapest games for free, don't care what anyone says, from a companies standpoint it would make the most sense to give away the cheapest merchandise for free.

I am done now, this is kind of a stupid argument. Don't even see what it mattered how many transactions I did.

Both Gamestops had the edited version of Catherine, hopefully I'll find the original somewhere and I'll be able to swap them out.

[quote name='jbz']My 3 games:

Dead Island (360)
Just Cause 2 (PS3)
Prototype (360)

Came out to be around $36. Now they'll just collect dust in my backlog. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nice picks, Prototype can get pretty repetitive though, kinda like the 1st Assassin's Creed, keep doing the same stuff over and over. Did you get the regular version of Dead Island or did you find the red cover?

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Anyone else having trouble with the in-store pickup option working?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure that's where it gets disabled for the games that are on sale

[quote name='strait edge follower']I got a nice deal today !

umvc3 vita
Total = 56.68

I then flipped batman back for 20.90 so I got the other two games for 35.78. Getting both games for 17.89 each is pretty sweet (especially umvc3). I think I made out good :)[/QUOTE]

You the man! The UMvC3 was especially a good price.

If I can only find 2 used games at one store I'm buying my games from. Can I just grab another one that is free that I don't really want at that store and return it to a different store for the 3rd game I'm looking for?

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Nice picks, Prototype can get pretty repetitive though, kinda like the 1st Assassin's Creed, keep doing the same stuff over and over. Did you get the regular version of Dead Island or did you find the red cover?[/QUOTE]

They had both, but the Red Cover was only for PS3 and I read the 360 one wasn't as buggy. Should I go back and switch them out?

RE: Prototype, thanks for the heads up. But I figure with the second coming out soon, the price might get a slight bump and I've always wanted to try it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I got a nice deal today !

umvc3 vita
Total = 56.68

I then flipped batman back for 20.90 so I got the other two games for 35.78. Getting both games for 17.89 each is pretty sweet (especially umvc3). I think I made out good :)[/QUOTE]

Or you could have gotten UMVC3; Batman PS3; Batman Xbox. Then flipped both Batman's back to GS with a Prototype 2 pre-order and ended up with a free pre-order and UMVC3 for $10... :whistle2:#

That's what I did for MK Komplete... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back