Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paayter']how are people getting 75 bb credit trade in for mw3 and skyrim, isnt it only 25 each??[/QUOTE]

With the 40% pre-order bonus and 10% gamers club unlocked I'm sure $75 or at least something close to it is possible

Picked up:

:360:
ME3 (with an unredeemed online pass)
Skyrim
New Vegas: Ultimate Edition
Dead Island
Batman: AA GOTY
:ps2:
Mega Man X Collection
+
Signed up for PUR Pro (difference between Pro prices & vanilla prices was more than the $15 it cost to sign up)
-------------------------------
$140.04 - $125 in credit accumulated thanks to CAG = $15.04 out of pocket.

Thanks CAG!

[quote name='DemonsMaster']With the 40% pre-order bonus and 10% gamers club unlocked I'm sure $75 or at least something close to it is possible[/QUOTE]

so u have to preorder correct? can i just preorder max payne 3 and then will i get trade in bonus on all my trade ins or is it only one per game?

[quote name='paayter']so u have to preorder correct? can i just preorder max payne 3 and then will i get trade in bonus on all my trade ins or is it only one per game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, u preorder one game and you will get an extra 40 percent trade in credit for every game you trade in. In my case, i preordered Bioshock infinite with it but the guy forgot to preorder it for me. I only found out at home that i did not have any receipt and my gift card has 75 dollars instead of 70. So i guess i was lucky as i had no intention to actually pick up the pre order.

[quote name='sasuke543']I really want MLB The Show 12 but can't seem to find a good combination to take advantage of the B2G1. I got $28 something credit from GS, anyone have some good options to where I can save as much money I can?[/QUOTE]

I did what plenty of other CAGs are doing.
Get MW3 & Skyrim as your other two. Trade those into BestBuy with the 40%/50% bonus.

I converted my GS credit, into BB, into Amazon, which I consider as good as cash.

what is kind of the success rate of returning and rebuying games for everyone else?

I have two b2g1 purchases that I did and I really want to combine them into just 1...

[quote name='MikeE021286']what is kind of the success rate of returning and rebuying games for everyone else?

I have two b2g1 purchases that I did and I really want to combine them into just 1...[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't have a problem. Just complain and threaten to cancel preorders if they give you a stink about it. You can always just return them and say I'll wait until you put them on the shelf. Most likely you won't have a problem, and they'll do it any way (maybe with a grumble). If I can do a rebuy on a console to get a $100 gift card, you're not going to face too much resistance.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You shouldn't have a problem. Just complain and threaten to cancel preorders if they give you a stink about it. You can always just return them and say I'll wait until you put them on the shelf. Most likely you won't have a problem, and they'll do it any way (maybe with a grumble). If I can do a rebuy on a console to get a $100 gift card, you're not going to face too much resistance.[/QUOTE]
I do this with every b2g1 sale. Most of the time, I have them ship all the games to the store if I know ahead of time for the deal. The GS where I live nearby is pretty good with tracking down all the games for me and having them shipped to their location. I've also purchased different games from different stores and return rebuy them w/out any hassle. I suppose it's YMMV, but it's within your right as long as the game has not fallen out of their 7 day return policy.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus (Wii)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (Wii)
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
The Bouncer (Playstation 2)
Kessen II (Playstation 2)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Playstation 2)
Future Tactics: Uprising (Playstation 2)
Robotech: Battlecry (Playstation 2) x2

Everything for $26. Hitting up the next one tomorrow!

Im going to check for some PS2 games tomorrow. Using the store checker thing online my Gamestop shows some good PS2 games but I never saw them there when I went the other day. I think there in cd sleeves..the PS2 games without the case or manual. I would rather have the case but there usually really cheap and with the buy 2 get 1 free I can hopefully get some good finds and not find a bunch of copies of Madden 2001.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Yes, u preorder one game and you will get an extra 40 percent trade in credit for every game you trade in. In my case, i preordered Bioshock infinite with it but the guy forgot to preorder it for me. I only found out at home that i did not have any receipt and my gift card has 75 dollars instead of 70. So i guess i was lucky as i had no intention to actually pick up the pre order.[/QUOTE]

are you able to return the preorder for the 5 dollars? i know its not "ethical" but would be nice to just have the freedom to spend 75 on anything which bb would still be getting. i preordered max payne 3, on the one hand i wanna keep it because the bonus is good, plus unlocked members get another 20 dollars back, and with best buys 30 day price match guarantee another possible savings of 10-20 bucks depending if the game drops, i know usually rockstar dosent but it could be another bonus.

max payne 3 does look epic tho and that multiplayer looks like uncharted on crack(which is a good thing),,, also i preordered for ps3, do you think itll look better on ps3 or xbox? and is the xbox 2 discs, cuz if it is fuck it because im sick of switching discs. sorry i know so many questions, but answers would be great.

[quote name='paayter']are you able to return the preorder for the 5 dollars? i know its not "ethical" but would be nice to just have the freedom to spend 75 on anything which bb would still be getting. i preordered max payne 3, on the one hand i wanna keep it because the bonus is good, plus unlocked members get another 20 dollars back, and with best buys 30 day price match guarantee another possible savings of 10-20 bucks depending if the game drops, i know usually rockstar dosent but it could be another bonus.

max payne 3 does look epic tho and that multiplayer looks like uncharted on crack(which is a good thing),,, also i preordered for ps3, do you think itll look better on ps3 or xbox? and is the xbox 2 discs, cuz if it is fuck it because im sick of switching discs. sorry i know so many questions, but answers would be great.[/QUOTE]

Yes i believe you can just cancel the preorder and get your 5 bucks back.

[quote name='confoosious']Actually common sense would mean that the transactions ring up the way we say it does. Because otherwise, every 6 game purchase would have to be rung up as 2 transactions and every transaction costs money, whether in employee time or credit card fees, etc.

Unfortunately, you have a view of the world where Gamestop is out to rip you off and so you proceeded to argue with everyone just because you wanted a version of reality where gamestop never does anything right.

You also seem to think that the logic built into an ecommerce website has to be EXACTLY the same as the logic built into a POS system. Clearly this is not the case.

Everyone makes a mistake now and then about how things work based on bad information or misunderstanding. However, everyone is "not nice" to you because you refuse to listen and just became more argumentative.

(Now watch sasukekun tell us we're all wrong. :lol: )[/QUOTE]

Wasn't really able to test it today. No one was buying more than 6 pre-owned titles to where I could try it, and it was too busy to try myself. I'll see I can find time tomorrow.

Ugh, I kind of want to get Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and Saint's Row the Third.
But I don't want to buy ME3 and SR3 used because of online passes. :(
What are the chances there will be a sale on those two sometime this month?

i might have an extra online pass. pm'd

[quote name='iduncurr']Ugh, I kind of want to get Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and Saint's Row the Third.
What are the chances there will be a sale on those two sometime this month?[/QUOTE]

I'm playing my mvc3 vita and these are some things I've noticed with the game

.graphics are amazing on the vita !
.sentinal is broken
.phoenix wright is the funniest fighting game character I've ever used lol
.sentinal is broken
.galactus is extremely cheap
.sentinal is broken

The game is a blast so far for me. I made a weird ass odd couple team of chung lee, sentinal and phoenix wright and I was kicking ass ! I couldn't stop laughing at the sight of phoenix wright owning akuma (who has given me and many others fits in the past in street fighter) lol. If you find this game used get it with this sale :)

i was gonna offer u a free online pass since i have extra, but then i looked thru ur posts -since ur new here- and read in one of ur posts that u printed bb gamer mag coupons to use on this months deals. so i changed my mind. good luck finding one at gs.

[quote name='iduncurr']Ugh, I kind of want to get Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and Saint's Row the Third.
What are the chances there will be a sale on those two sometime this month?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']i was gonna offer u a free online pass since i have extra, but then i looked thru ur posts -since ur new here- and read in one of ur posts that u printed bb gamer mag coupons to use on this months deals. so i changed my mind. good luck finding one at gs.[/QUOTE]

hahaha awesome.

I actually paid the subscription but since there was no magazine in store and I applied late March there was a high chance I wouldn't be sent March issue so I asked if I could and the gamer rep who was handling my trade in said I could. :shrugs:

At least I'm not an asshole who printed the coupons several times more then I was entitled to.

But thanks for letting me know anyways?

from gamestop tiv thread

4-1-12

[quote name='iduncurr']:360: Batman: Arkham City @$18.00
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations @$15.00

Big Bro asked me to get AC:R for him and he only wanted it to play it for the day so I rushed back to to Gamestop before it could close and traded it in so I could get the 50% promo. Ended up getting more then what I paid for weirdly enough.

Mmm, now I have $58.50 for the B2G1 free pre-owned game thing on Wednesday.

That's not bad.[/QUOTE]

4-5-12
[quote name='iduncurr']April 5th, 2012
(PS3) Batman: Arkham City = $19
(360) Batman: Arkham City = $18
(360) Once Upon a Monster = $6.50[/QUOTE]

didn't realize the 1 batman coupon you were entitled to for the 1 mag per month for your subscription entitled you to 3 copies of batman that you traded in.

[quote name='iduncurr']I actually paid the subscription but since there was no magazine in store and I applied late March there was a high chance I wouldn't be sent March issue so I asked if I could and the gamer rep who was handling my trade in said I could. :shrugs:

At least I'm not an asshole
who printed the coupons several times more then I was entitled to.
[/QUOTE]

if you're not an asshole for printing coupons then you are an asshole for being a liar.

I bought the 2 Extra B:AC from Gamestop's B2G1 free...along with Left 4 Dead 2
I'm pretty sure I made a post about it too if you want to look for it.

I have receipts for it too if you want to get all righteous on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
just now saw that. deleted previous post. just know that printing coupons -particularly bb gamer mag ones- is frowned upon here cuz it could potentially fuck all of us since bb wouldn't be getting any revenue from the mag sales. and im not being righteous, just weary of newbs who show up when deals happen and end up doing shady shit. sorry if i came off the wrong way.

[quote name='iduncurr']I bought the 2 Extra B:AC from Gamestop's B2G1 free...along with Left 4 Dead 2
I'm pretty sure I made a post about it too if you want to look for it.

I have receipts for it too if you want to get all righteous on me.[/QUOTE]

I know that and I agree, I honestly wouldn't have printed if they had magazines in stock.

I mean paying $15 to save $75 (so sad there wasn't any Me2 in stock) and the potential to save more in the upcoming months was a no brainer for me. I would have even paid $5 for the magazine itself to rebuy all the games again if there was any available but I think the magazine has been oos for nearly two weeks now for my BB.

makes sense. k, keep doin what ur doin.

[quote name='iduncurr']I know that and I agree, I honestly wouldn't have printed if they had magazines in stock.

I mean paying $15 to save $75 (so sad there wasn't any Me2 in stock) and the potential to save more in the upcoming months was a no brainer for me. I would have even paid $5 for the magazine itself to rebuy all the games again if there was any available but I think the magazine has been oos for nearly two weeks now for my BB.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darrenaw9']Yes, u preorder one game and you will get an extra 40 percent trade in credit for every game you trade in. In my case, i preordered Bioshock infinite with it but the guy forgot to preorder it for me. I only found out at home that i did not have any receipt and my gift card has 75 dollars instead of 70. So i guess i was lucky as i had no intention to actually pick up the pre order.[/QUOTE]

instead of picking up the preorder can i just let my preorder expire and just be out the 5 dollars? i dont really mind losing the 5 bucks as i paid about 23 dollars per games and would come out on top an extra 26 dollars. getting my last copy of mw3 for free, or is bb going to hound me to buy the game?

[quote name='paayter']instead of picking up the preorder can i just let my preorder expire and just be out the 5 dollars? i dont really mind losing the 5 bucks as i paid about 23 dollars per games and would come out on top an extra 26 dollars. getting my last copy of mw3 for free, or is bb going to hound me to buy the game?[/QUOTE]

You can just let the preorder expire. BB won't do anything if you don't pick up the game.

[quote name='iduncurr']I know that and I agree, I honestly wouldn't have printed if they had magazines in stock.

I mean paying $15 to save $75 (so sad there wasn't any Me2 in stock) and the potential to save more in the upcoming months was a no brainer for me. I would have even paid $5 for the magazine itself to rebuy all the games again if there was any available but I think the magazine has been oos for nearly two weeks now for my BB.[/QUOTE]

If ME2 was in stock then there would have been no way to top these epic coupons. Ive used 1-2 coupons per mag if that since being sub last june/july and this month has been 5 (6 if ME2 was in stock)

[quote name='Abeja']If ME2 was in stock then there would have been no way to top these epic coupons. Ive used 1-2 coupons per mag if that since being sub last june/july and this month has been 5 (6 if ME2 was in stock)[/QUOTE]
It's going to be pretty hard to top the B:AC, FFXIII-2, ME2, $10 off pre-owned games $19.99 and up in general.

Unless they decide to give us Skyrim/ME3 coupons. XD

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Well today I bought:
Grand theft Auto 4 Complete
Saboteur
Just Cause 2

all for xbox 360. Paid 45 dollars and change[/QUOTE]

Dude, you overpaid.

[quote name='coopscohen']You can just let the preorder expire. BB won't do anything if you don't pick up the game.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they'll mind "free money" plus it helps the stores ordering system on new games.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Dude, you overpaid.[/QUOTE]
$45 for those three gemes is a good price. Used at amazon they'd cost about $48 plus $4 each shipping.

Went yesterday and traded in ME3, usually keep my old games but kinda strapped for extra money atm. Anyway I picked up LOTR War in the North CE (new) and KOA The Reckoning, The Darkness 2 and Saints Row 3 used for a grand total of $ 100 (after trade in)which was pretty good I thought. But after I got home I realized she had found 3 covers and none had stickers except one with just the sticker on the back, I hate the gamestop stickers with a passion, so that was really cool. Then I tried the codes and I got every online pass as well. Awesome deal, needless to say she got 10's on her survey:applause:

went in with my single copy of mirror's edge I bought on monday to return/rebuy to take advantage of B2G1 (hoping for parappa on PSP or the darkness 1)

didnt find anything i really wanted so said i was going to head (meaning I would keep the single game), but the CSR went ahead and returned the game before i could say anything....surprised me to say the least..ha

i'll prob hit up another GS today/tomorrow to try and score some backlog...will laugh if they dont have Mirror's Edge in stock...(most GS seem to have about 20 copies)

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']went in with my single copy of mirror's edge I bought on monday to return/rebuy to take advantage of B2G1 (hoping for parappa on PSP or the darkness 1)

didnt find anything i really wanted so said i was going to head (meaning I would keep the single game), but the CSR went ahead and returned the game before i could say anything....surprised me to say the least..ha

i'll prob hit up another GS today/tomorrow to try and score some backlog...will laugh if they dont have Mirror's Edge in stock...(most GS seem to have about 20 copies)[/QUOTE]

out of curiosity, i've never heard of this expression, what does it mean/come from?

[quote name='confoosious']out of curiosity, i've never heard of this expression, what does it mean/come from?[/QUOTE]

haha. probably a shortened version of "I am going to head out" (?)

usually comes out as "i'm gonna head, l8r", etc.

and if you're in the navy (or maritime in general), the "head" is something entirely different...something that you "hit" (generally means you're gonna take a piss)...gotta love linguistics...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's exactly what the gaming rep at the one Best Buy here said too. I guess they're having a tough time getting hold of new copies even. Maybe Square-Enix stopped printing it?

All the more reason I'm glad I kept my copy from launch when doing some BB trades a month ago. Although I also kinda wish I kept my copy of Catherine, which I ended up re-buying from GS during the current sale they're having.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I actually found a used copy of Just Cause 2 for Xbox 360 yesterday and had the store hold it for me. I went to pick it up and took the rest of the games I needed to do a return/rebuy. Of the 3 games, there was one I wasn't too sure I wanted so that was the one I was trading out for Just Cause 2. The guy did the return and then the rebuy and told me I still had $12 and change left and if I wanted to grab another game or put it on my PUR card. I scratched my head and said no just add it to my card. Anyway when he did the return for some reason the register gave me full value for the free game. My original receipt showed the game for free. So I actually got Just Cause 2 ($22.99), Lego Star Wars III ($17.99) and White Knight Chronicles II ($17.99) for $27.99 & $13 in credit. And yes, I know I paid the full $44.36 for all 3 games but somehow received a free $13 in credit to go towards something in the future.

Finally collected all the games I wanted this time around after getting somewhat frustrated that I couldn't find it all in one store.

So got:

Resonance Of Fate
LEGO Star Wars III
LEGO Pirates Of the Carribean

All PS3 for $35. I was able to pay all in trade-in credit (which apparently they don't charge you sales tax for, which I didn't know.)

The funny thing is, I'll be going to another GameStop later to pick up my pre-order of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Finally picked up Oblivion again to play thru the dlc that I've had installed on the hdd for a long time. It had actually been something like 4 & 1/2 yrs since I played the game. Didn't really know what else to get with it so I settled on Rise of the Argonauts & Gun. Not too worried about how terrible the other 2 might be since I was just using credit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back