Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iduncurr']I thought about getting GoW Origins collection too but I decided to pick it up at Best Buy when the $10 off 29.99 and pre-owned games becomes active.
There was a bunch of copies at 34.99 at my BB when I checked in a few days ago (I really hope they haven't all sold by now)[/QUOTE]
FYI: You could've picked it(and the Ico/SOTC collection) up NEW soon after release for $15 by using the one @Gamer coupon in conjunction with a sale they had on it for $29.99.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: You could've picked it(and the Ico/SOTC collection) up NEW soon after release for $15 by using the one @Gamer coupon in conjunction with a sale they had on it for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

great. got a time machine?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']How do you guys get into doing the surveys to get the giftcards?[/QUOTE]
You just go to the site n sign up and they send the invites right to whatever email address you used to sign up for the site. But 9 times outta 10 you'll DQ yourself from the bigger surveys if you're completely and totally honest, as they're looking for a specific target audience for some.

Moreover, some of the sites(SurveySavvy for one) offer piddily rewards for taking 20-30 minutes to do surveys. I think I had one survey from them recently that was 20 minutes and the reward IF fully completed was $1 or $2.

I was also on CashCrate for a while, but I forgot my damn log-in info and for some reason they wouldn't let me get my own info by entering the sign in email that I think I used.:roll: That site was nice though since it automatically mailed you out a check(or sent $$$ to Paypal I think) once you reached a specific plateau. I used to make around $20-100 a month extra just by doing those surveys on there.

But as botticus said it IS invite only for e-Rewards for some reason.:whistle2:#

It takes a lot of surveys to rack up $75 (eRewards $ are not actual $) for a $25 gift card. It's not really worth the time, but hey.

Hit up the next GameStop today and got:

Soul Calibur V (360)
Borderlands: GOTY Edition (360)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)
Metal Saga (PS2)
The Bouncer (PS2) x2
R-Type: Final (PS2) x2
Shadow of Destiny (PS2)
Giants: Citizens Kabuto (PS2)
Kessen (PS2)
Stretch Panic (PS2)

Here's the strange thing; all of it was going to cost about about $73. The girl starts ringing up the games in four separate transactions for some reason, and after the first one, she realizes she forgot to ask if I wanted to upgrade my PUR card since it would only end up costing me like $8 after the savings. I'm like, alright, and she gets to giving me a refund on the first big purchase (SCV, BL: GOTY, and ToS). The refund comes out to $11 when it should have only been like $6, so she realizes that says that she won't refund the second transaction ($6) since she thinks the first refund messed up and gave me too much back.

After finally completing the checkout, somehow I only paid $60. The games should have cost me $73, but after the PUR card they would only cost like $66. But a PUR card costs $15. Therefore I should have paid about $81, and I only paid $60.

So either she forgot to charge me for the card, or my brain has turned to jelly and I'm confused. Probably both, but I'm pretty stoked.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Combo 1
Game 1: MLB 12 - kept
Game 2: Saints Row the Third (360)- traded into Amazon for $38
Game 3: Saints Row the Third (360) - traded into Amazon for $38

Combo 2
Game 1: Devil May Cry HD (360)- kept
Game 2: CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50
Game 3: CoD MW3 (PS3)- traded into Best Buy for $37.50

Combo 3
Game 1: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - kept
Game 3: Skyrim (PS3) - traded into Best Buy for $37.50

Combo 4
Game 1: Battlefield 3 LE - kept
Game 2: Mass Effect 3 (360)- traded into Amazon for $38.50
Game 3: Skyrim (PS3) - traded into Amazon for $35.20

Totals
Gross Spend: $341.27
Best Buy gift cards received: $150
Amazon gift cards received: $149.70

Net Spend: $41.57:applause::applause: :D[/QUOTE]

does anyone know the prices ;)?

Big fat Kudos to Gamestop. I got Arkham City with this sale(there's no Best Buy anywhere near here...) and they sent me a Catwoman DLC code via e-mail, and I didn't even ask for one!

I have to say, this is some +rep to them, for me. Unexpected and greatly appreciated. Now as long as the games work 100%, I'll be happy!

Combo 2

Combo 3

Combo 4

Totals

OK. I guess I have to be the one to ask this, but......cash or credit? That being, did you use cash or credit to buy all of those games to trade in?

If credit, awesome deal. If cash.....eh not so much.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. I guess I have to be the one to ask this, but......cash or credit? That being, did you use cash or credit to buy all of those games to trade in?

If credit, awesome deal. If cash.....eh not so much.[/QUOTE]

$90 of it was credit.

I view many gift cards as cash equivalents (I know not all do, as it's your own preference/accounting style with how you determine that)

Combo 2

Combo 3

Combo 4

Totals

Why are your trade in prices so much higher than what Amazon is offering? Congrats, either way, I guess. XD

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Why are your trade in prices so much higher than what Amazon is offering? Congrats, either way, I guess. XD[/QUOTE]

I had locked in prices before the sale started on Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and Saints Row the Third

Eh. That's not too bad then. But you're right, I never view gift cards as cash unless there's some way for me to cash them out for 90-95% of value without much of a hassle.

[quote name='klimb22']Yes. Surveys are different lengths and pay different amounts. The $ value can be used to buy gift cards, coupons, etc. For me the only "reward" that is worth it is $50 for a $25 GS GC, but they limit you to 1 GS GC per calendar quarter. That is e-rewards. There are other survey sites like Opinion Place and SurveySpree that cash out to PayPal, Amazon, etc.[/QUOTE]

I believe there's a forum topic specifically related to e-rewards. I've been doing surveys on and off for several years, but I only get the GS cards because the other rewards are dumb.

Look for the forum topic for more info.

I traded in several games during the 50% extra trade-in time and wound up with $60+ in trade-in credit.
Here's what I picked up:

Combo 1:

How to Train Your Dragon :360:
Bulletstorm :360:
Dragon Age Origins :360:

Combo 2:
Pinkalicious :ds:
Bayonetta :360:
Disney's Stitch Jam :ds:

Just as explanation, I have a 5 and 6 year-old who just got a DS not to long ago. I'm guessing it's probably the first transaction ever at Gamestop to include Bulletstorm, Bayonetta and Pickalicious on the same ticket.

I spent a total of $3 and that was including me renewing my Power-up Rewards, which I always hesitate to do, but then wind up doing it anyways.

If I exchange one of the games I bought on Sunday when the promotion is over, will I have to bring in the free game as well? Or will they even let me.

[quote name='vantheman']If I exchange one of the games I bought on Sunday when the promotion is over, will I have to bring in the free game as well? Or will they even let me.[/QUOTE]
If it's just an exchange for something of near equal value then you should be good.

I've been trading games left and right because certain GS don't have the specific game I was looking for. I pay more or get credited the difference depending on the exchange.

Edit: As long as it's within 7 days of purchase of course ;D

[quote name='iduncurr']If it's just an exchange for something of near equal value then you should be good.

I've been trading games left and right because certain GS don't have the specific game I was looking for. I pay more or get credited the difference depending on the exchange.

Edit: As long as it's within 7 days of purchase of course ;D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm exchanging a 10 dollar for a 13 so that woul probabaly work.

[quote name='iduncurr']If it's just an exchange for something of near equal value then you should be good.

Edit: As long as it's within 7 days of purchase of course ;D[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this? I finally found a cheap FF XIII-2 at Best Buy after ordering it on-line at Gamestop (37.99) and when that order gets here next week I'd like to exchange it for Dark Souls (34.99) or something similar.

Thanks!

[quote name='TheWildMoose']You can return a game in a b2g1 free for another game you just cant get the credit back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Iduncurr and TheWildMoose - I'll do that then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they do not cancel my order of ipod shuffles. I ordered thursday, one of my orders went through . So hopefully after i trade in the ipods from my GS order that went through I would have gotten Skyrim PS3 for 18 bucks, i think thats pretty good. And hopefully my second order goes through and i would get to do the same as before and get tales of graces f for around 20 bucks. :bouncy:

I can't recomend umvc3 enough to people as I'm having a blast playing it :). Veutiful joe is a monster with air combos if that's your style. GET THIS GAME WITH THIS SALE NOW !!!!!!

[quote name='Borellius']I really hope they do not cancel my order of ipod shuffles. I ordered thursday, one of my orders went through . So hopefully after i trade in the ipods from my GS order that went through I would have gotten Skyrim PS3 for 18 bucks, i think thats pretty good. And hopefully my second order goes through and i would get to do the same as before and get tales of graces f for around 20 bucks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Where are you going to trade in your ipods?

[quote name='Borellius']GameStop? Assuming the trade value hold its 6 bucks per gen 1 and $10 for gen 2[/QUOTE]
If you're anywhere near Boston or NYC, I'd say to try CEX for the 2nd gen ones. They're between $10-12 CASH for them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you're anywhere near Boston or NYC, I'd say to try CEX for the 2nd gen ones. They're between $10-12 CASH for them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, sadly i live in texas.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I can't recomend umvc3 enough to people as I'm having a blast playing it :). Veutiful joe is a monster with air combos if that's your style. GET THIS GAME WITH THIS SALE NOW !!!!!![/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#I hope you mean on the Vita. I got the PS3 version with the $20 for $40 Newegg/Google deal. Played it once. It's been sitting. Had me doing all kinds of special moves without know what in the hell I was doing. I got to the big boss so fast.

Maybe you meant MvC2!!!!! :D

[quote name='iduncurr']Where are you going to trade in your ipods?[/QUOTE]

Thought I read, in this thread(look though the last 4-6 pages or so), that Best Buy gives $22 for them or $16, depending on the condition..

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
Thought I read, in this thread(look though the last 4-6 pages or so), that Best Buy gives $22 for them or $16, depending on the condition..[/QUOTE]
That was me, but that's for the 3rd gen.
I was just curious as to where people with 2nd gen were trading theirs to. :D

I'm trying to figure out a way to turn GS credit to BB credit without using the same games. I don't care about making extra but if I do get extra. Great!

[quote name='ironmenpb']I'm trying to figure out a way to turn GS credit to BB credit without using the same games. I don't care about making extra but if I do get extra. Great![/QUOTE]

As far as i can tell if you haven't tried yet

Skyrim x1
MW3 x2

cost with btgo - about 75
*x2 meaning a copy each of either platform

I was thinking

Skyrim - 25
mw3 -25
mw3 -25

tiv after bonuses at BB - 112

im looking for another set to trade in since they started this 1 per platform per year , i don't want to get banned.

[quote name='ironmenpb']I'm trying to figure out a way to turn GS credit to BB credit without using the same games. I don't care about making extra but if I do get extra. Great![/QUOTE]
If you don't mind buying a bunch of little games in order to work with the 1 title per platform thing.

$1.99 Kinect Adventures = $2
$1.99 Project Gotham Racing = $2

$2.99 Forza Sports 2 = $2
$2.99 Ghost Recon: Warfighter = $2
$2.99 Lost Planet: Extreme Condition = $2

$2.99 Frontlines: Fuel of War = $2
$2.99 Prey = $2
$2.99 Timeshift = $2

$4.99 Prince of Persia = $4
$4.99 Tom Clancy Endwar = $4

There was another $4.99 that traded in for $4 but I forgot what it was.
Between the B2G1 free promo from GS and the 40% (50% if your a RZU) when you pre-order from Best Buy then you'll actually get more.
I mean these are the best ratio to buy/trade-in on a budget. It's just if the 50 game limit is true then that'll kind of screw you over in the future if you plan on trading more in the future.

These are fairly easy to find to since they are low costing and not really renown, play wise.

[quote name='Borellius']As far as i can tell if you haven't tried yet

Skyrim x1
MW3 x2

I was thinking

Skyrim - 25
mw3 -25
mw3 -25

im looking for another set to trade in since they started this 1 per platform per year , i don't want to get banned.[/QUOTE]

Isn't skyrim used cost more than mw 3?

Nevermind, i'm an idiot, just figured out that it'd be better to get the jak collection at wal-mart, and then use the money that i was going to buy jak new towards the b2g1 deal. I need some help guys, I'm going to get MGS HD, Naruto Generations, now i need one more game, what do you guys recommed?

Valkyria Chronicles
Sonic Generations
Alice
3D Dot Game Heroes.

Oh man Newegg/Amazon was selling Valkyria Chronicles for $16.99 or $17.99 brand new not too long ago.
So it seems kind of a waste to buy it for 24.99, but it's a good game IMO. The fact that it's been out for awhile and hasn't dropped to $10 is surprising.

Alice is also a pretty wicked game to get but since you are buying it used you have to factor in the whole online pass too. >

I picked up MGS HD, NBA 2k12, and UMVC3. The problem is that MGS and NBA2k12 came incomplete. Will I be able to go to other gamestops and ask for the extras? I've never had a problem finding complete games I wanted at gamestop until now..

[quote name='rey6eric']I picked up MGS HD, NBA 2k12, and UMVC3. The problem is that MGS and NBA2k12 came incomplete. Will I be able to go to other gamestops and ask for the extras? I've never had a problem finding complete games I wanted at gamestop until now..[/QUOTE]

Incomplete? What was missing?

The other day picked up:

MGS HD collection
DMC HD collection
Batman AC

for about $68.
Traded in batman and some other games for the tiered promo.

Still have $113 in credit(for the past few months my gs credit stayed above $100).:bouncy:

valkyria chronicles is rad if you like that type of game (innovative RTS) or japanese/anime style games in general. its even pretty good if you dont.

[quote name='Borellius']As far as i can tell if you haven't tried yet

Skyrim x1
MW3 x2

I was thinking

Skyrim - 25
mw3 -25
mw3 -25

im looking for another set to trade in since they started this 1 per platform per year , i don't want to get banned.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I spend $83 and I get $115. Once I get $115 Im gonna try to buy a visa card to use at other stores. :)

[quote name='iduncurr']Oh man Newegg/Amazon was selling Valkyria Chronicles for $16.99 or $17.99 brand new not too long ago.
So it seems kind of a waste to buy it for 24.99, but it's a good game IMO. The fact that it's been out for awhile and hasn't dropped to $10 is surprising.

Alice is also a pretty wicked game to get but since you are buying it used you have to factor in the whole online pass too. >

I can tell you 3D Dot is 12.99 used which is an insane price. Im thinking of picking it up again with some other cheap games

Just an opinion, I traded in 2 x Mw3 360 back in feb and 1 x ps3 copy 2 days ago to BB, is it safe to trade 1 more 360 or is it a nono?

My current inventory is mw 3 360, kingdom of amllir 360 and BF 3 360. Am I better of exchange to something else to shift credit to BB?

[quote name='ironmenpb']Thank you! I spend $83 and I get $115. Once I get $115 Im gonna try to buy a visa card to use at other stores. :)[/QUOTE]

They actually sell visa gift cards at best buy??

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just an opinion, I traded in 2 x Mw3 360 back in feb and 1 x ps3 copy 2 days ago to BB, is it safe to trade 1 more 360 or is it a nono?

My current inventory is mw 3 360, kingdom of amllir 360 and BF 3 360. Am I better of exchange to something else to shift credit to BB?[/QUOTE]
Max trades per person, per year, per title is 3.

You should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back