Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Is killzone 3 back on sale? Or is this just how you broke it down after the b2g1?[/QUOTE]

Lol he was referring to 2. And again thanks for the recommendation for Borderlands. :D

2 days ago i picked up:
Simpsons Game
History Channel Civil War Secret Mission
Lord of the Rings Conquest

Since then, I finished the Civil War game - probably only worth it for civil war buffs like me - and played enough of Conquest to realize it was horrible... so went back today and rebought the Simpsons with Dead Island and Dead Rising 2: OTR. Its zombie killing time!

I traded in my Dead Island for Xbox for the Special Edition for PS3...
There is the paper slip for the Ripper weapon and Bloodbath Arena code but I have no idea if it's been claimed yet. (I was only there to exchange for an undamaged disc but they didn't have anymore 360 in stock)

If not, score for me!

Picked up (Today)
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Elder's Scroll: Oblivion Game of the Year (360) (oh hey, it still has the map too)
Dragon Age II (360)

Previous Pick Ups
Dead Island (PS3)
God of War HD Collection (PS3)
Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3 w/ Steel-Tin Case)

Batman: AC (PS3)
Batman: AC (360)
Left 4 Dead 2 (360)

Finally got to go out to my local stores today and check the selection. Found a nice set of $17.99's at one store, then the 3 $27.99's I was looking for at the next, only to discover that I can't find my PUR card, which has about $86 in credit on it! Needless to say, I was a little distraught.

I had just picked up Xenoblade yesterday at one GS, so I dashed back over there to see if my card had turned up there...sadly, no dice. As a last ditch attempt, I thought it might be in the bag they gave me Xenoblad in, but no luck there either.

I feel like they're telling me the truth at that GS that they didn't have it behind the register, and I have been a good customer to them, and like all of the CSR's, so I believe them, but it's also hard to fathom that I actually did receive the card back from them yesterday, since I've never lost an EDGE/PUR card in 4-5 years, and have one spot in my wallet it always stays in until it's used.

Really sucks, though, as that would have been just enough credit for the 6 games I wanted. Anyone else ever had a similar occurrence, or more specifically, any experience trying to regain the credit?

[quote name='sgaldis']Finally got to go out to my local stores today and check the selection. Found a nice set of $17.99's at one store, then the 3 $27.99's I was looking for at the next, only to discover that I can't find my PUR card, which has about $86 in credit on it! Needless to say, I was a little distraught.

I had just picked up Xenoblade yesterday at one GS, so I dashed back over there to see if my card had turned up there...sadly, no dice. As a last ditch attempt, I thought it might be in the bag they gave me Xenoblad in, but no luck there either.

I feel like they're telling me the truth at that GS that they didn't have it behind the register, and I have been a good customer to them, and like all of the CSR's, so I believe them, but it's also hard to fathom that I actually did receive the card back from them yesterday, since I've never lost an EDGE/PUR card in 4-5 years, and have one spot in my wallet it always stays in until it's used.

Really sucks, though, as that would have been just enough credit for the 6 games I wanted. Anyone else ever had a similar occurrence, or more specifically, any experience trying to regain the credit?[/QUOTE]

if its credit on your silver pro card I'm pretty sure they can just check it with your phone number? at least they've allowed me to.

[quote name='akir']if its credit on your silver pro card I'm pretty sure they can just check it with your phone number? at least they've allowed me to.[/QUOTE]

We can't check how much people have on their Pro cards unless they actually have the card. You can check on the powerups website though.

Yeah, I've seen that you can check your points on the PUR website, but I'm talking about actual trade-in credit that is stored on the card. I've never liked having credit on my EDGE/PUR card, so it's my own stupid fault for not asking them to put the credit on a separate GC that I could store at home until I'm ready to use.

[quote name='sgaldis']Yeah, I've seen that you can check your points on the PUR website, but I'm talking about actual trade-in credit that is stored on the card. I've never liked having credit on my EDGE/PUR card, so it's my own stupid fault for not asking them to put the credit on a separate GC that I could store at home until I'm ready to use.[/QUOTE]
You don't have the PUR card on your keychain?
I mean you'll never lose it that way.
Unless you lose your car...which would made going to Gamestop a little bit more difficult.

Finally headed to gs tonight. Picked up dead island for myself, lord of the rings: war I'm the north for me and the gf, and pokemon diamond for my little bro.

[quote name='iduncurr']You don't have the PUR card on your keychain?
Unless you lose your car...which would made going to Gamestop a little bit more difficult.[/QUOTE]

You know, that is the one last ditch effort I was just thinking about. I actually never did put the little one on my keychain, so if it's still in my gaming room somewhere, I can still use that! Still too late for the B2G1, though! :(

[quote name='coopscohen']Can I still swap games now that the B2G1 is over?[/QUOTE]
Yes, as long as it's not the free game.

and within 7 days of purchase of course =)

[quote name='iduncurr']Yes, as long as it's not the free game.

and within 7 days of purchase of course =)[/QUOTE]

Perfect. Guess I'll swap out Catherine for another game tomorrow and place an order with Amazon for it to get the soundtrack and art book.

[quote name='mattcube64']Think I'll have any trouble returning an iPod Shuffle at the store and exchanging it for a game, instead?[/QUOTE]
I actually don't know the return policy on ipods.
>

I ended up going to Gamestop with a group of friends before they closed yesterday evening and picked up Skate 3, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, and Bayonetta (all for 360). My friend showed me this video and the second part and I couldn't stop myself from buying the former. I can't wait to play it, but after getting home, I noticed the disk is in PRETTY bad condition. And naturally, there aren't any more used copies within 50 miles. :/ Does anyone know if the game installs to Hard Drives all right?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I ended up going to Gamestop with a group of friends before they closed yesterday evening and picked up Skate 3, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, and Bayonetta (all for 360). My friend showed me this video and the second part and I couldn't stop myself from buying the former. I can't wait to play it, but after getting home, I noticed the disk is in PRETTY bad condition. And naturally, there aren't any more used copies within 50 miles. :/ Does anyone know if the game installs to Hard Drives all right?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure as long as you can get ANY game to install then you'll be fine and you should be able to play it with no problems

I was going to get Saint's Row Double Pack and Hitman: Blood Money, but I couldn't find a third, similarly priced game to go with it so I ended up missing out. Oh well, they probably would've come in crappy generic cases anyway.

So, in all, I only had one transaction and that was:

NBA 2K12
Kingdoms of Amalur
Mario Party 9

They haven't gotten here yet obviously so no word on condition. I'm hoping that since these are all fairly new releases that they're in decent condition with original cases and artwork, but I'm definitely not holding my breath. If anything, they shouldn't be too hard to exchange the cases at my store. They're pretty cool about it. The only problem is if they don't have the game in stock.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Is killzone 3 back on sale? Or is this just how you broke it down after the b2g1?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was actually getting Killzone 2 with this sale, but the other day I actually bought a pre-owned Killzone 3 from Amazon for $13, so might want to check there. Disc looked like it had never been used.

[quote name='sgaldis']Yeah, I've seen that you can check your points on the PUR website, but I'm talking about actual trade-in credit that is stored on the card. I've never liked having credit on my EDGE/PUR card, so it's my own stupid fault for not asking them to put the credit on a separate GC that I could store at home until I'm ready to use.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you can check your actual trade-in credit on the PUR website.

[quote name='KtMack23']So you can't swap the free game? My xenosaga II didnt come complete so I wanted to get something else.[/QUOTE]

logic would say that as long as your swap doesnt disrupt the amount paid, how could they care? (e.g. if your free game was 12.99 and you pick a different 12.99 game)

their policy is 7 days to swap a game if you dont like it, so i cant imagine them limiting it (i can see that maybe the computer would see the free game's value as 0.00 so it would be hard to find a "free" game to swap for, haha, but that's what managers overrides are for)

dunno, im heading in to swap Katamari tomorrow

On the PUR site got to My Account -> Rewards Account -> Trade Credit Balance, click Get Trade Credit Balance.
[quote name='iduncurr']You don't have the PUR card on your keychain?
Unless you lose your car...which would made going to Gamestop a little bit more difficult.[/QUOTE]
The keychain card is too big to carry (on my keys) for me. I leave it at home as a back up just in case I lose the original card.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah the pur keychain card is annoying, why not make it the same size as you know, every other fucking card out there.[/QUOTE]

I've had mine for about a year, never even used it, and the entire back of it is peeling off. I might as well just throw it out at that point.

Received my games yesterday:

Mass Effect 3 came in a generic green case. The online pass inside was unused so i used it
Modern Warfare 3 (PS3 & 360) Both came in generic cases. The one for 360 did not come with the instruction manual.

All disc look like they were cleaned by a machine before they were sent to me. They all have dark grey residue on em. and on the inner ring

Now i have to find a store and exchange them. I'm not even gonna get started talking about why these discs are in this condition.

[quote name='KtMack23']So you can't swap the free game? My xenosaga II didnt come complete so I wanted to get something else.[/QUOTE]
You may but it just may be a bit more difficult.
Like you may have to bring in all three games back in order to do the exchange.

Like someone posted before me a manager may be able to override it from the single free game but possibly may need all three games so he can rering up all three purchases in order to apply the B2G1 free promo.

It's very YMMV

Picked up Alan Wake, Bulletstorm and Batman: Arkham Asylum for around 35 bucks. Not a bad deal.

[quote name='klimb22']On the PUR site got to My Account -> Rewards Account -> Trade Credit Balance, click Get Trade Credit Balance.

The keychain card is too big to carry (on my keys) for me. I leave it at home as a back up just in case I lose the original card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, i did not know you could check the amount of trade credit via the website, and sure enough, it still shows my $86.xx on the account. Problem is, I obviously can't redeem it in store without the card, and online it can't be used without the PIN number.

I figure tomorrow I'm gonna go in and talk to one of the managers I've known for awhile, and see if he can offer any help. I have 2 receipts with balances and even the website obviously proves that I have the credit, so maybe there is someway they could issue me a new gift card or something.

Assuming nobody has my card and/or steals the credit, I wonder if I would eventually
get one of those unused credit e-mails? I know I have received a few over the years, I believe for money I had put towards pre-orders, but never picked up. I guess every year or so their system seems to parse that stuff out, and tries to re-issue the credit to you.

Call their 800number and have them issue you a new card.

I lost my big card an year ago and if you go in store with proper ID they can call their CS and issue you a new card and move the credit over...

I didn't do that cause you have to be patient as it takes 20-30 mins. I've been using my keycard that is in such bad shape.

[quote name='nas6034']Call their 800number and have them issue you a new card.

I lost my big card an year ago and if you go in store with proper ID they can call their CS and issue you a new card and move the credit over...

I didn't do that cause you have to be patient as it takes 20-30 mins. I've been using my keycard that is in such bad shape.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they must have some type of process in case your card was lost or stolen. I would give them a call at their corporate number.

[quote name='sgaldis']Thanks for the info, i did not know you could check the amount of trade credit via the website, and sure enough, it still shows my $86.xx on the account. Problem is, I obviously can't redeem it in store without the card, and online it can't be used without the PIN number.

I figure tomorrow I'm gonna go in and talk to one of the managers I've known for awhile, and see if he can offer any help. I have 2 receipts with balances and even the website obviously proves that I have the credit, so maybe there is someway they could issue me a new gift card or something.

Assuming nobody has my card and/or steals the credit, I wonder if I would eventually
get one of those unused credit e-mails? I know I have received a few over the years, I believe for money I had put towards pre-orders, but never picked up. I guess every year or so their system seems to parse that stuff out, and tries to re-issue the credit to you.[/QUOTE]

I haven't kept up with your predicament, but from their website, and I'm assuming your card is also.a PUR card( as stated in an above post.gamestop tried to force me to into PUR pro, so Im not exactly a fan or caring about their business):

Wha t if I lose my membership card?

Just go to any participating GameStop storeand tell an associate that your dog ate it. They'll feel sorry for your lack of imagination and look up your account using your email address or phone number. You'll still be able to get all your benefits.

Sorry if.you know that, there are just so many people who don't know how to "use the internet"

Um the issue isn't the card benefits, it's the $8X he has in credit on the card. The credit can't be accessed from your phone number or anything, it needs to be the card. So before you try to teach people how to use the internet perhaps you should learn how to read and comprehend what you read.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this....

I just found a card that has some credit on it (that unfortunately I found after the sale was over today).

Is there any way I can apply the gift card to any of the purchases I made during the sale?

[quote name='MikeE021286']Wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this....

I just found a card that has some credit on it (that unfortunately I found after the sale was over today).

Is there any way I can apply the gift card to any of the purchases I made during the sale?[/QUOTE]

Extremely unlikely. You would need to do re-turn and re-buy but since the sales are over the system would require an override to the price you paid and I honestly think 80-90% of managers out there would deny doing that just so you can use credit instead of cash.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Extremely unlikely. You would need to do re-turn and re-buy but since the sales are over the system would require an override to the price you paid and I honestly think 80-90% of managers out there would deny doing that just so you can use credit instead of cash.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Thanks

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um the issue isn't the card benefits, it's the $8X he has in credit on the card. The credit can't be accessed from your phone number or anything, it needs to be the card. So before you try to teach people how to. use the internet perhaps you should learn how to read and comprehend what you read.[/QUOTE]

In have comprehension issues? You missed the part where I said I'm not following the posts. You have such a life, that you interjected yourself into insulting people who are trying to help people, with a disclaimer that says "sorry if this wont help". I wasn't talking to you, and even though you most likely think your so important because you like to read your own thoughts, stop trying to trammel and move along.

[quote name='6er']In have comprehension issues? You missed the part where I said I'm not following the posts You have such a life, that you interjected yourself into insulting people who are trying to help people, with a disclaimer that says "sorry if this wont help". I wasn't talking to you, and even though you most likely think your so important because you like to read your own thoughts, stop trying to trammel and move along.[/QUOTE]

You got me figured out you're right. I have an amazing life, that's why I spend time on a game website. Oh wait you were being sarcastic....very original I shouldn't have been so gullible just then, oh well.

If you aren't following the posts why comment on the subject at hand? In class you don't raise your hand and say "well I wasn't listening at all for the last 2 weeks of class, but.....here is what I think the answer is". Instead you should have read up on the issue at hand and seen if your advice was relevant.

You're on a forum, a place for people to meet, share ideas, and troll. The idea that you think that because your post was not directed at me somehow denies me the right to reply? Interesting thought there, but flawed to the core. If you want to communicate with someone directly there are private messages for a reason.

I never said you were stupid or unhelpful, but you chose to hide an insult in your last sentence of your original post, basically stating that "I don't mean to offend anybody, but damn people are stupid for not knowing how to use the internet" where you yourself did not do due diligence in reading up on the issue, thus in-turn somewhat failing at using the internet properly as well.

Finally, thank you for giving me permission to move on, and to think I was sitting here and waiting for you to give me such a thing. Thank you again for releasing me from my burden.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You got me figured out you're right. I have an amazing life, that's why I spend time on a game website. Oh wait you were being sarcastic....very original I shouldn't have been so gullible just then, oh well.

If you aren't following the posts why comment on the subject at hand? In class you don't raise your hand and say "well I wasn't listening at all for the last 2 weeks of class, but.....here is what I think the answer is". Instead you should have read up on the issue at hand and seen if your advice was relevant.

You're on a forum, a place for people to meet, share ideas, and troll. The idea that you think that because your post was not directed at me somehow denies me the right to reply? Interesting thought there, but flawed to the core. If you want to communicate with someone directly there are private messages for a reason.

I never said you were stupid or unhelpful, but you chose to hide an insult in your last sentence of your original post, basically stating that "I don't mean to offend anybody, but damn people are stupid for not knowing how to use the internet" where you yourself did not do due diligence in reading up on the issue, thus in-turn somewhat failing at using the internet properly as well.

Finally, thank you for giving me permission to move on, and to think I was sitting here and waiting for you to give me such a thing. Thank you again for releasing me from my burden.[/QUOTE]

One thing I learned in a competitive public speaking class:
When you trick people to an emotional outburst like above, congratulations, they made the case for you.

[quote name='6er']One thing I learned in a competitive public speaking class:
When you trick people to an emotional outburst like above, congratulations, they made the case for you.[/QUOTE]

Emotional outbursts? Did you not see the sarcasm in my post at all? I enjoy responding to things like this, I find it funny and enjoyable to troll a troll. So if it helps you feel better to think you got under my skin then go for it, but it's really not true. :)

Feel like I made out fairly well last week. Picked up Virtua Tennis 4 (Vita), Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (PS3), and MGS HD (360) for $62. I missed out on Gundam from GF last week, so this worked out fairly well for me. Only disc 2 from the MGS set showed any signs of wear. Mild scuffs on disc 2 but everything installed on the HDD ok it would seem.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Emotional outbursts? Did you not see the sarcasm in my post at all? I enjoy responding to things like this, I find it funny and enjoyable to troll a troll. So if it helps you feel better to think you got under my skin then go for it, but it's really not true. :)[/QUOTE]
energizer-bunny-keep-going.jpeg

See what I did there?

No hard feelings, that's just funny

[quote name='6er']
energizer-bunny-keep-going.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Dang that reminds me I had a energizer bunny little toy flashlight, when you squeezed the drum it would light up. I wonder where it went...thanks for reminding...now I'm a sad panda :cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='savagepastry']Maybe...just this one time...the person I'm arguing with...on the internet...will concede...to my point...[/QUOTE]

NEVER!!! This is the internet and it represents my self-worth, self-image, and honor. I must defend my point till the other falters and that way I can proclaim myself King of the Internetz!! Huzzah!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Dang that reminds me I had a energizer bunny little toy flashlight, when you squeezed the drum it would light up. I wonder where it went...thanks for reminding...now I'm a sad panda :cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Wow your ADD is probably as bad as mine(undiagnosed if true...according to my wife who worked with kids for a past job, and claims I'm completely random)

My wife can never follow my train of thought. It goes exactly like Bill Engval describes his in 20 degrees off cool routine.

And on that note I'm a habitual post-post editor. I never get though a thought process the first time( as in I go through several partial processes and then loop back)

And what was this thread about again?

[quote name='6er']Wow your ADD is probably as bad as mine(undiagnosed).

My wife can never follow my train of thought. It goes exactly like Bill Engval describes his in 20 degrees off cool routine.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I believe in a few things about the English language, more so with the written word. Always use proper English and grammar whenever possible, if I mess up do my best to fix it. The more elegant, but nonsensical I can make my comments the better. And if anything is worth saying it's worth saying with a smile on my face.

If anyone is following this admittedly hysterical conversation, I have added to my above two posts. And they explain why.

And to end it, I'll admit I was in a particularly bad mood in this thread anyway from my GS (lack of) service yesterday. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back