Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='timmywanabreak']They actually sell visa gift cards at best buy??[/QUOTE]

The best buy where I'm at does. But the other best buys around town do not. Which is odd.

[quote name='KtMack23']Wrong[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that helpful and ellaborative post!

Well I was just told this yesterday when I was trading games in. The CSR read it to me off the trade-in screen so maybe it's YMMV ?

[quote name='MikeE021286']Thanks for that helpful and ellaborative post!

Well I was just told this yesterday when I was trading games in. The CSR read it to me off the trade-in screen so maybe it's YMMV ?[/QUOTE]

A lot of people have been reporting in that BB reps have been quoting that they are changing it to 1 title, per console, per year. Retroactive from Jan 1. If you already traded the 3 title limit before April 1st you should be fine but BB shouldn't be accepting a 2nd copy of said title but they need to do some online course about it so you still may get away with it. People are scared of potential future bannings if they abuse it though.

Since it hasn't been officially confirmed nationwide yet YMMV.

;)

[quote name='jwk94']Nevermind, i'm an idiot, just figured out that it'd be better to get the jak collection at wal-mart, and then use the money that i was going to buy jak new towards the b2g1 deal. I need some help guys, I'm going to get MGS HD, Naruto Generations, now i need one more game, what do you guys recommed?

Valkyria Chronicles
Sonic Generations
Alice
3D Dot Game Heroes.[/QUOTE]

VC is $10 at TRU(if you can find it)and Alice is on clearance at Target and/or may still be cheaper at Best Buy.

As for the other two, I predict that Sonic is gonna go to $20 sooner rather than later, so just wait for an MSRP price drop and 3D Dot Game Heroes I honestly don't know about.

I've got a 20% off pre owned coupon, can I use that on the most expensive game with this deal? Or do you think they'd deny it?

[quote name='pimpster4183']I've got a 20% off pre owned coupon, can I use that on the most expensive game with this deal? Or do you think they'd deny it?[/QUOTE]

They don't stack with the B2G1 free deal so you have to pick one or the other.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I've got a 20% off pre owned coupon, can I use that on the most expensive game with this deal? Or do you think they'd deny it?[/QUOTE]
Coupons usually don't stack with B2G1 deals.

Well, I am officially changing sides completely to BB. It has been a crazy week trying to upgrade my vanilla of MK to MK:Komplete. I started out by trading in MK at BB last Saturday for $24 after 50% bonus. On Sunday, I picked up FF:XIII-2 from BB for $15 after coupon, and traded that into Gamestop for $24. So, in recap, $24 GS Credit and $10 remaining BB credit for trading in MK vanilla - so far so good.

This is where the wheels came off. Later on Sunday, I checked online to see if MK:Komplete sale was in effect. When I saw it was, I went all the way through the checkout process and the game was discounted to the advertised $29.99 price - even though my Pro membership has expired. Just before completing the order, I decided I did not want to pay the shipping cost if my local store had it, so I went back to the MK:Komplete page and reserved a copy at my local store.

When I arrived at my GS, the price jumped up from the $29.99 price to full price at the last minute. They said it was because my Pro membership expired. I explained it was going to go through the online order at the sale price. I did not want to re-new my Pro membership right now, so they said they would not adjust it, so I went home empty handed to place the online order.

When I got home, I noticed the used version was only $27.99, so after CAG16, it was just over $28 shipped. I was excited, until I got to the final checkout page. When I clicked on "Submit Order", I received an error about my billing info. This has not changed and had been saved for the last 5+ years, so I did not understand why, but I could not complete my order. I tried throughout the day to place any online order, but it would not go through.

Now, I decided used was the way to go because I did not need to upgrade to Pro and I would just place my order online later in the week. The error said to wait 24 hours, so I tried again Mon...Tues...Wed...and on Thrus I finally gave them a call.

After being on hold for 30 mins, they told me there was a problem with their system because I reserved a game at my local store and did not actually pick it up, so it locked my billing address. She told me it was completely on their end and had forwarded the issue to the proper department. In 24-48 hrs, it was to be taken care of.

So, 50+ hours later, I called again, waited for another 30mins, re-explained the situation and was told the same response - to wait 24-48 hrs(until the sale is over mind you), with the addition of the following "...and we will be in touch with what your error was and what you need to do to correct it."

So, I say screw you Gamestop, went and purchased 2 AC:R to use up my credit and flip, and will wash my hands of them - forever!

I will attempt 1 more time later today to go to my local store and talk to the Manager - who was present when this all started - and tell him the story. The only thing that will give me a small amount of satisfaction at this point would be to fix the issue in store, give me a new copy for the Pro price, or give me a year of Pro so I can purchase the game at the Pro price.

I got Dark Souls, Driver, and Sonic Generations. Wanted Mortal Kombat Komplete instead of Dark Souls but of course they didnt have that pre-owned.

I might stop in tonight and pick up some cheap games. I was thinking of getting WKCII and Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7, but my store has no pre-owned copies of either of those.

Is the b2g1 dead online? Trying to get:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Game Cube
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - Sony PSP
Tekken 6 - Sony PSP

And there's no discounted game in my cart :/
Tried re-entering my card info to no avail (Pro member)

[quote name='Alucardo666']Is the b2g1 dead online? Trying to get:

Tekken 6 - Sony PSP

Tried re-entering my card info to no avail (Pro member)[/QUOTE]Are you sure you entered the top set of numbers on the back of your PUR card? Some people have had problems because they entered the bottom (longer) set instead of the top and therefore didn't log in.

Tekken 6 - Sony PSP

Tried re-entering my card info to no avail (Pro member)[/QUOTE]

Make sure you 1) use the shorter number above the longer number on your card and 2) are actually logged into a gamestop.com account. That worked for me.

Tekken 6 - Sony PSP

Tried re-entering my card info to no avail (Pro member)[/QUOTE]

It's still up for me.
It's possibly the Game Cube game might have made the sale invalid though

It shouldn't even matter if the person is pro member or not since it's currently a blanket sale for anyone.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Well, I am officially changing sides completely to BB. It has been a crazy week trying to upgrade my vanilla of MK to MK:Komplete. I started out by trading in MK at BB last Saturday for $24 after 50% bonus. On Sunday, I picked up FF:XIII-2 from BB for $15 after coupon, and traded that into Gamestop for $24. So, in recap, $24 GS Credit and $10 remaining BB credit for trading in MK vanilla - so far so good.

This is where the wheels came off. Later on Sunday, I checked online to see if MK:Komplete sale was in effect. When I saw it was, I went all the way through the checkout process and the game was discounted to the advertised $29.99 price - even though my Pro membership has expired. Just before completing the order, I decided I did not want to pay the shipping cost if my local store had it, so I went back to the MK:Komplete page and reserved a copy at my local store.

When I arrived at my GS, the price jumped up from the $29.99 price to full price at the last minute. They said it was because my Pro membership expired. I explained it was going to go through the online order at the sale price. I did not want to re-new my Pro membership right now, so they said they would not adjust it, so I went home empty handed to place the online order.

When I got home, I noticed the used version was only $27.99, so after CAG16, it was just over $28 shipped. I was excited, until I got to the final checkout page. When I clicked on "Submit Order", I received an error about my billing info. This has not changed and had been saved for the last 5+ years, so I did not understand why, but I could not complete my order. I tried throughout the day to place any online order, but it would not go through.

Now, I decided used was the way to go because I did not need to upgrade to Pro and I would just place my order online later in the week. The error said to wait 24 hours, so I tried again Mon...Tues...Wed...and on Thrus I finally gave them a call.

After being on hold for 30 mins, they told me there was a problem with their system because I reserved a game at my local store and did not actually pick it up, so it locked my billing address. She told me it was completely on their end and had forwarded the issue to the proper department. In 24-48 hrs, it was to be taken care of.

So, 50+ hours later, I called again, waited for another 30mins, re-explained the situation and was told the same response - to wait 24-48 hrs(until the sale is over mind you), with the addition of the following "...and we will be in touch with what your error was and what you need to do to correct it."

So, I say screw you Gamestop, went and purchased 2 AC:R to use up my credit and flip, and will wash my hands of them - forever!

I will attempt 1 more time later today to go to my local store and talk to the Manager - who was present when this all started - and tell him the story. The only thing that will give me a small amount of satisfaction at this point would be to fix the issue in store, give me a new copy for the Pro price, or give me a year of Pro so I can purchase the game at the Pro price.[/QUOTE]

so you are done with GS because you can't break the rules and get what others have paid for, free. I think it's better you just leave.

as long as it's pre-owned it works.

[quote name='sassylaurie']So, I say screw you Gamestop, went and purchased 2 AC:R to use up my credit and flip, and will wash my hands of them - forever!

I will attempt 1 more time later today to go to my local store and talk to the Manager - who was present when this all started - and tell him the story. The only thing that will give me a small amount of satisfaction at this point would be to fix the issue in store, give me a new copy for the Pro price, or give me a year of Pro so I can purchase the game at the Pro price.[/QUOTE]This is my favorite part because you say that you're done with GS, forever, yet you're going to go back one more time. :lol:

[quote name='oldboy26']so you are done with GS because you can't break the rules and get what others have paid for, free. I think it's better you just leave.
[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Seriously, I'm reading this and shaking my head.
They should have just ordered it online and paid the shipping.
I mean between driving back and forth, calling customer service, waiting.
It's equally worth all the effort...especially since the person wasn't even entitled to the sale price anyways.

[quote name='iduncurr']It's still up for me.
It's possibly the Game Cube game might have made the sale invalid though

It shouldn't even matter if the person is pro member or not since it's currently a blanket sale for anyone.[/QUOTE]

Curses! :ragefist:

Thanks for the heads up though :|

(To the others: Yes, I did re-enter the correct numbers, to no avail :/ )

Want to take advantage of this sale on the last day, looking for some good $34.99 combinations, any suggestions?

Maybe this will answer some questions about using PUR coupons with B2g1. I used the $15 off pre-owned coupon and it took off from Dead Island. The GS POS system gave me the 2nd least expensive game for free. So, the coupon is pretty useless if you buy 3 games because you will just get the discounted game free if it's cheaper than others after the coupon.

IMG_20120407_132311.jpg

[quote name='mr mellow']Want to take advantage of this sale on the last day, looking for some good $34.99 combinations, any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, NBA 2K12, Dark Souls, Silent Hill HD Collection, Jak and Daxter HD Collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, etc.

A little bit more expensive, but there's some good $37.99 games including:

SSX, Battlefield 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Soul Calibur V, Modern Warfare 3, etc.

[quote name='Tsel']Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, NBA 2K12, Dark Souls, Silent Hill HD Collection, Jak and Daxter HD Collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, etc.

A little bit more expensive, but there's some good $37.99 games including:

SSX, Battlefield 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Soul Calibur V, Modern Warfare 3, etc.[/QUOTE]

Those seem like some great titles, i will look into them thanks :)

Got deadly premonition, Atelier Lotori, and White Knight Chronicles 2. There was a new guy at my local gamestop that looked like he was from jersey shore, but he made a mistake in my purchase by making WK2 free instead of Deadly Premonition. Yay! He saved me $2 more!

[quote name='jwk94']Because I have a wal-mart gift card that I don't want...[/QUOTE]

Buy the visa gift card that they have in store or online.

I just put a hold on a game for store pick-up and it told me a confirmation email was sent. I haven't received the confirmation yet and it also said to not leave until I get an email from the store saying they have it. How long should I wait? I sent the request almost an hour ago. The only reason I ask is because the game is hard to find and the store that has it is over 60 miles away. I want to include it in the B2G1 but don't want to get burned on the travel.

Wow, I used cheap shipping Thursday night, order shipped Friday, and arrived today (Saturday).

I used the 2-iPod glitch, and got a pretty much like-new Mario Party 9 (along with the two iPods) for ~$33.

Now I see the iPods trade for $10 and $6 (Gen 1 & 2 Shuffles). I ALWAYS seen bonuses for trading in I-Stuff; but now that I'm actually doing it, I'm not finding any promotions! Am I missing any?

Thanks!

picked up katamari, darkness, & mirror's edge for ps3.

I've wanted to play around with Darkness and ME for a bit, just to see what was novel/interesting about story/gameplay, but katamari - while incredibly cute and fun - is something that will likely sit on my shelf and not get played...

if i take it back to swap, can i swap for any game of equal value (or pay more/less if not), or do i need to take all 3 in to pick a new third game. (logic/reason says i can take in just the one, but CS sometimes thinks otherwise)

[quote name='oldboy26']so you are done with GS because you can't break the rules and get what others have paid for, free. I think it's better you just leave.[/QUOTE]

Um, yep, not what I was after. Looking to purchase it used online for $28.xx, but cannot complete the order because of their error. Fact is, I was thinking about renewing this weekend with the b2g1 sale - but not if I cannot order online. And it's not that I was being hostile about getting it for the Pro price, it's just what the online system was allowing me to do. Tell me you have NEVER taken advantage of a coupon code or pricing error. The post is about the fact I cannot place an online order because of their error. In fact, I recommend that anyone who reserves games for in-store pickup be careful, since CS cannot pinpoint why this happened.

[quote name='iduncurr']:applause:Seriously, I'm reading this and shaking my head.
They should have just ordered it online and paid the shipping.
I mean between driving back and forth, calling customer service, waiting.
It's equally worth all the effort...especially since the person wasn't even entitled to the sale price anyways.[/QUOTE]

Um, yep, cannot place an order online. All this happened after I tried to pick it up in-store. My street address is locked until they fix it. No guest account or different email fix here, or I would have paid the shipping cost last Sunday.

[quote name='robodaddyo']This is my favorite part because you say that you're done with GS, forever, yet you're going to go back one more time. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, guilty. Forever typically means until I cool down and the issue is fixed for me. But, all things being equal, I will go to BB before GS - without question. My local store did do a work around and I did pick it up for the $29.99 price. To hold up my end I will purchase a Pro membership if/when this is resolved.

[quote name='MauraderShields']I love these b2g1 free sales, there is never a single decent used item at the gamestops near me

old, overpriced, banged up games...no thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm passing this time as well. Couldn't find what I wanted local and hated to pay shipping. I did get 3 cheapies from BBY this week (star wars force unleashed 1 & 2 and Conan ) for my backlog and FF 13-2 for my backlog this week if I get some time to kill.
There will always be another one so no worries.

[quote name='sasukekun']Incomplete? What was missing?[/QUOTE]

They came in blank cases with no artwork or manuals. I was hoping I could exchange the cases for the games at other gamestops that have them if I brought in my receipt.

I don't see why people can't just trade in complete games.

I picked up Super Mario Land 3D, Ocarina of Time, and Resident Evil Revelations. This store had like 5 used copies of each.

[quote name='rey6eric']They came in blank cases with no artwork or manuals. I was hoping I could exchange the cases for the games at other gamestops that have them if I brought in my receipt.

I don't see why people can't just trade in complete games.[/QUOTE]

That's a YMMV on getting another GS to give you cover art/manuals.

[quote name='rey6eric']They came in blank cases with no artwork or manuals. I was hoping I could exchange the cases for the games at other gamestops that have them if I brought in my receipt.

I don't see why people can't just trade in complete games.[/QUOTE]

It's used so tell them the game doesn't work and you want another copy.

[quote name='matrix9280']It's used so tell them the game doesn't work and you want another copy.[/QUOTE]

But then they might just try and give you a another disk. From my expirence they have always swapped out cases for me. I have never been turned away.

[quote name='sasukekun']That's a YMMV on getting another GS to give you cover art/manuals.[/QUOTE]

My Atelier totori didn't have a case and I looked up another store that had one and they were very nice about me exchanging it.

I think if you leave the stickers on the blank case it will help, as they won't have to print them up again.

So frustrating, hard enough to pick 3 games in the same price range, but out of three sets of 3 I settled on, EVERY SINGLE SET I had to abandon because at least one of the games in each set they could only find a disc only copy.

[quote name='maxiell']Went with

:ds:Rune Factory 3 Harvest Moon $18
:ds:Golden Sun: Dark Dawn $15
:ps3:Killzone 2 $13[/QUOTE]
Is killzone 3 back on sale? Or is this just how you broke it down after the b2g1?

I figure I'll post in this thread too, this was ridiculous.

I just tried to sign up for purchase up rewards in store. they would not let me. told me I can only join if I purchased a 15 dollar membership. I told them I thought it was there is a free version and they said no. which is of course a flat out lie.

Just sent an email to gamestop PUR, and called a neighboring store asking it THEY offered free membership, told the guy the story and he apologized for the other store.

I thought I was just mistaken, but after looking up the PUR faq when I left the store, I'm ticked. That could be the last purchase for at the very least a VERY long time from gamestop in general.

So wednesday morning at 9am I woke up and immediately went to the website. I tried ordering, but my free ds game wasn't stacking with the sale for some reason. I called the 800 number to contact game stop and after about a 40 minute hold I was connected to a rep. She wasn't aware of any error, but then tried placing the exact order I was trying to make on the website and wasn't able to do it either.

She proceeds to put me on hold for 20 minutes. Then comes back and tells me to place the order online, and that she will credit me the free game. Once I do she pulls everything up and proceeds to check out my order. At that point I ask "I was wondering, would you happen to be able to waive the shipping for me today?" I had been on the phone for over an hour because their website wasn't working, and I had also been extremely patient during the entire thing.

After telling me they don't have an offer of free shipping, I state the above, and ask her if there's any way they can do it as a one time curtesy. Hold for another 20 minutes (if I would have known she was going to put me on hold for that long, I probably would have just paid the $5 without saying anything.)

She comes back, and totally waives my shipping. In total before discounts the order was like this:
Kirby's return to dreamland (Wii) $45
Kingdoms of amalur (ps3) $38
Devil survivor 2 (nintendo ds) $25

Now, since I placed the order without getting devil survivor free, I got its 10% discount. Then she came in and took the $25 off on top of that. Then waived my shipping. I ended up paying a total of $79 for all of those. And the best part? They all came with cases, books, and Kingdoms of amalur still had its online pass included completely unused.

But I still spent almost two hours on the phone....Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back