Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='chriscolbert']I got a kick of how the 360 version (maybe the PS3 version also) says it's a "hybrid" disc that includes the game and six episodes, yet they are on separate discs. Not that I care in the least, it's just that someone obviously has no clue what "hybrid" means.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is truly a hybrid disc as the games and episodes are on 1 Blu-ray. The disc can play the episodes in other players besides the PS3 like the Top Gun and Days of Thunder games that were released last year.

Got the PS3 version and their was no extra disc even though the back of the manual said there are 6 episodes. I'm guessing PS3 has it on disc and Xbox has 2 discs. I no longer have it, but thought that was a tad of interest to note.

I picked up 2 copies today, as well as 2 copies of Dragon Age 2. All of those, and 1 extra game went to Gamestop for trade 5 get an extra $20.

Got myself a copy along with resistance and a WWE dvd I've been wanting. 9.95 out the door after using a 20 dollar gift card, not too shabby but as most people I needed the override but the manager made it a penny, which I was happy about. Thanks OP!

[quote name='dino88']Why did you play the demo if you had a copy of the game?[/QUOTE]
I didnt open it yet and have had the demo downloaded since this months magazine came out. Was just easier to play the demo I guess. Plus I didnt want to have a game with only one achievement earned :oops:

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Missed out on this. Oh well, I spent the day with my girl instead. Contests to those who got in on the deal. Definitely passing at $5, lol.[/QUOTE]

Girls < free video games

Or not

[quote name='cancerman1120']I completely disagree and I will never change my mind...Counterpoint?[/QUOTE]

Then you are not interested in having a rational discussion and I am not interested in conversing with a person not interested in a rational discussion.

Also, the back of the box says "online multiplayer 2"

[quote name='Blade3D']I picked up 2 copies today, as well as 2 copies of Dragon Age 2. All of those, and 1 extra game went to Gamestop for trade 5 get an extra $20.[/QUOTE]
TiV still $9 for deadliest warrior?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I didnt open it yet and have had the demo downloaded since this months magazine came out. Was just easier to play the demo I guess. Plus I didnt want to have a game with only one achievement earned :oops:[/QUOTE]

I've got lots of games with one achievement earned! I get bored easily.

[quote name='confoosious']I've got lots of games with one achievement earned! I get bored easily.[/QUOTE]
lol so do I, I dont even know why I still worry about it. My completion percentage went to shit once I found CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I've got lots of games with one achievement earned! I get bored easily.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']lol so do I, I dont even know why I still worry about it. My completion percentage went to shit once I found CAG.
[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my PS3 trophies and I've only got 100% with one game...PixelJunk Shooter. :lol:

I have one platinum trophy for Dante's Inferno, but that only shows 84%.

I guess it doesn't help that I don't play much multiplayer.

[quote name='eldergias']Then you are not interested in having a rational discussion and I am not interested in conversing with a person not interested in a rational discussion.

Also, the back of the box says "online multiplayer 2"[/QUOTE]

Dang it...foiled by a rational argument again...someday I will win!!!!:lol:

[quote name='Brother Daz']lol so do I, I dont even know why I still worry about it. My completion percentage went to shit once I found CAG.[/QUOTE]

Here, here

This site is a blessing & a curse for any trophies/achievement hunter.

[quote name='mangas']can you buy and use the coupons to buy multiple of the same item?[/QUOTE]As the coupon states no but it has worked for people before.

So if I get 1 copy for the 360 and 1 copy for the Ps3,will they have to scan the coupon once or twice? I really dont want to tell the cashier to scan it twice (I know,weird).

[quote name='Vap']So if I get 1 copy for the 360 and 1 copy for the Ps3,will they have to scan the coupon once or twice? I really dont want to tell the cashier to scan it twice (I know,weird).[/QUOTE]
They would need to scan it twice. Big YMMV getting a cashier to do it though.

Manager marked it to $1 for me and gave me back the coupon. Took 20 mins of waiting. Guy taking the plastic case told me he was shocked and that it was a helluva deal. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Brother Daz']They would need to scan it twice. Big YMMV getting a cashier to do it though.[/QUOTE]

Oh...sounds like to much of a hassle. Thanks man!

iv got so many games with 0 trophies. and those are the ones i put in my ps3.
i also play way too much cod games. i spend maybe 70%+ playing cod multiplayer, so that's all time i could spend earning trophies. I think im barely over 50% trophy completion for my almost 500 ps3 games iv played. is this living? lol

also my manager shot me down for the free game. so correct response is... OMGZ DAMN FLIPPERS! lol, peace all.
and all of you that picked up this game and didn't keep it. You know you should be full of shame. or something, idk.

Just as a heads up, the price is going up to 24.99 tomorrow because of this coupon. It was in the employee news.

Edit: I work in mobile, but I still see gaming news from time to time.

It took 3 different people and about 25 minutes but I got my copy for $0.01 earlier today. Not a single employee questioned the deal, they just couldn't find out how to get the coupon to register. They were more worried about if I was a valid member of GCU than anything.

Picked up the game and DA2. Rep @ the register had overide codes so i was in an out. Not bad considering i had to stop by sometime this week to return something.

Needed an override, but the manager looked like he already knew the situation with the game and gave it quickly. Will probably trade it in since I'm not a big fighter fan, but for free I can't say no and I was in the area anyways buying some auto parts.

Just got back from Riverside CA store. The Best Buy people officially hate me because the manager already knew who I was after this pass weekend when I got a top of the line surround sound system dirt cheap.

Then today I came in and guess who they had to call. Well she said in no way shape or form she was going to honor the coupon. I mentioned that I pay to be a gamer zone member and the coupon should be valid, it was at that point I mentioned the memo put out that would make the game 24.99 but as of today they have to honor the coupon. She checked the memo, and an angry manager had to honor the coupon. I shook her hand and said I hope to see her soon. Don't feel guilty at all, BB gets me all the time.

Ended up getting two copies. First one from the Liberty, MO store. They were a pain in the ass to get it done, fought it to the end, but I prevailed. :cool: Second one from the Independence, MO store where they didn't really question it at all and just marked it down to .01. Cashier at Liberty store forgot to take my coupons, so that's why I got two. Will keep one and not sure what to do with other. Both are for 360. Thanks for the info OP.

[quote name='edoubledeezy']Just got back from Riverside CA store. The Best Buy people officially hate me because the manager already knew who I was after this pass weekend when I got a top of the line surround sound system dirt cheap.

Then today I came in and guess who they had to call. Well she said in no way shape or form she was going to honor the coupon. I mentioned that I pay to be a gamer zone member and the coupon should be valid, it was at that point I mentioned the memo put out that would make the game 24.99 but as of today they have to honor the coupon. She checked the memo, and an angry manager had to honor the coupon. I shook her hand and said I hope to see her soon. Don't feel guilty at all, BB gets me all the time.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the top of the line surround sound system dirt cheap?

Manager refused to honor it earlier, I didn't know about the email or anything, but while I was standing there I called the 800 number and registered a complaint against the manager. They asked if I could hold, and someone called the manager and he ended up putting it through. Dude was so pissed. Anyways, thank OP

[quote name='qualityman13']How did you get the top of the line surround sound system dirt cheap?[/QUOTE]

+1 I would like to know as well.

[quote name='qualityman13']How did you get the top of the line surround sound system dirt cheap?[/QUOTE]

If it is the same thing I heard, there was a corporate misprice that went through and tagged a stereo for $81.

After reading the first post I immediately drove to the nearest best buy, which is like down the street from me. I didn't have to buy anything else, nor did I have any intention to, just presented the coupon they chose the coupon option and entered the discount amount of $20. I only paid sales tax, which amounted to $1 and something cents. No fuss or hassle.

[quote name='kudu91']Just as a heads up, the price is going up to 24.99 tomorrow because of this coupon. It was in the employee news.

Edit: I work in mobile, but I still see gaming news from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking out. Got mine no problem at Tustin CA.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: A return of the BB game coupon fuck ups? :pray: Please oh please let em mess up and make a more recent/better title a penny cheaper than the coupon discount.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for you to chime in and comment, lol. Let me ask you this, did you end up getting a copy as well?

Got a copy tonight. It took about 10-minutes and 3 BB employees, but I walked out of the store with the game for FREE (Not even Sales Tax). Not sure if I am even gonna play it. Might just trade it in at GameStop towards my Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Edition.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: A return of the BB game coupon fuck ups? :pray: Please oh please let em mess up and make a more recent/better title a penny cheaper than the coupon discount.:lol:[/QUOTE]

you were just talking about this (in regards to fairytale fights) the other day, i actually was a little shocked, as I thought your wish came true today! ...

on topic... the only store with copies in tucson is Broadway.... none at wetmore (checked it out tonight)... and wetmore doesn't have DA2 either :cry:

[quote name='chriscolbert']But correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first truly legit situation where a game should theoretically be free after coupon, right?[/QUOTE]
You're forgetting the free Gamer's Club coupons a few years ago.;) Those were fun to print up from the RZ site and have the cashier go 'your total is uhhhhh free....i guess'.:lol:
[quote name='token2k6']edit: and if my memory serves me well, this will be the first free game since the gaming coupons they used to run, maybe the exact last free thing was the Nerf set for Wii[/QUOTE]
I believe that last game that was going to be free after those printable Gamer's Club coupons was Saint's Row 2 before they bumped it up to $24.99 and thus made it a $5 game. Before that was some MMO shooter where the developer or publisher went outta biz soon after. Crimecraft was the name of it, I believe.
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I was waiting for you to chime in and comment, lol. Let me ask you this, did you end up getting a copy as well?[/QUOTE]
Not yet. Unfortunately it's gonna be in the fuckin' 90's here the next three days and humid, so since I don't currently have anywhere I gotta go I'm hibernating in the AC for those three days.

By the time I get out to grab this the local store will probably be sold out or the price will have been raised. For free I'd try it, but I absolutely HATED Bushido Blade, so the comparisons to that game mean squat to me. Free is about my price.;)

Nothing pisses me off more than when I forgot to come on CheapAssGamer and miss out on a good deal...

I guess i'll settle for $5. One hour of minimum wage ain't much, espeically when I can trade it back for $2 - $3 when i'm done with it in a couple months.

I went straight to CS with the game cause I had to do a return/pick ups and the person behind the counter was the manager. I think I was the first person to use the coupon but she rang it up no problem and did an override. Didn't even pay the $.01. I did pick up MP3 at the same time though.

Picked it up last minute cause you guys gave me the heads up about the price change tomorrow.

Thanks.

[quote name='KtMack23']Girls < free video games

Or not[/QUOTE]

Girls win every time man. My game is a gamer to so we enjoy playing games together as well. Can't go wrong there.

your minimum wage is $5??? :cry:

[quote name='coldgears']
I guess i'll settle for $5. One hour of minimum wage ain't much, espeically when I can trade it back for $2 - $3 when i'm done with it in a couple months.[/QUOTE]

Would the coupons be usable after pricematching a game? If so, couldn't one get DW pricematched to 19.99, since Amazon has it for that price, and then use the coupon?

nope thats double dipping. coupon is off bb price only.

[quote name='Prota']Would the coupons be usable after pricematching a game? If so, couldn't one get DW pricematched to 19.99, since Amazon has it for that price, and then use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I just checked their policy and they don't pricematch online-only retailers. Any other retailers have it for that price?

[quote name='technicalstylez']nope thats double dipping. coupon is off bb price only.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Thanks.

bread's done
Back