(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ramprider0']I'm going to get 3 jampack 11's tonight and preorder ATV blazin trails![/quote]

Has anyone tried giving them duplicates, especially with the jampacks? I just bought 2 today for $2.99 each. I'll try it tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath

Oh yeah that is right that they only take an "X" amount copys a day! I forget what the number is? Someone refresh my memory please.

Do they really have an X amount limit? I thought that was just a rumor. But I don't know if they will actually accept multiple copies of demo discs. It just seems unlikely

Where's a good place to buy some $5 games not on the exclusion list. I'd be willing to lay out $120 for a new PSP... Thanks.

[quote name='javeryh']Where's a good place to buy some $5 games not on the exclusion list. I'd be willing to lay out $120 for a new PSP... Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm curious too....now that the TRU mega-clearance is no more...

[quote name='Wario64']Do they really have an X amount limit? I thought that was just a rumor. But I don't know if they will actually accept multiple copies of demo discs. It just seems unlikely[/quote]
The X represents the amount that I'm unsure of :lol:

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='javeryh']Where's a good place to buy some $5 games not on the exclusion list. I'd be willing to lay out $120 for a new PSP... Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm curious too....now that the TRU mega-clearance is no more...[/quote]

BUMP'D

We need answers, dammit! :p

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='javeryh']Where's a good place to buy some $5 games not on the exclusion list. I'd be willing to lay out $120 for a new PSP... Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm curious too....now that the TRU mega-clearance is no more...[/quote]

BUMP'D

We need answers, dammit! :p[/quote]

Go to your local GameStops and take advantage of their B2G1 free deal with preowned games. Just get games that are $9.99 or less, and you shouldn't be spending more than $140 to get a PSP. A few "good" games to pick up are:

Carmen San Diego (PS2 or GCN) - $8.99
Splinter Cell (PS2) - $9.99
Ribbit King (PS2 or GCN) - $8.99
Malice (PS2 or Xbox) - $8.99
Half-Life (PS2) - $9.99

Other games that are more than $9.99 but less than $14.99 include:

SSX Tricky (GCN or Xbox) - $12.99
Rygar (PS2) - $12.99
F-Zero GX (GCN) - $12.99
Gungrave: Overdose (PS2) - $12.99

thanks!! ^^^

Actually, I already scored a PSP bundle for about $70-80 due to Feb's TRU clearance deal, but I'd love to pad my PSP game collection with the current deal. Thanks!!

I guess you could buy Freestyle Steet Soccer from
Blockbuster ($4.99 each plus buy 2 get 1 free) and then trade them in at FYE for 17 credit each. Then use the credit to buy the Xbox and PS2 demos that are $5 each and trade them at EB using the 3-for-1 psp game and then return the games you've acquired for store credit towards a psp system. I don't have the balls to do it myself but it may work for someone out there :)

I just got back from trading in a total of 27 PO games at 2 seperate stores for 9 more 1st party games, yes I am a loser.

My total haul was trading in about 45 games that on average cost me $5.00 each for a total of $225.00 spent, that in return has got me $600.00 in credit.

[quote name='ajh2298']I just got back from trading in a total of 27 PO games at 2 seperate stores for 9 more 1st party games, yes I am a loser.

My total haul was trading in about 45 games that on average cost me $5.00 each for a total of $225.00 spent, that in return has got me $600.00 in credit.[/quote]

did you trade in duplicates at the same time?

ajh, what stores are you buying your used games from?

The selection at my Gamestops kinda suck, mostly $9 and above titles

[quote name='ajh2298']I just got back from trading in a total of 27 PO games at 2 seperate stores for 9 more 1st party games, yes I am a loser.

My total haul was trading in about 45 games that on average cost me $5.00 each for a total of $225.00 spent, that in return has got me $600.00 in credit.[/quote]

You sir, are the man. :applause:

[quote name='Wario64']ajh, what stores are you buying your used games from?

The selection at my Gamestops kinda suck, mostly $9 and above titles[/quote]

Out of the 45 games I traded in alot was from my own collection,(about 27-30) that I have picked up here and here on the cheap, and some were my friends Gamecube games that he sold me for $5.00 a piece.

There were no dups on the same system only game I think I had more than one copy was I-Ninja one for the Xbox and one for the Cube.

[quote name='ramprider0']I'm going to get 3 jampack 11's tonight and preorder ATV blazin trails![/quote]

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

Apparently as of about 12pm EST EB corporate issued a notice to all EB's that Trade-in Offers will no longer be Valid in combination with Demo Discs Including ANY PS2 Jampacks.

From this point on.... it all depends on how well informed your EB clerks are...
cuz at this point...

Jampack 11's and Xbox Exhibitions are deemed "invalid for trade-in offers"

:whistle2:(

don't fret.... there's still plenty out there still PO...

Take Future Tactics XBX/GC for example....
Still good as gold!

Crud, I just bought two copies of Jampack11's. I guess I can still return them to Gamestop, right?

Also, do they consider Outlaw Golf '9 more holes' a demo disc?

:) They were too late with that move... most of us already 'scored' our launch titles.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ramprider0']I'm going to get 3 jampack 11's tonight and preorder ATV blazin trails![/quote]

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

Apparently as of about 12pm EST EB corporate issued a notice to all EB's that Trade-in Offers will no longer be Valid in combination with Demo Discs Including ANY PS2 Jampacks.

From this point on.... it all depends on how well informed your EB clerks are...
cuz at this point...

Still good as gold!
[/quote]

joystickz Posted: Mon, 03/21/05, 8:12pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

cuz at this point...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn. Saw this one coming, but it sure was nice while it lasted!
Just wanted to thank you for this thread, Joystickz!!! Due to your info, I was able to get Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and Ape Escape for about $20!!!

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ramprider0']I'm going to get 3 jampack 11's tonight and preorder ATV blazin trails![/quote]

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

cuz at this point...

Still good as gold!
[/quote]

Hmm I hope the Outlaw Golf 9 Holes Games are still a go.

the 3 blockbusters around me has about a total of 20 Outlaw Gold X'mas 9 more holes..
you guys think i can still take advantage w/ these?
does anyone know if these blockbuster exclusives count as demos?

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

cuz at this point...

Still good as gold!
[/quote]

I traded in two Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes for Xmas today at... about 4pm EST. No problem.

The jampack/exhibition/outlaw golf thing may become a YMMV situation soon. Or now actually, if the notice did indeed get sent to all locations. So I guess everyone should try to clear their demos/outlaw golfs now before it's too late

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='JDMxB'][quote name='FFMooglestar'][quote name='JDMxB']Anyone have luck with Outlaw Golf 9 More in So. Cal?

I went back and sure enough the guy that gave me lip last time was there, and I tried to get specific with him, and he said anything not on the POX list, and as long as it's not a demo. Which in his opinion 9 More holes was a "demo".

I'm just going to try other EBs, this guy has nothing better to do than rain on everyones parade. I swear, he acts like i'm are making his paycheck smaller by using advertised deals.[/quote]

Where in SoCal are you having problems? I'm basically at the very bottom of Socal and have gotten it to work each time.[/quote]

This was at the EB in the Santa Anita Mall...Westfield Shopping center in Arcadia.

The jerk guy was this big huge fat dude--his lackeys actually looked like they wanted to help, but had to defer to him and that's when he laid the smackdown.[/quote]

Oh no... I live in Arcadia and that's the store I'm going to be trading in games to. I think all my trade-in games are legit, but I still hate having to deal with the people in that store :?[/quote]
I also used to live in Arcadia. But now I have moved to CT where the weather sucks but the stores are great for these kind of deals

God I want to unload my last outlaw golfs and be done with this deal, but my stores haven't gotten Ape Escape or MLB yet, and I'm too lazy to take the extra trip to get other games and return them for those.

I just got back from trading in 3 games (Mafia XB, Superman XB, and Warioworld GC) and they gave me a copy of Twisted Metal on the spot (no tax either!) I'm going back tomorrow to pick up Wipeout Pure with another 3 trade ins.

My question is that since I'd prefer to get Ridge Racer and Lumines instead, will the store give me any hassle when I try to exchange for these games? Do I need to say anything besides I changed my mind?

I just went out and unload one of my Jampack 11 demo discs to a EB. They accepted it so I guess they didn't read the email yet. I went to another EB before though and they told me right away that they don't accept Jampacks.

Preordered Ape Escape, hoping I can return it later for a 3rd party game

[quote name='mick16']I just got back from trading in 3 games (Mafia XB, Superman XB, and Warioworld GC) and they gave me a copy of Twisted Metal on the spot (no tax either!) I'm going back tomorrow to pick up Wipeout Pure with another 3 trade ins.

My question is that since I'd prefer to get Ridge Racer and Lumines instead, will the store give me any hassle when I try to exchange for these games? Do I need to say anything besides I changed my mind?[/quote]

When I return Ape Escape, I'm gonna say something like it got bad reviews (actually there are no reviews, oops), or the game doesn't suit me and I want to exchange it for another game. I just hope they buy my excuse

just got back from trading in 6 outlaw golfs for my 2 new psp titles and didn't have a problem. Now if I could only find more of them. Has anyone returned their launch titles yet and put the credit on their edge cards yet? Definitely don't want twisted metal and wipeout. I want Infected and Death Jr

Crap. I finally found some cheap Exhibition discs and they finally killed it (my EB stopped taking Jampacks a week or two ago). It'll still be a couple days before they show up, so I can't just run them in `under the wire' as it were. =(

[quote name='cag1000']just got back from trading in 6 outlaw golfs for my 2 new psp titles and didn't have a problem. Now if I could only find more of them. Has anyone returned their launch titles yet and put the credit on their edge cards yet? Definitely don't want twisted metal and wipeout. I want Infected and Death Jr[/quote]

did you trade them in sealed? or did you traded them as used ones w/o the packaging

[quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='cag1000']just got back from trading in 6 outlaw golfs for my 2 new psp titles and didn't have a problem. Now if I could only find more of them. Has anyone returned their launch titles yet and put the credit on their edge cards yet? Definitely don't want twisted metal and wipeout. I want Infected and Death Jr[/quote]

did you trade them in sealed? or did you traded them as used ones w/o the packaging[/quote]

kept em sealed and left the 4.99 price tags from BB on them(cost 3 a piece though) and handed him all 6. He wasn't gonna do it cause they didn't come up at first but get them to look at 10 down and they will be there.

[quote name='cag1000'][quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='cag1000']just got back from trading in 6 outlaw golfs for my 2 new psp titles and didn't have a problem. Now if I could only find more of them. Has anyone returned their launch titles yet and put the credit on their edge cards yet? Definitely don't want twisted metal and wipeout. I want Infected and Death Jr[/quote]

did you trade them in sealed? or did you traded them as used ones w/o the packaging[/quote]

kept em sealed and left the 4.99 price tags from BB on them(cost 3 a piece though) and handed him all 6. He wasn't gonna do it cause they didn't come up at first but get them to look at 10 down and they will be there.[/quote]

I should try this tomorrow as well, just in case they would not take it and I can still return them to Blockbuster..
The employee didn't give you any troubles?
I'm a little bit afriad to trade in 6 outlaw golfs at the same time..

Just got back from trading in 3 PS2 Jampack 11s for Wipeout Pure. Seems they hadn't read the email either. EB then put the 3 Jampacks out for $4 each so you could buy them back for $12 and get another one for free (if you wanted to and possibly was willing to wait a day until another guy was there)

Thanks guys! Awesome deal!

BTW: My Walmart here in NC had the Jampack 11s for $2 each.

I switched my preorder from Twisted Metal: Head On to Ridge Racers. And then I traded these games in:

SSX Tricky (GCN)
Ribbit King (GCN)
Wave Race: Blue Storm (GCN)
Crimson Skies (Xbox)
Amplitude (PS2)
Splinter Cell (PS2)
Winning Eleven 6 International (PS2)
NBA Street Vol. 2 (PS2)
Mister Mosquito (PS2)

And got these (they're in stock as well):
Twisted Metal: Head On (again)
Wipeout Pure
Gretzky NHL

I also picked up my preorder of Darkstalkers Chronicle, since my local EB has that in stock already. HOWEVER, when I got home and checked the PSP games I got, the EB dude gave me the display cases of Gretzky NHL and Darkstalkers. :? They have those new stickers on it, but the games were missing and it wasn't even shrinkwrapped. I'm gonna go back and raise hell until I get my (shrinkwrapped) games!

[quote name='joystickz']
MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

[/quote]

You're in NYC, right? Can you reveal your source for this info? Like, which store in New York you got your news from...

Good for EB. Now that they own 75% of all Jampack 11's ever made they decided to put a stop to it. Why would they send an email and not just change the exclusion list so their system wouldn't allow those particular demo discs? Hmmmm...Hmmmm. Doesn't matter. Never did the Jampack thing, never had plans to.

Anyway the main point of the post is that Hollywood Video is a decent source of $5 PO games. This may be YMMV for several reasons though (1) there are no GameCrazy's where I live so all the Hollywood's have 4 for $20 PO game racks. (2) Over half of the HV's in my area have these gay-a$$ covers on all the games so no original cover = no trade-in (3) and of course if you do find one with 4 for $20 racks and games with the original covers on them then you need to find discs in decent condition. Today I went through the entire selection of titles and found 6 Xbox titles and 6 PS2 titles not on the EB exclusion list. The employees let me open them up and the condition of most of them were horrible. I ended up buying only 3 of them. But still that's $15 for $30 EB dollars.

Thanks to this deal and blockbuster's outlaw golf (xmas edition) by tomorrow I should have about $400 worth of store credit! I already have a PSP with 8 games, 4 of them were aquired with this deal as well!!

Thank you EBGAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

what i wouldnt give to work in EBGames Loss prevention department....

i'd save them so much money... i'd earn two salaries.

of course.....
that would be the end of all exploits.
forever.

(i wonder if they have a good dental plan.....)

Here's my transaction today:

TRADED IN:
Conflict: Desert Storm PS2 ($9.99 from GameRush)
Fireblade PS2 ($9.99 from GameRush)
Half-Life PS2 ($9.99 from GameRush)
Cubix PS2 ($4.99 from GameRush)
Freaky Flyers PS2 (FREE from GameRush)
Gradius III & IV PS2 (FREE from GameRush)
Enter The Matrix PS2 ($9.99 from GameStop)
Jak and Daxter PS2 ($9.99 from GameStop)
Freaky Flyers GCN (FREE from GameStop)
TOTAL: $54.94

PURCHASED:
Twisted Metal: Head-On ($39.99 Value)
Wipeout Pure ($39.99 Value)
World Tour Soccer ($39.99 Value)
TOTAL: FREE ($119.97 Value)

SAVED:
$65.03

My EBX already got word of classifying Jam Pack Volume 11 as POX. Also, my GameRush got rid of their stock of their exclusive Outlaw Golf games. So those were a no go. Now I have to return the 3 Jam Packs I purchased from Fry's. At least that'll put about $15.00 back in my pocket.

Also, my store associate was quite keen on only letting me get the games on the flyer. Oh well, I'll just trade them back in when Lumines, Metal Gear ACID, and Untold Legends are released.

Now the key is getting my PSP Value Pack from Best Buy at 8:01AM on Thursday. And if all goes well, I'll be able to get it for $200.00 via my cousin's Employee Discount. Come Thursday, I'll have a PSP and 3 Games for a grand total of $254.94. Just pure awesomeness.

WAIT.. do you need a cover to trade these in???!

i just bought like $15 worth from blockbuster and none of them have a cover, just white cases.

bread's done
Back