(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

FYI

Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot for the Xbox, though not on the POX list... is in EB's system as POX.

don't bother spending the 2.99 at blockbuster.... let it rot there where it belongs.

[quote name='Ragingbull2380']I bought 2 copies Outlaw golf extra nine holes for $3 and Cubix for GC for $5...not bad Twisted Metal Head On for $11[/quote]

Hmmm...

I've been trading in

Outlaw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of Xmas
a4_2.JPG

works like a charm.

there is one out there called

Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of Xmas
boxart_9h.jpg

anyone try just "9 Holes" shown above?

[quote name='gizmogc']My EB took both of those Outlaw Golf ones. I wonder if the Outlaw Volleyball will work?[/quote]
no.
outlaw volleyball is ON the POX list.
outlaw volleyball: red hot, though not on the list.... rings up in their system as POX.

Ok, so the ACTUAL game and the demo/additional courses thing does not work. Thats cool. I need to hit BB today and get some Outlaw Golfs....

today i traded in:

Outlaw golf 9 holes of x-mas (the first one)
eXhibiton vol. 4
Jampack 11

and got ape escape for free!

on another note, if you havnt already... check out www.pspforums.com and join up.... you can enter the contest to win a free UMD movie of your choice too!

[quote name='StealthySeal']today i traded in:

Outlaw golf 9 holes of x-mas (the first one)
eXhibiton vol. 4
Jampack 11

and got ape escape for free!

on another note, if you havnt already... check out www.pspforums.com and join up.... you can enter the contest to win a free UMD movie of your choice too![/quote]

Wow, talk about ALL demos!

oh, and the dudes at my EB will let me swap around my pre-order credit to w/e games i want... so im going back to put money on more games so i can walk out with ridge racer, untold legends, lumines, and the TM, ape escape, and wipeout i already have comming!

maybe i will grab NBA street for an extra 10 too

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Ragingbull2380']I bought 2 copies Outlaw golf extra nine holes for $3 and Cubix for GC for $5...not bad Twisted Metal Head On for $11[/quote]

Hmmm...

I've been trading in

Outlaw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of Xmas
a4_2.JPG

works like a charm.

there is one out there called

Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of Xmas
boxart_9h.jpg

anyone try just "9 Holes" shown above?[/quote]

WHAT THE CRAP!!!

ok... now i discovered a THIRD game in this series...

69_1_b.JPG

this one probably came first.....

so we have...
XBX Outlaw Golf - POX
XBX Outlaw Golf: Holiday Golf - UNCONFIRMED
XBX Outlaw Golf: Nine Holes of Xmas - UNCONFIRMED
XBX Outlaw Golf: Nine MORE Hole of Xmas - CONFIRMED as PO
XBX Outlaw Golf 2 - UNCONFIRMED

XBX Outlaw Volleyball - POX
XBX Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot - POX

What else am i missing?

I took credit off of ridge racer today and used the trade 3 to get gretzky, so by the time the system is released i should have 6 games. Damn I love EB trade in deals.

I went back to my local EB Games and changed the preorder of the games I used the deal on (trade 3 games, get a first-party PSP game). I cancelled the following PSP games:

Ape Escape: On the Loose
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails
Gretzky NHL
Wipeout Pure

And I got these games instead:

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Lumines
Metal Gear AC!D
Untold Legends

I kept Twisted Metal: Head On from my previous preorder. I plan to go back to EB Games and preorder Ape Escape and Wipeout Pure again.

[quote name='Socheata']I went back to my local EB Games and changed the preorder of the games I used the deal on (trade 3 games, get a first-party PSP game). I cancelled the following PSP games:

Gretzky NHL
Wipeout Pure

Lumines
Metal Gear AC!D
Untold Legends

I kept Twisted Metal: Head On from my previous preorder. I plan to go back to EB Games and preorder Ape Escape and Wipeout Pure again.[/quote]

Did they give you any shit about switching around the pre-orders?

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='Socheata']I went back to my local EB Games and changed the preorder of the games I used the deal on (trade 3 games, get a first-party PSP game). I cancelled the following PSP games:

Gretzky NHL
Wipeout Pure

Lumines
Metal Gear AC!D
Untold Legends

I kept Twisted Metal: Head On from my previous preorder. I plan to go back to EB Games and preorder Ape Escape and Wipeout Pure again.[/quote]

Did they give you any shit about switching around the pre-orders?[/quote]

Nope, none at all. When I asked if I could cancel a few of my preordered games, and preorder different ones, the manager (he was training two new employees) said "no problem". He asked for my phone number, and asked me which ones I wanted to cancel and which games I wanted to preorder. I was in and out of there within a few minutes.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']You can also ask for one in the store. An employee actually gave it the rebate form even though I didn't know they had them in store. On a side note, he was very nice about the whole deal which doesn't seem to happen often at EB[/quote]

Is the one you get in the store different from the online form? http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebates/041505-PSPgames.asp The web form says you get a coupon code that can only be spent online.

I traded in:
Time Crisis 2
Silent Scope Complete(i borrowed this from my friend:)
Resident Evil Zero

For Wipeout Pure
This game better be good!!
god damn

I went to two blockbusters and neither had the outlaw golf game.

I did find one at gamestop though.

The funny thing is...EBgames is selling the golf game for $4.99, so I'm tempted to go in and buy some and come back a few days later to trade them in.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The xbox and GC versions of Future Tactics have apparently been moved to PO. They are $3.99 used/$4.99 new at gamestop.[/quote]

moved to PO?

do you have proof of this?

I just traded in Future Tactics on the cube, came up as PO! Couldn't find an XBOX version, the ps2 one is defeintly excluded.

edit: I said 'moved' because I thought I saw it on the exclusions list back in December. I know quite a games have since been taken off (Code Veronica X on ps2, Eternal Darkness, etc).

Which Baldur's Gate? The PS2 one is on there:

182669 BALDUR'S GATE PS2

Future Tactics is there for the PS2, but not GC or Xbox. Granted, in checking around, neigher EB, nor my 15 million local Gamestop's have any copies. Oh well.

[quote name='salmonaxxx'][quote name='YoshiFan1']You can also ask for one in the store. An employee actually gave it the rebate form even though I didn't know they had them in store. On a side note, he was very nice about the whole deal which doesn't seem to happen often at EB[/quote]

Is the one you get in the store different from the online form? http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebates/041505-PSPgames.asp The web form says you get a coupon code that can only be spent online.[/quote]

The one in store is differnent, it isn't for an online coupon code

wow thanks for the tip, i was just able to call EB and have them switch my pre-order from Twisted Metal to Untold Legends over the phone! That means if you call back later, its 3 trade in games for ANY $40 PSP game! Woo hoo!

Now, I'll go an pre-order twisted metal again with another 3 crappy games at another EB...

[quote name='fivecardstud']wow thanks for the tip, i was just able to call EB and have them switch my pre-order from Twisted Metal to Untold Legends over the phone! That means if you call back later, its 3 trade in games for ANY $40 PSP game! Woo hoo!

Now, I'll go an pre-order twisted metal again with another 3 crappy games at another EB...[/quote]

You could do it over the phone?! :shock:

I thought you can only do it in-store since they usually make you sign the receipt to confirm that you cancelled one preorder and used that credit on another.

[quote name='bisquit']when is the trade in 3 game deal going on too?[/quote]

It's going on right now. You can only select from first-party Sony PSP games (MLB, World Tour Soccer, NBA, Gretzky NHL, ATV Offroad Fury, Ape Escape, Wipeout Pure, and Twisted Metal : Head On). However, you can change your preorder in a few days to different games just to avoid suspicion. This offer expires April 10, 2005.

man I wanna get in on this deal so bad, but everytime I go to EB I come back pissed off from the way they treat me, dare I try one more time? If I go in I'll take with me

hitman contracts (XB)
auto modellista (xb)
jak 2 (ps2)

I also have manhunt ps2 and lupin ps2 but those are my backups

Wish me luck!

[quote name='soulwish2003']How many of you have traded in those '9 holes of...' Golf games? It really works? My Gamerush has a STACK OF THEM for 1.99.[/quote]

Wait, hold up. Does Ebgames accept multiple copies? And are these new or used?

Sorry if these are answered, I haven't been following this thread

i've traded in the "9 holes" outlaw game with no problems, but my EB doesn't accept multiple copies (they say the computer won't accept it, but i find that hard to believe). So I pad out my trade in's with a copy of Jampack V11 and another cheapo blockbuster game.

Traded in Holiday Golf from TRU, Exhibition 3 and Jampack 11 for Twisted Metal. I still have an extra Holiday Golf and Exhibition 4 left, I just gotta find either another Jampack 11 or a new Exhibition.

I wasn't able to trade in Outlaw Golf. The one with the ribbon across the cover. They said it wasn't coming up in the computer. Neither PO or POX. Exhibition Volume 3 worked fine though. I bought a new Jampack 11 today though so I'm gonna go back tomorrow and trade-in for another game.

oh btw...Wario64. Jampack 11 is the only Jampack that will work. Whereas, Xbox Exhibition Volume 3 and up will work.

With the Gamestop 2 for 1 deal, here are some pretty cheap PO titles:
Malice ps2 $8.99
Ribbit King gc $8.99
Pulse Racer xbox $7.99
Buffy the Vampire Slayer $8.99

Please list some more if you find any.

Alright just went to BB with the POX list in hand and paid 10$ for each game plus b2g1 deal. Let me know if anybody has ran into problems with any of these games.

SSX Tricky GC
Dragon Liar 3d GC
MLS Extreme 2002 XB
Total Immersion Racing (bought 2) XB
Pulse Racer XB

Now I'm going to try and find the jampck 11 or exb 3 or higher. I think I rember somebody saying jampack 11 is at walmart is that right?

Alright just went to BB with the POX list in hand and paid 10$ for each game plus b2g1 deal. Let me know if anybody has ran into problems with any of these games.

SSX Tricky GC
Dragon Liar 3d GC
MLS Extreme 2002 XB
Pulse Racer XB

Now I'm going to try and find the jampck 11 or exb 3 or higher. I think I rember somebody saying jampack 11 is at walmart is that right?

Correct....

[quote name='generalpatton71']Alright just went to BB with the POX list in hand and paid 10$ for each game plus b2g1 deal. Let me know if anybody has ran into problems with any of these games.

SSX Tricky GC
Dragon Liar 3d GC
MLS Extreme 2002 XB
Pulse Racer XB

Now I'm going to try and find the jampck 11 or exb 3 or higher. I think I rember somebody saying jampack 11 is at walmart is that right?[/quote]

Jampack 11s are kind of distributed weirdly in my area. One Circuit City has stacks and stacks of them, and other CCs have zero. So if you can't find it at one CC, BB or Kmart, check another branch.

It's good to hear that Xbox Exhibition 3 works; there's a open display copy at CompUSA, but I've been leery of it since it's non-refundable.

[quote name='generalpatton71']Alright just went to BB with the POX list in hand and paid 10$ for each game plus b2g1 deal. Let me know if anybody has ran into problems with any of these games.

SSX Tricky GC
Dragon Liar 3d GC
MLS Extreme 2002 XB
Pulse Racer XB

Now I'm going to try and find the jampck 11 or exb 3 or higher. I think I rember somebody saying jampack 11 is at walmart is that right?[/quote]

I had no trouble, whatsoever, with trading in SSX Tricky for GameCube. I know someone earlier in the thread stated that they traded in Pulse Racer, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

The EB employee wouldn't give me the 3 for 1 deal. His logic was since he'd never heard of the promotion, it wasn't active. I offered to tell him the promo code, but he didn't care.

[quote name='eskimo']The EB employee wouldn't give me the 3 for 1 deal. His logic was since he'd never heard of the promotion, it wasn't active. I offered to tell him the promo code, but he didn't care.[/quote]

yeah, but the customer is always right... right? :?

[quote name='eskimo']The EB employee wouldn't give me the 3 for 1 deal. His logic was since he'd never heard of the promotion, it wasn't active. I offered to tell him the promo code, but he didn't care.[/quote]

They should have flyers in the store...

bread's done
Back