Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

[quote name='quadomatic']I don't think we can count on a TRU deal just cuz they had one on Super Mario Galaxy...[/quote]

Well you don't have to count on it, but I'm going to bank on it! :lol:
Seriously though, I can only hope that a sweet deal comes around beforehand otherwise I'll probably be pre-ordering through Circuit City to get the $10 GC.

why do people keep mentioning the pimp my ride thing, I thought you guys would be flipping them since they are at like 7.50 but my gamecrazies and ebs gave me super low prices. Do you guys know something i don't?

[quote name='squirrelboy']why do people keep mentioning the pimp my ride thing, I thought you guys would be flipping them since they are at like 7.50 but my gamecrazies and ebs gave me super low prices. Do you guys know something i don't?[/quote]

We know GameRush always gives high trade prices.

as in what do you mean by getting back 60 for 4 coppies of that game I called and was told I would get like $4 bucks

im wondering is it possible to pm a 10% coupon. at CC, and still get a $10 gift card at pickup time? This + Gamers card=Win.(too bad i don't have one)

[quote name='SpitFire158']Is Gamerush a northern thing b/c i don't have any down here in FL[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamerush.com/gamerush.php

GameRush store locater. I guess it depends on the area you live in. I've got 3 within 25 miles of me.

But if I type in my old zip 07733, the closest ones are in Staten Island

[quote name='NidoGod']keep your $10 on it, when it comes out cancel your preorder, get $10 back, then just buy your copy with coupon. Its a little dirty but its worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I remember I was able to use my coupon on SMG at gamespot even though I preordered it without cancelling anything.

[quote name='quadomatic']I don't think we can count on a TRU deal just cuz they had one on Super Mario Galaxy...[/QUOTE]

Deal or no deal (pardon the pun) I'll be picking this up at TRU with my GC.

[quote name='briandadude']I pre-ordered my copy the other day at Circuit City.

I used my gamer's card to save 10% and then you get a $10 gift card when you pick it up.[/quote]

ditto... I wish I could use the $10 gc towards the game...

Just reserved @ Gamestop.

Traded in RE4 (Wii) and Ghost Squad (Wii)
Prices :
RE4 - $11 (down from $18 on the Wiki)
GS - $11 (same as on the Wiki)

Got the extra $10 bucks that Gamestop is giving when you trade in 2 x Wii/PS3/Xbox 360 games + the 20% towards Super Smash Bros Brawl. EXTREMELY YMMV on that one as the clerk did some creative trade in/ring up.

In the end I owe just a little above $10 bucks for Brawl when it comes out in the next couple weeks. :)

[quote name='VictimofGrief']Just reserved @ Gamestop.

Traded in RE4 (Wii) and Ghost Squad (Wii)
Prices :
RE4 - $11 (down from $18 on the Wiki)
GS - $11 (same as on the Wiki)

Got the extra $10 bucks that Gamestop is giving when you trade in 2 x Wii/PS3/Xbox 360 games + the 20% towards Super Smash Bros Brawl. EXTREMELY YMMV on that one as the clerk did some creative trade in/ring up.[/quote]
You could have just taken the $10 as trade-in credit, then applied the credit towards the pre-order as a separate transaction therefore legitimately getting that same deal. It's a little messier but someone mentioned that process earlier in the thread and there's no reason it wouldn't work.

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']You could have just taken the $10 as trade-in credit, then applied the credit towards the pre-order as a separate transaction therefore legitimately getting that same deal. It's a little messier but someone mentioned that process earlier in the thread and there's no reason it wouldn't work.[/quote]

one of my friends preordered his at the gamestop here in cerritos, ca. they said they're giving away little plush dolls for preordering. probably YMMV, but any other gamestops offering this anywhere else?

[quote name='jeremywoods']one of my friends preordered his at the gamestop here in cerritos, ca. they said they're giving away little plush dolls for preordering. probably YMMV, but any other gamestops offering this anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's YMMV, I saw the plushes in an email, not sure what the deal was though, it might of been preorder.

BTW Love the Sig, where did u find that?

[quote name='jeremywoods']one of my friends preordered his at the gamestop here in cerritos, ca. they said they're giving away little plush dolls for preordering. probably YMMV, but any other gamestops offering this anywhere else?[/quote]

I heard about this yesterday. Basically what they are doing is instead of giving you $5.00 off the plush toy when you reserve SSBB, they are selling the toy for $10.00 and giving you a "free" reservation for SSBB.

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']You could have just taken the $10 as trade-in credit, then applied the credit towards the pre-order as a separate transaction therefore legitimately getting that same deal. It's a little messier but someone mentioned that process earlier in the thread and there's no reason it wouldn't work.[/quote]
Depends. I've heard here and other places that they weren't allowing that due to the clerk being difficult.

[quote name='VictimofGrief']Depends. I've heard here and other places that they weren't allowing that due to the clerk being difficult.[/quote]
It's not possible to come back later or pre-order a different day?

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']It's not possible to come back later or pre-order a different day?[/quote]

You can in some cases but IMO, it's just easier to do everything up front.

[quote name='NAmato']I crossed the border to NH last weekend (no sales tax!) and picked up a Wii at the Salem TRU. The employees were pushing Brawl pre-orders pretty hard claiming they already had taken over 180 and didn't plan on being able to get more than around 200 copies, "if you don't pre-order it you won't get it" blah blah blah. However, they claimed if you put down the $5 for the pre-order, you could get any other in stock Wii game 50% off when you pick up and pay for Brawl (I believe they said it had to be within the week following the release date). Checked quickly online and found no mention of this deal elsewhere so highly YMMV...but it can't hurt to ask.[/quote]

Thanks for the info I'll check this weekend

[quote name='quadomatic']Anyone find anything else?[/quote]

I found out that those plushies look fucking horrible. I swear, the Wario has his eyebrows connected to his mustache...

I was considering picking one up.... but by god avoid those things

If you pre-order Brawl at Circuit City, is the $5 deposit toward your purchase? I'm deciding whether to buy Brawl at Circuit City or Game Stop.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']If you pre-order Brawl at Circuit City, is the $5 deposit toward your purchase? I'm deciding whether to buy Brawl at Circuit City or Game Stop.[/quote]

Ya it's toward the purchase. I had a choice of paying either $5 or all of it but i choose to pay only $5 now.

Starting Monday Gamestop is offering a trade 2 Wii titles and get Brawl for $10 special. Obvious exclusions apply but I'm not sure of the exact wording and exclusion list. The email said we'd be getting flyers this weekend or early next week.

EDIT: Just saw the thread on the front page, lol I fail.

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']Starting Monday Gamestop is offering a trade 2 Wii titles and get Brawl for $10 special. Obvious exclusions apply but I'm not sure of the exact wording and exclusion list. The email said we'd be getting flyers this weekend or early next week.

EDIT: Just saw the thread on the front page, lol I fail.[/QUOTE]

Too bad I only have 3 wii games... :(

Lolmister, my gamestop said you could get the 10% bonus trade in and the 10% edge with that, but that 20% trade in supposedly stopped (30% with edge card).

When Mario Galaxies came out, TRU gave away a 25$ giftcard when you picked up your pre-order. Nobody who pre-ordered knew about it, any idea if TRU is giving away something free like that this time?

[quote name='dyeknom']Lolmister, my gamestop said you could get the 10% bonus trade in and the 10% edge with that, but that 20% trade in supposedly stopped (30% with edge card).

When Mario Galaxies came out, TRU gave away a 25$ giftcard when you picked up your pre-order. Nobody who pre-ordered knew about it, any idea if TRU is giving away something free like that this time?[/QUOTE]

its a little early to tell

[quote name='dyeknom']Lolmister, my gamestop said you could get the 10% bonus trade in and the 10% edge with that, but that 20% trade in supposedly stopped (30% with edge card).[/quote]
What 10% bonus trade in? I'm talking about $10 extra when you trade in 2 games. But I'm guessing that it can't be combined right? Kinda a stupid question anyway

[quote name='lolmister']What 10% bonus trade in? I'm talking about $10 extra when you trade in 2 games. But I'm guessing that it can't be combined right? Kinda a stupid question anyway[/quote]

Can't combine offers, but you might as well try to anyway.

YMMV, at best. Some employees might do it, most won't.

no they won't let you

[quote name='lolmister']Anyone know if you can combine the 20% extra trade in credit and the trade in 2 games and get $10 extra deal?[/quote]

I'm not holding my breath for a TRU $25 gc, I went with the circuit city free $10 gc deal today. If your on the edge about the Circuit city deal i advise u move soon since its set to expire soon. this whole notion that TRU is going to do another free $25gc is kind of ridiculous, but who knows.

ill just pre-order over in tru and cc and see which is better and cancel the suckie deal! and get my
money back

[quote name='burningrom2']how do you conclude it expires 3/8, pre orders end on 3/8 beacause the game releases on 3/9 but I don't see reason to believe that CC will offer the gift card until then. i think they will, but I wouldn't assume for sure.[/quote]

The webpage specifically reads, "Free $10 Gift Card with Pre-Order! Offer ends 3/8/08!"

[quote name='beerme']Amazon dropped the price on this. Now its only $49.79. You're welcome.:cool:[/quote]

Sweet. Saving 20 cents. Only 85 cents away from a burger from Mcdonald :applause:

[quote name='djkunai']Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride at Circuit City for $30 and trade them into GameRush for $60 to pay off your copy.[/quote]

That won't work!!

1) Pimp is now $15 again. (It was $7.50 on President's Day, so you need a time machine for this one!).

2) Pimp is just too damn AWESOME to sell!!!!! I MEAN COME ON!!! IT HAS PIMPIN'!!! AND RIDES!!! Woooooooooooo!!!

I think you should burn Pimp if you have a copy. The gods would probably be pleased and offer you some sort of luck.

What do you guys think? :roll:

[quote name='iceblast21']2) Pimp is just too damn AWESOME to sell!!!!! I MEAN COME ON!!! IT HAS PIMPIN'!!! AND RIDES!!! Woooooooooooo!!![/quote]

Don't forget about Ghost Ridin' the Whip. :D

I won't bitting on any of these preorder deals until I see the details for Nintendo World Store event. With a game of this magnitude, I'm expecting a huge launch party. I hope they give out some free swag.

bread's done
Back