Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

I pre-ordered this game at CC's website, but just recently found out that you may be able to get the same deal ($10 GC) if you go in-store..Should I cancel the pre-order and re-pre-order (lol) in-store so I can get this game on Sunday? The GC has already been shipped out, but I haven't received it.

I ordered from CC in-store to get the deal so that I could save another 10% and to hopefully get it sooner. I had a little difficulty finding them, but there were preorder inserts on an aisle cap in the video game section that had inserts for God of War and Brawl. The insert clearly stated that you would get a $10 gift card when you picked up the game.

Some Pokemon news sites and Smash fan sites are reporting that Sears put them out yesterday mistakenly. Checked mine, but they didn't have any.

[quote name='Snowball21']Some Pokemon news sites and Smash fan sites are reporting that Sears put them out yesterday mistakenly. Checked mine, but they didn't have any.[/quote]

Two local Sears have them in, but won't sell them. :cry:

That seems to be the case. I called some Sears last night, and one said they might have some in tomorrow (which is today now). Paid them a visit on my way to CC to preorder. Looked like they were stocking the shelves, but no Brawl in sight. On my way back, I called that store, and they said it's for pre-order only.

News gets to corporate pretty fast, even for Sears.

btw, that particular CC i went to, I was declined a pre-order.. WTF is all I can think. The rep that was looking for a pre-order ticket couldn't find any, and the one on the register said they can't sell anymore. Even though it's not a busy CC at all. Wish I had a knowledgable rep that could have used their own web site as a reference, instead of a new one (I know she's new, because I was in store when she was being introduced to a manager 1-2 weeks ago).

[quote name='trip1eX']I have to get my son this game. IS the extra 20% on trade-ins deal still going on?[/quote]

Ended already. The "Trade 2 Select Wii Titles to Purchase Brawl for $10," offer took its place.

[quote name='Bavgate']Ended already. The "Trade 2 Select Wii Titles to Purchase Brawl for $10," offer took its place.[/quote]

Yeah, they have new Power Trades now: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Soul Calibur IV and GTA IV. 20% on trades toward the pre-order.

Can't use a $10 gift card to preorder SSMB online, because of the gift card listed in the shopping cart. Talked to a CSR over the phone, who said that I can't use a GC period (only a credit card), because its a preorder, and you're not charged until its shipped.

CSR: "Well, you can use the gift card for a future purchase"

...Apparently not, since the gift card I'm trying to use to get this is the "future purchase" from a previous offer. Great, now I'll have 2 gift cards I can't use on a future purchase the next time CC has a deal like this. Lame. :roll:

Pssh! I'm just going to trade in my WarioWare title and buy HeatSeeker for like 12 bucks. Then I will only have to pay 10 which will be paid by a reservation. Brings my total to like 22+tax.

Easy \\:D/

[quote name='zerosN1s']btw, that particular CC i went to, I was declined a pre-order.. WTF is all I can think. The rep that was looking for a pre-order ticket couldn't find any, and the one on the register said they can't sell anymore. Even though it's not a busy CC at all. [/quote]

That is probably because they ran out of preorders. Stores stop taking preorders when they find out how big their shipments are. That CC is only receiving so many Brawls, and every one of those has already been reserved, even if it isn't very busy.

I'd recommend trying to find another store still taking preorders before you find yourself out of luck.

[quote name='CombatCraig']You mean this thread ;)

It's gotten buried on page 3[/quote]

My bad. I hate when the threads get buried!

Super Smash Bros. Trade-up offerTrade in 2 WII games from the group below towards the reservation or purchase of Super Smash Bros Brawl and pay only $9.99!

Select Games: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Brunswick Pro Bowling, Carnival Games, Cooking Mama: Cook Off, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Excite Truck, FIFA Soccer 08, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Heatseeker, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Madden NFL 08, Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, MLB Power Pros, My Sims, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, NBA Live 08, Need for Speed: Pro Street, NiGHTS, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Scarface, The Simpsons Game, Sims 2: Castaway, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Thrillville, Tiger Woods 2008, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Expires: 3/16/2008. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks.

Really good deal!! sorry if old

[quote name='XxSmityxX']THANKS for the repost on the front page?????????

Next time scrool down alittle further before posting.[/quote]

well, I dont see any topics about the deal. I only see a topic about the weekly ad which is a little different. It would be nice if you could post the link :)

[quote name='chelosera91']well, I dont see any topics about the deal. I only see a topic about the weekly ad which is a little different. It would be nice if you could post the link :)[/quote]

NOOB sauce.

[quote name='chelosera91']Super Smash Bros. Trade-up offerTrade in 2 WII games from the group below towards the reservation or purchase of Super Smash Bros Brawl and pay only $9.99!

Select Games: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Brunswick Pro Bowling, Carnival Games, Cooking Mama: Cook Off, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Excite Truck, FIFA Soccer 08, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Heatseeker, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Madden NFL 08, Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, MLB Power Pros, My Sims, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, NBA Live 08, Need for Speed: Pro Street, NiGHTS, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Scarface, The Simpsons Game, Sims 2: Castaway, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Thrillville, Tiger Woods 2008, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Expires: 3/16/2008. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks.

Really good deal!! sorry if old[/QUOTE]

how good of a deal is this really. What is the cheapest vaule of the 2 games that you need to trade it. It seems like you could dump the 2 games on ebay for more and just buy the game

[quote name='georox']Needs more !'s to show how AWESOME a deal it is from the BEST store in the world.[/quote]

I really hope your being sarcastic!

[quote name='slidecage']how good of a deal is this really. What is the cheapest vaule of the 2 games that you need to trade it. It seems like you could dump the 2 games on ebay for more and just buy the game[/quote]

I was thinking about it recently and any of the 2 games that are listed you could probably trade in and get the extra $10 deal and have more than $50 to cover the preorder.

Thanks for posting all the 10% off codes. I was going to get it from Target since I get 10% off anything because I work there. So I walked into Gamestop yesterday to get money back from my reservation and the guy looked at me and asked......is there any reason why you don't want it? I told him the situation, and he offered me 15% off just to get it from them. I guess they weren't selling much that day and couldn't afford to lose any more. Anyway I hope that 10% off coupon will stack.

I'm going to hit up TRU tomorrow. Hopefully I can either get NMH for 50 percent off, or a game worth enough to flip to get NHM cheap.

[quote name='help1']I'm going to hit up TRU tomorrow. Hopefully I can either get NMH for 50 percent off, or a game worth enough to flip to get NHM cheap.[/QUOTE]

I think the OP stated in this thread, it was only on select Wii games. These ones to be more specific:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ($50)
Bee Movie($40)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (i think $40)
Zack and Wiki ($30)
The Spiderwick Chronicles ($50)
MySims ($50)

How do I use a 10% off coupon at GS? Do I just leave 5 bux for the reserve then give them the coupon when i pick it up and pay for full in order to get the discount?

Gamestop has little icons throughout the site claiming to be easter eggs for Super Smash Bros Brawl and if you collect them all you get free overnight shipping! Well big surprise, the coupon code is: NINTENDO. Enter this at checkout and you will receive free overnight shipping on your order of Super Smash Bros.!

serious question. What good is it to buy from gamestop online when you can find the game in stores and not wait even if it comes in same day? Just curious why people will opt for this way. I guess.. if you have a coupon or something it'd be good idea.

This isn't the greatest deal honestly. The game's street date is Sunday March 9th. The game will not delivered to your house until Monday March 10th. So if you want to wait an entire extra day to play the game, go ahead and order it online. Quite a few Gamestop stores are opening at Midnight on Saturday Night to allow you to pick up the game.

[quote name='aznguyen316']serious question. What good is it to buy from gamestop online when you can find the game in stores and not wait even if it comes in same day? Just curious why people will opt for this way. I guess.. if you have a coupon or something it'd be good idea.[/quote]

Some people are busy and don't have always have the time to hit up a store, even if it is close. If they really want to make sure they can get their hands on the game the day it comes out, well, here you go. I almost always get in on those free overnight shipping deals. I am guaranteed that the game will be waiting for me when I get home that day. Not too bad.

[quote name='aznguyen316']serious question. What good is it to buy from gamestop online when you can find the game in stores and not wait even if it comes in same day? Just curious why people will opt for this way. I guess.. if you have a coupon or something it'd be good idea.[/quote]

With very popular titles, it is not a guarantee that they would be in-stock at the store at release, unless you pre-order (which costs extra money; I wouldn't know how much since I've never done it).

In my experience in buying games from stores on release dates, which I do have quite a bit of experience in, the most likely scenario -if one doesn't spend extra money on pre-ordering- is going from store to store to store hoping to find whatever new game in stock. I've also had many times in which a store had not even had the game available for purchase yet. Also, I've found that the game availability status on a store's website is not too reliable.

I've experienced the not-in-stock/not-yet-received thing at every major game retailer in my history of game buying. If I had to throw a number out, I'd say I was able to get a game hassle-free on release date about 20% of the time out of maybe, 50 or so times.

I've recently started to order games online to:
-Relieve stress of having to go search
-Be able to spend that time doing something more productive, like work
-Save gas
-Generally pay less than driving out to purchase

Mainly, it's a matter of convenience for some of the busier gamers. I'd like to add that I have a Best Buy, a Toys'R'Us, a Wal-Mart, a Target, ~6 Gamestops, and a shopping mall within one mile of my house...and it's still more convenient to go online. Stores are so unreliable. ...Also, a Gamestop warehouse/distribution center is located like 3 miles away from me. I always get my games super fast. Had a FFXII arrive half a week before its release date. Not expecting this of Brawl, but I can wait anyway.

Pre-ordering games from a store does not cost extra. You have to put money down (usually $5 in most places), but that gets deducted from the final cost.

[quote name='vi3tmix']Is this seriously working? Because if it is...sweet. Brawl for essentially less than $30, I'm surprised more people aren't all over it.[/QUOTE]

Your math is faulty. Two copies of Heatseeker ($15ish each = $30 ish) + $9.99 = Brawl ($39.99ish + tax). Nothing to really write home about.

Fry's will probably have it for roughly that, and with less leg work.

I assume that we shouldn't be getting any promotion concerning SSBB from our major retailers such as CC,TRu,target,BB and others for quiet time. Cu the game doesn't need promotion to sell.

But, that's what we assume when mario galaxy promotion from TRU blew is away.

I'm still waitng for next weeks ad of target and
bb. And see what they have.

I'll buy the game one day of its release, keep the receipt, and return it within 30days if any of the retailers, or anyway I can get it back cheap.

That way, I can still get it at 'promotion' price

Just like a true cheapass gamer

I hate leaving the house.

And with many, non-street dated games, stores like Best Buy often don't get the games as early as Gamestop. I hate going into a smelly, scummy, Gamestop. I'm more than willing to come home from work and have my game sitting on the doorstep waiting for me to play it.

bread's done
Back