Deathsmiles (Xbox 360 standard ed) $9.99 w/ Free Shipping at Newegg

[quote name='plus1zero']How is this game? Looked interesting enough, but if it's Ikaruga hard I don't feel like getting into it[/QUOTE]

It's not Ikaruga hard. You can choose your difficulty level for each stage. Level 1, 2, 3, or 999. Level 999... is very very hard. Level 1, though, I was able to one credit clear with all four characters, and I'm only human. However, if you want it to be hard, and you want to attack the leaderboards, boy howdy, it can be if you set it that way.

Also, this game is extremely fun. I got it for $30, loved it.

Well theres no game over so in that sense it isnt that hard. If you wanted to beat the whole game without a game over then that's something I've never done. To play all the levels takes about 20-25 mins.

I bit on the standard edition...really wanted the music CD but not really worth getting a useless faceplate and huge packaging for $5 more.

Never thought I'd play this but the price was too good to pass up! :eek:

[quote name='SinnerChrno']Never thought I'd play this but the price was too good to pass up! :eek:[/QUOTE]

I can promise you that you won't be disappointed. Talked my brother into picking up a copy and he's had a blast with it.

Anyone who's on the fence -- pick this game up! I'm tellin' ya, $10 is a steal.

[quote name='LordFlux']I can promise you that you won't be disappointed. Talked my brother into picking up a copy and he's had a blast with it.

Anyone who's on the fence -- pick this game up! I'm tellin' ya, $10 is a steal.[/QUOTE]

I figure I might as well use my shoprunner 2 day shipping, ordered one. I figure if nothing else I can get my money back. Looking forward to it!

[quote name='thegame85']Well theres no game over so in that sense it isnt that hard. If you wanted to beat the whole game without a game over then that's something I've never done. To play all the levels takes about 20-25 mins.[/QUOTE]

Shmups are about the high score and 1cc achievements... that will take you more than 20-25 minutes at the higher difficulties. It's definitely worth $10 if you're curious. Ikaruga was a vertical scroller, this one is horizontal scrolling. Paying an extra $5 for the soundtrack is a nice bonus if you're into that kind of thing.

[quote name='luan87us']If i have this game on ipad should I buy the console version as well? Not sure if they're any different. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Although the Ipad Cave shmups are supposed to be very good, I would personally prefer to play on a big screen with actual controllers. Same goes for Dodonpachi Resurrection, which is available for about $25 from the UK and is region-free on the 360.

But for a measly $10 at Newegg, how can you go wrong? That's a steal for a good quality shmup, and a U.S. release to boot!

What are the achievements like in this game? Is it the kind of game you play for a couple hours and only have 30 gamerscore?

I'm not a big schmup fan, but remember kinda enjoying the demo for this. If I can get like 500 kinda easy gamerscore, I'll probably jump on it.

I was on the fence about this forever, and almost bought the XBL copy a couple of times.

Glad I held out.

I love this forum.

[quote name='Hoffer']What are the achievements like in this game? Is it the kind of game you play for a couple hours and only have 30 gamerscore?

I'm not a big schmup fan, but remember kinda enjoying the demo for this. If I can get like 500 kinda easy gamerscore, I'll probably jump on it.[/QUOTE]

Most of this game's points are extremely easy. You'll get a few hundred just for playing it through, and it has unlimited continues. There are also achievements for each ending for each of the four characters, so that's another 8 easy ones. You'll probably get 700 or so with pretty much no effort.

Then, there are some tough ones that you'll really have to work for. One credit clears for each character, for example.

You will not get 1000.

[quote name='mkelehan']You will not get 1000.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd say that's about right judging by the 0.15% completion rate on TA. The hardest achievement has been won by four whole people. :cold:

My achievement addiction is all about the points. I don't care about the percentage completion.

Off to order a copy now. :)

bread's done
Back