Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JrHu92']How reliable is BBuy's online availability? If it is reliable then no stores around me have GH Smash hits[/QUOTE]

My store tracker said no copies of 360 version at a particular store, when I went there, there were 2 sitting right there. U can always call.

I have a Rock Band guitar, will it work with Guitar Hero Smash Hits? I bought Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock and it did not work! xbox 360...

Just got back from Best Buy. The online availability said none for a 360 version of GH Smash Hits, but I went anyway, they had 2. Picked it up. $19.99 on sale, plus $10 off RZ coupon, plus $5 off coupon from GH5, walked out with it for $5.64 including tax! Hell yea!

worked for me in rochester, ny!!!!! smash hits 9.99!!! had like 5 more!!! got denied a pm of red riding hood zombie bbq ds, guy was b.s.ing me, so i said f*ck it! also got snoop dogg cd for 7.99!! lol! saw deadly creatures and trauma center 2 for 14.99 and 19.99 but didn't have enough loot on me!

Thanks for pointing out the $5 off coupon I'm going to try for that. Holding out on Fairytale Fights til last minute hoping I can get a little better deal.

I had alot of problems, though they weren't caused by any jerk employees/managers. I went to a register that just opened, and the register was broken, so I had to go to a different one. Then the rebate wouldn't work because its not from BBY, so the cashier had to have another cashier explain how to get it to work. Then the coupon wouldn't apply, so the transaction had to be voided and redone by the manager. Then to top it off, I used the RFID in my Credit Card to pay, and it wouldn't let me use wireless payment on the transaction. But in the end I got my GH:SH for $5+tax, so I was happy despite the wait, lol.

Picked up the only copy of Smash hits for $9.99 in Gainesville, FL. CSR had to come and adjust the price on Fairy Tale Fights (got it for $15.99).

For those that picked up FTF go to: http://www.fairytalefights.com/dlc/ to register for free DLC. I think there is only a few weeks left to do so

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jely']It came in Guitar Hero 5.[/QUOTE]

SOME copies of GH5 came with the $5 off coupon... not all.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']For the people using the $5 GH coupon: are you using an actual copy from a GH game or a print out of the coupon that was posted on here?[/QUOTE]

I used the actual copy that came with GH5.

Wow, this thread is ridiculous, everyone buying full into rumors and nonsense when all of the info is already in the thread. I'm pretty sure the Pokemon coupon is for another week.

[quote name='oasisboy']I have a Rock Band guitar, will it work with Guitar Hero Smash Hits? I bought Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock and it did not work! xbox 360...[/QUOTE]

IIRC, RB guitars do NOT work with GH. GH guitars do work with RB however.

[quote name='powercreep']IIRC, RB guitars do NOT work with GH. GH guitars do work with RB however.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, RB guitars work, just not with Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']has anyone printed out coupon $5 off from page 21 and used the $10 coupon to get smash hits for 4.99?[/QUOTE]

ridiculous thread and very lazy posts
read and your answer will appear

[quote name='evildeadjedi']For the people using the $5 GH coupon: are you using an actual copy from a GH game or a print out of the coupon that was posted on here?[/QUOTE]

has anyone had any success using a printed out copy + $10 off?

Hmmm i just looked and the rewardzone site has a coupon for 20 dollar gift card when buying 2 games 39.99 and up. Would i be able to use this coupon + my 15 dollars off reward zone coupon i have coming in the mail? If so i could get 80 dollars in games for 45 dollars.

It also says "Not valid on sale prices and any other promotions except for Gamers Bonus Points." Does that mean if littlebigplanet was on sale for 50 bucks, i couldnt use it on that?

The 10 dollar coupon worked without a problem on GH:SH at the Best Buy on 86th and Lexington in NYC. Stacked it with the hard copy of the $5 coupon from DJ Hero. Cashier didn't ask any questions.

Cool, do they make 15 dollar coupons? Or am i getting two coupons worth 10 and 5. Hope i can use them both at once if they do. Ive never seen a 15 dollar coupon before, but the website says "$15 Reward Zone Certificate" as what they sent me.

The cashier used both both coupons without a problem for Guitar Hero: Smash Hits at the Gresham location. I ended up paying $4.99 (no tax in Oregon) for the game. My $5 off coupon came from DJ Hero.

[quote name='powercreep']IIRC, RB guitars do NOT work with GH. GH guitars do work with RB however.[/QUOTE]

360 RB guitars will work with all GH games EXCEPT GH2 and GH3. You'll be fine with Smash Hits, Metallica, GH5, World Tour, Van Halen, Band Hero, etc etc.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']has anyone had any success using a printed out copy + $10 off?[/QUOTE]Well, I wrote this 2 pages back:
[quote name='reapersaurus']Thanks to the OP and others, since I was able to print out the $5 GH coupon (blew it up 300%) and the cashier took both with no problems.
GH:SH for $5! Woo![/QUOTE]

[quote name='BeauNER']The cashier used both both coupons without a problem for Guitar Hero: Smash Hits at the Gresham location. I ended up paying $4.99 (no tax in Oregon) for the game. My $5 off coupon came from DJ Hero.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me in San Carlos, CA...except the no tax part :p

No problem using BB coupon to get GHSH 360 for $10. Cashier scanned game, RZ card, coupon, discount appeared on screen - no overrides required.

Impressed with the person who got a copy of the $5 coupon honored; would be fun to see what happens when BB tries to send that in to be reimbursed - if they bother.

If I used the 10% off coupon on Zelda: Spirit Tracks, would that void the bonus 150 RZ gamer points for buying the game?

Sounds like a dumb question, but better to confirm first, right?

Quick question for those of you who grabbed multiples of GH: SH: did they have to re-scan the coupon for each copy, or did it automatically apply to up to 3 copies?

If anyone here cannot get a copy of the game locally and wants the Guitar Hero Smash Hits Export Code, let me know. I will trade for a Band Hero Export Code or a Lego Rock Band Export Code. I would also consider a paypal offer. Just let me know.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Someone get us a Pokemon coupon!![/QUOTE]

Dude, the coupon is not up yet and its for Explorers of time or Darkness only. Sky is not included.

[quote name='bwrobins']If anyone here cannot get a copy of the game locally and wants the Guitar Hero Smash Hits Export Code, let me know. I will trade for a Band Hero Export Code or a Lego Rock Band Export Code. I would also consider a paypal offer. Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

Same here! (PS3)

[quote name='gantt']would be fun to see what happens when BB tries to send that in to be reimbursed - if they bother.[/QUOTE]

Why? Is there something in Activision's redemption policy against selling the game at a certain price?

[quote name='sgaldis']Quick question for those of you who grabbed multiples of GH: SH: did they have to re-scan the coupon for each copy, or did it automatically apply to up to 3 copies?[/QUOTE]

In the past on coupons like this, they've had to scan it for each copy, which is nuts. Dunno if they fixed it for this one, though. Sometimes if I know I'd be buying multiples I just bring multiple coupons and point out the limit on the coupon and go from there-- I find if you make things as straightforward/problem-free as possible it really helps.

(like today I checked out with a little stack of stuff-- RZ card, then the game, then the coupon.. and it worked with no hassle, cashier didn't bat an eye, etc-- since it was scanned in the right order)

[quote name='kodave']Why? Is there something in Activision's redemption policy against selling the game at a certain price?[/QUOTE]

No idea, but Activision has probably given instructions to their coupon processor to restrict redemptions according to the terms on the coupon, e.g. "void if copied."

Not sure someone said something about this, but there's a $20 gift card when you purchase 2 games that cost $39.99 and up. Check the gamer's club for more details.

Valid 12/13 - 12/19

There is a demo you can download. I was thinking of trying the game, but after I played the demo and found how bad the controls are, I passed. It uses twin stick for melée combat. Not a good combination when you are surrounded by enemies and can't see what you're doing.

[quote name='Wario64']Wrong, RB guitars work, just not with Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith.[/QUOTE]

This is only the case for Xbox 360 and PS3. The Wii does not allow RB Guitars in any of the GH games.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sadly, many CAGs fail to grasp basic math and don't understand that their time (going to Best Buy and then going to the post office to mail the games into Amazon), postal supplies and gas plus wear and tear on their cars actually has a value and that it is more than the several dollars short of the minimum wage they regularly value it at by pursuing these modest returns. I can sort of understand if it's a situation where there is a substantial increase in value with a flip (like $20 or more) or free games or an Amazon trade-in bonus, but going through all this effort for less than $7 if you're in a state with tax is just plain foolish.[/QUOTE]

Just for the record:
- Best Buy = 6 minute round trip drive from my work, 10 minutes to check out
- UPS = UPS drop boxes _everywhere_ - I just drop mine at work, 2 minute walk, but there's also one in the same shopping center as BB
- Amazon = can trade in up to 3 copies at one time ($10.75 after tax = $6 profit x 3 = $18 (= free Dead Space :360: right now on amazon))
- Packaging material = reuse old Amazon box, time to pack maybe 2 minutes. Might need to buy tape if you never pack anything and maybe an ink cartridge for your printer if you never use it. That'll eat all that delightful profit right up.

20 minutes for $18 (credit) profit or (if you prefer) a free copy of a PH game on sale? Sure, why not - there's worse ways to spend a lunch break. If you consider AmazonBucks anything like real money, that's the equivalent of $54/hour unless I'm missing something major. I realize that not everyone's situation is even close to the convenience mine is, but the basic math wasn't that hard to do.

[quote name='lordopus99']This is only the case for Xbox 360 and PS3. The Wii does not allow RB Guitars in any of the GH games.[/QUOTE]

aren't on the Wii guitar's in essence "shells"?? I only have GH:WT, never seen a RB one, not sure how it could be different...freaking proprietary wii-mote and all has to be used, how does the game know?

Just use Google guys, its not that hard.

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

There, compatibility solved. The guitars for any games post-GHWT are the same as the GHWT guitar, only the bottom frets are digital instead of analog for supposedly higher performance.

If you have a Wii you were unfortunate enough to get any instruments for Rock Band, you're going to need to double up on plastic instruments if you want to play any GH games. Basically if you have GH instruments on Wii, you can play everything except for RB1, which isn't a huge loss.

I picked up 3 copies of GH: SH for $10 for both the Wii and :360: with no problem at the Strongsville, OH location. Very nice deal, especially for Christmas.

bread's done
Back