Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
Are stores pulling Smash Hits from the shelves so they don't have to honor the coupon? The two closest Best Buys to me had copies for all systems on their store locator, yet not a single copy for any system in-store and the employees said they sold out. The store locator still shows they have them in stock.

I'm sure they'll miraculously have plenty in stock again on Sunday.

I went to the GS nearby and looked at the gutted GH5 new/used copies on the wall and took out the "save $5 coupon" and then went across the street and used it on 2 copies for the ps3.

Winner winner, chicken fucking dinner!!

[quote name='GunstarRed']Are stores pulling Smash Hits from the shelves so they don't have to honor the coupon? The two closest Best Buys to me had copies for all systems on their store locator, yet not a single copy for any system in-store and the employees said they sold out. The store locator still shows they have them in stock.

I'm sure they'll miraculously have plenty in stock again on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Nope, if anything, I can't find an xbox version anywhere.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Are stores pulling Smash Hits from the shelves so they don't have to honor the coupon? The two closest Best Buys to me had copies for all systems on their store locator, yet not a single copy for any system in-store and the employees said they sold out. The store locator still shows they have them in stock.

I'm sure they'll miraculously have plenty in stock again on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put it past the scumbags there.

[quote name='sgaldis']Did they have to scan the barcode in for each copy of the game, or did one scan reduce the price of them all?[/QUOTE]

They just scan it once and it applies to all copies, up to 3.

I was wondering if it was worth the trouble to print the $5 coupon since with the dark colors it will look like crap.

Then I realized I actually have one of those coupons in my GH5 game - d'oh!

[quote name='jazzman']Don't mess with The One. If Neo wants to flip games, then it's because he is using his Amazon credit to corrupt the Matrix. ;)[/QUOTE]

No.............(Dramatic Long Pause)........................................
Amazon IS the matrix.

Pearland TX Best Buy off 288 near 518 had 10+ copies for 360 last night. I went in grabbed a copy, took it to the register where they scanned the game, then my coupon and it was $10.81 out the door in under 5 minutes without any questions or bullshit.

I snagged two 360 copies at the Columbus Circle BB in NYC. Looked like they had about 4-5 left. Employee was like "why is everyone buying so many of these." They were sold out for wii and didn't check for PS3. Going to check the LIC one tomorrow for a Wii copy.

Just another CAG confirming ability to use the 10$ RZ coupon with Smash Hits. Went in last night to the Salem, OR Best Buy and bought what appeared to be the last copy of 360 Smash Hits, went to checkout, and got it to ring up for 9.99 without a hitch.

I'm not sure Best Buy is pulling it so much as this is a really popular buy. (Or some folks out there feeling the need to buy and resell) I know I'd been interested in this title for quite some time (A lot of my fave songs from GH 1 / 2 / 3 are on here) but I could never justify the $60 (or 40 marked down by now) price range. 10$ was definitely the sweet spot. 5$ even moreso for those who got in on it.

I just check best buys trade in value for smash hits. its 17.50. can i buy smash hits for 9.99 and trade it back in to them and get a gift card for 17.50

I feel dumb asking, but didn't have the patience to read through the entire thread.

Can I use a $5 rewards certificate to make Smash Shits $4.99 before tax?

[quote name='Deuce-']I feel dumb asking, but didn't have the patience to read through the entire thread.

Can I use a $5 rewards certificate to make Smash Shits $4.99 before tax?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I did.

myrz.jpg

I almost wish there were two games at that price point I wanted.

[quote name='spidergraf']Dont forget these 20 gc w/ purchase of 2 games 39.99 and up. starts 12/13/09 link[/QUOTE]

That's not an awful deal, but it's at best the same discount as the TRU B1G1 50% if you buy two $40 games.

If you buy two $60 games, you're essentially paying $100 for the both of them, whereas the TRU deal would have you pay $90.

[quote name='elcheapo2']That's not an awful deal, but it's at best the same discount as the TRU B1G1 50% if you buy two $40 games.

If you buy two $60 games, you're essentially paying $100 for the both of them, whereas the TRU deal would have you pay $90.[/QUOTE]

I hate this line of thought. It is more like B2G1 50% off if buying $40 games. You are still paying full price for 2 games and getting $20 off something else. B1G1 50% at TRU is much better than this deal really (not that either is all that great).

I got a copy of GH at my local best buy with that coupon. Took the woman a minute to scan it and get the price taken off but no questions asked, no hassles and I was out. Though I thought it was ironic because the guy next to me was trying to get a camera and they wouldn't let him use a coupon because it was on sale :p

hmm looks like BB.com says the two stores near me are sold out on 360 copies of GH:SH. Is it worth checking the stores just in case or is the website usually always correct in showing available inventory?

the next closest BB store with a 360 copy is across town.. not sure if the drive is worth the $10 off lol.

BTW does anyone know if TRU accepts multiple game trade ins? I've got two copies of GHWT I wanna get rid.

^^it's pretty accurate. I bought the last copy of something from a store, 30 mins later when I got home, checked, it was Unavailable..

With that said, my store said unavailable and there was one copy left when I went the next day. I think it is just based on the stock counts in their system. If they aren't accurate, then the website won't be accurate.

my store had plenty of Guitar hero Smash Hits...
and both coupons worked (bb and $5) although i had to convince the lady that the 5 dollar one wasnt a best buy coupon but a manufacter one. because she wasn't going to do it at first.

and apparently in order to use your reward zone gift certificates, the purchase has to be over 5 bucks

[quote name='allure']I just check best buys trade in value for smash hits. its 17.50. can i buy smash hits for 9.99 and trade it back in to them and get a gift card for 17.50[/QUOTE]

Wait are you serious...?

yea you may want to get that quote before they take it off!!!!!!!!

hurry and abuse them...

Hmm i may do that! its a recession and people love Best buy gift Cards!

[quote name='maximumzero']
myrz.jpg

I almost wish there were two games at that price point I wanted.[/QUOTE]
coupon is effective just in time for the sabatuer to go back to msrp. Thanks BB!

[quote name='justoneuncle']With that said, my store said unavailable and there was one copy left when I went the next day. I think it is just based on the stock counts in their system. If they aren't accurate, then the website won't be accurate.[/QUOTE]

I think someone said before that if it's under 3 it is greyed out online.

I just picked up a PS3 copy @ my best buy. I tried to use both the $10 off coupon & $5 off (printed coupon) coupon, but only the BB $10 took. She was gonna check w/ a manager to see if they could override it or something, but potentially waiting another 15 minutes or so wasn't worth saving another $5. Plus there was a line quickly forming behind me.

I didn't realize that Amazon took dvd's for trade in as well as videogames. I'm offloading most of my dvd's on Amazon to fund purchasing a PS3. The only gaming access I have @ the moment is my gaming pc, ds lite, & PS1.

I can hardly wait to play Demon's Souls! SO MANY PS3 games coming out next year, plus quite a decent back catalog of PS3 games for me to catch up on.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']Wait are you serious...?

yea you may want to get that quote before they take it off!!!!!!!!

hurry and abuse them...

Hmm i may do that! its a recession and people love Best buy gift Cards![/QUOTE]

Yeah dude!!! they cant deny me it right???

Think i can trade in multiple copies?

I picked up my copy of GH: Smash Hits. The best was sold out all week and there was about 6 copies when I went today. I was happy I could get a copy for the system I wanted.

Finally snagged x3 Wii and x2 PS3. For those curious about what I was asking last night, one scan of the coupon will reduce the price for all the games, up to 3/system.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']5 dollars is worth saving.............You know why?

because with that 5 dollars you saved you could buy another copy[/QUOTE]

I would have stuck around but I had to get back home to get dinner going. I'm gonna trade it in @ Amazon anyways. Before I get flamed for saying that, it was just one copy & not 10. ;)

[quote name='ballbarfer']hey does anyone have a scan of that $5 off guitar hero coupon, pm me please or post it, thanks!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Someone posted it earlier in this thread. I forget which page though.

Just tried the coupon and it didn't take off anything. The cashier said looks like you get a $10 gift card.:roll: Does the discount come up at the last second. I told her to hit total and she said she did. The store had a ton of copies...now i know why. any advice?

edit: Just figured out maybe it didn't apply because the total was over $100 and theres some promo where if you spend over 100 you get a 10 gc
edit2: went to another best buy and tried having a total under $100 and it worked perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thebytewasbit']Someone posted it earlier in this thread. I forget which page though.[/QUOTE]

does anyone know which page, i've tried skimming thru 20 or so of the 30 pages but i can't seem to find the scan of the $5 guitar hero coupon?

Picked up Fairytale Fights for the 360 for the great price of $15 plus tax after coupon and reward certificate. It's actually not that bad for a sub $20 price point, not worth $60.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Heres the coupon I scanned, I've seen people asking for it. AGAIN USING THIS COUPON IS A VERY BIG YMMV[/QUOTE]

thanks man, we need a wiki on page one to post stuff like this!

Got the last one at the Homewood, IL location with both coupons working. My grand total was $5.88. Thanks to all who posted the coupons!

i locked in my best buy trade in for 17 bucks!!!!

went all the way there today to get another copy and left my coupon at home....lol dumb me.

but i'll just go tomm this doesnt end til the 20th... so im going to try to abuse them...

This is for them screwing me out the MUA2 deal when it first came out!!!!!and over charging me for this laptop!

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']i locked in my best buy trade in for 17 bucks!!!!

went all the way there today to get another copy and left my coupon at home....lol dumb me.

but i'll just go tomm this doesnt end til the 20th... so im going to try to abuse them...

This is for them screwing me out the MUA2 deal when it first came out!!!!!and over charging me for this laptop![/QUOTE]

wait so they said you can trade in in store?

I bought 3 Smash hits for PS3 but the cashier only used the additional $5 off coupon for one of them. Total came out to $27.xx. Sad part was that the signs they had for the game said it was $60 each.

Sending two of the three straight to amazon for $35 in credit. Sweetness~~

[quote name='allure']wait so they said you can trade in in store?[/QUOTE]
no online then you send it to them... they send you gift card

Got two Smash hits for each platform(sans PS2) for a total of $30 + tax with 3 RZ coupons and 4 GH coupons. Did this spread out among 3 BBs, but when I pointed out that the back of the coupon from the 360 version of GH5 lacks a specific platform on the coupon(PS3 coupon says it's for PS2/PS3) and the back said "one coupon per puchase of product(s)" they had no problem applying it to the Wii and 360 versions on the same order.

Initial order was for PS3, second at a different BB was for Wii and 360(they were OOS of PS3 versions), and the third order at the third BB was for one of each version. :D

Promptly flipped for ~$100 credit total at two different local stores.

Not bad for spending $30. :D

This maybe off subject a little, but at the Best Buy In Springfield,VA they have the Original Lips Game (en Espanol) w/ 2 Mics, it says $34.99 on the tag as "clearance", but rang up at $19.99....Those Mics are like 40-50 bucks a piece by themselves...And the spanish version of the game is the SAME and the English version except with some spanish songs and the manual is in spanish (have everything set to english on your xbox and your good to go)...This is a STEAL...Check out your local best buy, they may have it...

bread's done
Back